Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Placebo posted:

The only option I saw was Normal, and then gold and yellow. I know they're different but I just put it on yellow, I don't exactly remember how they were different and it didn't come with a guide.

It seems like an interesting style though, I want to try it out some.

In Gold mode you have infinite free continues during missions while Yellow mode makes you buy Yellow Orbs to continue from a checkpoint (otherwise you get sent back to the beginning of the mission every time you die). Gold isn't easier than Yellow, it's just a lot less tedious. I'd suggest you start over in Gold if you haven't gotten very far yet. As for general info:

-There are in-game help files for moves and I think all the pre-determined combos for your weapons too (like, for Rebellion you hit attack once, pause for a moment, then hit attack a couple more times for Combo II). If I'm wrong then you can refer to a guide on Gamefaqs.

-Trickster and Swordmaster are the most accessible styles for new players. Gunslinger doesn't have as many uses especially for bosses but it can still be fun to play with. With Gunslinger you might find it easier to put Shoot and/or Style on a trigger button so you can charge your Gunslinger moves while doing melee and dodging.

-Royal Guard isn't very newbie friendly but with a little practice you can still get a lot of use out of it. Normally, you have to guard/release against attacks on the exact frame for the best results but if you roll or jump just before you press the style button the invincibility frames you get from rolling or jumping will make your window much larger. With this simple technique in mind even someone with very little practice can destroy bosses with Royal Guard.

-Have fun with it, try all sorts of weapon and style combinations :) DMC3 has a very freeform combat system so there's no way to really screw yourself over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

ultrachrist posted:

Killing the clown worked (only took like 4 hours of in-game time and a lipstick prop :psyduck:). That shortcut should be all I need.

Be sure to pick up his mini-chainsaws. One of the best weapons in the game, if not the best. You can even find their books that extend their durability. If you have all three books in your inventory, its life will be extended 27-fold, which is just ridiculous.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'd honestly advise against that on your first playthrough. They make the game far too easy and take a lot of the fun out of exploring the mall and using whatever you can find to defend yourself.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Just bought Tropico 3 on Steam. What are some good early game advice so I don't spend myself poor.

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

gigglefeimer posted:

In Gold mode you have infinite free continues during missions while Yellow mode makes you buy Yellow Orbs to continue from a checkpoint (otherwise you get sent back to the beginning of the mission every time you die). Gold isn't easier than Yellow, it's just a lot less tedious. I'd suggest you start over in Gold if you haven't gotten very far yet. As for general info:

-There are in-game help files for moves and I think all the pre-determined combos for your weapons too (like, for Rebellion you hit attack once, pause for a moment, then hit attack a couple more times for Combo II). If I'm wrong then you can refer to a guide on Gamefaqs.

-Trickster and Swordmaster are the most accessible styles for new players. Gunslinger doesn't have as many uses especially for bosses but it can still be fun to play with. With Gunslinger you might find it easier to put Shoot and/or Style on a trigger button so you can charge your Gunslinger moves while doing melee and dodging.

-Royal Guard isn't very newbie friendly but with a little practice you can still get a lot of use out of it. Normally, you have to guard/release against attacks on the exact frame for the best results but if you roll or jump just before you press the style button the invincibility frames you get from rolling or jumping will make your window much larger. With this simple technique in mind even someone with very little practice can destroy bosses with Royal Guard.

-Have fun with it, try all sorts of weapon and style combinations :) DMC3 has a very freeform combat system so there's no way to really screw yourself over.

Ahh thank you for this. I'm on stage 5 but I think I may start over anyways on Gold. I got to the boss, died, and just put it down for the night. I'm very trial and error about these types of games, and having to trek back through a 20 minute level just to die a little further along in a boss fight does not sound like fun to me. I bumped it down to Easy to grind some but it just wasn't nearly as fun.

Also thank you for the Royal Guard stuff. I'd been messing around with it and trickster exclusively(I love mobility with trickster) and this will help a lot.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Placebo posted:

I just recently grabbed Devil May Cry 3 and Mark of Kri.

