Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

frankenbeans posted:

Those DSG gearboxes are the poo poo. My mate has a Seat Leon FR, and he let me have a go. It really needs to be experienced to be understood.

I want them to become more popular to increase the chances of my next car having one.
I am thinking of getting a GTI and even though the manual is slower I still don't think I can give up the fun of a proper manual with clutch and all... I really enjoy double clutching and the feeling of fast perfect shifts which I had a part of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my1999gsr
Mar 21, 2009
Here's my car - 1999 Acura Integra GSR. Bought from the original owner with 320,000 kms and every single service reciept in a folder.

Mods:

Ported and re-built head, shaved 10 thou
JDM ITR pistons
Bored to 81.50 mm
Skunk2 intake manifold with short ram/cool air
315 injectors
Crane 0012 cams with Skunk2 Pro valve springs
B&M FPR
4-1 hybrid exhaust, tapered for original muffler at axleback
7.5LB flywheel, sprung 6 puck street clutch
Chipped P28 tuned on Crome

Suspension is all 98-spec JDM ITR including rear swaybar with Hawk HP pads front and rear.

The car is in very good shape for it's mileage especially since it was winter driven in Ontario for 8 years before I got it. There's no rice mods at all - no non-OEM wing or non-OEM body kit. The muffler is a stock GSR piece as well. The interior is stock except the shift knob is a used Skunk2 to replace the beat-up OEM one. The headwork was done by a local speed shop and the drivetrain was assembled and installed by me. I had a lot of fun building it and even more fun driving it.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I haven't posted since page 2, and I've since gotten a new ride!

1997 Volvo 850 n/a, 5-speed

Actually the wife's car, but I enjoy driving it. Slow as hell but it feels like a tank.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

my1999gsr posted:

The car is in very good shape for it's mileage especially since it was winter driven in Ontario for 8 years before I got it.

Where abouts do you live? I'd love to steal see that thing. Better yet if I could coax you out to an autocross.

my1999gsr
Mar 21, 2009

Ziploc posted:

Where abouts do you live? I'd love to steal see that thing. Better yet if I could coax you out to an autocross.

I live kind of between Toronto and Ottawa in a smallish town. There's a local autocross/driving club here but I haven't had a chance to get involved yet - I didn't get the car dialed in in time. I'll probably do some Armdrop runs at Shannonville this spring before I track it.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

gleep glop posted:

[timg]http://img.waffleimages.com/f4c969bfb1661da656b36f4e83ae49d8ef72f1a5/t/IMG_0086[1][/timg]

http://img.waffleimages.com/f4c969bfb1661da656b36f4e83ae49d8ef72f1a5/IMG_0086%5B1%5D

Cobalt! :haw:

Edit: Yup shattered tables again. Man I suck.

wow....that's definitely the nicest Cobalt I've seen, although I'm not sure if that's a plus or minus.

It better be an SS.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

my1999gsr posted:

I live kind of between Toronto and Ottawa in a smallish town

Shannonville and Picton Air Force Base - two of the better driving venues around.

Kindridx
Dec 26, 2007

by Ozma
I wish it wasn't snowing tomorrow I wan't to drive it. Now driving any other car in the snow is no problem, however this scares the piss out of me just driving it on a normal road.

The beater which I love more than the Charger, yes thats my exhaust pipe and a arrow from a bow as the atenna

orange lime
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

my1999gsr posted:

I live kind of between Toronto and Ottawa in a smallish town. There's a local autocross/driving club here but I haven't had a chance to get involved yet - I didn't get the car dialed in in time. I'll probably do some Armdrop runs at Shannonville this spring before I track it.

Peterborough? Belleville? Even Kingston?

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

travisray2004 posted:

wow....that's definitely the nicest Cobalt I've seen, although I'm not sure if that's a plus or minus.

It better be an SS.

It is, you can see the boost gauge on the a-pillar.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

orange lime posted:

Peterborough? Belleville? Even Kingston?

:canada: goon trap spotted.

It'd be kind of interesting to get together a few of the Ontario racing guys together at some summer event next year.... I'd be stuck driving the Focus. :(

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

'94 Suzuki Sierra SWB JLX

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
I posted my car on the second page, but I've added and changed some more parts on it.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Sockington posted:

It'd be kind of interesting to get together a few of the Ontario racing guys together at some summer event next year.... I'd be stuck driving the Focus. :(

There is a TO area goon who drives a red bug eye WRX too.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!

