Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

the posted:

What is the movie playing in "Sala 1?"

Saw 6:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

Haha no but that sounds like an awesome movie!

VorpalBunny
May 1, 2009

Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog

Robin Sparkles posted:

Haha no but that sounds like an awesome movie!

If by awesome you mean "Francis Ford Coppola's career took an AWESOME fall! This movie sucks!" then yes, it is awesome.

Robin Williams has a whole sequence where he farts in cans to save the smell for later, or something. It was a terrible, terrible movie.

Robin Sparkles
Apr 23, 2009

VorpalBunny posted:

If by awesome you mean "Francis Ford Coppola's career took an AWESOME fall! This movie sucks!" then yes, it is awesome.

Robin Williams has a whole sequence where he farts in cans to save the smell for later, or something. It was a terrible, terrible movie.

Oh.. so not so awesome. It sounds like a neat concept though. Maybe I'll watch it next time I'm drunk?

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

?

edit: it's from 1984

Pweller fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Nov 28, 2009

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Some one posted a link to the scene I am thinking of a while back in this forum. I think it basically involves a crazy mountain man killing either two civil war officers or some kind of law men. It has a freaky kind of violin like music going as it all happens.

Any one know what this is?

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Darth Freddy posted:

Some one posted a link to the scene I am thinking of a while back in this forum. I think it basically involves a crazy mountain man killing either two civil war officers or some kind of law men. It has a freaky kind of violin like music going as it all happens.

Any one know what this is?

Might be Ravenous: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129332/

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

codyclarke posted:

Might be Ravenous: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0129332/

Thats it! Thanks man.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

the posted:

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

What is the movie playing in "Sala 1?"

the most recent Saw I think

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Erasmus Darwin posted:

Unico: In the Magic Island

The witch was actually a guy named Lord Kuruku, but he looked and sounded very witch-like. And he was turning everyone into "living puppets" which were essentially stone building blocks for his castle.

(picture)

Awesome. I was beginning to think I'd never remember what the heck that crazy movie was. Thanks!

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
I remember a while ago I heard about a horror film (might have been foreign) that was a rip off of this Twilight Zone episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Characters_in_Search_of_an_Exit (Don't read much of the synopsis if you don't want the twist ruined)

I forget what the name of it was, and it's not listed on the wiki. Does anyone remember a horror film with a similar reveal or gimmick to this episode?

shadysight
Mar 31, 2007

Only slightly crazy
I'm looking for a film that's about the end of the world. Things I remember about it are a very reluctant Jesus having to undo seals or something that cause disasters leading up to it. I remember it being more about his angst about this than the action itself. I also remember it involving him having probably more than one conversation with the devil, and being shot at by Mormons(?) and possibly the government. It's probably from the 80's or 90's.

For whatever reason, I mentally tie it with the song "It's the end of the world as we know it"

Thanks in advance to anyone who might know what the heck I'm talking about.

The Lucas
Dec 28, 2006

codyclarke posted:

I remember a while ago I heard about a horror film (might have been foreign) that was a rip off of this Twilight Zone episode: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Characters_in_Search_of_an_Exit (Don't read much of the synopsis if you don't want the twist ruined)

I forget what the name of it was, and it's not listed on the wiki. Does anyone remember a horror film with a similar reveal or gimmick to this episode?

Cube had (sort of) this gimmick.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

The Lucas posted:

Cube had (sort of) this gimmick.

The Cube movies are along the right path, but sadly not it. I really wish I could remember what it was, it's on the tip of my tongue.

Starscream
Aug 17, 2000

codyclarke posted:

The Cube movies are along the right path, but sadly not it. I really wish I could remember what it was, it's on the tip of my tongue.

Malefique?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

This one will be simple but can't quite place the movie. The opening scene is of a garbage truck making the rounds, but in reality it's being used by the bad guys. Cut to a scene of a homeowner desperately trying to get his trash to the curb for the garbage truck, and he ends up getting shot by the bad guys.

