Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Didn't he say he had to invent/find a way to gut them faster?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

On a (semi)related note, Comedy Central has picked up the Goode Family. Hurray?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I am just really disappointed we never got to see Hank, Peggy, Luanne, Bobby, and Cotton go on Family Feud. Probably against the Gribbles, including Bug and Juan Carlos.

Avarcirwen
Mar 7, 2008

Goons: The only group more socially conservative than Mormons.

Syrant posted:

Didn't he say he had to invent/find a way to gut them faster?

If I'm not mistaken they were two separate episodes, one with the quote I posted and the other where Peggy remarks to Hanks that he invented a gutting technique that is still used today.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's not hippy peace, it's Jesus peace!
JOY!!!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Peace? You'd like that, wouldn't ya, you draft dodger!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Does anyone have a cap of the coffee mug with Hank shaking hands with Cotton on Peggy's body?

Parachute
May 18, 2003

smashpro1 posted:

Peace? You'd like that, wouldn't ya, you draft dodger!

Dad, it's Jesus peace not hippie peace.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm not going to be blind forever, and as soon as I see some rear end, i'm kickin' it!

Avarcirwen
Mar 7, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I'm not going to be blind forever, and as soon as I see some rear end, i'm kickin' it!

Kasner! Served with one of your tribe in the Pacific, name was Brooklyn, know him?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Avarcirwen posted:

Kasner! Served with one of your tribe in the Pacific, name was Brooklyn, know him?

You're either blind or slow, I'll believe both!

Roflcopter
Dec 21, 2004

You know what I always say, "When you plan ahead, when things happen you will always be prepared"

Roflcopter fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Dec 24, 2009

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Co-op, eh? All those VWs in the parking lot, I just assumed it was a Unitarian church.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I always liked the Hank Goes Blind episode, just cause the dots in his eyes get all wonky.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Let's get a tree *shoots trunk of a small pine tree in the yard*

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
It's not easy to make it out because of the fact that it's not a closeup, but I think this is probably one of my favorite "someone makes a weird face" moments in this show.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Dr. Dick posted:

On a (semi)related note, Comedy Central has picked up the Goode Family. Hurray?

Some releases are saying it's on Wednesdays at 10:30. It's actually Mondays at 10.

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 25, 2009

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Of course it's loaded, you can't give a boy a toy without batteries

Valhalska
May 3, 2007

Please do not be alarmed, we are about to engage...
The Nozzle.

smashpro1 posted:

Let's get a tree *shoots trunk of a small pine tree in the yard*

Well, Dad, you know how I love to be the one to yell 'ready, aim, timber!' but I've got plans with Buck Strickland.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Dalai Lamacide posted:

^^^I think you pretty much nailed it. That end scene is one of the best Dale moments.

"I'm skeptical that you could, but intrigued that you may."

That's my favorite quote from anything, ever.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
If we don't get heat to people, then you'll be sure the electric company will!

I love how freaked out they get about it snowing, as I've heard Texans really get freaked out when it does snow.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
None of the Texans I know do, but in the south I guess we all sort of get surprised at snow slightly. It's a rare treat.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Syrant posted:

None of the Texans I know do, but in the south I guess we all sort of get surprised at snow slightly. It's a rare treat.

A friend who worked in Austin for a year has two stories, one about the day it snowed and everyone forgot how to drive and the neighbors who got into a father/son shoot out about the Cowboys.

Avarcirwen
Mar 7, 2008

bobservo posted:

"I'm skeptical that you could, but intrigued that you may."

That's my favorite quote from anything, ever.

I could quote Dale for days: "It keeps my beer from cooling my hand and my hand from warming my beer, plus it looks badass."

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

If we don't get heat to people, then you'll be sure the electric company will!

I love how freaked out they get about it snowing, as I've heard Texans really get freaked out when it does snow.

In my experience, it's not so much the snow as the ice that messes things up. It was in the 60's and 70's yesterday in most of the DFW area. Today it was snowing.

