Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

bison wings posted:

Nobody really dies in the rifts, they just get transported to a White Wolf game.

Wouldn't that be a Palladium game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

Brannock posted:

I think everyone is missing that someone important to Girard died in the Rift, and it may have been Soon's fault. That, on top of how this message was seemingly recorded soon after, seems to be a reasonable explanation for Girard's attitude.
Basically, yea.

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT

Brannock posted:

I think everyone is missing that someone important to Girard died in the Rift, and it may have been Soon's fault. That, on top of how this message was seemingly recorded soon after, seems to be a reasonable explanation for Girard's attitude.

Kraagor died, I think this is the first we've heard of it being anyone's fault. while Girard could just be a dick it was implied that Kraagor's death is what broke up the party

edit: oh hey another page and a link to that specific comic

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Idran posted:

Wouldn't that be a Palladium game?

Either way, fate worse than death.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
granted, telling them to close the rift while the Dwarf was in melee with Snarl wasn't a nice move, but trying to convince the mid-raged barbarian to move probably wouldn't have worked.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Why are people thinking that these guys are still alive? Soon transfered the Guard to Shojo's father just before he died.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Cuchulain posted:

granted, telling them to close the rift while the Dwarf was in melee with Snarl wasn't a nice move, but trying to convince the mid-raged barbarian to move probably wouldn't have worked.

If you look, there is a claw of the Snarl poking out. They were keeping it back so that it could be sealed. THe dwarf understood the risks, and if Soon was thinking of the safety of the world, then the chance one or both might not escape was worth it.

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

GigaPeon posted:

Why are people thinking that these guys are still alive? Soon transfered the Guard to Shojo's father just before he died.

According to the comic linked above, it was 66 years ago, so, depending on how old they were at the time, sure, why not? Halfling would be pretty old, but sure. Girard? He looked kinda half-elvy to me but even if he was a human, he could still be around, especially since he was a MU. The Druid? Elf. Probably still around (although I seem to remember something about that gate being destroyed already for some reason, so I dunno.)

Hell, we'll probably run into the halfling and it'll be Belkar's Nana or something.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

navyjack posted:

According to the comic linked above, it was 66 years ago, so, depending on how old they were at the time, sure, why not? Halfling would be pretty old, but sure. Girard? He looked kinda half-elvy to me but even if he was a human, he could still be around, especially since he was a MU. The Druid? Elf. Probably still around (although I seem to remember something about that gate being destroyed already for some reason, so I dunno.)

Hell, we'll probably run into the halfling and it'll be Belkar's Nana or something.

Not to spoil Start of Darkness too much but.. yeah, the Elf is not around, in the conventional sense.

trevalyan
May 13, 2009

Karma is often harder on the woman, etc.

Maldraedior posted:

Kraagor died, I think this is the first we've heard of it being anyone's fault. while Girard could just be a dick it was implied that Kraagor's death is what broke up the party

edit: oh hey another page and a link to that specific comic

I'm not 100% sure that Kraagor even is dead. Don't forget, if you don't find a body, it may not be true. Maybe he's in the alternate universe the Snarl inhabits?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

As far as I could see, the whole conflict was between Dorukan and Girard vs. Soon. Serini didn't want them to fight, and Lirian obviously at least still liked Dorukan. I find it strange that both party mages seem to harbor such hatred towards Soon. You wouldn't think either would forge a strong enough bond with the party's barbarian to want to kill Soon over his death. I guess Dorukan's words suggest Soon cared more about the quest than he did about his friends.

It's too bad Rich has said he won't be doing any more side books. An Order of the Scribble book would be pretty drat interesting.

The Werle
Aug 8, 2005

Fireworks for Christmas is absolutely American
Can somebody link where these flashbacks occur? All I remember is the stuff from Start of Darkness and OotPCs

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

The Werle posted:

Can somebody link where these flashbacks occur? All I remember is the stuff from Start of Darkness and OotPCs

The whole flashback starts here: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0273.html

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
New strip!

Anomalous
Jun 27, 2004

by R. Guyovich

DaveWoo posted:

New strip!

Oh great now my eyes are filthy thanks a lot

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

New strip!

Aw, c'mon. If you're going to quote that thread, you should at least show this classy motherfucker.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

DrakePegasus posted:

Aw, c'mon. If you're going to quote that thread, you should at least show this classy motherfucker.