TractionControl posted:

I posted my car on the second page, but I've added and changed some more parts on it.

What kind of BMW is this? E30, what a 325? What year? Never really looked at older BMWs much, but this thing looks awesome and would look even sweeter with either 4 doors or as a wagon.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

TurboLuvah posted:

What kind of BMW is this? E30, what a 325? What year? Never really looked at older BMWs much, but this thing looks awesome and would look even sweeter with either 4 doors or as a wagon.

It's a 325i.

You really prefer a 4-door to a 2-door? Are you crazy?

I'm glad Traction dumped that POS front bumper, that is my major gripe with some of the euro cars in the US, it ruins the look of the E30 front end. The front spoiler looks a lot like the one I had on my 325, although that might just be the centre vents messing with my mind. I think mine had the Alpina kit on it. Sadly mine shat its oil on the way to work one day, and never recovered. It was quite a nice car until then.

For added content, my old 850 T5:

Yeah purple. What?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

frankenbeans posted:

You really prefer a 4-door to a 2-door? Are you crazy?

Different strokes for different folks.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

TurboLuvah posted:

It's a 1990 325is. I'd love a 4door 325ix as my winter car.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

Sockington posted:

Can I come? I've got a shitbox that all of AI hates, but I love driving :)

Tsu
Jan 2, 2005

Please pee on this.
My recently restored and somewhat modified 1989 Saab 900 Turbo that I drive every season besides winter. Over 200k miles and the transmission is fine. :colbert:

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!
Goddamn that 900 looks badass with the front splitter, roof rack and absurd factory wheels.

Drozkie
Dec 7, 2009

2003 Mustang GT
3:73 gears
Kooks Long-Tube Headers w/catted x-pipe
SLP Loudmouth cat-back
Eibach sport springs -1.5"
Tokico shocks
Steeda strut and shock tower braces
CAI
Pulleys
Short Shifter

Bought it stock a few years back. Still a lot of work I want to put into it, but just dont have the time. For the record, the headers were a pain in the rear end....

my1999gsr
Mar 21, 2009
I live between Kingston and Shannonville so I should be at the track for some of the Armdrop events this spring/summer.

I'm totally down from some driving fun this spring - let's try to get an Ontario AI goon meet going once the weather gets better.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

my1999gsr posted:

I live between Kingston and Shannonville so I should be at the track for some of the Armdrop events this spring/summer.

I'm totally down from some driving fun this spring - let's try to get an Ontario AI goon meet going once the weather gets better.

This is one hell of a fun drive, if you don't mind a few bad sections of road, and having to watch for deer / wild turkeys.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

rowebot44 posted:

I guess this is also mine but I took all to good bits out.

The good bits are a Lt1.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

And a t56.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Those are going in to my sisters Nova who just happens to be moving to Oklahoma and leaving the car here for me to put it together. I don't know how soon after I finish the car how fast it will make it out to her. It should be a nice little cruzer down here.

The actual Borg Warner marked T56's found behind LT1's are in my experience are stronger than the TTC/Tremec T56's found in later applications. I am not sure why, but its not just a racist "hurr mexicans made the tremecs", because Tremec makes some of the baddest rear end trans for lots of factory and aftermarket But when GM started having them make the LS car trans, the quality control parameters went in the toilet.

My example, in my own experience having a couple nitroused small block cars running 11's with swapped in LT1 T56's trans and even running them hard enough to dust a couple ford 9" centers.

In a few friends experience running LT1 T56's with big blocks, even in heavy cars, and with nitrous without issue.

Then in my own personal experience, blowing the hell out of a GTO's trans, and seeing numerous blown up stock LS1 firebirds and camaro trans at the track.

So its not just a matter of "lol weak LT1 engines" nor a matter of "LS1 power baby!".

If you don't want to saddle the Nova with a Gen II LT1, you can find a late gen I (1pc rear main) engine. Then you can steal the hydraulic slave/master from the donor car, the flywheel/clutch/bolts from the LT1, and put the T56 in the nova with a more familiar small block setup.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
1990 Audi 200 Turbo Quattro
Inline 5cyl Manual
Dropped, new suspension
Exhaust, and other general upgrades

I love it to death, after owning 6 cars, this is without a doubt the most fun I've ever had driving.

