Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I now hate the rifftrax guys for getting me to watch Titanic. What an awful poo poo-pile that was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I found this two part interview Marvel.com did with Bill Corbett. Of course, the guy has to be a Marvel fanboy just for dropping a goddamn Toxin reference in the Happening Riff.

This is the important part:

quote:

Marvel.com: The latest live event was a Christmas-themed special. I went to the "Plan 9" special, and I was amazed at how well it worked in a live setting, because "MST3K" and RiffTrax are relatively quiet experiences. But it was so much fun in the theater. Is this going to become a regular thing?

Bill Corbett: Well, thank you. I love doing live stuff. And yeah, I don't know if this is official or not yet, but it's looking like we're gonna do a bunch of these next year. At least three, I think, after the Christmas thing. The first show was really successful. We were very pleased.

I also got a kick out of how Brian Michael Bendis (Marvel's top writer guy who practically redefined Daredevil over the course of five years) told Corbett how much he loved the Daredevil Riff.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Are the three christmas shorts that were just release recorded from the live show, or are they re-record using the same/similar jokes? I would like to get the clips/jokes from the event that I saw, otherwise I'll wait for the show to be put on DVD.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

IUG posted:

Are the three christmas shorts that were just release recorded from the live show, or are they re-record using the same/similar jokes? I would like to get the clips/jokes from the event that I saw, otherwise I'll wait for the show to be put on DVD.

The lines are the same (except you get to hear the three missing lines that came after "Rudolph, I need you tonight"). I'm sure they recorded the shorts first.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Here's another short from the live show, The Night Before Christmas, is now available.

I figure they'll release the swimming short and, hopefully, the pork short soon.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Time for the traditional "Star Wars Holiday Special" viewing. So painful, but so good.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

MY FANTASYS.zip posted:

Time for the traditional "Star Wars Holiday Special" viewing. So painful, but so good.

I just woke up and will be awake straight through Christmas. I guess there's never been a better time to finally get around to seeing (the rest of) this abomination. With the rifftrax as a bonus.

Plus all the South Park christmas episodes.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Christmas Dream is by far the best of the three. "I'm coming for youuuuuuuuu!"

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Man, "One Got Fat" is actually loving disturbing to me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You can now learn about Quality, Freshness, and Flavor at Rifftrax.com!

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/three-magic-words

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Deadpool posted:

You can now learn about Quality, Freshness, and Flavor at Rifftrax.com!

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/three-magic-words

And now we have to get the swimming short.

I'm downloading Three Magic Words again because the first time the video was pixelating like crazy.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Mister Kingdom posted:

And now we have to get the swimming short.

And here it is.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
And this Friday...one of the great epics of hilarity comes to an end...

Return of the Jedi. For sixteen years, it was widely regarded as the worst chapter in the Star Wars saga. We now look back upon this period of time, appalled and embarrassed at how naive we were. For while Return of the Jedi may be slow to get started, while it may delay the final confrontation between Luke and Vader in favor of an endless Ewok/Stormtrooper battle, while it may feature C3PO as its main character for the first twenty minutes and while it may have killed off Salacious Crumb instead of making him the focus of the entire movie, consider this: nobody utters the line "Yippee".

Return of the Jedi begins where The Empire Strikes Back left off: with George Lucas deciding which scenes to ruin by inserting a musical number by a hideous creature named Sy Snootles, who sounds like Disembaudio did before he took singing lessons. The dance scene is vital to the plot: how were we, the audience members supposed to know whether or not Jedi rocked, unless there was a song included in the movie named "Jedi Rocks"? Yes, the song is sung in a foreign tongue and the only way you'd know it was called "Jedi Rocks" was if you bought the soundtrack, but ignoring those irrelevant points, we can finally conclude after watching six episodes of Star Wars, a task that would take up well over half of one day of your life, that Jedi do in fact, Rock.

Fans of puppets, Hutts and metal bikinis: your ship has come in. Cancel your weekend trip to the Great Pit of Carkoon, boil up a big bowl of Tatooine paddy frogs and call up your buddy Nien Numb to come sit next to you even though you don't speak the same language: we're finally riffing Return of the Jedi.

As this is the final chapter in the Star Wars saga for RiffTrax to tackle, Mike, Kevin and Bill would like to take the time to reminisce about their favorite moments in the series. Here they are in order: The time Jar Jar became a senator and the time Stinky the Hutt was kidnapped. Thank you and good night.

