Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?

Illandir posted:

I personally love the MTV music award statutette chillin' in the background, like it's no big deal

When you actually think about it anything else would be a bit scary and maybe even sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

fucktart posted:

The evidence is still inconclusive.

What video is that from?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Jarl posted:

When you actually think about it anything else would be a bit scary and maybe even sad.

I want to win an award just so I can peg groupies with it

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

Look Under The Rock posted:

I want to win an award just so I can peg groupies with it

Okay, I was exaggerating :) Of course she should be proud and appreciate the recognition, but it's nice to see that she doesn't put too much stock in it.

Jarl fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Dec 14, 2009

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Going to the San Francisco show tonight, pretty loving excited. I'll be the goon in the poofy white shirt and rather large top-hat if anyone else is going.

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

Going to the San Francisco show tonight, pretty loving excited. I'll be the goon in the poofy white shirt and rather large top-hat if anyone else is going.

it was amazing.

Related question:

how gay is it to sing and dance to Boys Boys Boys?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

:frogc00l:

aqu posted:

how gay is it to sing and dance to Boys Boys Boys?

Why the hell would it be gay who told you that singing and dancing to Boys Boys Boys is gay I don't think it's gay.

ToxicWind
May 23, 2006

Impossible! There is no intelligent life form capable of escaping the labyrinth of the multiverse!
I ordered the vinyl version of The Fame: Monster, and it shipped on Monday. Hopefully its explicit/uncensored, or I will be very sad. :saddowns:

Actually, the sadness will be washed away just because of the fact that it's a picture disc.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Sprat Sandwich posted:

It shows what a bitch Kermit is for fame. If he had any dignity, he would've slapped the poo poo out of her.

:qq:

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Oh my loving god, is Lady Gaga wearing a high-fashion posture collar??

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Her Kermit suit looked so good but when she wore it she had 2.5 lazy eyes uggggh

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

ToxicWind posted:

I ordered the vinyl version of The Fame: Monster, and it shipped on Monday. Hopefully its explicit/uncensored, or I will be very sad. :saddowns:

Actually, the sadness will be washed away just because of the fact that it's a picture disc.

I want this so badly it burns.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Lady Gaga owns but I'm sad that she's not touring anywhere near me so I can earn Mega Boyfriend Points™ :saddowns:

Nahkrinoth
Oct 24, 2009
That Kermit is one classy guy. That partially covering mask is from something right?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I got tickets to her Melbourne, Australia show next year. How did this happen

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Just read through this thread having looked at that amazing analytical essay at the beginning -- I'd like to mention my theory that Lady Gaga is one of the signs that we're living in a cyberpunk future. Everything about some of her videos, like Bad Romance, and her whole culture-hacking attitude just screams "Psycho-Sexual Techno-Cybernetic Future".

Seriously!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Yodzilla posted:

Lady Gaga owns but I'm sad that she's not touring anywhere near me so I can earn Mega Boyfriend Points™ :saddowns:

I got my girlfriend tickets to her show in Atlanta AND a personalized Neil Gaiman book. I got Mega Boyfriend Points™ to spare.

Also, how could dancing and singing to Boys Boys Boys be gay? You're just being paranoid.

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

The Senator Giroux posted:

Also, how could dancing and singing to Boys Boys Boys be gay? You're just being paranoid.

Yes, it's not a long stretch thinking that's a bit gay, but it is happy music and it gets to me. :D

Jarl fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 15, 2009

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
Why would you be worried about looking gay? :confused:

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
If you want to look gay a Lady Gaga isn't a bad place to do so

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

teacup posted:

I got tickets to her Melbourne, Australia show next year. How did this happen

I'm honestly considering her Brisbane show, except I have no one to go with. Like that other guy earlier, i'm a metalhead. I rationalise this by claiming that one of the most brutal things you can do is to like radically non-metal music.

Oh god i've broken the grim codex of conduct

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Ugh, I want to go see lady gaga for all the hot guys.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Oh Em Gee posted:

Ugh, I want to go see lady gaga for all the hot guys.