Since when have skeletons had eyelids? :wtc:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Umbra Dubium posted:

Since when have skeletons had eyelids? :wtc:

Probably about the same time they started walking around with robes and casting spells.

sfwarlock
Aug 11, 2007

Anomalous posted:

Oh great now my eyes are filthy thanks a lot

That bedirties your eyes? Pfft. Try this one:

Looks like Haley shaves more than just her "legs and pits"

sfwarlock fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 21, 2009

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I sure do like how everyone looks like 12 year olds. Is that Elan?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Soonmot posted:

I sure do like how everyone looks like 12 year olds. Is that Elan?

It seems to be making out with something in a skimpy outfit, so probably.

Also I like to pretend that liches and the like have a natural spell-like ability that gives them illusory eyelids or whatever they want so they can show emotion when they choose.

I mean, what's more humiliating - a demilich imprisoning you, or a demilich imprisoning you while doing Groucho Marx eyebrows to piss you off?

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

Xykon probably made bony eyelids just for a Charisma bonus, or something. Note that the comic actually shows evidence that he has them.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0096.html
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0376.html
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0416.html

To be honest, if I were an undead abomination lacking the ability to ever sleep again, finding a way to close my eyes would be a priority just for sanity's sake.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I imagine that the process of transitioning between "living being" and "undead abomination" changes one sufficiently to redefine "sanity".

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

sfwarlock posted:

That bedirties your eyes? Pfft. Try this one:

Looks like Haley shaves more than just her "legs and pits"

Well the redrawn comics are good for what they are, I suppose, but they are obviously pretty amateur. I just can't get over how two dimensional the two grunts were drawn.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
They look like if that Setsuled guy finally got better at drawing.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

I just got/read through "Don't Split the Party." It was fantastic. The bonus stuff answered a lot of questions, and foreshadowed some awesome stuff, including the fact that O'Chul has not yet ceased to be very important. It also has a roadmap of his post-Xykon scars.

I'm REALLY looking forward to next year.

Dooey
Jun 30, 2009
Just got On The Origin of PC's and Start of Darkness for Christmas, so I can finally read all those spoilers, yay!

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

sfwarlock posted:

Either way, fate worse than death.

Depends. A DnD character thrown into the World of Darkness could make herself queen of the world pretty quickly. The same character thrown into Exalted is going to end up someone's dinner, henchman or lover just as quickly.

Amused Frog
Sep 8, 2006
Waah no fair my thread!

New comic.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

And that's the first book chapter, easy. Going by tradition we're about to cut away to another side. High odds on Xykon, Nale, or one of the unrevealed sides of the "at least nine" Rich said the roaches were right about in Don't Split The Party.

Low odds on Miko's Afterlife Adventure.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Wonder where Elan found a stick in the middle of the desert? Unless he's been carrying THAT stick around since On the Origin of PCs, which I wouldn't put past him.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Mylan posted:

Wonder where Elan found a stick in the middle of the desert? Unless he's been carrying THAT stick around since On the Origin of PCs, which I wouldn't put past him.

It is that stick.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Maximum weight based inventories mean you can carry as much junk as you drat well please completely out of sight as long as the total is under your maximum allowed value.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Shugojin posted:

Maximum weight based inventories mean you can carry as much junk as you drat well please completely out of sight as long as the total is under your maximum allowed value.

Says in the rulebook chalk and candles don't have weight. Guess I can have a billion of them :smug:

MelvinTheJerk
Jun 4, 2001

I'm still here.

crime fighting hog posted:

Says in the rulebook chalk and candles don't have weight. Guess I can have a billion of them :smug:

You are robbed by bandits hired by the local chalk and candle baron.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

Would this be a good time for a new thread? It's a new year, there's probably a plot shift coming up, and newcomers to the thread are still being introduced to OOTS with Miko and The Great Alignment Fight.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

HKR posted:

It is that stick.

I haven't read origin of the pc's, but isn't that the stick they are the order of?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

sansuki posted:

I haven't read origin of the pc's, but isn't that the stick they are the order of?

It looks exactly the same.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
:siren:New Strip:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

LightWarden posted:

:siren:New Strip:siren:

Wow, that's a whole lot of words just to say "no, a double-bluff would be an unnecessary risk on Girard's part".