Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Zeitgueist posted:

poo poo luck. They're not any rarer than the other figures.

It isn't poo poo luck, he's not in the recent 7/8/9 refresher case everyone is finding. He hasn't been in any case that's shipped since August.

It's like saying it's poo poo luck not to find a ML1 Iron Man in a store today because he was produced in decent numbers years ago.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Dec 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Fish Of Doom posted:

It isn't poo poo luck, he's not in the recent 7/8/9 refresher case everyone is finding. He hasn't been in any case that's shipped since August.

It's like saying it's poo poo luck not to find a ML1 Iron Man in a store today because he was produced in decent numbers year ago.

Again, the figures are not produced in any different numbers. They set a total number of a production run, and give percentages for each figure. All figures are done equally. Variants may be a certain percentage of each figure's run.

How do you know that only certain figures are being shipped? Do you work at a store and are checking each case?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

No, actually this is a new case packout with Beetle and Booster from wave 7, Hawkgirl and Parademon from wave 8, and Deadshot from wave 9. I forgot who else is in it, but there are a few others, and no Gentleman Ghosts. I saw the remnants of this wave at Target last week, with the first Deadshot I ever saw at retail, after my wife paid $18 to get me one from an LCS. Hawkgirl did not come with a CnC part (just a stand), so I'm assuming the others don't have CnC parts either.

This is exactly what is in the case. Other figures were Black Canary, Green Arrow, and The Flash of that Worlds Greatest Superhero packaging.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Zeitgueist posted:

How do you know that only certain figures are being shipped? Do you work at a store and are checking each case?

There are several action figure news sites that get information on what figures are included in what cases. I know on Fwoosh, there are several people there who either a) own their own online toy store and know what case packouts are, b)order directly from china and have cases shipped to them, or c) work at retail stores and see what are in the cases.

Hawkgirl, Dr Fate, Parademon, Deadshot, Canary, Green Arrow, Booster, Beetle, Flash, and Green Lantern is the case that's being shipped to targets and TRUs right now. The availability of the figure is due to which cases Mattel sticks it in, and if any retailers order it. The only case Gentleman Ghost has ever been in was ordered in extremely low quantities to major retailers because of the oversupply of wave 7. So the only place to get Gentleman Ghost ever was at very few targets around the country or online, which sold out months ago. People can't find him because he's not being shipped in anymore cases and what initial shipments of wave 8 there were are long gone. Retailers can no longer order a case from mattel that has him in it.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Alright I'll check at work after the break but I did specifically confirm that he is not any rarer than any other figure.

Maybe there's a ton of him chilling in a warehouse somewhere.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

Your Mix: INFERIOR! Soundwave's Best of Emo: SUPERIOR!
Sup Poozers!

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Zeitgueist posted:

Alright I'll check at work after the break but I did specifically confirm that he is not any rarer than any other figure.

Maybe there's a ton of him chilling in a warehouse somewhere.

Wouldn't if he didn't get many orders the first time around, there'd be an abundance of him somewhere and he'd end up in a random pack like this case we're all seeing?

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

The Rage posted:

Wouldn't if he didn't get many orders the first time around, there'd be an abundance of him somewhere and he'd end up in a random pack like this case we're all seeing?

For the most part, retailers buy an assortment, which means that Mattel sends you a mix of characters, usually at a set percentage. For these figures, it's spread evenly among the characters. Which means that you shouldn't be missing a certain character, so I'll look into it.

You can order some like, the A-list characters, on an individual basis.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
:siren:Detolfs on sale at ikea for 19.99 on the 29th!:siren: One per person, though, so bring a friend.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

profbobo posted:

Holy poo poo. Bravo Hot Toys.

That's outstanding.

Recently I scored one of the NECA 7" figures, though, and it loving rules (for a 7" figure).

Click here for the full 641x1499 image.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So if I bought a DCUC figure at Wal-Mart the other day, and I have a different DCUC figure that I no longer want, will they freak out if I return the other figure if the second half of the UPC number is different?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

The Rage posted:

So if I bought a DCUC figure at Wal-Mart the other day, and I have a different DCUC figure that I no longer want, will they freak out if I return the other figure if the second half of the UPC number is different?
They do not give a poo poo as long as you have a receipt and for the 15 or so days after Christmas you don't even need one of those. Scrape together your packaging if you can find it and be like "yeah, I got my little brother the wrong one" and the person doing the return will do it and be thankful you aren't screaming at them.

