Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Franko posted:

Compared to my old BA XR6T the addition of 2 extra gears and a bit more grunt is nice but the major difference for me is mostly in the handling, thing will stick to the road a drat sight better on corners and you don't have the feeling of the back end trying to let go.
But yeah it goes like poo poo off a shovel and has more than enough power for someone like me, but if you boot it all the time the servo attendants will know you on a first name basis pretty quick.
Very cool. Interesting to hear from a previous Falcon Turbo owner as well. Love to buy one of those beasts one day, probably just as they are phasing the straight six out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009
My ride:
2002 Toyota Corolla LE

Taken few months ago on my trip to San Fransisco. I got there from Seattle on 2 1/2 tanks of gas.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Subways Jared posted:

Bright as any other taillight. A guy in Germany custom fabricates them just for 200's. A lot of attention is paid to retain OEM factory brightness. It's not some hack EBay taillight covers that would do something stupid like reduce brake lights visibility. It's applicable too since the original tail section housing there is cracked rubber and falling apart on these models by the times it's this age. The new ones I have on are practical, and visibility is not reduced at all.

You spent a lot of time and money to look like you got kicked out of dubfest from bringing grandpa's car.

Franko
Apr 25, 2007

You Am I posted:

Very cool. Interesting to hear from a previous Falcon Turbo owner as well. Love to buy one of those beasts one day, probably just as they are phasing the straight six out.

If you do try and hunt one down try for a BA mk.II or above for the 6 speed auto if an auto is what you're after, and try to avoid anything with more than about 130k on the clock. Also make sure you have a good look at the brakes and look at maybe upgrading the front rotors if they look a bit worn.

Franko fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Dec 26, 2009

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Franko posted:

If you do try and hunt one down try for a BA mk.II or above for the 6 speed auto if an auto is what you're after, and try to avoid anything with more than about 130k on the clock. Also make sure you have a good look at the brakes and look at maybe upgrading the front rotors if they look a bit worn.
I think it was the BF when they got the 6 speed gearbox and the better front brakes from the Territory.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

09 Fit Sport, picked up on Monday with 8 miles, to replace the Civic. Bonus peeks of 91 Mazda B2200 in the background.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Tiki Powers
Jul 19, 2005
If your friendship can survive this, your not playing dirty enough

MetalGrand posted:

The love of my life :3:

1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer.
I'll never sell it. EVER.
Even if it gets 10 MPG and is my daily driver.

Agreed the day I lose mine is the day I can't fix it anymore, and that requires the loss of both my hands.

Franko
Apr 25, 2007

You Am I posted:

I think it was the BF when they got the 6 speed gearbox and the better front brakes from the Territory.

My apologies you are correct the MK II got the 6 speed manual transmission upgrade according to wiki.

Scottw330
Jan 24, 2005

Please, Hammer,
Don't Hurt Em :(

Imperador do Brasil posted:

09 Fit Sport, picked up on Monday with 8 miles, to replace the Civic. Bonus peeks of 91 Mazda B2200 in the background.

Are the seats as magical as they say they are?

I love hondas so much for some reason.

Harreh
Nov 10, 2009
1988 AW11 MR2 MK1 Series 2 Targa top

Had 180k kms on it when I brought it 6 months ago, now up to 220.

Currently as it stands it was a JDM Supercharged model which had the SC motor replaced with an NA Smallport for licensing reasons with the previous owner.

Currently its my daily driver and I'm hoping to pickup a new daily shortly.

Car is going under a full restoration process and upgrading, I'm in the midst of building a new 4AGZE (supercharged) for it however it will be using a twinscrew setup, cams, standalone, 8.9:1 compression, fully rebuilt from the ground up.

Needless to say I pulled that crappy mesh off the front that the old owner put on as soon as I found a replacement front grill.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

My new MX-5

I'm looking forward to Gapping it this spring

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Harreh posted:

That is one VERY clean AW11. Jealous.

The whole N/A swap is a bit :psyduck:

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Taking a guess here, but NSW plates and an N/A swap would lead towards the previous owner being a P-plater, which means no turbos, SCs, V8s, or fast sixes. Presumably they just picked up a cheap NA motor, swapped it in with the intention of putting the blown one back in once they got a full licence.

2ndclasscitizen fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 27, 2009

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Taking a guess here, but NSW plates and an N/A swap would lead towards the previous owner being a P-plater, which means no turbos, SCs, V8s, or fast sixes. Presumably they just picked up a cheap NA motor, swapped it in with the intention of putting the blown one back in once they got a full licence.

Is that a "P" plate hanging down from his car in the third picture? Or just some random letter p?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That is indeed a P-plate. I hadn't noticed that. This explains the regs. Like most of the things the RTA does with new drivers, it's a good idea, executed in an utterly moronic way.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The Sicilian posted:

Is that a "P" plate hanging down from his car in the third picture? Or just some random letter p?
Probationary driver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver%27s_licence_in_Australia

MetalGrand
Dec 25, 2009

autophreak posted:

Agreed the day I lose mine is the day I can't fix it anymore, and that requires the loss of both my hands.

Oh man I agree. What year do you have?

Sorry if you already posted, too many pages to go through.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Scottw330 posted:

Are the seats as magical as they say they are?

I love hondas so much for some reason.

Yeah the whole car is pretty spectacular, considering what you pay for it. More neat stuff than I can shake a stick at, too.

Tiki Powers
Jul 19, 2005
If your friendship can survive this, your not playing dirty enough

MetalGrand posted:

Oh man I agree. What year do you have?

Sorry if you already posted, too many pages to go through.

'86 M1009 CUCV K5 Blazer. Haven't posted it yet as it currently undergoing some changes.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Had to ditch my '97 ranger and '89 wagoneer but also picked up an '09 Suzuki SX4 for about 16k. You'll never find an awesomer car for such little monies.