I've played and beaten DMC, didn't touch 2 or 4 yet, so a lot of these features are new to me. Been messing around with the styles and Royal Guard seems awful, but I don't know. Mark of Kri was at the suggestion of a roommate.

Any tips for either?
DMC3:

Styles: In my opinion Trickster is by far the best style as it gives you quite a few dash moves which are extremely useful for avoiding damage or moving quickly. Higher levels of trickster allow you to dash multiple times in succession or even shadowstep to an enemy's back. After that I like Swordmaster. Royalguard is supposed to be the best if you can master it, but you need to know every enemy's attack pattern to effectively use it. It is meant for people already very familiar with the game. There are two other styles you get as part of the story and I don't really think they're worth using.

Weapons: All the melee weapons are great, except Nevan. My favorites are the starting sword and the dual scimitars, though the gloves are also quite powerful. The nunchucks are also good, they combo well but are not very strong. Nevan is a piece of poo poo. All the guns are awful. Well, they're not all bad, the rifle and the rocket launcher are ok, but only as a supplement to melee attacks or if you are very far away from the enemy. Either way, don't level them.

Other stuff: Make Air Hike a priority for at least one weapon. Double jumping is very useful to control your movement in fights, especially paired with the Trickster style. Not only that, there are a lot of hidden treasures only accessible with double jumps.

Don't stress too much about the secret stages, some are very hard or even impossible to beat the first time they're available since you don't have the right weapons or abilities. Notably the one where you have to stay on an elevator as you have zero knockback abilities at the time. And there's one where not being able to double jump makes it 500 times harder. Several are quite easy though, give each one you see the old college try, maybe you'll get a blue shard of it.

If you are having a lot of trouble against a boss don't be afraid to use an item, though it will lower your rank. You get lots of items. If you still can't beat it and you think that having more powerful moves will help, you can start a new game on Easy Auto mode and rush through it- Easy goes by very quickly and any red orbs you get on Easy are available for purchase in other difficulties. Wait maybe that's only in DMC4. Anyway figure out how to farm red orbs as it is definitely possible and can be handy if you get stuck. Maybe the DMC3 way is repeating secret stages for the red orb reward. I forgot, oh well, it's possible though.

edit: Absolutely play on Gold mode. You will hate your loving life if you don't start over.

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 16, 2009

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009
Yeah, restarting for sure then.

And any orbs/unlocks you get on any difficulty is available for all the others(grinded on easy to unlock air hike for the double swords). Thanks for the advice.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Just bought Tropico 3 on Steam. What are some good early game advice so I don't spend myself poor.

Tobacco farms and then Cigar Factories are easy mode to make a ton of money, but logging camps and mines can also make you a fair amount of money to begin with too. Once you get a decent amount of money, it's pretty much impossible to fail, you just have to earn enough cash fast enough to build some extra guard posts and housing for your people before revolts overcome you.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I'm about to jump into Borderlands for the PS3 and all I know is that it's a first person RPG. Is the game too easy on normal, can I play online with randoms or do they need to be on my friends list, what should I doooo? I have a limited time to play it tonight and I want to get the most in.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
I am jumping into MagnaCarta 2 anything I should know?

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007

Penpal posted:

I'm about to jump into Borderlands for the PS3 and all I know is that it's a first person RPG. Is the game too easy on normal, can I play online with randoms or do they need to be on my friends list, what should I doooo? I have a limited time to play it tonight and I want to get the most in.

I found the quests that are at your level are not very difficult, those one or two levels up were really challenging. Though there isn't only a cash penalty for dying.

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."

Pocket Billiards posted:

I found the quests that are at your level are not very difficult, those one or two levels up were really challenging. Though there isn't only a cash penalty for dying.
I assume that's a typo. Yeah, death is fairly cheap and usually it's pretty easy to kill someone as you're dying and get a Second Wind. Also, don't worry too much about screwing up your build, respecs are fairly cheap. If you're playing a Sniper, the ability at the end of the sniper tree (shots ignore shields) is pretty awesome, especially in the endgame.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
One of my friends wants to get me playing Counterstrike. Should I get the old Counterstrike or Counterstrike Source? I only want to buy one, unless I end up really getting into it.