Even though I made fun of the Avatar toys earlier I am going to spend some of my Christmas money on one of the battle suits and the bad guy to put in it because now I think they are rad.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

They do not give a poo poo as long as you have a receipt and for the 15 or so days after Christmas you don't even need one of those. Scrape together your packaging if you can find it and be like "yeah, I got my little brother the wrong one" and the person doing the return will do it and be thankful you aren't screaming at them.

Even though I made fun of the Avatar toys earlier I am going to spend some of my Christmas money on one of the battle suits and the bad guy to put in it because now I think they are rad.

Rockin. Its still in packaging and everything, its just one of the variant Captain Atoms and I don't give gently caress all about it.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Just got back from an insane Super Target. The JLU 6-packs are all on clearance for $20.98 (marked down from $30), and they may even get lowered in the days to come. This store had several of the set with Mr. Terrific/Hourman/Eclipso/older Supergirl/red and blue Elongated Man/Superman, the Dr. Polaris/Tala/Psycho-Pirate/Devil Ray/Gentleman Ghost/Luthor set, and the newer set with Eclipso and five basic heroes with purple "shard" repaints. There is also a 6-pack with the prominent Thanagarians from "Starcrossed," but this store didn't have any left.

The 3-pack pegs were stuffed with Blackhawk, Superfriends, and Waller/Eiling sets, but none of the newest wave with Captains Cold and Boomerang (the 3-pack I wanted).

racecardriver
Apr 27, 2009
My girlfriend got me this for Christmas. I'll post a pic when the arrive.

http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Muntant-Ninja-Turtle-Black/dp/B001EMG7TQ/ref=pd_sim_t_2

I am so incredibly pumped. She also got me hardcovers of GL: Secret Origin and Marvel 1602. Best girlfriend ever.

racecardriver fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 3, 2010

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

AlkalinePunk posted:

Sup Poozers!

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Not much, sup with you?

Kilowog is my favorite C+C figure.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Awesome pics, can't wait till Wednesday when my set is supposed to arrive!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just want that Question. God do I want that figure.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Joe Fisto posted:

Not much, sup with you?

Kilowog is my favorite C+C figure.

What, no variant Deadman?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Zeitgueist posted:

What, no variant Deadman?

I didn't see one. I'm not huge on variants anyway.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Joe Fisto posted:

I didn't see one. I'm not huge on variants anyway.

I was mostly ragging on you. There's a version with translucent limbs.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

yeah I got that one cause I am a sucker for variants =P

Also Kilowags head is fun to play with cause it is soft and rubbery.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

profbobo posted:

:siren:Detolfs on sale at ikea for 19.99 on the 29th!:siren: One per person, though, so bring a friend.

Thanks for the heads up. I grabbed one today, good deal.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...

AlkalinePunk posted:

Also Kilowags head is fun to play with cause it is soft and rubbery.

This may sound silly but I'm a sucker for those rubbery appendages and heads. The Batman/Clayface two pack had a Clayface figure with two rubbery arms and it was a fantastic surprise for me. I really think it lends well to the fluidity of the character, what with him being an ever-shifting mass of sentient clay.

I'm really looking forward to picking up Wave 11, but I'm still trying to get the rest of Wave 10 first. The refresher waves for 7, 8 and 9 have hit all the retailers in my area pretty full on now, too and doesn't help with the situation. Wave 11 might just have to wait for now. How long do you all think Matty Collector will continue having Wave 11 available for purchase on their website, anyway? If they're not going to be up there long I may just throw them on the credit card as this wave really does have a nice lineup.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Probably a long shot, but any chance someone has one of the following for something near cost and shipping?

Cyborg Superman (either the little one, or the big one, or the new one with the rings) or Blackest Knight Superman 2?

In or out of the package is fine, I mainly need them for a friend who needs em for reference on a sculpture.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Picked up 3 more packs of Action League figures. They're just so gosh-darned cute!

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
According to the new DST Q&A, the BSG Starbuck/Leoben, Boomer/Athena and Tigh/Gaeta 2-packs are pretty much ready to be released any time now, so I hope we will see them within the next 2 or 3 months. I'm really only interested in the Starbuck/Leoben pack, but depending on how it turns out I may pick up the Boomer/Athena pack too. Still no concrete set date on the leader wave 4 and the next TRU wave. Here's the link to the Q&A- http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2009/12/ask-dst-68/#more-2153

Unfortunately it looks like Stargate SG1 series 5 will probably never come out. It's too bad I wanted the Dress Blues Jack and my wife really wanted the Horus Guard figure.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Picked up 3 more packs of Action League figures. They're just so gosh-darned cute!

