Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Ziploc posted:

Did you jump it off the loading dock? :v:

That one was high, the DRZ would bottom on a drop over ~3ft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
I haven;t posted pictures of my bike with the new powdercoated frame I did in august.

And there are more important things to do than clean it :clint:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

I haven;t posted pictures of my bike with the new powdercoated frame I did in august.

We have had one of those in the living room for the past month as my room mate very very meticulously reassembles it after a crash last year. Beautiful bikes just watch your exhaust if you start really leaning it over, he was over far enough to lift the rear tire off when the exhaust was dragging.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

It looks like my Ninja 250's dad.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

My 08 Daytona 675, Upgraded from a ZZR250. Definitely worlds apart, had to learn throttle control all over again.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I love the look of Daytonas. The numbers seem to indicate the power is quite peaky. I hope I am wrong, is there bottom end / linear power like the other Triples are so famous for?

Also makes me wonder why they didn't do a 1050cc version.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Here's a 2006 Daytona 675:

Looks like it's a little better than a typical 600.

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
The triple motor definitely gives it more torque down low. A very nice bike to ride. I would have bought one but the seat is too narrow for my liking.

Probably my favorite handling sportbike. Right up there with the 04-05 gsx-r600s.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's another thing I hear, the bike itself is really narrow compared to the i4 Jap 600's. I wanna pick one up sometime before spring if I can, or a sumo, I can't decide yet.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

you're no ducati owner.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

you're no ducati owner.

I'll give him the benefit of doubt, and believe he's talking about drinking coffee.

phiglit_missally
Jun 10, 2004

Mostly Harmless
I can contribute here...

2010 Triumph Daytona 675 SE named Grace.

phiglit_missally
Jun 10, 2004

Mostly Harmless

theperminator posted:

My 08 Daytona 675, Upgraded from a ZZR250. Definitely worlds apart, had to learn throttle control all over again.

Try getting a Tiger/Sprint/Speed throttle tube for it. It has a larger cam size, so you don't have to turn the throttle so far to the WOT stop. Helps a ton.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

phiglit_missally posted:

Try getting a Tiger/Sprint/Speed throttle tube for it. It has a larger cam size, so you don't have to turn the throttle so far to the WOT stop. Helps a ton.

Problem I'm having is the twitchiness of it in comparison to my 250, I've considered the 1050 tube but I think it'll only make matters worse. I probably just need to loosen up a bit on it.

I probably won't be going for WOT. not again...

phiglit_missally
Jun 10, 2004

Mostly Harmless

theperminator posted:

Problem I'm having is the twitchiness of it in comparison to my 250, I've considered the 1050 tube but I think it'll only make matters worse. I probably just need to loosen up a bit on it.

I probably won't be going for WOT. not again...

Adjusting the throttle cable slack worked for me for the twitchy problem. The manual recommends too much slack for my taste. Might give it a try.

To further contribute, here is another picture.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
God, that 675 in white is fantastic. Love it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love white bikes in general, and the Daytona looks great in it. I went to a Triumph dealer and sat on one and was reminded why I don't want a supersport. The new Thruxtons were surprisingly comfortable, though. (Still likely getting a Bonnie.)

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

oh god what have i done?
My wallet is $1300 bucks lighter and my porch is now twice as crowded.
Picked it up with a no start issue, 2 new spark plugs later and it runs like a dream.

It's so cute though :3:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
drat, that's a fantastic deal on a gen one. Congrats!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Seattle brought out a little bit of sun today, so I took this opportunity of having light to snap a few of the new family member and my two daily drivers together.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Click here for the full 480x640 image.

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I was about to ask if that was a gladius before I saw the ducati badge. Good thing I stopped myself in time.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

phiglit_missally posted:

Adjusting the throttle cable slack worked for me for the twitchy problem. The manual recommends too much slack for my taste. Might give it a try.

To further contribute, here is another picture.

Sweet, I'll give that a try.

