Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinken
Aug 11, 2007

frozenphil posted:

Who knew Goldwings could look and sound so good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlMSZuBHKEw

That reminds me a lot of this.

Goddamn Goldwings look good stripped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
Pretty sure it's the same bike, minus that tank sticker.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Why the hell did he need to put the "GIGANTE" sticker on?

Unless it was built by a person with a sense of pure style and then sold to a stereotype custom guy who thought "needs stickers and a blower".

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Z3n posted:

Bonus, if you start to lowside, just blast the speakers on one side! :haw:

No need for handlebars when you have the L/R balance controls!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

frozenphil posted:

Who knew Goldwings could look and sound so good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlMSZuBHKEw

Yeah, the Valkyries sound awesome with the Cobra 6 into 6 pipes too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cEQaD2-E1I

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Dec 17, 2009

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.
Dear CA,

I never thought it would happen to me....

I saw so many posts of people with turtles in the middle of roads and then I was in the middle of my trip in gently caress arse no where and all of a sudden BAM, turtle on the road. Luckily avoided him, stopped and helped him across the road.

Surprisingly I didn't take many photos on my trip, it was the first really long solo ride I have had and I was too busy having an awesome time.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

DiZ posted:

Dear CA,

I never thought it would happen to me....

I saw so many posts of people with turtles in the middle of roads and then I was in the middle of my trip in gently caress arse no where and all of a sudden BAM, turtle on the road. Luckily avoided him, stopped and helped him across the road.

Head down the waterfall way, the fuckers are everywhere along there this time of year.

Watch out for wombats out that way though, holy poo poo wombats give me nightmares.

(For non-Australians, wombats are basically walking solid rocks, I've been in a fully loaded B-Double that ran over one and could feel the noticeable bump in the cab)

Also I have the same gloves in blue and white :D, I love em.

Rudager fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 17, 2009

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

niethan posted:

braaaaarbrabrabrabrablrablrab
no thanks.
and an even bigger no thanks to anyone who buys a bike that looks like any of those bikes because they want to be one of those guys.

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.

Rudager posted:

Watch out for wombats out that way though, holy poo poo wombats give me nightmares.

I remember tearing past a Wombats Next 20km's sign and thinking, I should probably slow down a little, just incase.

Last thing you ever want to hit in any sort of vehicle.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
I know a dude who hit a wombat in a Mighty Boy.. It bent the whole car but when he stopped, he couldn't find the wombat, he could just hear it grumbling in the bushes as it continued on its way, apparently.

Ride safe DiZ!

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

no thanks.
and an even bigger no thanks to anyone who buys a bike that looks like any of those bikes because they want to be one of those guys.

... says the guy with the vintage german motorcycle fetish?

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

... says the guy with the vintage german motorcycle fetish?

What are you implying? Seriously I don't get it. That he wants to be this guy?

Zool fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Dec 18, 2009

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Merry Christmas CA!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I tried to find a guy riding in laderhosen, but no luck.

All though I'd never want to be in Hell's Angels or be some harley snob, I still find the 60's and 70's chopper scene and motorcycle clubs pretty fascinating. Maybe it's just the romanticized image of the rebels on annoying motorcycles, but I see the appeal.

Have some east bay dragons and chosen few.

^^^A good read from what I've heard.

Have some more here:
http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/2009/11/04/chosen-few-east-bay-dragons-americas-black-biker-set-revisited/

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Oh holy jesus christ

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518990

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

The best video you will see all week. Turn up the volume, HQ, full screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k8hJWKIVNs&feature=player_embedded

And embedded for the lazy/uninspired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k8hJWKIVNs

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^^Awesome video, I wish I was there to hear the bike in person.

Anyone else get sent this through e-mail? It actually looks pretty interesting(especially trying to ride without a clutch and flat tires).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqjB1DJO6Qs&feature=email

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Yeah, that's going to work.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
Those biker gang pics own, thanks for posting them niethen and slim.

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

some sort of irredeemable trash person
I'm with Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester on that one. No reason to admire or glorify a group of individuals that are, and has been for most of the group's history, involved in drug trafficking, extortion, prostitution, violence and generally making the world a worse place to live.
An accountant with a garage queen harley is a wannabe posing as a biker, a hell's angels member with a harley is a criminal posing as a biker.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Zool posted:

What are you implying? Seriously I don't get it. That he wants to be this guy?

i do.

Slim Pickens posted:

I tried to find a guy riding in laderhosen, but no luck.

lederhosen.
i saw one at the rally.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Oh, Yamaha. :allears:

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

dietcokefiend posted:

Oh holy jesus christ

The paintjob is lame but any bike with studded tires is badass as far as I'm concerned

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Rnr posted:

I'm with Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester on that one. No reason to admire or glorify a group of individuals that are, and has been for most of the group's history, involved in drug trafficking, extortion, prostitution, violence and generally making the world a worse place to live.
An accountant with a garage queen harley is a wannabe posing as a biker, a hell's angels member with a harley is a criminal posing as a biker.

