Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Kingdom posted:

Also, the Star Wars Holiday Special is a must see. In the past, I'd only been able to watch no more than 10 minutes at a time.

I've seen (part of) the Holiday Special by itself. It was an hour of really bad community theater (redundant, I know) and I walked away.

And yeah, Reign of Fire was a good one, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Featured Creature posted:

Wow you people seem to dismiss the best one. Reign of Fire. Worst movie ever. And they make it a complete joy.

"Way to squeeze one right out, Matthew" is probably my favorite riff of any RT film. That and everyone being unable to contain themselves during the "Wow, so that's REALLY the performance you're going with huh" scene in Battlefield Earth

SG-83
Sep 6, 2004

I guess it's not just a dog thing!

Wow you people seem to dismiss the best one. Reign of Fire. Worst movie ever. And they make it a complete joy.
Ugh, I believe that was the only movie during which I fell asleep. I'm happy to hear that the RiffTrax for that is awesome, maybe now I'll be able to sit through the whole thing!

Anaximander
Mar 1, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT DRINKING EXCESSIVE AMOUNTS OF WHISKEY AND VOMITING ALL OVER YARBALD'S BATHROOM
Ok, maybe I'm retarded but I can't for the life of me get this god damned thing to play. My friend used to play them all the time with no issue but when I tried myself it will not work. Any advice for a computer inept person such as myself?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Reign of Fire. Worst movie ever.

Spoken like someone who has seen one bad movie. It doesn't get into the top 50.

Great Rifftrack though, definitely worth it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Der Shovel posted:

Spoken like someone who has seen one bad movie. It doesn't get into the top 50.

Great Rifftrack though, definitely worth it.

Reign of Fire the worst?

I guess he didn't see Eragon.

Featured Creature
May 10, 2004
Tomatoes
OK there are worse movies out there, but drat that one was bad. The rif is one of my favorites though. My ex wife and I watched it and laghed our asses off all the time. poo poo, when we talk we still quote it and laugh.

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

Anaximander posted:

Ok, maybe I'm retarded but I can't for the life of me get this god damned thing to play. My friend used to play them all the time with no issue but when I tried myself it will not work. Any advice for a computer inept person such as myself?

What are you having trouble playing? RiffTrax are just normal Mp3s.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Merry Christmas MST3K fans.

LaptopGun
Sep 2, 2006

All I'm going to get out of him is a snappy one-liner and, if I'm real lucky, a brand new nickname.

RandolphCarter posted:

Merry Christmas MST3K fans.

Awesome. None of my favorite episodes, but they are all above average riffs. The video quality is way above YouTube (for obvious reasons). Looks to be a lot of commercials though. But its Hulu so thats ok. Hope to see more episodes off of Hulu (until Comcast closes it down anymore).

LaptopGun fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 8, 2009

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

LaptopGun posted:

Hope to see more off of Hulu (until Comcast closes it down anymore).

I see Hulu becoming a paysite first.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

LaptopGun posted:

Awesome. None of my favorite episodes, but they are all above average riffs.

I dunno, I remember Monster A-Go-Go being kind of mediocre. It's not their fault though, that movie is just so awful and boring that you just can't do anything with it. At least Manos Hands of Fate was awful in a goofy way, Monster A-Go-Go is just...boring.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Cinematic Titanic has announced their latest DVD:

East Meets Watts

It's actually the live version from their recent tour.

Here's an official sample.

LaptopGun
Sep 2, 2006

All I'm going to get out of him is a snappy one-liner and, if I'm real lucky, a brand new nickname.
I wasn't bored by it, but that was a long time ago. I dunno what it is now.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I think they should do a Rifftrax on Blood Hook, mainly because some of those that made MST3K also made Blood Hook.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

:argh: drat you, Mike nelson and your cool poo poo! :argh:

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

On the same day CT announced their live DVD, too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ballz posted:

On the same day CT announced their live DVD, too.

