Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isbiten
Oct 23, 2005
Volvo 740 GL'88

Click here for the full 800x536 image.

Bonus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
After 4 months of waiting (They couldn't make enough black ones to fill demand), I finally got my Suzuki Swift Sport on Friday. I spent the whole weekend doing multiple laps of Sussex to get it run in, and have spent the last couple of evenings giving it the beans.

It's a fantastic car. I had the 1.5 GLX Swift before this, and I really enjoyed that, but this is a whole new thing. The handling is ridiculous, even when it's pissing it down.

If they sell these in your country, and you want a nutbar go-kart with climate control, I'd strongly recommend one.

Go lens flare!

stump
Jan 19, 2006

frankenbeans posted:

After 4 months of waiting (They couldn't make enough black ones to fill demand), I finally got my Suzuki Swift Sport on Friday. I spent the whole weekend doing multiple laps of Sussex to get it run in, and have spent the last couple of evenings giving it the beans.

It's a fantastic car. I had the 1.5 GLX Swift before this, and I really enjoyed that, but this is a whole new thing. The handling is ridiculous, even when it's pissing it down.

If they sell these in your country, and you want a nutbar go-kart with climate control, I'd strongly recommend one.

Go lens flare!
I want a car whose numberplate says K(I)LL! A friend has a 4 door diesel one, if my drunken memory serves me right it was nice inside and was quite roomy in the back.

CrackHoor
Aug 5, 2005
Trophy Wives Mounted

xxn1927 posted:

I'll add my appreciation of these, especially this nervous getaway driver pic.

Here's a few shots of my '98 240SX, I got it in 2001 and it's never given me any problem, even though I've slacked lately in my car-care habits. The washes & waxes are getting fewer and farther between.

And a pic of my brother's Forester - we competed in some Novice TSD Rally events this summer here in BC.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.

CrackHoor posted:

Beautiful car, man. I love S14's.

Razor Ramon
Nov 9, 2009
oh man do i envy everyone in this thread.... me and my eagle talon... :emo:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Razor Ramon posted:

oh man do i envy everyone in this thread.... me and my eagle talon... :emo:
Post it in the beaters thread, feel less suicidal. Works for me. I want to see your talon :quagmire:

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

stump posted:

I want a car whose numberplate says K(I)LL! A friend has a 4 door diesel one, if my drunken memory serves me right it was nice inside and was quite roomy in the back.

I chose that plate from the shortlist for exactly that reason.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

CrackHoor posted:

I'll add my appreciation of these, especially this nervous getaway driver pic.

Here's a few shots of my '98 240SX, I got it in 2001 and it's never given me any problem, even though I've slacked lately in my car-care habits. The washes & waxes are getting fewer and farther between.

And a pic of my brother's Forester - we competed in some Novice TSD Rally events this summer here in BC.

I remember you from GTPLanet!

BabyJesus
Nov 13, 2002
Wow, an unmolested S14. How many more of those exist in the wild? I'd venture to say not that many.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

BabyJesus posted:

Wow, an unmolested S14. How many more of those exist in the wild? I'd venture to say not that many.

My envy is immeasurable. That there is one drat fine automobile.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Don't know if a $49 Megan Racing twin potato cannon muffler makes it unmolested, but the paint is quite nice.

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006
Here is my car when I picked it up. 2005 Miata in "Black Cherry Mica" otherwise known as purple

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

And here it is as it sits today with another 50,000 miles, Racing Beat springs and anti-roll bars, Hard Dog roll bar, and 6ul wheels with Re-11.

I guess this is also mine but I took all to good bits out.

The good bits are a Lt1.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

And a t56.

Those are going in to my sisters Nova who just happens to be moving to Oklahoma and leaving the car here for me to put it together. I don't know how soon after I finish the car how fast it will make it out to her. It should be a nice little cruzer down here.

Aws
Dec 5, 2005

rowebot44 posted:

And here it is as it sits today with another 50,000 miles, Racing Beat springs and anti-roll bars, Hard Dog roll bar, and 6ul wheels with Re-11.

