Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Adventure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. DNA
Aug 9, 2004

Megatronics?
I installed a set of handlebar risers and I used my new ADV Designs F800GS toolkit to do it. It's nice to finally have the proper tool for every fastener on my bike.

I also pulled the battery because there's 2" of snow on the ground and it's not going to be gone until May. Stupid northern Ontario winter.

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.
I gained access to the Voodoo that is my transmission. Really wish I could find the charger for my camera, but the iPhone will do.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Drove the bike into my basement today :smith:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
this is the saddest thread now

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Bled my brakes and greased my axles, preparation for the ride-able Florida winter ahead :smug:

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

AncientTV posted:

Bled my brakes and greased my axles, preparation for the ride-able Florida winter ahead :smug:

Looks at your post. Looks at the Blizzard warning for tomorrow.

I hate you! :argh:

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
To be fair, it's more like a bearable winter on straight, flat roads populated by the worst drivers in the country...

and it'll be my first riding season :doh:

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

dietcokefiend posted:

Drove the bike into my basement today :smith:

What is that rear cage thing?

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

What is that rear cage thing?

I believe dietcokefiend is the one who built his rack to carry his push-bike on.

edit: yep

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Dec 8, 2009

sectoidman
Aug 21, 2006
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
Rode it in 14 °F weather, since I had finals I needed to get to and the jet stream is being a dick and letting Arctic air blow in from Canada. I worry about what running it in this cold weather is doing to the rate of engine wear, since even with a quarter of the radiator blocked by cardboard, it still takes forever for the temperature gauge to (barely) make it off the 'cold' needle.

One of these days I need to get heated handgrips and an underarmor balaclava.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Chairon posted:

I gained access to the Voodoo that is my transmission. Really wish I could find the charger for my camera, but the iPhone will do.

too many gears!

:smug:

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
I found race tires for $100 a set, and ordered 4 sets.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Chairon posted:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

too many gears!

:smug:

This is how I saw your posts.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Zool posted:

I found race tires for $100 a set, and ordered 4 sets.

Oh god, time to build a tire rack in the garage.

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.
Bought some luggage for my upcoming adventure in 4 days!

One Rjays expandable super magnet tank bag for clothes and crap.
One Motodry tail bag to carry my First Aid kit and bits and bobs.

Also one 2L Hydrapak for me so I can drink on the go.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Spiffness posted:

Oh god, time to build a tire rack in the living room.

:colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Finally got the SV towed to the bike shop for a damage estimate to send to USAA. :(

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Endless Mike posted:

Finally got the SV towed to the bike shop for a damage estimate to send to USAA. :(

I havn't had to use my USAA->Progressive insurance. Is the service as good as USAAs car insurance?

edit: Never mind then, USAA basically resells progressive insurance on bikes, where as they directly insure cars.

blugu64 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 11, 2009

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

blugu64 posted:

I havn't had to use my USAA->Progressive insurance. Is the service as good as USAAs car insurance?
Well, it's the other person's USAA insurance and they've been very helpful so far.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
Found out that my project ex500 hasn't been starting because an incompetent employee at Advance gave me the wrong spark plugs. They're too short, too cold, and don't seat properly.

double check what ya buy kids :v:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
drat, you've just had the worst luck with that bike. It's all gotta get sorted eventually though...right? :v:

Last night I finished installing the plastics on the ZX6R...only to realize that I needed to install the loving rear turn signal plastics before I installed the rear plastics. :sigh:

It's still basically done though. Just need to sort out a couple of niggling issues.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Lookin mean!

Hazlen
May 5, 2007
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Got my 09 250r out and rid able for the first time since my crash, replaced the handle bar and shift lever then stuck the old clutch lever on for now until the new one comes in but I finally got to ride with my brother for the first time. Also put the headlights in the new upper cowling. I've posted pictures in the Ninja 250r thread.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Z3n posted:

ZX6R
My '02 just looks stupid in comparison.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Ola posted:

Lookin mean!

Thanks! I still kinda can't believe that I've taken a bike from boxes to a real motorcycle, it's funny to go down to the garage and see a 3rd bike where before there was only a pile of parts.

Zool posted:

My '02 just looks stupid in comparison.

You're goddamn right it does. :haw:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Checked and adjusted the valves on the kikker(exhaust valve had a lot of play for some reason :crossarms:), rewired the tail light as the old ones got cut, and adjusted the carb a little. I think tomorrow I'll try to get the Duc running right again.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

Thanks! I still kinda can't believe that I've taken a bike from boxes to a real motorcycle, it's funny to go down to the garage and see a 3rd bike where before there was only a pile of parts.

I might be remembering poorly but it came as a working bike or a rolling chassis right? Have you ever run its engine?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ola posted:

I might be remembering poorly but it came as a working bike or a rolling chassis right? Have you ever run its engine?