I feel like it's an 80s action movie.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Commando:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwq9V7AEhi0

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

regulargonzalez posted:

This one will be simple but can't quite place the movie. The opening scene is of a garbage truck making the rounds, but in reality it's being used by the bad guys. Cut to a scene of a homeowner desperately trying to get his trash to the curb for the garbage truck, and he ends up getting shot by the bad guys.

I feel like it's an 80s action movie.

I couldn't resist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Schweinhund posted:

Commando:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwq9V7AEhi0

Thanks, no idea why I couldn't place something that obvious.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I feel like this is the quintessential ID movie post but what was the big thriller/horror movie where an investigative type goes to a mental institution/prison and finds out the inmates are actually in charge? After seeing the Shutter Island trailer I'm sure everyone's thinking the same thing

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Starscream posted:

Malefique?

I don't think this is it, but this looks pretty interesting anyway! I'm gonna give this a try.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
For the videotape behind the pedicure, I'll throw out my two guesses of Love Actually or one of the Brady bunch movies, I'm probably very wrong.

NeoProwl
Jul 5, 2005
I put the words in "words words words", don't question it!
I have very little information on this one, so good luck... but if anyone can figure this out, they'd be here, and props in advance if you do.

All I really have is what I remember as the opening scene. I was just a little kid and the scene freaked the gently caress out of me. Every now and then the scene crosses my mind and my curiousity starts again.

Again, I'm fairly sure that this is the opening scene, possibly even before the opening credits or title. Two men, I seem to remember them as being soldiers (not sure, but they could have been Nazis, or at least WWII era) are examining a hole in possibly a brick or stone wall. They see something inside and are reaching in to get it (gold? A treasure? A box? something). They can't reach it, so they decide one of them needs to crawl in. One helps the other into the hole, head first, holding his legs, so that he can pull him back out when he reaches it. I believe he screams, or starts struggling, possibly a flash or loud noise. The man on the outside goes to pull him out, and he pulls out only what is left, the man's body being severed from the waist up (or so). He falls to the ground, screaming, as his friend's legs tumble on the ground.

That's it. I saw this on TV, but we always had cable growing up, so it could have been on any of the movie channels (I assume it was, because of the gore). I'm 27, so I most likely saw this scene in the late 80's, the movie could have been from the 80's or even late 70's. Again, certain details are questionable, but the main torso severing is the main memory. Thanks for trying!

Sizzlechest
May 7, 2007

NeoProwl posted:

I have very little information on this one, so good luck... but if anyone can figure this out, they'd be here, and props in advance if you do.

All I really have is what I remember as the opening scene. I was just a little kid and the scene freaked the gently caress out of me. Every now and then the scene crosses my mind and my curiousity starts again.

Again, I'm fairly sure that this is the opening scene, possibly even before the opening credits or title. Two men, I seem to remember them as being soldiers (not sure, but they could have been Nazis, or at least WWII era) are examining a hole in possibly a brick or stone wall. They see something inside and are reaching in to get it (gold? A treasure? A box? something). They can't reach it, so they decide one of them needs to crawl in. One helps the other into the hole, head first, holding his legs, so that he can pull him back out when he reaches it. I believe he screams, or starts struggling, possibly a flash or loud noise. The man on the outside goes to pull him out, and he pulls out only what is left, the man's body being severed from the waist up (or so). He falls to the ground, screaming, as his friend's legs tumble on the ground.

That's it. I saw this on TV, but we always had cable growing up, so it could have been on any of the movie channels (I assume it was, because of the gore). I'm 27, so I most likely saw this scene in the late 80's, the movie could have been from the 80's or even late 70's. Again, certain details are questionable, but the main torso severing is the main memory. Thanks for trying!

The Keep. It's a thread favorite.

NeoProwl
Jul 5, 2005

Sizzlechest posted:

The Keep. It's a thread favorite.

