Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The best spinebuster belongs to Luke Gallows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

We need believable yet not going to happen. Jeff Hardy.

I was thinking of starting a Ric Flair rumor but that's brilliant!

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

We need believable yet not going to happen. Jeff Hardy.

Rob Van Dam.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Happened last year and it was near his hometown.

Ron Simmons.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Moose Bigelow posted:

I am going to Royal Rumble in Atlanta this year. I want to start some poo poo rumors while standing in line to get in about who mystery entrants are in the rumble. Any suggestions?

As an Atlanta resident who is also going to the Rumble, I'd gladly start spreading these rumors a week or so early!

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
If it's in Atlanta, just name old WCW wrestlers.

'hey guys I hear Glacier is here tonight'

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Meat Recital posted:

I hear Goldberg's here tonight

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Moose Bigelow posted:

I am going to Royal Rumble in Atlanta this year. I want to start some poo poo rumors while standing in line to get in about who mystery entrants are in the rumble. Any suggestions?

Umaga

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Matt Cruea posted:

As an Atlanta resident who is also going to the Rumble, I'd gladly start spreading these rumors a week or so early!

GOON MEET! I am driving up that Friday and going to Abdullah the butcher's restaurant.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

nyratk1 posted:

Rob Van Dam.

But he was in the Rumble last year.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

TL posted:

That powerbomb/neckbreaker combination that the Dudebusters sued on ECW, isn't that the move that Raven and Kanyon used that broke one of the Villanos necks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7oSESAJYkA

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump

Meat Recital posted:

Guys, it will be Chris Benoit with a new theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Deranged Hermit posted:

Guys, it will be Chris Benoit with a new theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He82NBjJqf8

No, they weren't out. They were in the enclosed pool area.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control
Did Triple H and Bret Hart ever have a match?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Incendiary Pig posted:

Did Triple H and Bret Hart ever have a match?

Yes, yes they did.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I heard that Edge is returning at the Rumble!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The A-Team Van posted:

I heard that Edge is returning at the Rumble!!!

Could you frame this in the form of a question?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Jerusalem posted:

Could you frame this in the form of a question?

Is it right for Edge to return at the Rumble?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Oblique Simpsons reference of the day.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FishBulb posted:

Oblique Simpsons reference of the day.

This things I believe.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Jerusalem posted:

Yes, yes they did.

Why is he coming out to the Taz's/Stryker's Stupid Comment of the Week song?

I'm kidding. It's the song from Die Hard.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Chilly McFreeze posted:

That's just because he was too weak to pick them up without them running at him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZI1AWrSTzE&feature=related

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Chilly McFreeze posted:

That's just because he was too weak to pick them up without them running at him!

Arn's finisher with Larry Zbyszko was Zbyszko spin-kicking them in the gut, and Arn just picking them up with a spinning spinebuster.

Justice Grieves
Feb 26, 2007
If I must die, I shall welcome Death as an old friend, and wrap mine arms about it.
"Stone Cold" Irving R Shyster

Schlitzkrieg Bop
Sep 19, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

Why is he coming out to the Taz's/Stryker's Stupid Comment of the Week song?

I'm kidding. It's the song from Die Hard.

Kind of funny that people can reduce Beethoven's Ninth to "the song from Die Hard."

That Bret/HHH clip reminds me of a questions I've had for years because I stopped watching wrestling until Austin won the title: who, if anyone, was supposed to be the face in the Hart Foundation/DX feud? I know the Harts were mega-faces in Canada, but it seems like in the U.S. both were heels, which is really weird for WWF booking.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Kentucky Shark posted:

Kind of funny that people can reduce Beethoven's Ninth to "the song from Die Hard."

That Bret/HHH clip reminds me of a questions I've had for years because I stopped watching wrestling until Austin won the title: who, if anyone, was supposed to be the face in the Hart Foundation/DX feud? I know the Harts were mega-faces in Canada, but it seems like in the U.S. both were heels, which is really weird for WWF booking.

No one of course. They were both heels. This was Russo's first year and an example of his outside the wrestling box booking.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its gonna be gillberg.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Did John Cena have any wrestling experience before going into the WWE and OVW?

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

BigRed0427 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWXFRGEnwmM

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

He was The Prototype in UPW, which is basically a wrestling school that runs shows. They were featured in a documentary on The Discovery Channel and another wrestler on that show was Victoria.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BigRed0427 posted:

He was in a little fed a long time back with Samoa Joe.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

LividLiquid posted:

He was in a little fed a long time back with Samoa Joe.

In fact I'm pretty sure that's Samoa Joe in that video with him.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ha! I didn't watch the video. It totally is!

atarirob
Dec 18, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

As a kid I pretty much only remember Hogan doing promos on shows like Superstars and only actually wrestling on PPVs. I think he might have showed up a couple of times on Superstars for an in-ring promo where he'd be attacked by a heel, but I don't recall ever actually seeing him wrestle.

I can remember a few times they would have him wrestle a jobber in a nontitle match. Someone like Dusty Wolfe or whatnot.

atarirob
Dec 18, 2002
Talking with some friends about some of the lovely WCW gimmicks. No one seemed to remember Eric Bischoff hosting his own talkshow within Nitro during the feud with Jay Leno. I think they only did it twice, I believe it had a band and a whole talkshow set up right there in the arena. I recall it being one of the more awkward 10-15 minutes I ever saw. Am I making this up, or has everyone else just repressed this memory.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

brokeo ono posted:

Talking with some friends about some of the lovely WCW gimmicks. No one seemed to remember Eric Bischoff hosting his own talkshow within Nitro during the feud with Jay Leno. I think they only did it twice, I believe it had a band and a whole talkshow set up right there in the arena. I recall it being one of the more awkward 10-15 minutes I ever saw. Am I making this up, or has everyone else just repressed this memory.

I vaguely remember this and it is making me angry, so I think you may have just unearthed a horrible memory and I hate you.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I remember it being documented in Death of WCW so it definitely happened.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It definitely happened. I rarely changed the channel on WCW until 99-2000, but I did during those shitfests.

They were the kind of segments where you'd turn the channel and come back five minutes later and it would still be going. Then you'd come back in another five and it wasn't over!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

brokeo ono posted:

Bischoff came out and did Leno's monologue from the friday before. It was to set up the Leno match at Road Wild. It happened once, then was interrupted the second time by DDP, I believe.

Bischoff then took over the actual Tonight show and hosted it for about five minutes before Jay's security got him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!

Captain Charisma posted:

I remember it being documented in Death of WCW so it definitely happened.

LET'S GO TO THE VIDEO TAPE! (Halfway in on Part 3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HvpKoKe61s

AND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFNhvx63xIQ

Edit: I'm watching this, which would be the week prior to the clips above (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDG2cb88XKM), and this poo poo just goes ON and ON. How did they not expect anyone to change over during this?

AKA Driver fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Dec 17, 2009