Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHistoryChannel
Feb 12, 2008

found track: movement by noel zancella
I get half a boner every time i hear this track.

TheHistoryChannel fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 21, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperGlitter
May 15, 2003

This is really vague, but some electro/dancey-sounding song with a fairly young sounding female voice repeating "if you will try, I will awooawoo for you" (obviously I can't remember some of the lyrics). It was maybe on some mix/podcast? and is probably a retarded request but I want to figure it out before my brain eats itself.

e: YES I FOUND IT SOMEHOW. Juan Maclean - One Day. That wasn't worth all the mental power/time spent searching for it. If only I had gotten the lyrics right in the first place..

e2: or checked 5 pages back, haha.

HyperGlitter fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 26, 2009

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

HyperGlitter posted:

This is really vague, but some electro/dancey-sounding song with a fairly young sounding female voice repeating "if you will try, I will awooawoo for you" (obviously I can't remember some of the lyrics). It was maybe on some mix/podcast? and is probably a retarded request but I want to figure it out before my brain eats itself.

I'm guessing "Groove is in the Heart" by Deee-lite.

HyperGlitter
May 15, 2003

Nah, this song definitely sounds like it was made after the 90s.

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
God this have been bugging me for almost two days now, can anyone name this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlFODGnrLsQ#t=0m55s

HyperGlitter
May 15, 2003

Yes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3kSb3up33E

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
Yes! Thanks a bunch :dance:

HyperGlitter
May 15, 2003

No prob, shortly after I posted that I figured out my song, so clearly this thread is highly karma-driven.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Girlfriend and I heard a weird contemporary opera on WNYC's Overnight Music before it moved over to that other station, and we've been going crazy trying to figure out what it was. Sadly if we remembered the date and time we could check the archives, but now to do so would be impractical.

The main thing we remember is a male voice who would periodically shout things like "I have my own equipment," and "I have a dry sense of humor!" Those two we remember specifically, but he was generally trying to sell himself to a female voice, I think, who was sort of dismissing him out of hand saying poo poo like "I am up in the clouds!" or stuff like that, maybe.

Any... experimental contemporary opera fans in here?

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

"I'll just get a glass of orange juice." "no no no NO NO!!!"
Maybe because the video has two zero-gravity dudes wrestling in white cheddar cheese sauce, which the moon is made of? Glad you found it though, I like this band.

Edit: Talking about the Presets. Holy late.

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!
Il est impossible de s'asseoir!

Hoborg posted:

Yeeeears ago, between 1993 and 1997, most likely 95 or 96, I remember watching on Newsround (BBC News for ankle-biters) a news story about a very old woman (French? quite possibly the world's oldest person) who released a record or album that was doing very well on the contemporary charts.

Then I also think of some song from around the same time that featured a sampling of some young little poo poo^W^W^W baby babbling on, and I get the feeling it was the same song by the old lady, as though it were a poetic mix of the very young and the very old. I also remember seeing the album or single cover art featuring a photo of said baby, it may have been blueish, though I might be confusing it with Nirvana's Nevermind (but that was released years before).

I also think of The Cure as well, might they have been involved in music like this? (I don't have any of their stuff, but I remember they were mentioned on Blue Peter at the time or something).

The first album you're thinking of is "La Maitresse du Temps" by Jeanne Calment. She was 120 years old at the time of recording.

It came on the heels of the success of "Dur dur d'être bébé" by Jordy, and I think it was produced by the same people. That's probably the other song you're thinking of.

https://www.myspace.com/jeannecalment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dur_dur_d%27%EAtre_b%E9b%E9!

(ah the esoteric knowledge you glean when you volunteer at a French Canadian radio station in the 90s)

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

I'm trying to find part of the score for "The Two Towers," specifically the ominous theme that was playing around when Theoden says "Where was Gondor when the Westfold fell?"

I've got the soundtrack but I can't find it anywhere.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
I have this line stuck in my head, and I can't remember the song. It is a woman singing, I believe a ballad. This is part the chorus I think:

"walk on back." It's it's own line, the back is drawn out. Anyone?

Femur fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 28, 2009

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

I heard a cover of "Billy Jean" on NPR today that sounded oriental and had an indian sounding beat. I kept listening but I didn't catch the name of the song or who it was by. I checked the NPR website but found nothing.
Anyone have an idea?

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Camel Camus posted:

I heard a cover of "Billy Jean" on NPR today that sounded oriental and had an indian sounding beat. I kept listening but I didn't catch the name of the song or who it was by. I checked the NPR website but found nothing.
Anyone have an idea?

