Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I remember the first time I ever bought condoms. I was so uncomfortable with the idea of the cashier I didn't know ringing me up, I actually milled around the store pretending to be shopping until one of my friends who worked there didn't have a line at her register anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grilldos posted:

All his hypotheticals do this. All sad cats are Roast Beef.

I love the little cats, roast beefs :shobon:

Haschel Cedricson posted:

I remember the first time I ever bought condoms. I was so uncomfortable with the idea of the cashier I didn't know ringing me up, I actually milled around the store pretending to be shopping until one of my friends who worked there didn't have a line at her register anymore.

I hope you didn't say,"See you later!" after you bought them.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Grilldos posted:

All his hypotheticals do this. All sad cats are Roast Beef.

All sad cats are grey.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
Finally went to go preorder the Achewood Cookbook II, and it's out of stock. :(

PepeSilvia
Mar 17, 2009

That's pretty ridiculous, considering it hasn't even been printed yet. I ordered it with a bunch of other stuff to get the anniversary glass in mid-October, and apparently I'm not going to be getting this stuff til January

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
As far as buying things that may be embarrassing, a friend of mine has the absolute right idea.

If he's buying condoms, that just means he's getting laid in a world where a lot of people aren't.
If he's buying tampons for his lady, it just means there isn't a kid on the way.

Really, it's all in the way you look at things.

robot roll call posted:

All sad cats are grey.

Man, now every time my grey cat meows all pitifully, I'm going to see him as Roast Beef. My cat is the guy who sucks, and also has depression. :(

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

pseudosavior posted:

If he's buying tampons for his lady, it just means there isn't a kid on the way.

If a dude is buying tampons it also means that he has a serious girlfriend who loves him and trusts him and he's enough of a dude to not be weirded out by a routine hygiene product.

Uncle Caveman
Jun 16, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

robot roll call posted:

All sad cats are grey.
Isn't Ray orange? I've never known an orange male cat to be anything but totally relaxed and cool with whatever situation he was in.

My grey cat, however, is just a ball of tightly-wound stress. :(

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow

pseudosavior posted:

Man, now every time my grey cat meows all pitifully, I'm going to see him as Roast Beef. My cat is the guy who sucks, and also has depression. :(

My old boss had a gray cat named Sorrow.

Sad gray cats are a thing.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Uncle Caveman posted:

Isn't Ray orange? I've never known an orange male cat to be anything but totally relaxed and cool with whatever situation he was in.

My grey cat, however, is just a ball of tightly-wound stress. :(

I think Ray is brown. I had a grey cat who was very happy (until she died of a tumour, of course) so grey cats don't HAVE to be sad.

Aren't all these embarrassment issues the exact reason why condoms should be sold from vending machines? That is something the Japanese have got right.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Dove from Above posted:

Aren't all these embarrassment issues the exact reason why condoms should be sold from vending machines? That is something the Japanese have got right.

You guys don't have condom vending machines in mens rooms?

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.
Who buys condoms one at a time? Even when I was an awkward, embarrassed teenager, I knew that wasn't the best way to go about it.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

We do in gross truck stops

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

McGravin posted:

Who buys condoms one at a time? Even when I was an awkward, embarrassed teenager, I knew that wasn't the best way to go about it.

Well, maybe some of us don't have such a high rate of fire like you may have, McGravin. This friend that I have would be afraid to buy his jimmy hats in bulk because those things expire after like 5 years. Keep in mind this is a friend that I have and not me. And besides, I never wear them because I raw dog it. Am I right fellas?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
New Strip!

Man, I never get to do that. I absolutely love this comic, even if it makes me a little sad for my life.

blindhaberdasher
Aug 8, 2005

your sins will be read to you ceaselessly, in shifts, throughout eternity
gently caress. after reading this strip, i feel like i need to seriously reevaluate my life.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Why is Post on SA Forums not a part of the infinite loop, Mr Onstad Funnyman? :colbert:

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Two uses of the word "obfuscate" in one week in the same webcomic. History has been made (that or Onstad has started playing Vampire).

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.
I wouldn't really attribute it to a video game, since obfuscate is often used in programming, and is a pretty succinct and nuanced way to say "to hide" or "make difficult to discern." Sorta like how the Eskimos have a quadrillion words for snow. Sure it's snow, but what kind of snow?

Besides, aren't the Vampire games kinda old now?

BigSkillet
Nov 27, 2003
I said teaberry, not sandalwood!

Happy Hippo posted:

Why is Post on SA Forums not a part of the infinite loop, Mr Onstad Funnyman?

Well, it is just Teodor's flowchart. Don't you picture Roast Beef to be more of the SA type? All hitting 'preview reply' ten consecutive times without changing anything in the message before deciding that it would probably just get him banned for not being funny anyways...

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Also Post on SA Forums isn't a loop, it's more like a deep deep well.

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I meant a machine that would dispense a box of condoms, not just singles. If I've just invented it in my mind that they have that kind in Japan, I apologise.
Also, I'm not allowed in the men's room!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The bit about friend's girlfriends swimsuits is goddamn creepy.

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

The bit about friend's girlfriends swimsuits is goddamn creepy.

Everyone has done it. Don't try to cover your rear end with this.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grilldos posted:

Everyone has done it. Don't try to cover your rear end with this.

I don't think everyone has. It's just one of those things that happens sometimes. That's not to say it isn't creepy.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Uncle Caveman posted:

Orange fur is to cats what slanty eyes are to Downs kids.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Orange fur is to cats what slanty eyes are to Downs kids.

Thanks, now I have to explain why I'm laughing to all the people around me.

oh uckfay
Apr 29, 2007
"Read Message boards devoted to Glenn Beck", sounds enough like GBS. So there's your SA shout-out, just have to dig a little.

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

We say there's no parting for us, if our hearts are conveyed to each other.
#TreacherCollinsSyndrome is a dead give away, and brings back haunting memories.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

http://twitter.com/achewood posted:

What would an Achewood iPhone app do? I'm open to suggestions.

This was posted on Achewood's Twitter page. Any thoughts?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

A picture of a mountain and a picture of a motorcycle you can drag.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
It has to be either a fighting game based on that tournament, or a "Saddest Thing" generator.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I don't know what kind of app it would be, but I hope Mr. Teal would guide users through its operation...until the dreaded The Boffin scams them! But Shrovis-Bishopthorpe may have exclusive rights to his likeness.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
It tells you when you need eggs and milk.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

It does all of those things.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I would like to see an Achewood ringtone that says, "GOD DAMMIT WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ABOUT MY PROBLEMS"

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
All I would really want is the ability to see the new cartoons including the alt-text. I aim low.

Blutnerd
Jul 22, 2007

Monoton und Minimal
I'm gonna be Captain Boring here and suggest that it collects the comic, blogs and premium updates (for the relevant subscribers) in one push notification enabled app.

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

choobs posted:

All I would really want is the ability to see the new cartoons including the alt-text. I aim low.

Maybe it could beep or something when there was a new strip.

That's my only real beef with Achewood: I don't mind the nonstandard posting schedule, but before this thread it was always such a crapshoot. Usually I would end up checking it 3-4 times before a new one would be posted, but occasionally I would end up a couple behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

vonnegutt posted:

Maybe it could beep or something when there was a new strip.

That's my only real beef with Achewood: I don't mind the nonstandard posting schedule, but before this thread it was always such a crapshoot. Usually I would end up checking it 3-4 times before a new one would be posted, but occasionally I would end up a couple behind.

You should look into RSS.