Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Two years ago I hid Josephs gift so well I still haven't found it! Cutest puppy I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Here's some weird news, Adult Swim just did their numbers for viewership for last Saturday and both episodes of King of the Hill were the top rated shows for the night.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

muscles like this? posted:

Here's some weird news, Adult Swim just did their numbers for viewership for last Saturday and both episodes of King of the Hill were the top rated shows for the night.

Awesome, suck it Family Guy reruns. I'm glad King of the Hill is finally getting some credit somewhere. I think Adult Swim is what will vindicate the show to history.

XBurritoXLogicX
Jun 26, 2005

by T. Finninho

change my name posted:

Two years ago I hid Josephs gift so well I still haven't found it! Cutest puppy I've ever seen.

....Or should I say dog.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
This haunts my very soul. Its so disturbingly drawn and just feels so off.

Faxman
Feb 27, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

This haunts my very soul. Its so disturbingly drawn and just feels so off.

Wow, the headlight lighting really does make that look pretty creepy.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

robot roll call posted:

Awesome, suck it Family Guy reruns. I'm glad King of the Hill is finally getting some credit somewhere. I think Adult Swim is what will vindicate the show to history.

Agreed, especially since the idea of having every episode of KOTH on DVD is pretty much a pipe dream.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

robot roll call posted:

Awesome, suck it Family Guy reruns.

Family Guy isn't on Saturday nights though and those were the ratings only for the Sat.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Bobby, I've got propane in my urethra.

MrBigglesworth
Mar 26, 2005

Lover of Fuzzy Meatloaf
Any word on the supposed 4 never aired episodes?

Only seen this on Wiki

"Fox later announced that they will not air the episodes in primetime opting instead for syndication with the possibility that the episodes may air first on Adult Swim.[24]"

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
Anyone got a heads up on an episode with a good, clear "Bwaaaaaahhh!!!" from Hank, with no music or talking behind it? I want to make it into an alert-style sound file. If you can name an episode, I can probably track it down...

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Viper posted:

Anyone got a heads up on an episode with a good, clear "Bwaaaaaahhh!!!" from Hank, with no music or talking behind it? I want to make it into an alert-style sound file. If you can name an episode, I can probably track it down...

If you get this pleeeeeeease post it. It'd be pretty much the best text message alert ever.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mr Viper posted:

Maybe the episode where Hank becomes a pimp I think there's one at the big plot twist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Heads up, tomorrow night's Adult Swim episodes include the one where Cotton dies. I know a couple of people have said they haven't seen that one.

nnnAdam
Jul 8, 2007

Strength in Numbers
"Oh give yourself a break Bill, you do more than cut hair. You also straighten out magazines and empty ashtrays"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The episode were Bobby lives in the dog house is just so sad. Hank really doesn't care at all about his son, just about Ladybird.

It's odd, because most other episodes like that, at the end Hank shows he really does care about Bobby, but that one is all 'gently caress you kid, my dog!'.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

muscles like this? posted:

Actually that's not wierd at all. King of the Hill has been getting pretty decent ratings on Adult Swim since Day One, and it tends to be one of the better performers on Saturdays. However it's important to remember that Saturday is always AS's lowest-rated night of the week (you'll notice that KotH's numbers were just over 300,000 for both of those spots). Even Robot Chicken reruns don't get big ratings on Saturdays.

King of the Hill's only real competition on Saturday nights are Boondocks reruns, Bleach, and the rest of the anime block. The main reason it did so well last Saturday was because Adult Swim showed the second Bleach movie that same night (which came in third behind KotH), followed by repeats of the first and second Bleach movies back-to-back. Now, I like Bleach and all, but that's not exactly a tough contest as far as ratings go.

I think the last time Adult Swim saw huge Saturday ratings was when they still had Futurama. I remember their ratings would go up over 800,000 whenever they did those Saturday Futurama marathons. As far as I know, their anime block hasn't gotten big numbers since Fullmetal Alchemist ended. Bleach has actually proven itself to be one of AS's best-performing anime shows in a good while (whenever it's not sucking), which is the main reason they feel confident enough to show the movies.

robot roll call posted:

Awesome, suck it Family Guy reruns.

AS doesn't show Family Guy on Saturdays. They used to show American Dad reruns that night, but they stopped doing that a long time ago.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Dec 15, 2009

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

Actually, its probably on the way up for Adult Swim. They're getting into Season 11 now and I'm not sure if FOX has given them the rights to 12 or 13 so it could either be real soon or within 2 months or so. I know they aired that episode on AS because I watched it on their site awhile back.

I was just reading about an episode they aired last night (Bobby Rae) and it's the second episode of Season 12, so I'm thinking Cartoon Network has the rights to every episode now.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

They've already shown Season 13 episodes before. I can recall seeing "Dia-BILL-ic Shock", "Square-Footed Monster", "Lost in MySpace", "No Bobby Left Behind", "Straight as an Arrow", and "Manger Baby Einstein" on AS before. They've probably all been aired at one point or another, those are just the ones I recall in recent memory.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 15, 2009

Dalai Lamacide
Jan 10, 2007

She wears underwear with dick-holes in 'em
They oughta change the name of this thread to Zing of the Hill: In Memory of Rancho Unicorno. :smug:

Parachute
May 18, 2003

bull3964 posted:

They've already shown Season 13 episodes before. I can recall seeing "Dia-BILL-ic Shock", "Square-Footed Monster", "Lost in MySpace", "No Bobby Left Behind", "Straight as an Arrow", and "Manger Baby Einstein" on AS before. They've probably all been aired at one point or another, those are just the ones I recall in recent memory.