I picked up Batman and Joker the other day. My mini SHS-style shelf is crazy now with DC, Marvel, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Hellboy, and Toy Story.

Got Wave 11 today. Killowog might be the best DC build a figure yet. I didn't think anything could top Chemo, but he's coming pretty close. I think the coolest thing about him is the gloss they put around to mouth and snout to look like drool or moisture.

Also got variant Deadman, which is funny because Matty said that one was retail exclusive. Oh well, he's the one I wanted anyway.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Fish Of Doom posted:

Also got variant Deadman, which is funny because Matty said that one was retail exclusive. Oh well, he's the one I wanted anyway.

My guess is they have no way to determine what you're getting in each box, since the two figures have the same product number. They probably just didn't want to guarantee it in the box.

AlkalinePunk
Oct 2, 2003

So my LCBS got in the first shipment of wave 12 and I am torn I kind of want a Darksied but am pretty meh overall with all the figures in that wave other than the gimmick Spectre. The Dr. Midnight and Iron are kind of like hey those are cool, but I do not need them and the rest are really I just do not care. Is Darksied worth the 105 dollars that is the question =(.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

AlkalinePunk posted:

Is Darksied worth the 105 dollars that is the question =(.

Darkseid is!

Other suitable responses include:

Anti-Life is the answer!

Buy for Darkseid!

Anti-Life justifies my purchase!

Give in!

Anti-Life, the choice that's made for you!

If the new one is anything like the previous Darkseid the Four Horseman made, yeah, it could very well be worth it. That one was made in a way that his skin felt significantly different from his suit (almost chalky), and had Kirby-tech on his feet. He still stands watching everything in my room.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I got a BSG Red Stripe Cylon for Christmas... it's a Toys R Us Exclusive. I'm not normally a "Mint in sealed package!!!!!" kind of guy, but is this thing going to be worth anything one day or should I just open it?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

AlkalinePunk posted:

So my LCBS got in the first shipment of wave 12 and I am torn I kind of want a Darksied but am pretty meh overall with all the figures in that wave other than the gimmick Spectre. The Dr. Midnight and Iron are kind of like hey those are cool, but I do not need them and the rest are really I just do not care. Is Darksied worth the 105 dollars that is the question =(.

Some people may be satisfied with their smaller DCSH Darkseid and might not want to complete the wave just for him, so you may want to find people like that online and sell the figures to them at a slight discount, so you can keep the parts. Or conversely, buy the parts off them.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I got a BSG Red Stripe Cylon for Christmas... it's a Toys R Us Exclusive. I'm not normally a "Mint in sealed package!!!!!" kind of guy, but is this thing going to be worth anything one day or should I just open it?

As far as I know, it's not a rare figure at all, despite its status as an "exclusive". We've got oodles of them at every TRU in this area. I say open it!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I can't believe how lucky I got. I was walking around a Wal-Mart which has never carried DCUC figures before, and I happen to find the entire Wave 11 set there! I can't believe a store that never has DCUC had all the new figures while every store that usually does carry them only has Cyborgs and Wonder Women.

racecardriver
Apr 27, 2009
I picked this up at a store called Tuesday Morning, which sells overstocked items for huge discounts. I apologize for the pic's quality; I don't have a real camera, so I had to use the iPhone. It's Steve Irwin, and he came with a crocodile. So worth the $1.99 I paid for it, though I wish it would have come with a stingray (with heart-impaling action!).

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I would go ahead and open it, the Cylons (both modern and retro) in all of thier variants seem pretty readily available, and DST seems to even be re-releasing alot of thier previous Cylon Variants again. The only one that I know of that would be worth any significant amount is the black steath Cylon, which I think was a NYCC exclusive, but I've even heard rumors of that figure being re-released too.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

My local wal-mart skipped right over wave 10 and put out wave 11. Grabbed John Stewart and the Superman without red eyes from the two pack.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...
Sloooooowly getting all of DCUC Wave 10. Picked up Forager and Beast Boy, going early next week for Man-Bat, Robotman and Joker hopefully. Does anybody else's Beast Boy have EXTREMELY large inner thigh muscles? We're talking so big that his legs don't come together properly enough to stand. Not to mention it looks rather strange...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
Found a manbat today. Now I only need a joker to complete the ones I want from that wave. Also, walmart has the rest of their ares wave at half price. Lots of iron men, war machines, and scarlet spiders if anyone wants one.