The CT live DVD will be released on the same day as the Rifftrax Christmas Show.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I'm in the middle of the Drag Me to Hell Rifftrax and it's pretty funny so far. Some good The Happening callbacks.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Aeon Flux had a brilliant commentary on exactly what's wrong with post-Matrix action movies:

Mike: You know what makes video games fun? You can play them. Just sitting here watching this, it's pretty boring.

Kevin: No kidding. I feel like every girlfriend in America.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Mister Kingdom posted:

The CT live DVD will be released on the same day as the Rifftrax Christmas Show.

I meant they made the announcement on the same day, but yeah, that too.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Drag Me to Hell was pretty good. Mike and Bill are good together (sorry, Kevin).

The movie itself was meh. I guess that the woman actually being dragged to hell was okay considering she lied about not being able to help the Gypsy woman.

Sam Raimi has done better.

Trinexx
Aug 31, 2007

Ask me about time-shares at scenic Turtle Rock!
I recently set up a surround sound system, and finally got a chance to try making a DVD with the riffers coming out of the surround speakers. I have it say it works pretty drat well. I want to go back and make all my previous Rifftrax DVD's the same way but that's probably going to be a monumental task.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

:dance:

I can't wait, seeing the live show tonight in Manchester, CT. Didn't get to see the last one, but I have high hopes for tonight.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

IUG posted:

:dance:

I can't wait, seeing the live show tonight in Manchester, CT. Didn't get to see the last one, but I have high hopes for tonight.

Hopefully, my local theater will not have the same technical problems as last time.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I've got tickets for tomorrow night's re-showing. (Wife's final exam is tonight. :argh:) Looking forward to it!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I could have gone without the swimming short, but who knew Christmas could be so nightmarish? Cripes!

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
Raleigh, NC goon here. Just got back from the North Hills showing, it was loving hilarious. For those of you interested, this might be cheating, but the digital goodies are at https://www.rifftrax.com/toyshop. One is a digital copy of one of the shorts, so even if you can't make it, you can enjoy that!

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Gavok posted:

I could have gone without the swimming short, but who knew Christmas could be so nightmarish? Cripes!
A swimming waltz! It's like swimming, but slower.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Gavok posted:

"Rudolph, I need you tonight."

Max Fleischer did a lot of great animation and then there's the Rudolph short. Yikes, that was unnerving.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mister Kingdom posted:

"Rudolph, I need you tonight."

Max Fleischer did a lot of great animation and then there's the Rudolph short. Yikes, that was unnerving.

I was even thinking how normal and decent that short was up until the halfway point. Then it got more and more ridiculous.

My theater was in tears at the "I need you tonight" line.

River Raid
Apr 2, 2004

GODDAMN I AM A HUGE MORON! WITH A JETPLANE OF STUPID!
I want to get drunk as gently caress and play with a Johnny Jet.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

The commercials were really good, especially the final one. Were they legit, or did The Onion produce them the way Something Awful did the sponsor skits from the last live show?

Overall, it was a great show. I guess my biggest quibble was I hoped Weird Al would be there to do more than just one short. Two or three would've been nice. :kiddo:

CoolZidane
Jun 24, 2008

Ballz posted:

The commercials were really good, especially the final one. Were they legit, or did The Onion produce them the way Something Awful did the sponsor skits from the last live show?

Overall, it was a great show. I guess my biggest quibble was I hoped Weird Al would be there to do more than just one short. Two or three would've been nice. :kiddo:

The commercials were legit. My dad actually remembers the "Gaylord" commercial from when he was a kid, although he never actually owned one.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ballz posted:

If they were made up, they did a great job of capturing the weird rear end toy commercials of the 50s & 60s.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Gavok posted:

The one with the doll was some good ol' fashion nightmare fuel.

Also, it was nice of Prince of Space to make a cameo.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Double Agent posted:

The one with the doll was some good ol' fashion nightmare fuel.

Also, it was nice of Prince of Space to make a cameo.

I wonder how these nightmares went over when they were originally shown. drat, that was some creepy poo poo.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

Mister Kingdom posted:

I wonder how these nightmares went over when they were originally shown. drat, that was some creepy poo poo.

They were small and of no account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Was there anyone who didn't think that that elf wasn't wearing any pants?

• Locked thread