Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
Installed some nice shiny new EBC pads all around on the ST1300 - the rear pads were toast, and the front ones weren't too far behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
Cleaned up the chain, and stretched it's legs. 140 miles on a BEAUTIFUL (73 degrees, WHAT) November day in Indiana.

http://twitpic.com/ou56w

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Crashed it three times.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Washed, waxed & winterized 'er, and put her away for 'til Spring.

If anyone around the Great Lakes wasn't out this last weekend, you suck! :)

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Zool posted:

Crashed it three times.

I'll take you bait sir. Elaborate.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Zool posted:

Crashed it three times.

You know if you rode DIRT you could make that 9 times!

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Ola posted:

I'll take you bait sir. Elaborate.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3210670#post368143171

VTNewb posted:

You know if you rode DIRT you could make that 9 times!

Keep in mind I only rode for about 45 minutes :laugh:

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Zool posted:

Keep in mind I only rode for about 45 minutes :laugh:

You must get awfully sore. Pavement doesn't have much give.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

VTNewb posted:

You must get awfully sore. Pavement doesn't have much give.

No it does not, then again neither do the hardpack, roots, and rocks in the dirt section... I forgot my back protector at home too. I'm a bit sore, but you don't have that far to fall on the asphalt, provided you don't highside.

Hazlen
May 5, 2007
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Lubed the chain for the first time.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
The ST got a nice new air filter today

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.
I did this! The letters are for another forum, but I think you guys can figure out what everything is.

soggywaffles
Mar 18, 2009
The good:
Adjusted the clutch
Adjusted the rear brake
Removed the pillion pad & sissy bar (that fender just looks too good)

The bad:
Stripped a windshield bolt (ARG...it's staying on for winter anyway)
Realized I left my valve stem caps at the gas station when airing the tires =(

The great:

Rode it!

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

My VL800TK8, also pictured, my sister's '84 (?) XJ550

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Went for a ~3 hour ride, logged my 2000th mile on this bike (it wasn't road-ready until late May).

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

Ticked over 20k miles on my GSXR on the way home from the Dragon, then washed both the GSXR and Shadow. Waxed the chain as well.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Well, my thread on my rebuild has disappeared into the abyss that is the archives, but now that I have a garage, I finally got the ZX6R back up and running. It's been sitting sans valve cover gasket for about 2 months now, and yesterday and the day before I ran the wiring harness, installed the ECU/throttle bodies/airbox, cleaned things up, and got it to a state where it'd actually start.

Now I just need an undertail, a battery, a replacement fairing stay, plastics, and a right side rearset and it'll be all ready to go.

Sorry for the poo poo pictures:

Proud owner of the only ZX6R in the nation with airbrakes, right here. (Tank is all bent up from PO's crash). I'll go apply for a temp plate at the DMV once the plastics show up :haw:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Screw plastics, I'd run it just like that. Get out of my way because I just don't give a gently caress.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Spiffness posted:

Screw plastics, I'd run it just like that. Get out of my way because I just don't give a gently caress can't loving stop.

There's no brakes at the moment either. :downs:

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...

Z3n posted:

Who needs brakes when you've got style?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Z3n posted:

That never stopped you before :downsrim:

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Swapped my Micron exhaust for stock headers + M4 stubby slip-on. What a prick of a job.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I finally got the handguard part that I've been waiting for so I can get the Hyper put back together. But my balls are still sore from my vasectomy Friday so I won't be riding for a while.

Today I am going to take care of a common problem with the Hyper. The bolt that holds the kickstand bracket in place has a tendency to back out. If it gets too bad it really fucks up the threads. So I'm going to locktite and torque the bolt since it is really loose right now.

bung fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 19, 2009

bung
Dec 14, 2004

quote is not edit

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
you edited that but somehow I can still read about your balls.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.
I deactivated the active exhaust valve flapper thingy on my CBR early this morning. It's servo controled by the ecu and partially covers the main exhaust port at low rpms / throttle openings to help meet epa regs for idle noise. Before I did this it sounded flat at idle through ~4k if I wasn't really wrapping it on. I only have ridden to work so far and having it open at all times doesn't seem to effect fueling at all, and it sounds great. This has pretty much elminated my want for an aftermarket exhaust... but the Taylormade unit just looks so great I might end up with it in the future :)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I finally reconnected the signals on the DRZ. And put the new plate on. Not that I've been riding without them, I just haven't been riding due to my crash injury (but am hoping to next weekend!). :(

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Just a little routine maintenance oh my GS500 I bought a little over a month ago.

Oil changed, used 10w40 mobil 1 synthetic motorcycle oil.

New Bridgestone upfront, although the shop said I should do the rear too so I am going to get that taken care of this week. replaced air filter as well.

I've put about 700 miles on my baby, I'm a new rider and i'm loving it! Commutes are awesome, I can park just about anywhere, and I got about 59mpg last fill up.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Took it out to see the snow for the first time! :3:

Best part about CA is going from that to this in 15 miles.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

OK this will sound incredibly noobish, but I filled my first bike up for the first time today. Got to say it was an interesting feeling when the fuel cut out on the way to work yesterday, took me a while to work out what was going on (bike didn't accelerate, RPM's dropped a bit then the thing stalled. I pulled over to the side of the road, switched to reserve and everything was fine).