Beyond that, what do I need to know as someone who's never played before?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Twitch posted:

One of my friends wants to get me playing Counterstrike. Should I get the old Counterstrike or Counterstrike Source? I only want to buy one, unless I end up really getting into it.

Oh god. You are going to get raped. Just... terribly raped. Anybody that is still playing CS at this point has memorized all of the maps inside and out and is autistically good at the game.

osigas
Mar 4, 2006

Then maybe you shouldn't be living here

Twitch posted:

Source is a better place to start, CS 1.6 still has an active user base but most of them have been playing it for a long time and can't let go (myself included). Source I believe is more newbie friendly.

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

Backhand posted:

The most important tip I can possibly give you is that the force field spell is loving AMAZING. If you've ever played a 2.0 D&D game, it functions just like Otiluke's Resilient Sphere: Pick a target, any target, and an impenetrable force field goes up around them. They can't move or act, but they also can't be harmed in any way.

Thanks. I picked up Force Field with my next spell selection and it's working out great. A few other general questions:

- If I'm going for the Arcane Warrior specialization, what should my stats look like? Obviously Magic will be high, and it looks like Willpower will be as well. I've also put some points into cunning because I like Coercion. Is there anything else I should focus on, like Dexterity? Or is everything else useless to a mage?

- What skills should I be using? I currently have Coercion 1&2 and Herbalism 1(is that a skill or a spell school?) and that's it. Aside from the extra tactics slots, should I bother with any of the other skills? If I'm going to be an Arcane Warrior, should I take those combat proficiencies?

- Assuming I play the game fairly thoroughly, how many spells will I eventually have access to? Are there any schools that are simply not worth it? I've currently got Arcane Bolt, Arcane Shield, Winter's Grasp, Heal, Mind Blast, Force Field, Telekinetic Weapons, and Vulnerability Hex. Am I on the right track? Am I wasting points on something? Is there a school I should be focusing on?

And if it matters, I'm only at the Tower of Ishal point in the story.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Okay... I'm not done yet myself, and playing in a pretty casual style, so the advice I can give is a bit limited, but I'll try.

- For Arcane Warrior I'm not too sure what to tell you. Unless you know where the specialization unlock is and make a beeline for it, it'll probably be a good while before you get it and this will lead to you being more of a generalist type mage. That's what happened to me, anyway. If you decide to go down this path, you'll want to specialize on buffs like haste and heroic offense, and supposedly it goes really well with blood magic. Your magic stat takes the place of strength for purposes of wearing gear, but this should only matter for weapons - heavy armor not only sends your already-problematic fatigue through the roof, it also makes enemies more likely to attack you. I suppose you could make an arcane warrior tank with the right spells, but...

- Skills honestly aren't that critical. I'm a big fan of coercision and it's proven useful now and again. I also maxed out herbalism and it's a nice safety blanket sometimes, but I haven't really found myself NEEDING it. The weapons training skill is a no-brainer for warriors and rogues and it's moderately helpful to mages, but not crucial since the game has relatively few long cast spells. You'll probably want it if you go Arcane Warrior, though. Survival can be nice for the nature resist bonus it gives, but again, not crucial. Don't worry too much about skills. It's hard to hamstring yourself with them.

- You'll get more spells than you can easily quickslot, but not all of them by a long shot. There are expensive books to be found here and there that teach you new spells, you may want to invest in those. Since you've already started in on the frost tree, I recommend you take cone of cold. It's great AOE damage and can stun just about anything fairly reliably, also setting them up for a Shatter if you have the means. It's also great for forcing enemies off your people when they're using grapple-type attacks like Overwhelm - a dragon munching your warrior will instantly drop him if hit by a cone of cold. (Winter's Grasp works too sometimes, but it's less likely.)

