Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't there a quote where Peggy tells him about a fake propane emergency and he scoffs at MacMaynerberry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
"Hank, that was the mayor of Macmaynerberry on the phone! There's a propane emergency!"
"Macmaynerberry!? When will they learn?"

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The black booster screaming "McMaynerberry!!!!" at Hank during the pancake lunch is amazing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

big mean giraffe posted:

Isn't there a quote where Peggy tells him about a fake propane emergency and he scoffs at MacMaynerberry?

My favorite fake propane emergency joke was in the George W Bush episode where Luann tricks Hank and he says how Strickland will have to pay a fine, after he reports it.

Murray the Hump
Nov 11, 2006

Veni Vedi Dormivi

hall n oates mom posted:

That expression is the most smug Hank ever looks in the entire series (I too, saw it yet again on teletoon yesterday and was waiting just for that moment)[I've seen that episode like 14 times]. :smugdog:

He also looked really smug in that episode where he battled for, and eventually won, his favorite church pew. That was a really funny episode, but it was kind of different in that Hank was in the wrong about the situation, but he got his way in the end and learned nothing.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

"Grand Theft Arlen" is on tomorrow night and I'm amped because it's such a ridiculously awesome episode. Now while this level of anticipation for a syndicated rerun may sound pathetic, remember - there is literally no other way in the world to see any episode past Season 6 at your own leisure. :ssj:

"Oh god, I just struck that man! Which button do I press to turn myself in?!"

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Crotch Bat posted:

The black booster screaming "McMaynerberry!!!!" at Hank during the pancake lunch is amazing.

Isn't that guy voiced by James Brown? I know JB, Terry, and Howie did the voices for a few of the Arlen boosters, but I don't remember which ones.

Murray the Hump
Nov 11, 2006

Veni Vedi Dormivi
^^^^^^^^

I love that episode because it reminds me of how much Hank is like my dad. Many years ago, when GTA: Vice City was a new game and my dad was visiting my humble student apartment, I decided to demonstrate a little of the game to him. I knew he wouldn't like the plot or the violence, but I thought he might be impressed with the realism and how much video games have advanced since his favorite game of Battle Zone on the Atari. So I showed him some driving around in Miami, and his first comment was: "You drove through that red light."

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Cant wait to see it, Ive never seen that episode.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

hall n oates mom posted:

"Grand Theft Arlen" is on tomorrow night and I'm amped because it's such a ridiculously awesome episode. Now while this level of anticipation for a syndicated rerun may sound pathetic, remember - there is literally no other way in the world to see any episode past Season 6 at your own leisure. :ssj:

the buff Hank in PROPAIN is so great. "I TELL YOU WHAT"

Crummers
Dec 30, 2008

hall n oates mom posted:

I love the way Hank says Pimp Cup

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

robot roll call posted:

the buff Hank in PROPAIN is so great. "I TELL YOU WHAT"
"Taste the HEAT, not the meat."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

how did I never notice that creepy picture of naked baby Bobby in the Hills' bedroom :psyduck:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm glad you can enjoy your work, tomorrow I'm the official Strickland "tickler". I think I might call in sick.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this? posted:

My favorite fake propane emergency joke was in the George W Bush episode where Luann tricks Hank and he says how Strickland will have to pay a fine, after he reports it.

I laughed so hard when I first heard that one. I've only seen seasons 1-6 and whatever I could watch on Hulu (end of season 13 and the last few eps of the series.) drat you Fox, release the rest of those DVDs!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I though you liked me!
Oh yea, you rock my world.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Dusty old bones, full of green dust!

White shirt white shirt, how'd you get your shirt so white?

I love this episode.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...

Tender Bender posted:

Dusty old bones, full of green dust!

mocking each other this way has become one of me and my roomates' favorite pastimes...

HerrMorden
Sep 5, 2004

Thought begets Heresy, Heresy begets Retribution.

muscles like this? posted:

Thatherton! :mad:
*Picks up a troll doll with a disgusted look*
Nudity!

scrooger
Feb 26, 2006
I can't remember the episodes, but my favorite Hank moment is either when he tries to set his alarm for something like 6:00 but ends up getting 6:01 so he sighs and starts going all the way around again. Either that or the time he goes into some new restaurant that opens up, sighs and goes "ahhh, rafters"

Hank is easily the best character on TV.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Thanks to this thread, I can't read anything in italics without hearing it in Dramatic Hank Voice in my head. This has even extended to the various titles of articles I've been reading for essays and whatnot.