Those dudes rode. They slept on the desert sand near their bikes. Can't hate a dude who does that.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Rnr posted:

You don't live in America, do you son? :clint:

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Guy builds Gooses Mad Max bike from a Z1000.
https://www.z-power.co.uk/merchantmanager/view_information.php?pId=82

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

dietcokefiend posted:

Oh holy jesus christ

I find it fascinating when people with a certain level of...notoriety, shall we say?...post like regular joes in regular joe forums.
It's even better if they're more or less that rear end in a top hat that I thought they might be.

fake edit:

JESSEJAMES posted:

You spelled my name wrong.......
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n302/FTW1969/FTW2/ICE-BIKE/ICE-BIKE11.jpg*

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8579537&postcount=24

*{IMG} changed to {URL} for table-breakage and to preserve the original link (vs. just Waffling it up)

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Your rear end in a top hat link didn't work and I really want to see who is an rear end in a top hat. I bet it's Alton Brown, he seems like he could be a douche and he's in to motorcycles.

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

Doctor Zero posted:

You don't live in America, do you son? :clint:

Nope. But I had my fill of personal encounters with the Hell's Angels and their ilk. What, they sell girl scout cookies in the US? Son? I'm sorry, I'm sure you're implying that I'm naive, but it just seems to be the common case of people glorifying what they know little about. But hey, it looks great on pictures! :)

niethan posted:

Those dudes rode. They slept on the desert sand near their bikes. Can't hate a dude who does that.

They were the outdoors camping icon of the seventies, I'm sure ;) Really though, if that's your perspective that's cool with me. I just have a different opinion.

The Guzzi V12LM (and two other trims) were recently unveiled at the Milan MC Show:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Rnr posted:

Nope. But I had my fill of personal encounters with the Hell's Angels and their ilk. What, they sell girl scout cookies in the US? Son? I'm sorry, I'm sure you're implying that I'm naive, but it just seems to be the common case of people glorifying what they know little about. But hey, it looks great on pictures! :)

No, no. You misunderstand. I mean in the US we glorify our criminals. Bonnie & Clyde? Scarface? Mob Bosses? Serial killers? Billy the Kid? The list goes on and on. I just used "son" to sound like a cowboy. :shobon:

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 18, 2009

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

Doctor Zero posted:

No, no. You misunderstand. I mean in the US we glorify our criminals. Bonnie & Clyde? Scarface? Mob Bosses? Serial killers? Billy the Kid? The list goes on and on. I just used "son" to sound like a cowboy. :shobon:

Ah, I see, that makes sense. Sorry about going all :argh: on you on the internet. My culture receptor needs urgent fixing...

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

frozenphil posted:

Your rear end in a top hat link didn't work and I really want to see who is an rear end in a top hat. I bet it's Alton Brown, he seems like he could be a douche and he's in to motorcycles.

Jesse James. He posts around ADV frequently enough, mostly in JM. Yeah he's kind of an rear end in a top hat, but in the best possible way, not the "Oh I'm so famous" way. And half the people in the threads are usually all HAY UR NOT THE REEL JESSIE JAMS POST A PIC OF UR WIFE SHES HAWT.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Tsaven Nava posted:

Jesse James. He posts around ADV frequently enough, mostly in JM. Yeah he's kind of an rear end in a top hat, but in the best possible way, not the "Oh I'm so famous" way. And half the people in the threads are usually all HAY UR NOT THE REEL JESSIE JAMS POST A PIC OF UR WIFE SHES HAWT.
Yep.

I kinda figured that the whole "

JESSEJAMES posted:

You spelled my name wrong.......
"
thing would have been all the hint anyone needed. That and the fact that dietcokefiend's link went to one of Jesse James' posts on ADV... :D

Although, I do sheepishly admit wanting to go sample the fare at his (James', not DietCokeFiend's) restaurant in LA now.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Rnr posted:

I can't hate a man who'd sell you a thin mint or Caramel deLite, boy.

Rnr
Sep 5, 2003

blugu64 posted:

I can't hate a man who'd sell you a thin mint or Caramel deLite, boy.

Nah kiddo, those two don't even look tasty... Perhaps I'd soften my stance if they offered me some of those peanut butter patties though, drat.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Tsaven Nava posted:

I think we'd probably hate each other's guts if I ever met him in person and he seems like he's an rear end in a top hat in that "gently caress you, I'll do whatever the gently caress I want to, when I want to" kind of way.

But holy hell, the man has a way with metal:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I tried watching the episode of James' show where he used that bike. It was awful. Simply wasn't interesting and they managed to stretch about 10 minutes of material over 43 minutes.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Slim Pickens posted:

^^^Awesome video, I wish I was there to hear the bike in person.

It was awesome :)

And if anyone has never been to a flat-track race, go to one. They're an absolute riot, especially if you're sitting right by turn one where you can watch them kick the bikes sideways. I saw a guy fly completely over the guardrail, 20ft down, while slamming into a lightpost. They're insane.

Edit: The flag guy in the Kenny Roberts video was hilarious. I might have some video lying around, but he was really enjoying waving that flag around. Basically like the guy in On Any Sunday.

T-Square fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Dec 20, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

T-Square posted:

And if anyone has never been to a flat-track race, go to one. They're an absolute riot, especially if you're sitting right by turn one where you can watch them kick the bikes sideways. I saw a guy fly completely over the guardrail, 20ft down, while slamming into a lightpost. They're insane.

I'll second this. One of the best things I've seen at one was Kenny Coolbeth using his rear brake enough to make it glow while never letting off the throttle.

And while the national races are amazing, a lot of the local amateur races have crazy old guys with random vintage bikes.