Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Web Jew.0 posted:

also Team 3D weren't the only Dudleys so there's that.

Spike was in TNA as a member of 3-D for a while under the name "Brother Runt".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendFitty
May 21, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Release and folding are the best ways to powerbomb. Every powerbomb is good though, powerbombs are like pizza, even the worst kinda pizza (St. Louis style) is still edible. The worst powerbombs (Nash's) are still good.

Sorry to repost this from so many pages back, and I know we can't argue food here anymore, but you sir have made an enemy for life.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

CM Junk posted:

That is so wildly uncreative.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ultimateforce posted:

TNA is so wildly uncreative.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

CM Junk posted:

How dare you forget about Big Dick, Chubby, Sign Guy, Studley, Little Snot, and Dances With Dudley.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

LividLiquid posted:

The only question left unanswered as to gimmick stuff is why Nash still gets to call himself "Big Sexy", Steiner gets to call himself "Genetic Freak", and Daffney gets to call herself Daffney, as all three names were created under WCW, which WWE now owns.
As long as Steiner can be free to call himself the "Big Bad Booty Daddy" I can't see why anyone would care.

battlemonk
Dec 10, 2008

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

As long as Steiner can be free to call himself the "Big Bad Booty Daddy" I can't see why anyone would care.

I think Steiner would do it regardless. He doesn't seem the type to care too much about the contract's language.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

battlemonk posted:

I think Steiner ... doesn't seem the type to care too much about ... language.

Creative quoting for truth. :smugdog:

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Wazzu posted:

Second, which is totally different. Reason I say this, is that some stupid people think winning from #1 is different from winning from #2.

Obviously #2 holds a significant strategic advantage considering the time #1 spent walking to / waiting in the ring between their entrances. He could've done some extra stretching, gotten a quick bj, and/or thought of a cool plan based on his new knowledge of who his first opponent is. God, it's so simple.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

I remember an awesome mashup of Yoshi Tatsu and Undertaker's theme songs was posted earlier this year.

Could anybody link me to that post or repost the song? Thanks.

Rush Hour Renegade
Jul 8, 2008

battlemonk posted:

I think Steiner would do it regardless. He doesn't seem the type to care too much about the contract's language.

The only thing Steiner cares about are his freaks and his peaks.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Captain Charisma posted:

How dare you forget about Big Dick, Chubby, Sign Guy, Studley, Little Snot, and Dances With Dudley.
drat you for making me remember Sign Guy and his awful run as Lou E. Dangerously.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
What information about Bryan Danielson in WWE and his debut and whatnot is available.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

funmanguy posted:

What information about Bryan Danielson in WWE and his debut and whatnot is available.

He is now under WWE contract and will debut eventually.

You are caught up.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

LividLiquid posted:

drat you for making me remember Sign Guy and his awful run as Lou E. Dangerously.
Lou E Dangerously owned, as did the New Dangerous Alliance. :colbert:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

FishBulb posted:

He is now under WWE contract and will debut eventually.

You are caught up.

The only other thing known is he's still training at Xtreme Couture in Vegas while he waits.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
I wish he'd wear that 1 piece bikini thing with the awesome glasses.

He'd get over so fast

battlemonk
Dec 10, 2008

Captain Strange posted:

Creative quoting for truth. :smugdog:

I will accept this.

Rush Hour Renegade posted:

Exactly.

Incendiary Pig
Nov 3, 2006

Totally out of control

Rush Hour Renegade posted:

I don't give a poo poo how bad of a wrestler some people think he is, Scott Steiner is ALWAYS entertaining to me.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Seconded. If there was a thread only about how awesome Scott Steiner is, it would be the last thread I'd ever need.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Seconded. If there was a thread only about how awesome Scott Steiner is, it would be the last thread I'd ever need.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3158798

hope ya got archives

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

anakha posted:

I remember an awesome mashup of Yoshi Tatsu and Undertaker's theme songs was posted earlier this year.

Could anybody link me to that post or repost the song? Thanks.

I made it :)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

Lou E Dangerously owned, as did the New Dangerous Alliance. :colbert:
We disagree on this.

Incendiary Pig posted:

I don't give a poo poo how bad of a wrestler some people think he is, Scott Steiner is ALWAYS entertaining to me.
We agree on this.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

So, I'm watching InVasion, and here are some of my thoughts...
  • I don't remember the last time I saw the spot that a small package was turned over by a tag partner during a tag match.
  • Everybody was so obviously roided out.
  • I now understand X-Pac heat.
  • Somehow, Michelle McCool is a step up from Sara for the Undertaker.
  • Shawn Stasiak, Hugh Morrus, and Kanyon all come out to Mr. Perfect's theme :psyduck:
  • Why the hell was Albert ever Intercontinental Champion? (Also, that man has a giganic chest)
  • All you guys who think Big Show is out of shape now... in 2001, he was faaaaat.
  • The sound clip "How do you learn to fall from a 20ft ladder" from the old "Don't try this at home" PSA, was from this show.
  • It was previously asked "what if you swing wildly after being thrown a chair to hold?" Well, RVD still kicks that chair into your face.
  • Limp Bizkit is still cool
  • It's weird seeing DDP without rib tape.

• And most of all, I miss hot goddamn crowds.