I also had my first ride in the rain yesterday evening, it wasn't too bad but then again my commute home from work barely gets about 25km/h and I've ridden the road plenty of times in much worse conditions on a mountain bike.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was hoping you were gonna say you put 20 oz. of NOS fuel additive in your tank to fix the problem and it just made it worse.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
walked past it sadly, as the weather is fairly lovely today and I didn't ride.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I haven't done anything to the bike specifically the past days, but I've ordered/bought tons of poo poo for many hours of winter project fun.

- Steel braided brake hoses all around
- New brackets for the headlight
- Shifter and clutch arm seals for my oil leak
- Tools for prying the shifter seal out, I really hope they work because that fucker is stuck
- Oil / filter
- Grey and matt black paint for touch ups
- New rear shock from Hagon.

Took a long while to decide on which shock to go for. I could probably have done well with some slightly used Ohlins from eBay but it's such a gamble with what fits, correct spring rates and so on. The one from Hagon has remote preload, linked compression/rebound adjust and most importantly: a red sexy spring. I'm concerned about internet rumours concerning leaks and possibly a chance it can't take my bike's full gross weight - at least it's got 2 years warranty. The other aftermarket shocks were either too expensive or not enough features.

Still to come: sintered pads up front to see if it helps wet braking (will prob wait until late Feb to do those) and last but not least Race Tech cartridge emulators for plush forks. I need to take the forks apart and measure the damper rod to be absolutely sure which part I need, so that too will have to wait until the rear end is done. I'm still thinking about replacing my old instrument cluster for a new and sexy German one, but that's quite a lot of money for very little quality of life enhancement. Same with bigger side panniers.

Will probably do another overseas order for odds and ends depending on how the swingarm bearings/bushings look after I take it apart. Since it's quite a lot to do I might make a project thread out of it.

tl;dr: I'm not buying a new bike in 2010

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
BROKE THE CLUTCH HANDLE.

christ. Lose weight you fatass suzuki whore.

I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean it. I'll buy you another one. And ... buff that scratch off your tank. The scratch on the spot where, if I'd applied that goofy plastic 'boulevard' thing instead of trying to be cool, you'd be unscratched.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
Chain was making a weird clink sound every time the master link went around the rear sprocket and on the rear stand there an obvious binding when I was turning the wheel (possibly due to noobish wheel alignment this summer). So a few weeks ago I tried to put on a new rivet master link, failed miserably. Tried riding it down the road about a mile to the Ducati Omaha store to have them put on a new chain since mine was looking bad anyway. Ended up pushing the bike back home since the new poorly attempted master link failed to hold. Drove there in my car, picked up a new chain with a clip type master link. Ended up cutting it ONE LINK too short. Cursed a lot and kicked a lot of stuff. Threw on the old chain with the new clip type master link and rode it for the first time in a few weeks. Felt good but will try again a new chain next season. :sigh: Everyone has to start learning poo poo somewhere I guess

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Finally discovered why my project ex500 has refused to start all these months. The ignition switch is a 2nd gen, and it's wired differently than 1st gen switches
:ughh:

I'll finally have a running bike instead of garage decoration when my new (older) switch arrives :woop:

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
Stabil and a battery tender :( It'll still be accessible for those 40 degree winter days, though. I've got that sinking feeling though, 30's and raining is only the beginning of winter. It's gonna be a long few months....

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR

UserNotFound posted:

Stabil and a battery tender :( It'll still be accessible for those 40 degree winter days, though. I've got that sinking feeling though, 30's and raining is only the beginning of winter. It's gonna be a long few months....

Hey now if its raining that must mean the ground is wet and safe to ride on :v:

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

UserNotFound posted:

It was 60 here on Monday and it snowed today.

I think it's about time for the stabil, tender and cover. :smith:

Legerdemain
May 3, 2007

Maybe there's something wrong with me, Nanny.
I revved it a couple times in the garage like a loser because I had to take the car. I forgot what it sounded like without a helmet on.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

BROKE THE CLUTCH HANDLE.

christ. Lose weight you fatass suzuki whore.

I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean it. I'll buy you another one. And ... buff that scratch off your tank. The scratch on the spot where, if I'd applied that goofy plastic 'boulevard' thing instead of trying to be cool, you'd be unscratched.

If anybody asks, she rolled into a doorknob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I rode the ST to work.

This is a big deal because as you may have seen on the news, the world is going to end here in Texas. It is supposed to snow today in Austin, with a hard freeze coming tonight. The temperature gauge showed 38F as I parked at work.

To be honest, I'm a bit nervous about my ride home. The snow is supposed to stop falling before I clock out, but odds are it will still be slushy and wet for my ride home. Temps are not supposed to drop below freezing till well after my shift ends, and I don't have to cross any bridges. In theory I should be OK as I only live about 20min away and I've ridden in wet and rain before without issue.

Maybe I'm stupid for not taking the car. But I *needed* to ride today, to ride home in this poo poo, for reasons I can't explain.