I have since removed those gaudy headlight covers, not sure what I was thinking.

My favorite interior. It feels so comfortable, and it seems like everything fits into place exactly where it should be. Seat warmers and auto sunroof in 1990? Hell yes.

The kicker is I got it for only $2000 off of Craigslist. Haven't had a single issue with it yet; I hope and pray it continues that way.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004

Subways Jared posted:

Your rear passenger tire is clearly on backwards. Pulling water toward you and not away from the tire.

my1999gsr
Mar 21, 2009

TrueChaos posted:

This is one hell of a fun drive, if you don't mind a few bad sections of road, and having to watch for deer / wild turkeys.

I haven't run the Opinicon in a few years but I remember it being pretty fun - even in my stock, automatic 89 240SX. Another destination to head for this summer. I may finally go to Deal's Gap with some other Integra owners in the fall too - it's supposed to be a pretty good time.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

_firehawk posted:

Your rear passenger tire is clearly on backwards. Pulling water toward you and not away from the tire.

No poo poo? And I had the tire-rack mechanics do this themselves too. That's weird, thanks for pointing it out.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Subways Jared posted:

No poo poo? And I had the tire-rack mechanics do this themselves too. That's weird, thanks for pointing it out.

How dim is the stoplight output through those sweet rear light covers?

You ususally want your stoplights to be bright and instantly viewable in any circumstances, not eurohomo tight.

AnomalousBoners
Dec 22, 2007

by Ozma

Subways Jared posted:

The tire will say Rotation-> on the sidewall, you def wanna look at that.

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

my1999gsr posted:

I haven't run the Opinicon in a few years but I remember it being pretty fun - even in my stock, automatic 89 240SX. Another destination to head for this summer. I may finally go to Deal's Gap with some other Integra owners in the fall too - it's supposed to be a pretty good time.

Know any other good roads around kingston? I just generally go exploring for a few hours and see what I can find, but the Opinicon is the best I've found so far. I would PM you, but you don't seem to have them :(

rowebot44
Feb 21, 2006
B4Ctom1 the Camaro is a 94. The tare down was just to see if anything was messed up and for a small rebuild mostly rings while the engine was out of the car.

herbaceous backson
Mar 10, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

1992 F150 4x4, straight six, manual trans.

Still working some of the kinks out, but it's nearly to daily-driver level.

The 4.9 is a cool motor, but gently caress the stock intake/exhaust.

Franko
Apr 25, 2007
Best photo I have of mine (mainly due to the location)

2008 FG Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo
4.0L Straight 6 turbocharged with a 6 speed automatic gearbox

Managed to get it at trade in price with only thirty five km's on it.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Franko posted:

Best photo I have of mine (mainly due to the location)

2008 FG Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo
4.0L Straight 6 turbocharged with a 6 speed automatic gearbox

Managed to get it at trade in price with only thirty five km's on it.
Very nice. How does it go?

Franko
Apr 25, 2007

You Am I posted:

Very nice. How does it go?

Compared to my old BA XR6T the addition of 2 extra gears and a bit more grunt is nice but the major difference for me is mostly in the handling, thing will stick to the road a drat sight better on corners and you don't have the feeling of the back end trying to let go.
But yeah it goes like poo poo off a shovel and has more than enough power for someone like me, but if you boot it all the time the servo attendants will know you on a first name basis pretty quick.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

a handful of dust posted:

Still working some of the kinks out, but it's nearly to daily-driver level.

I'm digging your truck. Very clean. :hfive:

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

Baby Hitler posted:

How dim is the stoplight output through those sweet rear light covers?

You ususally want your stoplights to be bright and instantly viewable in any circumstances, not eurohomo tight.

Bright as any other taillight. A guy in Germany custom fabricates them just for 200's. A lot of attention is paid to retain OEM factory brightness. It's not some hack EBay taillight covers that would do something stupid like reduce brake lights visibility. It's applicable too since the original tail section housing there is cracked rubber and falling apart on these models by the times it's this age. The new ones I have on are practical, and visibility is not reduced at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetalGrand
Dec 25, 2009
The love of my life :3:

1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer.
I'll never sell it. EVER.
Even if it gets 10 MPG and is my daily driver.