Is this it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymuRKv9iJm4

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

LL_Ghoul_J posted:

Is this it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymuRKv9iJm4

Afraid not, the singer sounded like an american but the strings sounded oriental, sort of thai, with a sri lankan or indian sounding beat, it was great and I want to find it so bad.

Ingraman
Jul 6, 2005
Arrogant bastard
I heard the end of a song in a department store that had a female singer rapping (or speaking?) with a poppish song playing in the background. The only lyrics I caught were "dream, dream" or "dreams, dreams". It sounded modern (something that would easily belong on a top 50 radio station), a little depressing, and the singer sounds more like a typical pop star than a rapper. The only songs I could find when I did a lyrics search are songs by Miley Cyrus, but it is not the one. Anyone know what this is?

Ingraman fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Nov 28, 2009

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

^^^
If she was British I guarantee it was Lady Sovereign. But since it's a department store, probably not.

Ingraman
Jul 6, 2005
Arrogant bastard
I checked her out and I don't think so. The song really wasn't a typical loud bass rap song, almost a folksy pop song with some speaking/rapping over it.

garbage day
Jun 13, 2008

im lollin at you're trollin

Femur posted:

I have this line stuck in my head, and I can't remember the song. It is a woman singing, I believe a ballad. This is part the chorus I think:

"walk on back." It's it's own line, the back is drawn out. Anyone?

Dionne Warwick, "Walk on By"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAdcgouhmHY

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis

Aulus posted:

A bunch of stuff about French music

Wow. I was having a stab in the dark posting my request here and I wasn't expecting any response to such an ill-defined query, especially after the thread got a new page, but you have my gratitude.

SA needs a reputation system, methinks.

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

A5H posted:

The Conelrad guy is a goon?!
That's bizarre as gently caress. I was on his site the other day and got all his music. Even tried to E-mail him to say thanks, but the inbox was full.
Yeah I've got all of boards of canadas stuff and am really liking heavier stuff like russian circles etc.

I don't think there is a thread after looking through NMD.
Yeah, he's a goon.

And I would just call that music ambient, maybe downtempo? The stuff that is a little more electronic/glitchy could be called IDM (Intelligent Dance Music), although apparently some people don't like that name. somaFM has a good online radio station for this music http://somafm.com/play/cliqhop

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Thanks man :)

ColonelMoutard
May 24, 2004
this is the closest thread that I could find to my question; does anyone know if this portion of Lady Gaga - Just Dance (3.00 - 3.10) is sampled from something else?
if so, what? I'm almost certain I've heard it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M65zI9LH-as#3:00

Fishy Flip
Jan 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I first listened to this song last year around Christmas and I can't remember the artist or the name of the song.
The song was Silent Night, but sounded like it was sung by a demon or Satan or something, lol. It was very slow, and had bombs on gunfire echoing in the background. It sounded really cool, anyone know what I'm talking about?

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
I'm gonna try this one again since I heard it again the other day

Elohssa Gib posted:

Since that season is approaching and the store I work at has started playing them already, I thought I would ask about a Christmas song. It's a version of Jingle Bells that I always seem to notice when I don't have time to stop and listen to who it's by. It starts normal and then it sounds like it switches to an odd language, something like, "wam pa nel" instead of "jingle bells" and its kinda swingy. Anyone have a clue?

I think it's just the first verse and chorus, first in English and then repeated in either Polish, or a Scandinavian language. I really want to add it to my collection of odd Christmas songs, right next to Dominick the Donkey and I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas.

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.

Eamonn posted:

this is the closest thread that I could find to my question; does anyone know if this portion of Lady Gaga - Just Dance (3.00 - 3.10) is sampled from something else?
if so, what? I'm almost certain I've heard it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M65zI9LH-as#3:00

the synth sound reminds me a bit of the beginning of yaz's 'Don't Go' but it's not a sample of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qmW2MDmZQ

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
I heard 2 songs today at a restaurant that sounded like Ben Folds singing, but the music was jazz/swing/big band. I basically don't know anything he's done besides "Brick", "Battle of Who Could Care Less" and "Rocking The Suburbs". Did he ever do something jazzy/swinging?

(also, Williards BBQ in Chantilly VA plays the best music)

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
http://suicidegirls.com/members/muller/2018965/

Anybody know what song those lyrics are for?

edit: found it!

http://nerdtorious.com/2009/10/08/doctors-note/

fletcher fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Dec 3, 2009

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
Does anyone know which Mars Volata song this clip is from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDS_YABbh6w

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!
I'm lookin for a blues song I have on a cd my friend gave me but I didn't get the name of it. Now the drat CD is all scratched up.