So what happens is the snow lands on the warm ground, melts, then as it stays cold, the melted snow freezes over into a massive patch of ice, making it a pain in the rear end to drive on.

I've known quite a few people from up north go :smug: "Dumbass Texans don't know how to drive in snow," only to learn that you can't really control a car on ice, especially without things like snow tires. Including an MIT trained professor from Michigan, who got up, watched the morning news footage of cars slaloming around trying to drive on the ice, went "Dumbass hicks", went out, warmed up his car, climbed in, put it in reverse, and slid straight into his neighbors fence.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 25, 2009

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

thrakkorzog posted:

Today it was snowing.

So what happens is the snow lands on the warm ground, melts, then as it stays cold, the water freezes over into a massive patch of ice, making it a pain in the rear end to drive on. I've known quite a few people from up north go :mmmsmug: "Dumbass Texans don't know how to drive in snow," only to learn that you can't really control a car on ice, especially without things like snow tires.

My experience in the south has been people down here really can't drive for poo poo normally throw in the panic that comes with snow (when it sticks) and holy poo poo we're all gonna die. Ice yeah nobody can drive in ice.

Put MP3 on my watch!

but....

TALK RADIO AND FRANK SINATRA!!!

but it's not even digital....

DRAG AND DROP!!!!! DRAG AND DROP!!!!

Why couldn't we meet The General earlier? I would have killed fiddy men for a scene with him and Cotton.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Avarcirwen posted:

I could quote Dale for days: "It keeps my beer from cooling my hand and my hand from warming my beer, plus it looks badass."

So Bill's a vole.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

So Bill's a vole.

He found his way home :unsmith:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Something is severely wrong with that child! Potential podperson, probably robot...possible podbot.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

thrakkorzog posted:

I've known quite a few people from up north go :smug: "Dumbass Texans don't know how to drive in snow," only to learn that you can't really control a car on ice, especially without things like snow tires. Including an MIT trained professor from Michigan, who got up, watched the morning news footage of cars slaloming around trying to drive on the ice, went "Dumbass hicks", went out, warmed up his car, climbed in, put it in reverse, and slid straight into his neighbors fence.

Do you really think that there isn't icy roads when it snows up north? They're actually more frequent, just because it snows far more often.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It makes sense that nobody would have snow tires or even all-year tires in Texas, though.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

As a Texan I'll admit that I pull out the camera if it snows even an inch. It's a very surprising thing to wake up and see white everywhere, or even a thin layer of frost.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

CommunistMojo posted:

Put MP3 on my watch!

but....

TALK RADIO AND FRANK SINATRA!!!

but it's not even digital....

DRAG AND DROP!!!!! DRAG AND DROP!!!!

Why couldn't we meet The General earlier? I would have killed fiddy men for a scene with him and Cotton.

You want spicy, extra spicy or one where rooster look really mad?

I love that episode.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
HOT SAUCE NOW!!!!!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Merry Christmas, Hank! I'm promotin' you to manager!

Sir, I...I love you.

Spook
Feb 25, 2002

Silence of the MOTHERFUCKING LAMBS!!

Chinaman7000 posted:

As a Texan I'll admit that I pull out the camera if it snows even an inch. It's a very surprising thing to wake up and see white everywhere, or even a thin layer of frost.

Just this morning I got a picture in my email of snow in texas.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

livingfruitvirus posted:

Merry Christmas, Hank! I'm promotin' you to manager!

Sir, I...I love you.

I was manager for 10 seconds...until i emoted.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

twistedmentat posted:

I was manager for 10 seconds...until i emoted.

Have we really gone all day without the ultimate December 25th Hank quote?

Ok then.

Christmas with the Nievcoes.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
"Where ever you were, Thank you for not inviting me."

"I wouldn't put it past a hobo."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
Bobby: He was a carpenter and his initials were J.C. What was I supposed to think?