What else... fireball is good if well-aimed, given that it's not just solid damage but a knockdown as well. If you've come as far as force field, you should finish out the tree with Crushing Prison too - it's sort of like having another force field. It fails a lot more often and doesn't last as long, but hey, it deals damage as it stuns. Can't argue with that. It won't work on bosses, really, but it's pretty reliable on elites. Enemy casters are a particularly good target for it. They will mess you up if left alone. Heal and Regenerate can save you quite a few health poultices, and thus are also a good idea.

Those are pretty much all my bread and butter spells, that I'd recommend to anyone: Cone of cold, winter's grasp, force field, crushing prison, fireball, heal, and regenerate. Keep in mind though, I haven't yet finished the game myself, and I'm just a casual player.

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
I'm about to play STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl for the first time. Are there any particular mods I should install first? Graphical, bug fixes, anything like that?

Koskinator
Nov 4, 2009

MOURNFUL: ALAS,
POOR YORICK

Backhand posted:

- You'll get more spells than you can easily quickslot, but not all of them by a long shot.

You can extend your action bar. Click and drag on the far right end.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Oh, and two more things: Buy backpacks. Inventory space is good. You will desperately need it if you like to grab everything you find like I do, even if it's just to sell it later. For the other thing, despite the huge number of locked chests in the game you don't really NEED a thief - 90% of the time the stuff in those chests will be largely useless. So, don't feel like you're being forced into taking a thief along with you by the sheer number of locked chests you'll be seeing. You'll make more money and a touch more experience if you do bring one, however, and money is a bit hard to come by in DA.

Backhand fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Dec 19, 2009

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think I've started Fallout half a dozen times, and every time I get so overwhelmed by the amount of options and character builds. I worry incessantly about whether I'm loving myself over with every action; should I be knifing everything right away? Is ammo going to be plentiful later on, so I can use the gun now?

So I could really use some advice not only for a beginning character build, but sort of sense of what I should be careful of and what I should be doing in say the first couple of hours of gameplay. I feel like if I can at least get that far maybe I'll actually be able to continue on. The only advice I've ever heard is that Charisma is pretty important, but all of the other poo poo goes over my head.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Please tell me if there are any dead ends (parts where you can lock yourself out of winning and not know it) in the following adventure games: Sanitarium, Personal Nightmare, all of the Tex Murphy games

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Twitch posted:

Get source, try to find servers with plus 6 people a side, otherwise you'll die and feel like an impediment to your team and your chances of winging a wounded guy and getting the kill drop tremendously. Another benefit is you can follow team members around and see where they go and what they do on any given map.

At first you will die. A lot. You just kind of have to accept that until you get familiar with the maps.

When you start out submachine guns are your friend, they're cheap, accurate at mid-range even while holding down the fire button, and deal okay damage.

As you get better, practice using the ak, the famas, and the m4. Learn to aim for the head and fire in bursts, which is why the famas is useful for training as its secondary fire is a burst mode. Get good at sniping if the server you play on allows awps, which brings me to the next point.

As quickly as possible determine how you feel about the AWP. It is a one hit kill sniper rifle. When I say one hit I mean, if it grazes you in the foot through a wall, you will most likely die, even with body armor. I personally do not play on any server that has them enabled. Most servers will let you know their stance on that gun in their server name. When you start play on both kinds and the decide how you feel about that.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
Just picked up Torchlight off steam. Anything I need to know about this (or ARPGs in general?)

Edit: and also, where do you get Vincent in FFVII? I managed to skip about half of disc 2 by forgetting where to go and accidentally sequence-breaking.

A Real Happy Camper fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 19, 2009

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

I PLAYED BATTLETOADS AND ALL I GOT WAS A RASH IN MY ASS

Captain Novolin posted:

Just picked up Torchlight off steam. Anything I need to know about this (or ARPGs in general?)

Edit: and also, where do you get Vincent in FFVII? I managed to skip about half of disc 2 by forgetting where to go and accidentally sequence-breaking.