SWEET! Thank you, so quick too. Never really followed the "ID a movie" threads, but will from now on, hopefully I can give back some.

Looks interesting... I've only seen that one scene, I can't wait to see how well I remembered it. Thanks again!

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
I posted this on page 1, and again a year ago with no success. HOping I'll get lucky eventually.

Watched This: Mid 80's.
Genre: Action, probably
Remember:
I remember the basic plot, but details are fuzzy. It's basically some girl who gets murdered or raped by 3 guys/campers and her dad/boyfriend/whoever goes out to get revenge.
The movie is mostly about him hunting them in the woods. I think the first camper who gets killed was a fat guy alone in the camp by the side of a river and gets chased a bit in the water before being drowned/or his head smashed by a rock, I'm not too sure. I dont rememeber anything about the rest apart from a lot of running through woods. At the end, after he killed them all three, he comes back home to find the cops there that tells him they arrested the 3 guys that raped/murdered the girl.

It is not Macon County Line.

NeoProwl
Jul 5, 2005

Thejaff posted:

I posted this on page 1, and again a year ago with no success. HOping I'll get lucky eventually.

Remember:
I remember the basic plot, but details are fuzzy. It's basically some girl who gets murdered or raped by 3 guys/campers and her dad/boyfriend/whoever goes out to get revenge.
The movie is mostly about him hunting them in the woods. I think the first camper who gets killed was a fat guy alone in the camp by the side of a river and gets chased a bit in the water before being drowned/or his head smashed by a rock, I'm not too sure. I dont rememeber anything about the rest apart from a lot of running through woods. At the end, after he killed them all three, he comes back home to find the cops there that tells him they arrested the 3 guys that raped/murdered the girl.

Mind you, I'm new to this thread... but crazy idea: Maybe spoiler tag... you know... spoilers? Yeah, I know that we don't know what movie it is, but the hope is that we get the movie identified, once it is, then the ending is simultaneously spoiled. I dunno if that has been the practice in this thread or previous threads, but it might not be a bad idea.

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

NeoProwl posted:

Mind you, I'm new to this thread... but crazy idea: Maybe spoiler tag... you know... spoilers? Yeah, I know that we don't know what movie it is, but the hope is that we get the movie identified, once it is, then the ending is simultaneously spoiled. I dunno if that has been the practice in this thread or previous threads, but it might not be a bad idea.

I kind of agree - I had Diabolique ruined by a thread like this - but doing that won't help, because everyone will read the ending to see what the movie is. I think the best best is to post the answer in spoiler tags, something like: "The movie is whatever, but I really wouldn't look if you don't know it, because the ending is really awesome and it shouldn't be ruined."

I don't mean post all answers that way, just ones where people have posted the endings.

Especially Diabolique. :sigh:

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007

shadysight posted:

I'm looking for a film that's about the end of the world. Things I remember about it are a very reluctant Jesus having to undo seals or something that cause disasters leading up to it. I remember it being more about his angst about this than the action itself. I also remember it involving him having probably more than one conversation with the devil, and being shot at by Mormons(?) and possibly the government. It's probably from the 80's or 90's.

For whatever reason, I mentally tie it with the song "It's the end of the world as we know it"

Until the End of the World? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101458/

northerain
Apr 8, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
How in the hell are you going to help someone find a movie when you won't read spoilers?

I'm looking for this movie where a blank is blank.It takes place in blank while blank is blank all of them.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

shadysight posted:

The Book of Life by Hal Hartley. It has PJ Harvey as Mary Magdalene.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Thejaff posted:

Remember:

You're likely looking for the creatively titled "Revenge for a Rape".

Alternately, if you want a less exploitive version you can watch the story as part of Alfred Hitchcock Presents:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkB7RARpMUk

NeoProwl
Jul 5, 2005

northerain posted:

How in the hell are you going to help someone find a movie when you won't read spoilers?

I'm looking for this movie where a blank is blank.It takes place in blank while blank is blank all of them.

