Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
If you think that's not a kit for outer wear during games you are....

INCORRECT:

quote:

Duda, Nani, Bruno Alves, Paulo Ferreira and Miguel gathered to show the "Nike Pro Combat" Kit for the Portuguese National Team.

The new Nike Pro Combat gear will be used in the match against Bosnia Herzegovina, and available through the FSC Shop and official Nike Store.

Well I'll watch that game. Portugal playing in their jammies.

edit: aww drat it is MEEE who is incorrect. Still, at least we know what they're hiding.

Was Taters fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 19, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I didn't see this posted but the Phildelphia Union kit for 10/11.

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/image/philadelphia-union-10-11-adidas-home-shirt-2_(1).jpg

I really kind of like it. It doesn't look as ridiculous as most of the poo poo Adidas has been coming out with. I'm just not sure if I like it, or if I like it by comparison.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 19, 2009

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Those better be real and game kits.

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

Yeah, that's the real shirt. The away shirts have leaked as well.

EDIT: If you're talking about Portugal, those are undershirts, not the proper jersey.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
You guys trying to post the Philly shirts are all 404ing for me. Of course, I saw it in the MLS thread :smug:

Hieronymus Bosch
Feb 26, 2008
I like the Philly kits, but I know they've come under a lot of poo poo for it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hieronymus Bosch posted:

More like someone has poo poo on them a lot.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Hieronymus Bosch posted:

I'm not sure I like the gold away kit. I'd have to see the real shirt and not just a mock up though.

e: Sorry about the 404. The URL cut off the last 4 characters for some reason. I fixed it in the other post so the home kit should load properly.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Akileese posted:

I'm not sure I like the gold away kit. I'd have to see the real shirt and not just a mock up though.

e: Sorry about the 404. The URL cut off the last 4 characters for some reason. I fixed it in the other post so the home kit should load properly.

I think it's actually tan. Which is so bad. SERIOUSLY who makes brown one of their colors, and then thinks it's a great idea to make a giant coiler their team symbol.

Question: why do I never see much in the way of 'and silver' kits in football?

Orange Carebear
Aug 25, 2009
Those Union kits would be ace if the brown was gold.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Purple & gold, black & gold and silver & white would be fine combinations. I loved having a smidge of gold on our home kit last year.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I like black and purple, but that would be all wrong for Philly.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Purple & gold, black & gold and silver & white would be fine combinations. I loved having a smidge of gold on our home kit last year.

Black and silver also VERY classy!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Silver and purple is also awesome.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Was Taters posted:

Black and silver also VERY classy!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

calcio posted:

If I could commit one murder and get away with it Al Davis would be dead tomorrow.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
I want the Raiders to make a Superbowl so I can actively support a team for the one game of pointyball I watch each year.

Also I could paint myself black and silver and wear spikes and chains and poo poo, like one of the smokers in Waterworld

:colbert:

Hieronymus Bosch
Feb 26, 2008

Was Taters posted:

I think it's actually tan. Which is so bad. SERIOUSLY who makes brown one of their colors, and then thinks it's a great idea to make a giant coiler their team symbol.

Question: why do I never see much in the way of 'and silver' kits in football?

:eng101: The blue and tan that they use are roughly the colors worn by the American Revolutionaries. They often wore dark blue coats with tan shirts and pants. In that way, the new kit mimics the look of a blue coat over a tan undershirt.

That's why I started to like the kit a little more because it wasn't just a half-assed decision. It was partially logical.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
It's still poo-ish. Maybe if they'd gone argyle.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Will the Louisiana Rebels also be joining next season? That would just be awesome. The first team rivalry where fans get together before games and have war re-enactments.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r315/aawags11/WC102.jpg

Does anyone have any idea when the US World Cup shirt is going on sale? This is apparently it. It's suppose to go for a commemorative look from the 1950 shirt when they beat England 1-0 (What I read on football shirt culture).

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/

The greatest website ever. Ever. If I had a bag full of money I could spend a good chunk of it there.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Shrapnac posted:

The greatest website ever. Ever. If I had a bag full of money I could spend a good chunk of it there.

Adidas have a lot to answer for

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Shrapnac posted:

Holy poo poo, they have a Vicenza kit with Toni on the back. If he wasn't such poo poo now it might be worth the 84 loving pounds :(

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

The '90 tv static home kit is for some reason often missed from the top 10 bad kits ever list, you have to remember though those are supposed to be blue hoops and for some other reason unknown to man they're loving diagonal.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Shrapnac posted:

1. I seriously hate you right now. So many shirts...
2. They really need a filter by size option.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

calcio posted:

1. I seriously hate you right now. So many shirts...
2. They really need a filter by size option.

Here you go

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/European-Clubs-Italian-Clubs-Roma/c22_173_186/p23268/1990-91-Roma-Home-Shirt-XL/product_info.html

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/International-Teams-European-Italy/c23_78_93/p14460/1986-90-Italy-Home-Shirt-XL/product_info.html

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co...oduct_info.html

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Oh screw you. Just because I'm American doens't mean I'm a fatty just like because your English doesn't mean your ugly. ;)

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
Shame that site doesn't have the Belgium 1982 World Cup home kit or the DDR 1974 one... I've been looking for both of those since forever.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

calcio posted:

Oh screw you. Just because I'm American doens't mean I'm a fatty just like because your English doesn't mean your ugly. ;)

Although in these specific cases...

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
My dad has some old kits I could sell if the offer is right. The thing is I need to know what year they're from to get a quote. Any ideas? These are la liga kits

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

poty posted:

My dad has some old kits I could sell if the offer is right. The thing is I need to know what year they're from to get a quote. Any ideas? These are la liga kits

Check them with the classic football shirts site. It should give you a rough estimate at any rate. Unless they're really old. That site seems to go back to the early 80s for most of the bigger name clubs.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
yo anyone know where I can get an Altidore US away jersey?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The broken bones posted:

You might want to wait until they release the World Cup shirts (don't know when that will be though).

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

The broken bones posted:

the new one or not? world soccer shop has been solid for my legit kits. I have only seen a mention of the new USA kit in this thread, not sure if it was real or not.

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

I will meet you there.
Yeah, was hoping for the white one with the thin red horizontal stripes, looks like everyone's sold out (including world soccer shop). Guess I'll just wait.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

The broken bones posted:

Yeah, was hoping for the white one with the thin red horizontal stripes, looks like everyone's sold out (including world soccer shop). Guess I'll just wait.

from a few posts up this is the new one:

I hope the away is blue with the stripe, I dont really like the white

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

I will meet you there.
the United States Hall Monitors

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?

The broken bones posted:

the United States Hall Monitors

Oh, I like this one, I've only heard people comparing it to a Miss America sash so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Black Sock
Mar 12, 2007

Anyone know where I can find the gray kit Real Madrid has in fifa?