Please note: As with Star Wars and The Empire Strikes Back, we riffed the Special Edition of the movie. If you own Return of the Jedi on DVD, you already have the right version.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
About drat time they put out a new one, and it's finally Star Wars 6. So buying this.

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Tony Danza Claus posted:

About drat time they put out a new one, and it's finally Star Wars 6. So buying this.

I agree - this one will be worth it.

Also, in other news, Kevin Murphy just twittered this:

quote:

kwmurphy: This morning I start riffing a very, very stupid movie. It will hurt. I require bacon & eggs for strength.

kwmurphy: Thanks for your support while I riff the Very Stupid Movie. I cannot tell you its name. The bacon, however, is Hormel Range Brand.

Let the guesses begin! I mean, they already did Transformers 2...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Kenderama posted:

Let the guesses begin! I mean, they already did Transformers 2...

GI Joe, maybe?

Kenderama
Mar 12, 2003

Herding Nerds from
2007-2012

Mister Kingdom posted:

GI Joe, maybe?

Good call. I've been so scared to even go near this - though it has the Ninth Doctor in it.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Preview is up on Youtube.

"Please...leave my body...to Toys for Tots...."

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Kenderama posted:

Good call. I've been so scared to even go near this - though it has the Ninth Doctor in it.

It's not as bad as Gamer.

That's not much of an endorsement, mind.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Less than five minutes into RotJ, and holy poo poo this is awesome.

"He asks the impossible!"
Kevin: "He wants Bono to be less of a douche!"

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Mister Kingdom posted:

GI Joe, maybe?

With the Matrix and Transformers movies already done, this is the most logical choice. Nothing sucks as bad as GI Joe did.

Unless they're doing Wolverine.

Pehther
Feb 12, 2008

BARONS DEF CHARGER posted:

It's not as bad as Gamer.

That's not much of an endorsement, mind.

at least gamer didn't kill a piece of my childhood. brain cells, yes...childhood, no.

plus, i liked the dance number.

e: is surrogates not a possibility? (my vote would still be gi joe).

Pehther fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 26, 2010

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Just hoping that Return of the King is coming soon.

Please Mike:ohdear:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Pehther posted:

at least gamer didn't kill a piece of my childhood. brain cells, yes...childhood, no.

plus, i liked the dance number.

e: is surrogates not a possibility? (my vote would still be gi joe).

GI Joe would be great, and horrible. It'd mean I'd have to watch it again.

Rocketfish
Jul 2, 2007

*pshew!*
Thanks!
Dude, these guys need to do "Daybreakers", badly. That movie was a perfect mix of passable film marred with the most disjointed insertions of horrible writing and directing decisions I have ever seen. Best unintentional comedy of the year.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rocketfish posted:

Dude, these guys need to do "Daybreakers", badly. That movie was a perfect mix of passable film marred with the most disjointed insertions of horrible writing and directing decisions I have ever seen. Best unintentional comedy of the year.

Actually, after watching RotJ, and hearing the sheer number of Avatar jokes, I have little doubt that its going to be featured as soon as it hits stores.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Welp, it's gonna be Terminator Salvation.

Should be out on Tuesday.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
The Terminator 3 rifftrax was pretty sweet, so I'm looking forward to this one. Salvation could definitely use some levity.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ninja Bob posted:

The Terminator 3 rifftrax was pretty sweet, so I'm looking forward to this one. Salvation could definitely use some levity.

It's now available.

I'll get the movie from Netflix tomorrow.

Um, yippee?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Coming next:

RiffTrax.com posted:

Paranormal Activity succeeds by putting the viewer in the most deviously terrifying position ever imagined by a filmmaker: captive audience to an idiot's home movie. It recreates the experience of being stuck in a room with Micah (pronounced MEEK-uh, or DOOSH-bag), the kind of guy you immediately want to start punching and never stop punching until the punching is done. The kind of guy who spends his free time at the mall, conspicuously checking out 16-year olds while chatting loudly on his Bluetooth headset about hair gels. In short, Micah is a super sweet dude.

In a hard-to-swallow supernatural twist, Micah has somehow acquired a live-in girlfriend, Katie. In any other film she would stand out as a shrill, unlikeable person, but in the twisted world of Paranormal Activity she is borderline tolerable. Katie carries some baggage, namely some sort of ghost, or demon, or...well it's not really clear. Whatever it is, it's up to no good, pulling off masterful scares such as moving keys off the counter, and gradually shifting a door while Micah and Katie sleep. By the way, get used to watching Micah and Katie sleep, because that's pretty much the whole movie. Oh, and one time they go outside and Katie sits in a chair.