When I got it it had nothing on the frame except the swingarm, wheels, forks and triples. No brakes, no electricals, no engine parts. The engine was in 3 separate boxes.

I actually got it running a couple of weeks ago, rode it around the cul-de-sac a little, and then pulled it in to finish installing everything else. It still needs a little tuning, some odds and ends, some new gas, and a good once over, but it's almost ready to go.

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.
Got it stripped to almost the bare frame, just a couple more bits to go but I wanted to clean up the garage before it got dark. The forecast says it'll be clear next weekend, so I should be able to paint it then.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Took the ZX6R out for a test ride. It's still not quite legal and I'm actually kinda surprised the fairings stayed on, but I forgot how much fun a small displacement 4 cylinder can be.

I'm sure the enjoyment of reving it out will pass once I ride it for a little while longer, but just going around the block and hopping on the freeway? Fantastic fun. It also may be down a tooth in the front.

Going from a 450 pound bike to a 600 pound one hurts a little bit too. :(

Oh well, good thing they're both in my garage. :haw:

Now, since apparently I always end up with the bikes I swear I'll never own, I do say that I don't think I'll ever buy a ZX10.

(Come on, craigslist, pitch me a wrecked ZX10.)

Z3n fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Dec 14, 2009

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004

Z3n posted:

Took the ZX6R out for a test ride. It's still not quite legal and I'm actually kinda surprised the fairings stayed on, but I forgot how much fun a small displacement 4 cylinder can be.

I'm sure the enjoyment of reving it out will pass once I ride it for a little while longer, but just going around the block and hopping on the freeway? Fantastic fun. It also may be down a tooth in the front.

Going from a 450 pound bike to a 600 pound one hurts a little bit too. :(

Oh well, good thing they're both in my garage. :haw:

Now, since apparently I always end up with the bikes I swear I'll never own, I do say that I don't think I'll ever buy a ZX10.

(Come on, craigslist, pitch me a wrecked ZX10.)

I think I jsut found my bike... fast AND local :v:

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1491391358.html

edit:

* 0-60mph = 2.90
* 0-100mph = 5.50
* 0-130mph = 8.00
* 0-150mph = 11.00
* 0-170mph = 15.50
* 0-180mph = 17.2
* 0-Death = 19.42

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

dietcokefiend posted:

I think I jsut found my bike... fast AND local :v:

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1491391358.html

edit:

* 0-60mph = 2.90
* 0-100mph = 5.50
* 0-130mph = 8.00
* 0-150mph = 11.00
* 0-170mph = 15.50
* 0-180mph = 17.2
* 0-Death = 19.42

"rare fairings" == I crashed and replaced them with 400$ Chinese knockoffs.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Tonight I discovered/Remembered that the KTM has an adjustable fuel mapping switch, so after pulling off the seat I discovered it was on mode 0, which means 'poor fuel'. I changed it to mode 2, which is labeled in the KTM manual as 'advanced' and referred to on forums as 'race'. Interested in seeing what the Katoom is like when it doesn't think it's burning fuel from kazakhstan.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004

Z3n posted:

"rare fairings" == I crashed and replaced them with 400$ Chinese knockoffs.

Well at least the 954rr guy emailed me back. Negotiable on price and free delivery. :unsmith:

bung
Dec 14, 2004

I finally got to ride my bike after recovering from my vasectomy. I discovered that the front brakes are still hosed up making all kinds of noise. It's been in the shop 3 times for a total of 7.5 weeks for this problem. Time to start the lemon law process. :smith:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

bung posted:

I finally got to ride my bike after recovering from my vasectomy. I discovered that the front brakes are still hosed up making all kinds of noise. It's been in the shop 3 times for a total of 7.5 weeks for this problem. Time to start the lemon law process. :smith:

Hyperslowtard?

Aint that a bitch

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

bung posted:

What the hell, that sucks.

Oh well, what are you getting as a replacement? :pevert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilDonald
Aug 30, 2002

I'm the urban spaceman, baby.
Well, today I made a complete cock-up of replacing my front tire. Disassembly wasn't too bad, everything came apart nicely, although I found that my new centerstand, while it does work, it's a hell of a job to horse the bike up onto it. Oh, well. I got the front tire off and dismounted, old innertube pulled out without damaging it, and the new one stuffed in there. When I was mounting he new tire though, I poked a hole in the tube with the tire iron. gently caress. So all apart it comes again, after finding no leaks in the old tube I put it back in and reassembled everything. I go to blow it up, and "sssssssssssssssssssss". Oh, mother fucker!

I'll be damned if I'm pulling it all back apart again, so tomorrow it goes to the shop to be fixed. I'm done with it.

Bastard. I've done tires before, I dont know why I had so much trouble this time.