Do it, do it.. Oh my god it was like the hot guy convention!!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Senator Giroux posted:

I got my girlfriend tickets to her show in Atlanta AND a personalized Neil Gaiman book. I got Mega Boyfriend Points™ to spare.

MY GIRLFRIEND got me tickets for XMas. She earned hecka points.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

weekly font posted:

MY GIRLFRIEND got me tickets for XMas. She earned hecka points.

A girl I know asked me to go, and she was gonna get poo poo tickets cause she was late, so I ditched the girl I was gonna go with and took her instead and we were on the floor rather than 3rd level up. Hahaha.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

I just convinced myself to buy tickets for Lady GaGa's St. Louis show. I have to wait till 9 AM when the box office opens so I can purchase them. I'm already excited!

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

On the road right now from Austin Texas heading to San Diego to see her and stay with friends, then in a week going to New Orleans to see her for the third time in a month!

Pat Clements
Feb 10, 2008
Things that excite The Prisoner: Lady Gaga is playing Miami Beach on New Year's Eve, when he will also be there.

Things that do not excite The Prisoner: It's at the Fontainebleau. Tickets accordingly START at $325 and skyrocket from there.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
They better release more tickets for Chicago real soon because i'm checking all 3 shows every day multiple times and I was on the websitre when they went on sale and on presale and I've never seen a ticket for any of the shows ever.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Anyone know when they plan on releasing the uncensored CD? The fact that Fame Monster was censored, but The Fame wasn't, is really, really stupid.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
According to some message board posts sometime this month.

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.
I don't want to post anything for fear of :filez: but uncensored versions of Monster and Dance in the Dark are acquirable.

e: And it's amazing.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

ArmoredBlue posted:

I don't want to post anything for fear of :filez: but uncensored versions of Monster and Dance in the Dark are acquirable.

e: And it's amazing.
This is because they were released on Australian iTunes yesterday.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

You should be able to replace your censored version with the uncensored version for free thru iTunes or something. :colbert:

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

You are being shagged by a rare Parrot!
:parrot:
Another GagaGoon here, at first I wasn't too sure what to make of her, but watching all her videos and such, she's rather amazing. Her song 'Brown Eyes' is incredible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzTsch6Z1og

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

What the hell is that poo poo releasing CENSORED CD's. One thing is the radios, but when I buy the CD I want to hear it in full, and how can they expect anything else?

If you don't want your children or something to hear uncensored lady gaga, then don't buy her CD.

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

You are being shagged by a rare Parrot!
:parrot:
Isn't it only 2 songs which are censored? So I guess just download the two uncensored songs or what have you.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Apparently it was a screwup by the record company, not something done intentionally which is why they're re-releasing it.

Jonny_Rocket
Mar 13, 2007

"Inspiration, move me brightly"

Consequence of Sound posted:

Kid Cudi punches dude in face, drops off Lady Gaga tour
By Alex Young on December 18th, 2009

When it comes to touring, Lady Gaga just has the worst luck. Her first tour partner, Kanye West, pulled, well a Kanye West, and found himself running to seclusion in India. Ye’s replacement, Kid Cudi, punched a fan during a solo performance in Vancouver last week and is now taking an “early leave of absence from Lady Gaga’s Monster Ball tour.” And this is all without mentioning those slippery stages.

Cudi claims his departure from the currently ongoing tour is so that he can “balance his schedule surrounding the recording of his next album and acting commitments.” He did not, however, cancel his own upcoming solo engagements, which, ironically enough, are still built around Gaga’s dates. So you can make your own conclusions.

No word yet regarding who will replace Cudi on the Monster Ball tour, which is currently scheduled to run through March of next year.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/12/18/kid-cudi-punches-dude-in-face-drops-off-lady-gaga-tour/

It's a shame really, I kind of was looking forward to Kid Cudi. Perhaps they'll find a more suitable replacement, if not, it'll make the wait for Lady Gaga to come on stage much easier/shorter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Jonny_Rocket posted:

It's a shame really, I kind of was looking forward to Kid Cudi.

He was good, but he wasn't THAT great. It's low-key stoner rap. I've heard a rumour about Adam Lambert replacing him, which I think would be a much better fit due to his glam outlandishness.

• Locked thread