Strap in for terror, or at least a steady, crushing, existential dread, as Mike, Kevin, and Bill go up against the film equivalent of sitting next to a talkative moron on a 6-hour flight: Paranormal Activity.

TheBren
Dec 22, 2008
The sample was disappointing. Hopefully the rest of the riff is better.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Paranormal Acvtivity was such a horrible movie so I'm pretty excited for the rifftrax. Can't believe how many people actually liked the movie.

Sneaksie Taffer
Sep 21, 2009

I keep hoping they'll announce that they'll finish out the Harry Potter series. I really enjoyed the riffing on the first three, and I'd like to have the Rifftrax to go along with the rest of my DVDs.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Sneaksie Taffer posted:

I keep hoping they'll announce that they'll finish out the Harry Potter series. I really enjoyed the riffing on the first three, and I'd like to have the Rifftrax to go along with the rest of my DVDs.

As far as movie series, go, I'd like to see them do the rest of the Trek & Indiana Jones movies.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
It's been ages since they've done a Nic Cage movie so I vote for Knowing.

Though I think we can all easily expect 2012 to be done in the next few weeks.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Plavski posted:

It's been ages since they've done a Nic Cage movie so I vote for Knowing.

Though I think we can all easily expect 2012 to be done in the next few weeks.

Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow were both great. TDAT is easily top 3, it was excellent. So 2012 is obviously a great choice. Roland Emmerich was made for Rifftrax.

And I'm still holding out hope for Return of the King and GI Joe. I'd like to have the rest of the Harry Potter movies, but that would mean I'd have to actually watch the rest of the Harry Potter movies. :suicide:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Tony Danza Claus posted:

I'd like to have the rest of the Harry Potter movies, but that would mean I'd have to actually watch the rest of the Harry Potter movies. :suicide:

I borrow the HP movies from a friend who is a huge fan. Since I can separate the riffing from the movie itself, he asks me what I thought of the first three.

My answer is that they are well-made, but just aren't my kind of movie. So, I wouldn't have a problem if they were to do the rest of the series.

What I'd really like to see is Mike and company do Blade Runner (my favorite movie) and Eraserhead just to see if it's even possible.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

^^ Eraserhead is my favourite movie, but I just don't think it's doable. Not enough dialogue to play against, too much abstract imagery and too little variation in sequences would mean everything would be pretty stilted and the riffers would just be rambling to fill the silences. I imagine we'd be hearing many of Mikes numerous recipes for Lemon Bisque and Crabapple Pie while Henry stares at a bloody radiator for 20 minutes or waits for a lift.

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow were both great. TDAT is easily top 3, it was excellent. So 2012 is obviously a great choice. Roland Emmerich was made for Rifftrax.
TDAT works on multiple levels for me. It's a hysterical riff and it's just Bill and Kevin so there's an interesting voice mix. ID4 was good, but not quite as preposterous a film as TDAT so the Riffing can be slightly more difficult - though the super slow-mo fireball bit cracks me up every time.

Oh, and on a similar line, RiffRaff Theater dude, why only one new Riff in months? Did that multi-story VOD thing take it out of you? You guys are hands-down the best iRiffers out there and need to start cranking out more; our friday nights depend on it.

Plavski fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Feb 7, 2010

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Plavski posted:

Oh, and on a similar line, RiffRaff Theater dude, why only one new Riff in months? Did that multi-story VOD thing take it out of you? You guys are hands-down the best iRiffers out there and need to start cranking out more; our friday nights depend on it.

Thanks a lot! Actually, I, Robot (with Chris, Todd, and Danuuc) and Star Trek Voyager: Heroes and Demons (with Todd, me, and another newcomer named Brian) are recorded and ready. Unfortunately, uploading is still disabled at iRiffs.com. But when it comes back, you can look forward to those.

Then a bit after that, Alien vs. Predator (with the original three).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Thanks a lot! Actually, I, Robot (with Chris, Todd, and Danuuc) and Star Trek Voyager: Heroes and Demons (with Todd, me, and another newcomer named Brian) are recorded and ready. Unfortunately, uploading is still disabled at iRiffs.com. But when it comes back, you can look forward to those.

Then a bit after that, Alien vs. Predator (with the original three).
Hah, AvP was my own first stab at iRiffing. Sadly I got distracted by shiny objects halfway through and never bothered picking it back up. Helluva movie to riff though, monstrously ludicrous as it is; I spent ages trying to get my WWE Announcer voice down for the fight scenes.

• Locked thread