Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004

Djarum posted:

I think most of the Minimates success is that they give people the figures people want in a timely fashion.

The only problem I have with these is that to get any of the desirable ones I have to resort to Ebay and the price reflects that, although I suppose this phenomenon isn't unique to these figures.

I recently picked up the Deadpool/Wolverine and Extremis Iron Man/Titanium man two packs and I'm very pleased with them. For their size they are pretty intricate little figures. I'm a big fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Pleatherface posted:

The only problem I have with these is that to get any of the desirable ones I have to resort to Ebay and the price reflects that, although I suppose this phenomenon isn't unique to these figures.

I recently picked up the Deadpool/Wolverine and Extremis Iron Man/Titanium man two packs and I'm very pleased with them. For their size they are pretty intricate little figures. I'm a big fan.

I haven't bought a lot of them, but in my experience it is pretty easy to find any character you want since they rerelease a lot of them all the time. They keep them in production for a while too it seems. At least with the comic based stuff I haven't had too much trouble. I imagine the other licensed stuff they might not be the same.

Pleatherface
Oct 24, 2004
I probably should have mentioned that I'm Canadian. I find it a lot easier to find them when I go to the states.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Fish Of Doom posted:

Gentleman Ghost isn't packed with the wave 7/8/9 refresher cases that some targets are stocking right now. It really sucks, he's worth more than some wave 5 figures now.

I knew he was rare but I didn't know why thanks Mattel

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Dec 17, 2009

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was at Target and they had new Action League figures out! For those that arn't familiar, Action League is the DC version of Super Hero Squad based on the Brave & Bold tv series. I had purchased all of the first wave and have been waiting months for more and just when I'd given up hope they appear! Yay Christmas time!

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

mods rename me posted:

I knew he was rare but I didn't know why thanks Mattel

It's not true. Gentleman Ghost isn't any rarer than any of the other figures. My guess is that people are picking him off the shelf quickly.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

It is. The only case Mr. Craddock has been released in is Wave 8a, which only targets stocked back in september.

There's a case that some targets are getting now that has
Green Arrow
Blk Canary
Deadshot
Hawkgirl
Parademon (random)
Dr. Fate (modern)
Green Lantern
Flash
Beetle
Booster Gold

God why do I know this?

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 17, 2009

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Fish Of Doom posted:

It is. The only case Mr. Craddock has been released in is Wave 8a, which only targets stocked back in september.

There's a case that some targets are getting now that has Hawkgirl, Dr Fate, a random Parademon, Blue Beetle, Booster Gold, Firestorm, and a few wave 9s that I don't remember, I think one is Wildcat. But no Ghost.

God why do I know this?

A Mattel rep specifically stated that they are put in equally across the line. If they're not appearing in the Target cases for some reason, which I doubt, they'll be elsewhere.

However, it's not as if they just didn't make enough.

They'll get out there, just like Wave 10. Just gotta be patient.

Zeitgueist fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 17, 2009

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I think it is because they didn't make enough. He was only shipped to online stores last summer and then was only in 1 case that appeared in very very few targets around august/september. Due to the hordes of wave 7, a lot of targets didn't order Wave 8 case A, the only case that ever had a Gentleman Ghost. Hence why he's rare.

Not to say he won't get rereleased down the line, but right now he's up there with wave 5 stuff.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Fish Of Doom posted:

I think it is because they didn't make enough. He was only shipped to online stores last summer and then was only in 1 case that appeared in very very few targets around august/september. Due to the hordes of wave 7, a lot of targets didn't order Wave 8 case A, the only case that ever had a Gentleman Ghost. Hence why he's rare.

Not to say he won't get rereleased down the line, but right now he's up there with wave 5 stuff.

They made equal amounts of each figure. I asked the guy that sets the amounts.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Well then he just got shafted by being only in a case no retailers ordered and wasn't recently rereleased with the rest of figures from the case he was in.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Fish Of Doom posted:

Well then he just got shafted by being only in a case no retailers ordered and wasn't recently rereleased with the rest of figures from the case he was in.

He'll be out there, you have to be patient. People have been bitching forever that Wave 10 is impossibly rare and then a Walmart gets some in. Unfortunately things don't appear on shelf all at once, but that's just the way the system works.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Rhyno posted:

I was at Target and they had new Action League figures out! For those that arn't familiar, Action League is the DC version of Super Hero Squad based on the Brave & Bold tv series. I had purchased all of the first wave and have been waiting months for more and just when I'd given up hope they appear! Yay Christmas time!

Metamorpho from that line is easily the greatest thing to come out of the bizarre Superhero Squad scale.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of minimates, I scored 3 packs of the Terminator2 ones on eBay for $15 with free shipping, which seems like a pretty good deal. I'll likely post up some pics of them when they show up, they looked pretty neat.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
I feel like such a nerd. I was at walmart and saw that they had a Marvel Legends set out. At first I was just going to get Tigra because I needed a third to act out my Chekhovian lesbian dramas between Starfire and Power Girl and then I noticed that all the figures of the line were there. So now I have my first complete build a figure! Of some radioactive skull guy I've never heard of!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

So now I have my first complete build a figure! Of some radioactive skull guy I've never heard of!