So, my question is this... What happened to the heels in the WWF before/during the Invasion? WWF was supposed to be faces, so what was the story with them?

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

Incendiary Pig posted:

The Big Bad Booty Daddy will always have a special place in my heart.
e: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9iExw-TjTk :3:

Dragging Iron Feet fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Dec 22, 2009

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hockles posted:

[*]Shawn Stasiak, Hugh Morrus, and Kanyon all come out to Mr. Perfect's theme :psyduck:
They came out to Shawn Stasiak's theme, which was Mr. Perfect's theme remixed.

And the WWF were originally the heels in the inVasion storyline, or at least WCW were faces. The heel/face lines weren't really drawn until the night of the ECW/WCW screwjob.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

They came out to Shawn Stasiak's theme, which was Mr. Perfect's theme remixed.

And the WWF were originally the heels in the inVasion storyline, or at least WCW were faces. The heel/face lines weren't really drawn until the night of the ECW/WCW screwjob.
uh wcw was in no way the faces. it started with a lance storm run in. they were INVADING.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I'd go check some archived write-ups of the shows. Shane was a face running WCW. Vince was a heel running WWF. It didn't last long, but there it was.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It started with a Mike Awesome run in, and yeah WCW started as faces. Austin was a heel, Shane & Booker put him through a table at KOTR.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Hockles posted:

So, I'm watching InVasion, and here are some of my thoughts...
  • I don't remember the last time I saw the spot that a small package was turned over by a tag partner during a tag match.
  • Everybody was so obviously roided out.
  • I now understand X-Pac heat.
  • Somehow, Michelle McCool is a step up from Sara for the Undertaker.
  • Shawn Stasiak, Hugh Morrus, and Kanyon all come out to Mr. Perfect's theme :psyduck:
  • Why the hell was Albert ever Intercontinental Champion? (Also, that man has a giganic chest)
  • All you guys who think Big Show is out of shape now... in 2001, he was faaaaat.
  • The sound clip "How do you learn to fall from a 20ft ladder" from the old "Don't try this at home" PSA, was from this show.
  • It was previously asked "what if you swing wildly after being thrown a chair to hold?" Well, RVD still kicks that chair into your face.
  • Limp Bizkit is still cool
  • It's weird seeing DDP without rib tape.

• And most of all, I miss hot goddamn crowds.

I find it funny that the first ever WWF World Championship vs WCW World Championship match was between The Rock and Austin. The InVasion was so hosed up.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Hockles posted:

The sound clip "How do you learn to fall from a 20ft ladder" from the old "Don't try this at home" PSA, was from this show.

I can't read that sentence without being able to perfectly hear JR saying that in my head. That's what buying a ton of WWE DVDs in the course of three months will do to your head.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

triplexpac posted:

It started with a Mike Awesome run in, and yeah WCW started as faces. Austin was a heel, Shane & Booker put him through a table at KOTR.
He was right. Lance Storm ran in first.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

LividLiquid posted:

He was right. Lance Storm ran in first.

Huh, interesting. Then what was the deal when Mike Awesome ran in and won the hardcore title? Was that just them invading MSG or something? Or the WCW's first title win? I seem to remember that being a big deal.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It was. It just wasn't the first appearance of WCW on WWE television. Lance storm did a run-in on some nothing match, did a missile drop kick and ran the gently caress off.

He makes kind of a big deal about it on his website sometimes when it comes up. He was the last guy out of the building at the last WCW event and the first guy to fire a shot in the inVasion.

Deranged Hermit
Nov 10, 2004

by Tiny Fistpump

CM Junk posted:

I can't read that sentence without being able to perfectly hear JR saying that in my head. That's what buying a ton of WWE DVDs in the course of three months will do to your head.

Uh, try living with someone who has a ridiculous collection of them.

"Trainers, ambulances, EMT's..."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Everyone talks about how bad the Invasion was, but I just watched it for the first time and SummerSlam 01 was all about the Invasion and was a solid 3 or 4 star show in my mind. Disclaimer: I did not watch the Invasion angle, and so I was pretty much watching Summerslam in a vacuum.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Deranged Hermit posted:

Uh, try living with someone who has a ridiculous collection of them.

"Trainers, ambulances, EMT's..."
It's "Trainers, EMT's, Referees down"

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

projecthalaxy posted:

Everyone talks about how bad the Invasion was, but I just watched it for the first time and SummerSlam 01 was all about the Invasion and was a solid 3 or 4 star show in my mind. Disclaimer: I did not watch the Invasion angle, and so I was pretty much watching Summerslam in a vacuum.

If you saw every RAW and pay per view when it happened then you'd see why people hate the InVasion angle and it was so terrible to the point that the WWE's ratings and audience lowered because of the shittiness. Which they were never able to get back.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

2001's PPVs were probably start to finish the best year in ring for PPVs this decade. The problem is the surrounding stuff (i.e. the stuff that makes you care about said in-ring product) was some of the stupidest poo poo we will ever see. Hundreds of millions of dollars flushed down the toilet so Vince could satisfy his ego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes
I used to watch both wwf and wcw but stopped watching wcw toward the end (who wouldnt) and watched a bit of the invasion angle but then just stopped. which is a shame because i really dug a lot of the guys who got pushed after that point, i missed out on eddie's whole run up top and whatnot