That's right, I remember AS airing "Dia-Bill-ic Shock" recently.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Parachute posted:

I was just reading about an episode they aired last night (Bobby Rae) and it's the second episode of Season 12, so I'm thinking Cartoon Network has the rights to every episode now.

Not quite. In my sad devotion to the show I actually printed out the current schedule on the Adult Swim website which lists every weeknight episode of KotH they will be showing until February 1st and cross-referenced it with a production number guide I found online to figure out when episodes I haven't seen in a while will be on. While Adult Swim has episodes from what was designated as the final season, they only have season 13 episodes that were part of the previous production run - Everything up to "Straight as an Arrow," which was the final episode produced in SD. Those episodes are scheduled to run through in production order on weeknights until January 4th, when the order will loop back to the pilot.

Nothing from the final 17 episode production run on Adult Swim anytime soon, unless the currently unlabeled Sunday night showings turn out to be syndication premieres.

Gloashfinntoapler
Nov 8, 2009

by Fistgrrl
Here's something I always wondered. In the episode where Bill becomes a professional eater, Hank makes small talk with the Laotian eater by saying his neighbor's Laotian and asks if he knew a guy named Kahn. He just gives him a smug look. Was it supposed to mean "Oh yeah, I know Kahn" or "Yeah, all Asians know eachother rear end in a top hat"?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Gloashfinntoapler posted:

Here's something I always wondered. In the episode where Bill becomes a professional eater, Hank makes small talk with the Laotian eater by saying his neighbor's Laotian and asks if he knew a guy named Kahn. He just gives him a smug look. Was it supposed to mean "Oh yeah, I know Kahn" or "Yeah, all Asians know eachother rear end in a top hat"?

I think it the second one...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The really :smug: environmental teacher episode is terrible until we get to Sally.

"Propane contributes to the backyard culture..plastic forks....meat.."

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Gloashfinntoapler posted:

Also it's kind of like "Oh you're from America? Do you know a guy named John?"

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dammit Hank that is NOT what a Texas football uniform looks like.

EDIT: Or a Nebraska football uniform for that matter.

How the gently caress did Mike Judge pay attention to getting the Texas LOGOS right, but not the uniforms? For gently caress sake the Longhorn-head logo is copyrighted, so somebody on the production staff clearly did some kind of research (and they even put a little dot on Hank's hat right next to the ear where the little C symbol goes what in the gently caress).

EDIT 2: Well okay there's one guy wearing an actual Texas jersey..... in the parking lot, but still.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Dec 16, 2009

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Is it wrong that I made friends with some Texans at Burning Man by using knowledge only gleaned from King of the Hill?

Mostly info about the Longhorns.

Go Horns, Go!

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Am I the only person that doesn't watch episodes with Cotton? He's a douche bag, I don't find his assholery funny or entertaining, he's just a cock sucker. He really ruins the show for me.

ninja edit: oh boy he just died :)

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Dec 16, 2009

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!
I don't mind Cotton being an rear end in a top hat, but can't say I find the character very funny either. Most of Cotton's punchlines are really predictable, if not outright catchphrases. But I do enjoy the other character's interactions with Cotton, especially Dale's.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Dammit Hank that is NOT what a Texas football uniform looks like.

Unless I'm confused about what you're referring to, they mention in the episode that Hank is just wearing the old jersey style.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Cotton's few later year appearances weren't the quality of the earlier years because he was an amazing character and had some really outstanding episodes.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Unless I'm confused about what you're referring to, they mention in the episode that Hank is just wearing the old jersey style.

True, but that wasn't until toward the end of the episode (long after I'd posted that comment). Also it looked like all the Texas players were wearing the same style jerseys as Hank during the game, which was wierd.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

I don't mind Cotton being an rear end in a top hat, but can't say I find the character very funny either. Most of Cotton's punchlines are really predictable, if not outright catchphrases. But I do enjoy the other character's interactions with Cotton, especially Dale's.

I don't find him particularly funny either, but I grew up in Texas, and yeah I knew guys like Cotton, just like I grew up with guys like Hank as my scoutmaster. And Peggy's deathbed speech to Cotton made me retroactively like Peggy, just for finally telling that old bastard off in a spectacular way.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Rotten rear end Joe posted:

Am I the only person that doesn't watch episodes with Cotton? He's a douche bag, I don't find his assholery funny or entertaining, he's just a cock sucker. He really ruins the show for me.

"Sorry I'm late. I had to stop by the wax museum again to give the finger to FDR".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Cotton can be rather annoying but he had some amazing moments. Did you ever see this exchange?

Dale: He's Japanese.
Cotton: No he ain't. (Looks Kahn up and down) He's Laotian...ain't ya Mr. Kahn?

Dalai Lamacide
Jan 10, 2007

She wears underwear with dick-holes in 'em

This is remembered, so it may not be exactly right:

Cotton: I brought my bayonet.
Hank: Wow, dad. I know you were saving that for when they unfroze Hitler.
Cotton: If it was good enough to kill fiddy men, it's good enough to slice some drywall.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Top 3 Peggy moment, there.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Syrant posted:

Top 3 Peggy moment, there.

Are the top two Peggy taking on Henry Winkler and he gathering up all the idiots to take revenge on the guy who scammed them?

Mr Viper
Jun 21, 2005

Derezzed...
best Peggy moment? That episode with bobby's surprise birthday party... I don't remember anything other than the last line of the episode:

:dance: Go peggy, pull your leg-gy! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Parachute posted:

"Sorry I'm late. I had to stop by the wax museum again to give the finger to FDR".

Only Cotton could hate FDR.

I had to hang up on my Mom...and she's such a nice lady :smith:

One of you is lieing!.....It's him.