It sounds like a live recording with a few horns, guitar, and drums, and the first lyrics sound like an older man saying:

Been down-hearted baby,
Ever since the day we met.
I been down-hearted baby,
Our love is nothin' but the blues.
Baby how blue can you get?

The a much younger man or woman not sure) comes in after the horns:

My love is like a fire.
Your love is like a cigarette

Another man comes in right after with:

My love is like a fire.
Your love is like a cigarette.
I watched you step down on it baby and crush it.
Tell me how, Tell me how, how blue can you get.

Two sax's and a trumpet do thier own respective solos and come in for a trio followed by yet another guy with the lines:

Even when I'm with you
And you're jealous when we're apart.
Yes even when I'm with you
And you're jealous when we're apart.

How blue can you get?
(something) right here in my heart

The brass come in and slow the tempo leading into the first man with each line seperated by a horn measure

I gave you a brand new ford,
You said "I like a cadillac"
I bought you a ten dollar dinner
You said "thanks for the snack"
I let you live in my penthouse
You said it was "just a shack"
I gave you seven children baby
Now you wanna give them back

I been down-hearted baby,
Our love is nothin' but the blues.
Baby how blue can you get?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

B.B. King - How Blue Can You Get
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jCNXASjzMY

(might not be the right version, but that's the song)

Vox
May 2, 2008
can anyone identify this song?

http://www.zshare.net/audio/59784242f17b718c/

lyrics:

Mr. Fresh Ta Def I'm too drat cool
Get low get dough that's what I do
I got chicks get cheese like cordon bleu
Haters try holdin us back
Do something to the game
I cut em short like an opening act
At the top's where I picture me at
No joke I'm a star so I'm meant to shine I won't choke
Flow like lava, quotes deserves Oscars
Stacked to my pocket fatter than both Barkers
Most of you clowns never measure up but if you feelin foggy you welcome to try your luck, yeah
Fall shorter than midgets on all fours
I pivot and post ya'll
Like pimpin' in '94
Dawg! Don't T-

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Bolkovr posted:

I heard 2 songs today at a restaurant that sounded like Ben Folds singing, but the music was jazz/swing/big band. I basically don't know anything he's done besides "Brick", "Battle of Who Could Care Less" and "Rocking The Suburbs". Did he ever do something jazzy/swinging?

(also, Williards BBQ in Chantilly VA plays the best music)

Steven's Last Night in Town?

lta
Mar 8, 2007
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myvAF5khAgA#t=55s
Anyone know what song is playing in this video at 0:55 - 3:15? Its from Dreamhack winter 2009's opening ceremony.

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

B.B. King - How Blue Can You Get
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jCNXASjzMY

(might not be the right version, but that's the song)

Awesome! Thank ya sir.

Didion
Mar 16, 2009
Damnit, I use to love this indieband containing of two people( I think), my favourite song began with the words: "Lying down", it was a pianosong, and ended with cute noises from a baby that giggled.

Jeez, I feel so old for forgetting about them.

EDIT: Mates of State, gently caress that's been bothering me for the past week.

Didion fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 4, 2009

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Suddenly got part of a song in my head and it's driving me mad that I can't remember what it is. I think it's possibly Radiohead, if not then something similar. The bit I can remember of the song is right at the end, the lyrics are something like "And I'll feel all I've ever been", and the voice goes really high and sustains the word "feel" (if that is even what the lyric is)

If the vocal melody was on guitar it would be something like this:

code:
And I'll feeeeeel  all I've ev-er been
---------11---------13-11---11-7---6----
----------------------------------------
-8--8-----------------------------------
And it ends with piano playing a D# chord, it's probably the wrong key but oh well

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Paperhouse posted:

Suddenly got part of a song in my head and it's driving me mad that I can't remember what it is. I think it's possibly Radiohead, if not then something similar. The bit I can remember of the song is right at the end, the lyrics are something like "And I'll feel all I've ever been", and the voice goes really high and sustains the word "feel" (if that is even what the lyric is)

If the vocal melody was on guitar it would be something like this:

code:
And I'll feeeeeel  all I've ev-er been
---------11---------13-11---11-7---6----
-8--8-----------------------------------
And it ends with piano playing a D# chord, it's probably the wrong key but oh well
It was bloody Muse - Citizen Erased

loving hell that was bugging me for ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I heard a vocal-less prog house/trance song a few days ago. How the hell do I go about find it? Do I record myself humming it? Is there a website where I can key in the notes?

EDIT: I found a flash keyboard, it sounds like:

B---B--B---A--A---G#---G#

Repeating over and over with a bassline that changes in octave

and a 4x4 beat.

the fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Dec 4, 2009