This is not a bad thing at all, and I really recommend that everyone do it. Keep Hank alive inside your heart.

Zutaten fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 4, 2009

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah the episode that showed me just now nuts people in Texas are for Football in high school.

This isn't middle school, this is real life.

I once met Terry Bradshaw and told him how much I enjoy his performance in this episode.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Dec 4, 2009

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
In the episode with the kid that bullies hank, peggy and dale go on a stakeout for woodland creatures to kill and stuff. They're sitting in the dead bug truck, and dale is frustrated that they haven't seen any animals. He goes "Three deaf kids have crossed, but not a single deer!"

What the hell is he talking about?!?!?!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Good god Hank, you're wearin' BUTT BOOBIES.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mr Viper posted:

In the episode with the kid that bullies hank, peggy and dale go on a stakeout for woodland creatures to kill and stuff. They're sitting in the dead bug truck, and dale is frustrated that they haven't seen any animals. He goes "Three deaf kids have crossed, but not a single deer!"

Those are two common street warning signs. "Deaf Children Present/At Play" and "Deer Crossing".

He was making a comment that they had seen a lot of the earlier and none of the later, which is what they wanted.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Mr Viper posted:

I assumed they were looking for roadkill and it's a joke about those "Deaf Child Area" signs but maybe I'm as equally clueless.

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
That's exactly what my roommate said. Maybe we just don't have deaf kids in LA but I've literally never seen a sign like that before.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It's definitely more of a suburban/rural thing.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Oddly enough, I had a conversation about this very subject with my girlfriend earlier, because we were driving around and saw a sign that said just "DEAF PERSON". It was the only time i've seen a sign like that not for a child.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zutaten posted:

Thanks to this thread, I can't read anything in italics without hearing it in Dramatic Hank Voice in my head.

La Grunta.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Zutaten posted:

Thanks to this thread, I can't read anything in italics without hearing it in Dramatic Hank Voice in my head.

The Vander Graffs

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I always wonder what the scope of Heimlich County really is. Characters are always saying "this is the biggest ------- in Heimlich County!!" Its a good running joke.

"Pinch me, Mr. Ho."

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Why does it always take a hardware store to get you to open up, Hank?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The density of seeing these episodes all at once has let me spot a few more inconsistencies beyond where Peggy may or may not have grown up.

In "Enrique-cilable Differences", Enrique mentions about how the kids are all moved out now, which is one of the reasons why he was having problems with his wife. However, in Lady and Gentrification (which was only a year later) Enrique is shown having a teenage daughter.

In "24 Hour Propane People", Donna mentions how she hasn't seen her husband in days. However, in "Lost in Myspace", Donna is shown to be single and a partier (I suppose she could have gotten a divorce.)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Donna seems like the kind of person who'd have a bunch of short term marriages.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Rusty Shackelford posted:

The Vander Graffs

Christmas with the Nievcoes

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

We literally did those 2 pages ago :roflolmao:

Staying power.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

hall n oates mom posted:

We literally did those 2 pages ago :roflolmao:

Staying power.

I don't care, I love it.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

bull3964 posted:

In "24 Hour Propane People", Donna mentions how she hasn't seen her husband in days. However, in "Lost in Myspace", Donna is shown to be single and a partier (I suppose she could have gotten a divorce.)

Donna also used to be Buck's mistress at one point. And based on what we know from the episode you're talking about, she's slept with pretty much everyone at Strickland Propane except Hank. So.... yeah, she probably knows her way around the whole divorce thing pretty good.

bull3964 posted:

In "Enrique-cilable Differences", Enrique mentions about how the kids are all moved out now, which is one of the reasons why he was having problems with his wife. However, in Lady and Gentrification (which was only a year later) Enrique is shown having a teenage daughter.

I don't remember that second episode hardly at all, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't "teenage daughter" be taken to mean that she's 18 or 19?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Dec 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

CaptainHollywood posted:

I don't care, I love it.

Agreed. My favorite Hank delivery of all time is Christmas with the Nievcoes, and say it every year on Christmas morning.

Well, no I don't, but I still love the delivery.