Gingerbread House Music fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Dec 27, 2009

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Here's one of ours, although it is for sale now due to the fact we have a dog and it's a bit impractical

Click here for the full 800x533 image.

pmMike
Mar 6, 2009
1.1L 2000 Pug 206 LX. I bought it for £400 2 years ago and have spent about that much fixing stuff on it. It understeers like you would not believe and is slow as hell with more than one person in it, but still my pride and joy :3:

sw0cb
Feb 18, 2007

a handful of dust posted:

1992 F150 4x4, straight six, manual trans.

Still working some of the kinks out, but it's nearly to daily-driver level.

The 4.9 is a cool motor, but gently caress the stock intake/exhaust.

I want your truck so loving bad.

PunkboySL2
Oct 9, 2007

It's magic! I can make my bike fly through the air!

Am i crazy? probably. From left to right: soon to be daily (95SC2 w/127k), current daily driver (96SL2 w/211k), and turdbo project (94SC2 w/ 120k-ish).

My current daily has a rebuilt bottom end w/ a ported head and cams, bolt ons, and some suspenion mods. It's a peppy, decently fun daily driver that gets good gas mileage, but the frame is starting to rust a bunch so it's time to trade out. Also these car are pretty easy to work on now since I know waayyy too much about them.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

PunkboySL2 posted:

Am i crazy? probably. From left to right: soon to be daily (95SC2 w/127k), current daily driver (96SL2 w/211k), and turdbo project (94SC2 w/ 120k-ish).

My current daily has a rebuilt bottom end w/ a ported head and cams, bolt ons, and some suspenion mods. It's a peppy, decently fun daily driver that gets good gas mileage, but the frame is starting to rust a bunch so it's time to trade out. Also these car are pretty easy to work on now since I know waayyy too much about them.

Neat gravel, what kind of car do you have?

Hermansen
Sep 2, 2006

Breaker, Breaker,
High Ball, Ten Ten,
Till We Do It Again,
Captain Slow.

Brawnwrong posted:

Here's one of ours, although it is for sale now due to the fact we have a dog and it's a bit impractical

Click here for the full 800x533 image.

That looks really clean, and I love your license plate!

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

D C posted:

Neat gravel, what kind of car do you have?

It almost looked like a bunch of 944s at first.

Is this the car equivalent of fat girls myspace angles?

ab0z
Jun 28, 2008

by angerbotSD

goatse guy posted:

It almost looked like a bunch of 944s at first.

Is this the car equivalent of fat girls myspace angles?

He has a couple of SC2s and an SL2. How detailed of pictures do you want?

sacre
Jan 26, 2007

Harreh posted:

Had 180k kms on it when I brought it 6 months ago, now up to 220.

Currently as it stands it was a JDM Supercharged model which had the SC motor replaced with an NA Smallport for licensing reasons with the previous owner.

Currently its my daily driver and I'm hoping to pickup a new daily shortly.

Car is going under a full restoration process and upgrading, I'm in the midst of building a new 4AGZE (supercharged) for it however it will be using a twinscrew setup, cams, standalone, 8.9:1 compression, fully rebuilt from the ground up.

Needless to say I pulled that crappy mesh off the front that the old owner put on as soon as I found a replacement front grill.

Have you come across the australian mr2 forum? I used to post on there when I had my sw20, lots of good info there.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

sacre posted:

Have you come across the australian mr2 forum? I used to post on there when I had my sw20, lots of good info there.

mr2oc.com is all you need for a mr2 forum.

sacre
Jan 26, 2007

Negromancer posted:

mr2oc.com is all you need for a mr2 forum.

That's true, but its good to have a freindly, local forum and I think the NSW guys are quite active. Its also very closley linked to the owners club and they have at least one run a month.

OMGLOLetcetc
Feb 13, 2008
Victim Of The '08 Account Hijackings :(

Click here for the full 603x452 image.

2000 Dodge Dakota. 38,000 Miles on it. It's really fun to drive.
RWD is something new to me. Always had a 4x4. Still getting used to driving in the snow/ice.

OMGLOLetcetc fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Dec 31, 2009

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

ab0z posted:

He has a couple of SC2s and an SL2. How detailed of pictures do you want?

Not detailed but at least visible, I mean man alive you can't see anything besides maybe front bumpers very easily.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

rubbersoul posted:

Not detailed but at least visible, I mean man alive you can't see anything besides maybe front bumpers very easily.

Post your own gravel driveway!

rubbersoul
Oct 11, 2007
curse you mop toppers!

Sockington posted:

Post your own gravel driveway!

Click here for the full 685x1024 image.

Click here for the full 1024x679 image.

Click here for the full 1024x685 image.

Click here for the full 685x1024 image.

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009
The C32 AMG

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
A Twofer!

I own a '97 M3.
On my first (41 hour long) date with Jendywo, we went to see The Watchmen at the Westminster (CO) Promenade. Who should happen to have an open parking space next to him?

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

We still haven't met in person.

Meathole
Jul 25, 2007
Boy's have penises and girls have vaginas
Awesome C32, I've always loved those cars! The blue glass looks sweet, I've never seen one without additional tint on the windows.

I about jumped on a C32/SLK32 myself until I got extremely lucky and found its cousin for what amounts to a steal.

The E55 AMG

Edit: If someone posts an S/CL/SL 65 AMG right after this I'll be the happiest guy in the world.

Meathole fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 2, 2010

-A n i m 8-
Feb 5, 2009

Meathole posted:

The E55 AMG

Great looking car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Smasher
Feb 17, 2004
Gay for Gunbound
My baby is a daily driven Lotus Exige.