That's a really beautiful color out in the sun. Are those really all stone chips on your hood, though?

CrackHoor
Aug 5, 2005
Trophy Wives Mounted

Idiot race posted:

I remember you from GTPLanet!

Nope, that was somebody else. :ninja:

And for the record, I wish that was a $49 muffler. I put that on when I had more disposable income, it's an APEXi N1 dual. Here's a side-by-side with the stock exhaust:

Click here for the full 1024x404 image.

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006

Gookistamano posted:

That's a really beautiful color out in the sun. Are those really all stone chips on your hood, though?

No I have not washed the car in awhile and it just rained so most of the dirt is gone but some of the pollen spots or what ever it is are still there.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

rowebot44 posted:

Here is my car when I picked it up. 2005 Miata in "Black Cherry Mica" otherwise known as purple

I guess this is also mine but I took all to good bits out.

The good bits are a Lt1.

And a t56.

Those are going in to my sisters Nova who just happens to be moving to Oklahoma and leaving the car here for me to put it together. I don't know how soon after I finish the car how fast it will make it out to her. It should be a nice little cruzer down here.

Why'd you go with an LT1 instead of an LS-based engine of some kind? Feel free to take it to the chevy engines thread, but I thought nobody wanted to have anything to do with the LT1. Is it because of the cheaper T56s?

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

CrackHoor posted:

Nope, that was somebody else. :ninja:

And for the record, I wish that was a $49 muffler. I put that on when I had more disposable income, it's an APEXi N1 dual. Here's a side-by-side with the stock exhaust:

Click here for the full 1024x404 image.

Glory Chinese sound with Japanese price!

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

frankenbeans posted:

Nice. We don't get the three door here, and ours don't have climate control :(

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007
Atk:13 Add: Don't Act

Here is my 07 wrx tr in winter mode. Currently running Cobb stage 1 map.

my recently sold s14 is in the background.

SpellEdge fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 10, 2009

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006

Raluek posted:

Why'd you go with an LT1 instead of an LS-based engine of some kind? Feel free to take it to the chevy engines thread, but I thought nobody wanted to have anything to do with the LT1. Is it because of the cheaper T56s?

We picked up the whole car for $450 and we are looking for drivability more than anything else. The camaro only has 156,000 on it and the tare down was to make sure there was nothing terribly wrong with the motor. The nova only has a straight 6 in it. the 6 will be staying around if my sis changes her mind.

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales

whewww

there's something about cars with surfboards on them..

and yes i know, needs a wash etc.. but the countryside just doesn't like clean cars.

e - size, welp!

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/f4c969bfb1661da656b36f4e83ae49d8ef72f1a5/t/IMG_0086[1][/img]

http://img.waffleimages.com/f4c969bfb1661da656b36f4e83ae49d8ef72f1a5/IMG_0086%5B1%5D

Cobalt! :haw:

Edit: Yup shattered tables again. Man I suck.

gleep gloop fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 13, 2009

PANIC ON FUNKOTRON
Jan 7, 2006

EARL IS A FAT CUNT
Parp!

Bit high at the front due to a missing engine

Thehit
Apr 9, 2009
Had an Evo meet recently. Mine is the blurple one.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

PANIC ON FUNKOTRON posted:

Parp!

Ah, the Essex Cruiser.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

You Am I posted:

Ah, the Essex Cruiser.

This is pretty true to life, I rarely see the older RS turbo cars anywhere outside essex. The closer to dagenham you get the more fords you see, but then the closer to luton you get the more Vauxhalls you see, although at least the Vauxhall plant still makes cars. Unlike in dagenham where they pretty much just make fords diesel powerplants now i'm pretty sure.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Idiot race posted:

This is pretty true to life, I rarely see the older RS turbo cars anywhere outside essex. The closer to dagenham you get the more fords you see, but then the closer to luton you get the more Vauxhalls you see, although at least the Vauxhall plant still makes cars. Unlike in dagenham where they pretty much just make fords diesel powerplants now i'm pretty sure.
Isn't the Tranny Van still being made in the UK, or is it being built in Genk with the rest of the Fords?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

CrackHoor posted:

I'm so jealous. The PO of my S14 decided to hit a few things before selling it to me.