If memory serves, he's in the basement of the mansion. I can't remember the name of the town, but it's in the same town where all the clones were created. You'll need the key found in the safe on the top floor.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Captain Novolin posted:

Hes in nibelheim in the basement of the shinra manor. You need a key to unlock his door which requires you to open a safe inside shinra manor's upstairs area by finding the numbers and such throughout the manor. Open it, beat boss, take key, go downstairs, open door, get vincent. Tell him you plan on fighting sephiroth.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009

Captain Novolin posted:

Nothing, the game is almost entirely self explanatory. Enter dungeon, kill monsters, sell loot once your bags are full, repeat. The one suggestion I have is download TorchLeech and get the respec mod, so you aren't locked forever into your lovely starting abilities. There are many other great mods but that's the only one that should have been part of the vanilla game.

edit: Don't spread your stats too thin. 1-3 in defense and the rest in your primary stat (str for destroyers, dex for vanquishers, magic for alchemists). All 3 classes are quite capable and fun.

Lets Fuck Bro fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 19, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Captain Novolin posted:

Start your first game on hard, trust me. It's a very easy game.

Ogianres
Oct 21, 2008

Dalai Lamacide posted:

How the gently caress do I get past the tank fight, and the area after that in Stubbs the Zombie.

In general there are only two ways to fight the enemy tanks: use your head, or use another tank. If you have a tank, all you need to do is shoot the tank with your cannon two times (I think for any difficulty).

If you don't have a tank (which I think you don't for the first tank) you need to use your head attack on it. You need to try and get close enough that you can get your head to the tank without it blowing up first, and far enough away that you don't stop the tank's normal patrol route. Your head's gas will penetrate the tank and kill the driver. On easy you might be able to kill him with all three grenades if they all land close enough, but those are better suited for taking out the mines that block the chokepoint to the area so your zombies can get through.

If you have no tank and you can't get your head into the right position or you don't have your head attack there may be a bazooka soldier at the very far end of that map, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

When you have killed the driver you have to drive the tank around the area for a little bit. This will attract two pre-spawned bazookas from the far end of the map, as well as spawn two bazookas (three on insane) behind a line of mines to the right. Eventually a group of soldiers (mostly or completely helmets) will spawn out of a previously closed door to the direct left of the turret and big tent near where you came in. You go through that door to progress the level.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

DMC3:

Styles: In my opinion Trickster is by far the best style as it gives you quite a few dash moves which are extremely useful for avoiding damage or moving quickly. Higher levels of trickster allow you to dash multiple times in succession or even shadowstep to an enemy's back. After that I like Swordmaster. Royalguard is supposed to be the best if you can master it, but you need to know every enemy's attack pattern to effectively use it. It is meant for people already very familiar with the game. There are two other styles you get as part of the story and I don't really think they're worth using.

Weapons: All the melee weapons are great, except Nevan. My favorites are the starting sword and the dual scimitars, though the gloves are also quite powerful. The nunchucks are also good, they combo well but are not very strong. Nevan is a piece of poo poo. All the guns are awful. Well, they're not all bad, the rifle and the rocket launcher are ok, but only as a supplement to melee attacks or if you are very far away from the enemy. Either way, don't level them.

Nevan is a really good weapon, just really hard to use. It has an AOE attack that catches a lot of enemies in it and takes your combo rating straight up, it can protect you from certain attacks while summoning bats, or you can summon and switch to another weapon. It's probably not worth learning if you just want to play through the game normally, though.

Trickster is good at the beginning when you're still getting used to the game and need more ways to dodge, but eventually just becomes a crutch, if you're not using Royal Guard, Swordmaster is much better. Helps you make better combos, and for a bunch of the weapons adds some essential moves.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Orfeo posted:

I'm about to play STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl for the first time. Are there any particular mods I should install first? Graphical, bug fixes, anything like that?

Get Stalker Compete 2009. It's a graphical and bug-fix mod that unlike others does not change the game outside of a few exceptions, mainly involving the repair of armor and weapons. And that change is a good thing.