And if you don't want him, some of us do!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I havent even opened that wave yet. I put Chemo, Giganta and Imperiex together yesterday.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
For anyone interested, I spotted the NECA Resident Evil Archives figures at TRU today. The new window boxes are nice. I went ahead and picked up an extra Zombie and Licker for myself, I didn't get the Chris though, instead of having flesh colored plastic for the head and arms, this new release has the face and arms painted a flesh color, which doesn't look nearly as good to me as the original release did.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Apparently on 12/23 MattyCollector is going to sell the Wave 11 DCUC figures as a boxed set.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.169458200

The only figure not included is the clear Deadman chase, but poo poo, all of wave 11 in one swoop.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

The Rage posted:

Apparently on 12/23 MattyCollector is going to sell the Wave 11 DCUC figures as a boxed set.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.169458200

The only figure not included is the clear Deadman chase, but poo poo, all of wave 11 in one swoop.

I recall reading that all future waves, starting with 11, will be sold online as a set in some capacity, although I can't for the life of me track down where I read this.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

And at $120, it's only $15 a figure, probably closer to $17 with shipping. My local walmart got rid of its DCUC pegs, so target is literally the only store around me who even carries them any more, and they've had a Captain Cold and Firestorm since July. I might just order that to avoid the hassle.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
How on earth do I get these marvel legends figures to stand up? Tigra has tiny feet, a tail, and no bendable knees. Everyone except the punisher stands like they have some serious nerve damage.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

How on earth do I get these marvel legends figures to stand up? Tigra has tiny feet, a tail, and no bendable knees. Everyone except the punisher stands like they have some serious nerve damage.

Hi. I'm Hasbro. It's nice to meet you.

EDIT: Lots and lots of sticky tack.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Ikea detolf display cabinets are going to be on sale for $20 on dec. 29th. Limit 1 per customer, so bring a couple friends.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

How on earth do I get these marvel legends figures to stand up?

I've been struggling with this since day one

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Sanschel posted:

I recall reading that all future waves, starting with 11, will be sold online as a set in some capacity, although I can't for the life of me track down where I read this.

I'm pretty sure I can confirm this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sanschel posted:

It was actually supposed to start back with Wave 8. Diamond had set up some deal with Mattel to sell complete boxed sets of each wave for the regular SRP but it didn't materialize.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Rhyno posted:

It was actually supposed to start back with Wave 8. Diamond had set up some deal with Mattel to sell complete boxed sets of each wave for the regular SRP but it didn't materialize.

I wish everyone would do this actually. I am tired of looking in vain for figures that never appear and not willing to spend the mark up to buy them from 3rd parties.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It's tempting hopefully it will stick around a while. Christmas makes me broke!

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Holy poo poo. Bravo Hot Toys.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I wonder if it'll have the wesker glowing eyes.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

That's cool that they got the license to other Terminator films other than salvation.

That head sculpt! Holy poo poo!

Also in case anyone forgot, DCUC wave 11 is available on Matty today.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got a case of the parademon/hawkgirl dcuc wave in at TRU this morning. The hawkgirl and green lantern figures both have the only at TRU stickers but none of the others do. No gentleman ghosts in the case.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The Rage posted:

No gentleman ghosts in the case.

Of course. Thanks Mattel.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

mods rename me posted:

Of course. Thanks Mattel.

poo poo luck. They're not any rarer than the other figures.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
No, actually this is a new case packout with Beetle and Booster from wave 7, Hawkgirl and Parademon from wave 8, and Deadshot from wave 9. I forgot who else is in it, but there are a few others, and no Gentleman Ghosts. I saw the remnants of this wave at Target last week, with the first Deadshot I ever saw at retail, after my wife paid $18 to get me one from an LCS. Hawkgirl did not come with a CnC part (just a stand), so I'm assuming the others don't have CnC parts either.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

No, actually this is a new case packout with Beetle and Booster from wave 7, Hawkgirl and Parademon from wave 8, and Deadshot from wave 9. I forgot who else is in it, but there are a few others, and no Gentleman Ghosts. I saw the remnants of this wave at Target last week, with the first Deadshot I ever saw at retail, after my wife paid $18 to get me one from an LCS. Hawkgirl did not come with a CnC part (just a stand), so I'm assuming the others don't have CnC parts either.

Hawkgirl always had a stand. And I'm not buying that bad luck thing.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

profbobo posted:

Holy poo poo. Bravo Hot Toys.
(Awesome T-800 Figure)

God drat. I never collect 12" figures, but I may just break that to get this guy. I will probably wait though, I've seen HT have a tendency to re-release the same figures with more accessories and stuff. I would hate to shell out dough for this guy and they come out with a version that comes with the mini-gun or battle-damaged heads in a few months.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...
I went to a Meijer's near my dentist that I don't usually go to because I needed some last minute groceries for Christmas dinner. This same Meijer only carried DCUC Wave 1 and 6 last time I checked but somehow miraculously got in large chunks of 7, 8 and 9 and they were all on clearance for $8. I got to bolster the ranks of those waves by quite a bit and am happy. I'll be going back and checking next week to see if I can get the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

mods rename me posted:

Hawkgirl always had a stand. And I'm not buying that bad luck thing.

Again, the figures are produced in equal numbers. Certain figures are more popular to collectors and some others are pegwarmers I'm sure, but they're not any rarer by design.