Click here for the full 461x615 image.

Click here for the full 615x461 image.

Only modifications are: Z32 front brakes, larger Z32 BMC, stainless brake lines all around, and new 5 lug hubs/bearings on all corners.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 14, 2009

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

You Am I posted:

Isn't the Tranny Van still being made in the UK, or is it being built in Genk with the rest of the Fords?

I think so, but tbh ford builds cars all over europe, germany, turkey, spain and probably other places.

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car
Looks like AI is full of S14's these days.

Gryphon
Apr 21, 2005
I'm a big lurker in this forum but since everyone has been posting up their 240's I just wanna throw mine in the mix and break up all these s14s!

Click here for the full 1280x876 image.

Click here for the full 1280x857 image.

I know a lot of people here don't really care for this kind of thing but I love it. :shobon:

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car

Nice stance, what's the specs on those MB's? Any spacers?

Gryphon
Apr 21, 2005

HachiGo posted:

Nice stance, what's the specs on those MB's? Any spacers?

staggered 17/18x9.5 +15 no spacers

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

PANIC ON FUNKOTRON posted:

<cool ford>

Man, why does Europe get the coolest Fords?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Gryphon posted:

I know a lot of people here don't really care for this kind of thing but I love it. :shobon:

I like it, minus the hood spacers. I won't lecture you though. haha.

As for my cars, I sold the white Mazdaspeed 3 I had in June and replaced it with two cars. First is a 1999 Civic EX.

Fantastic beater/DD. The body isn't in the best shape with dings all over it, but there's hardly any rust underneath at all (came from Chicago :iiam: ). It's a 5 speed and is dreadfully slow, but it gets great gas mileage. I put a Progress rear sway bar on it because the body roll was so terrible I couldn't take it. Basically just using it for the winter and to have a reliable car to get to work.

The second car you can see in the background, which is a black 1994 Miata R package.

When I picked it up. Rips in the top I could stick my hand through, leaves and white dog hair throughout the interior, a noisy pilot bearing, and an oil leak. Really dirty and uncared for.

Now. ::v: I fixed all the previously mentioned problems, but that's not enough. I've parked it over winter and am preparing it for some track days in the spring. I still want to drive it on the street though for nice days. Currently the only mods are Koni yellows, RB front sway, Hard Dog Hardcore Roll bar, and a K&N air filter. (The guy before me raced it in E stock, I added the roll bar) Bought some Corbeau Forza seats for it recently to get below the bar. I'm planning on adding good brake pads and fluid, fuel filter, doing the timing belt & water pump, radiator and hoses, FM frame rails, possibly some Kosei K1's and Azenis tires, and FCM coilovers with the stock Bilstein dampers to have it for my liking in the spring. I may get some Energy Suspension bushings while I'm at it, if I don't already have enough to do. :) I could make a project thread about it, but I feel like there's enough Miata stuff that it might be gayness overload for AI. (if that's possible.)

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Roommate and my car beside each other... He has the GTI mine is the GLI, both purchased the same day. Both are APR Stage 1.

For anybody wondering... He bought a manual and I went with the DSG transmission. Mine weighs about 100lbs more but is faster, simply because he can't shift as smoothly as the wonder that is the DSG.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY posted:

Roommate and my car beside each other... He has the GTI mine is the GLI, both purchased the same day. Both are APR Stage 1.

For anybody wondering... He bought a manual and I went with the DSG transmission. Mine weighs about 100lbs more but is faster, simply because he can't shift as smoothly as the wonder that is the DSG.

Those DSG gearboxes are the poo poo. My mate has a Seat Leon FR, and he let me have a go. It really needs to be experienced to be understood.

I want them to become more popular to increase the chances of my next car having one.

bimmian
Oct 16, 2008
Slow day at work, decided to put the winter tires on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
Audi in its natural habitat

This thing blows through the snow like nobody's business. Also AWD donuts are so much fun.