Dalai Lamacide
Jan 10, 2007

She wears underwear with dick-holes in 'em

Ogianres posted:

In general there are only two ways to fight the enemy tanks: use your head, or use another tank. If you have a tank, all you need to do is shoot the tank with your cannon two times (I think for any difficulty).

If you don't have a tank (which I think you don't for the first tank) you need to use your head attack on it. You need to try and get close enough that you can get your head to the tank without it blowing up first, and far enough away that you don't stop the tank's normal patrol route. Your head's gas will penetrate the tank and kill the driver. On easy you might be able to kill him with all three grenades if they all land close enough, but those are better suited for taking out the mines that block the chokepoint to the area so your zombies can get through.

If you have no tank and you can't get your head into the right position or you don't have your head attack there may be a bazooka soldier at the very far end of that map, if it's the one I'm thinking of.

When you have killed the driver you have to drive the tank around the area for a little bit. This will attract two pre-spawned bazookas from the far end of the map, as well as spawn two bazookas (three on insane) behind a line of mines to the right. Eventually a group of soldiers (mostly or completely helmets) will spawn out of a previously closed door to the direct left of the turret and big tent near where you came in. You go through that door to progress the level.

Cool, I recall looking for guides on gamefaqs but being disappointed. Thanks.

I just bought the Freedom Force pack on steam. Lay it on me.

gigglefeimer
Mar 16, 2007

Lets gently caress Bro posted:

DMC3:

Other stuff: Make Air Hike a priority for at least one weapon. Double jumping is very useful to control your movement in fights, especially paired with the Trickster style. Not only that, there are a lot of hidden treasures only accessible with double jumps.

Agreed about Air Hike. Nevan is great though, even if you don't want to spend any time learning it. Reverb Shock, Crazy Roll, and Jam Session are incredibly abusable moves. All the guns are good too.

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.

gigglefeimer posted:

Agreed about Air Hike. Nevan is great though, even if you don't want to spend any time learning it. Reverb Shock, Crazy Roll, and Jam Session are incredibly abusable moves. All the guns are good too.

Speaking of guns, the rifle may be slow, but if you're using royal guard, you can cancel out of the wait animation by hitting the guard button, and then firing again at a rate of maybe 3 or 4 a second (give or take, it's been a while since I played). Considering the gun is quite powerful and you auto-aim, you can sit in the back of a room and clear it out without ever having to see the enemies.

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Final Fantasy VII

When running, hold the L1 button to run 45 degrees to the left. Hold R1 to run 45 degrees to the right. Useful for when you need to change direction slightly but don't want to press a second D-pad button!

(This is an actual game feature)

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Mass Effect

A few questions:

Is there a way to change your party without returning to the Normandy and leaving?

When should I fit in the Bringing Down the Sky DLC? I've done the Dig site, and was going to go to Feros and then Noveria, but I wasn't sure when I'm good to do the Asteroid.

Will doing too many side quests make the game too easy, or too few make it too difficult?

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Jolo posted:

Mass Effect

A few questions:

Is there a way to change your party without returning to the Normandy and leaving?

When should I fit in the Bringing Down the Sky DLC? I've done the Dig site, and was going to go to Feros and then Noveria, but I wasn't sure when I'm good to do the Asteroid.

Will doing too many side quests make the game too easy, or too few make it too difficult?

In order:

No.

Any time. You could do it right now if you wanted.

You'll miss out on gaining XP if you don't do many sidequests, but as far as I can tell the game scales to a certain degree to your level. So you shouldn't be too bad.

Easty
Sep 25, 2008

Any tips for Sid Meier's Pirates!?

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
I've just started playing Little King's Story, anybody have any tips or interesting lesser-known gameplay features?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

Jolo posted:

Mass Effect

A few questions:

[...]

I'd do however many you feel like. You're not gimped if you don't do any, but the game is a little more difficult. The game does scale a bit, though, so it's generally not THAT big of a deal. If it's your first playthrough I'd aim to get level 50, since doing so gives you an achievement that boosts XP in the future.