First of all, you can figure out a movie without specifically spoiling the ending, using other details and plot points, its just the spoiled ending that I care about. If all you really remember are spoilers, then fine. But in the post I was replying to, he gave many OTHER details about the movie, and he finished saying, "At the end..." and goes on to give away the ending. He wasn't posting just the ending to figure out the movie, he gave pretty much a full synopsis of the movie, including spoiling the end. I agree with what ClydeUmney said, if someone posts a description of a movie with a significant spoiler in it, the person that replies with the name of the movie should reply with the name of the movie in spoiler tags, saying that if you know what the movie is... it will be spoiled by the description. Its just that those giving the answer, need to think to do this IF the original post spoils the movie.

shadysight
Mar 31, 2007

Only slightly crazy

SaintFu posted:

The Book of Life by Hal Hartley. It has PJ Harvey as Mary Magdalene.

Thanks, I'm pretty sure that's it!

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

The GBS "help people remember things" thread didn't get me anywhere with this, so maybe someone here can:

About three (I think?) years ago I saw a more recently-made Japanese horror film that was really strange. My most vivid memory is a scene where the crazy sadistic grandmother dumps a bowl of worms on a boy in a wheelchair, and there are several shots of her looking menacing and waving around a taser. I think the end had something to do with a hosed up hidden twin sister to the wheelchair kid or something like that; I can't remember the specific details. I can't even remember if it was good or not-- we were all sort of drunk and watching it sounded like a good idea. Help?

Loki42
Oct 11, 2002

I have lived the ramen!
I believe this is a French subbed movie originally. The only scene I remember was an incredible fight scene. The protagonist witnesses people beating on civilians for some reason (taxes? mugging?) and intervenes. They outnumber him 12 to 1 or so and may have been on horseback, but he proceeds to beat the snot out of them with a staff.

This all happens at night I believe, and it was raining and muddy.

The time period was civil war or before. I don't remember where it took place.

This movie is 1995-2003 I think

It's not The Musketeer or Braveheart.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Loki42 posted:

I believe this is a French subbed movie originally. The only scene I remember was an incredible fight scene. The protagonist witnesses people beating on civilians for some reason (taxes? mugging?) and intervenes. They outnumber him 12 to 1 or so and may have been on horseback, but he proceeds to beat the snot out of them with a staff.

This all happens at night I believe, and it was raining and muddy.

The time period was civil war or before. I don't remember where it took place.

This movie is 1995-2003 I think

It's not The Musketeer or Braveheart.

Brotherhood Of The Wolf:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0237534/

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!

Helvete posted:

The GBS "help people remember things" thread didn't get me anywhere with this, so maybe someone here can:

About three (I think?) years ago I saw a more recently-made Japanese horror film that was really strange. My most vivid memory is a scene where the crazy sadistic grandmother dumps a bowl of worms on a boy in a wheelchair, and there are several shots of her looking menacing and waving around a taser. I think the end had something to do with a hosed up hidden twin sister to the wheelchair kid or something like that; I can't remember the specific details. I can't even remember if it was good or not-- we were all sort of drunk and watching it sounded like a good idea. Help?

I think this maybe Living Hell:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0255237/

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

zombieman posted:

I think this maybe Living Hell:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0255237/

Yeah, that's definitely it. Thanks a lot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I was in a Landmark theater in Cambridge, MA and I saw an ad for what had to have been a foreign film. There was also an ad for Gomorrah, so this had to have been 2008. All I really remember is a picture which had a man and a very pale woman or girl who had makeup that made her look like some kind of winter nymph. I thought it said something about mountains in the title but I might be imagining that.

Anyway, I kept checking the listings but none of the movies after I saw this ad seemed to match whatever the hell I saw an ad for. It was definitely for a current and upcoming release to that theater and I'm almost certain it was foreign. Does anyone happen to know what this movie was?

Fake edit: It might have been from Easten Europe.