I love the white by the way, gorgeous bike.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
I'll be honest, I just find my Speed Triple to have a fairly twitchy throttle. I still manage to bang my head back after hitting bumps sometimes. I'm getting better about keeping a lose hand, especially over rough tar.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I was about to ask if that was a gladius before I saw the ducati badge. Good thing I stopped myself in time.

:fry:

phiglit_missally
Jun 10, 2004

Mostly Harmless

Fantastipotamus posted:

I'll be honest, I just find my Speed Triple to have a fairly twitchy throttle. I still manage to bang my head back after hitting bumps sometimes. I'm getting better about keeping a lose hand, especially over rough tar.
Small light FI bikes are a lot more twitchy in general then carburated speedies from my experience.

I have found that too much slack in the throttle cables can contribute, as well as a compound problem caused by stiff arm/wrist. Try keeping loose from your shoulders down, not just your grip and wrist.

Endless Mike posted:

I love white bikes in general, and the Daytona looks great in it. I went to a Triumph dealer and sat on one and was reminded why I don't want a supersport. The new Thruxtons were surprisingly comfortable, though. (Still likely getting a Bonnie.)
Did you see the '10 Thruxton SE? drat sexy bike. They went with a white/red combo. Red powdercoated frame, white paint with a red stripe on the tank and a flyscreen. It looks seriously tits. That bike would have made the decision to get the 'tona a bunch harder. Here is more:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/10december09_triumph2010thruxton.htm

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
drat Spiffy, that's a sweet pair. It's like the rich cousin to my stable of the Speed Triple and the DRZ.

Let me know if you ever want me to come visit and ride them for you.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

phiglit_missally posted:

Small light FI bikes are a lot more twitchy in general then carburated speedies from my experience.

I have found that too much slack in the throttle cables can contribute, as well as a compound problem caused by stiff arm/wrist. Try keeping loose from your shoulders down, not just your grip and wrist.

Over tight cables can contribute too, especially at low speeds, because they'll engage the throttle for you as you turn the bars! :haw:

Besides that though, that's really good advice for people who are having trouble keep the throttle even over bumps. It's staying relaxed and a LOT of practice that allows to to learn to really isolate your throttle control from what the bike is doing.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

cmorrow001 posted:

drat Spiffy, that's a sweet pair. It's like the rich cousin to my stable of the Speed Triple and the DRZ.

Let me know if you ever want me to come visit and ride them for you.

Totally. I'll be like that guy in the craigslist add and wear your gear and tear by your house, so you can see how cool you look on your streetfighter. For a price, of course. :smug:

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

phiglit_missally posted:

Yeah, a big part of the issue for me is that my Buell allowed my throttle control to get a little lazy. By the time I'd sold my old SV650 (which was pretty twitchy), I was pretty good, but like I said, the Buell was so relaxed, a bit of throttle jumping didn't result in an immediate jerk forward.

I've checked the throttle cable, and the play is within spec, so I think it's just that I'm still getting comfortable on the bike (only had it for two and half months, one of which it's been in winter storage).

ZeroConnection
Aug 8, 2008

Click here for the full 700x936 image.

Click here for the full 1500x1122 image.

150cc
I got this new-to-me bike around May as my daily commuter bike to college.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
At first I was like "oh hey your bike has no engine" but then I saw it and giggled while thinking about how much fun that must be.

ZeroConnection
Aug 8, 2008
Yeah , it is a pretty fun bike and i wouldn't worry that it would kill me on the road.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Dubs posted:

600's are lovely street bikes compared to 750/1000, there is no bait.

Eff you.

Z3n posted:

Yup, that generation of GSX-R wasn't as bad as the generation before it for having no midrange, but still...600 I4s on the street, :barf:

Eff you.

huplescat posted:

I'm working on my brother to upgrade to a 1000 instead of a 600. He's been riding a Ducati Monster 600 for the last year and is looking at a Honda CBR600RR.

Eff you.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

yeah this is a major hot button issue here. it is the kirk vs. picard to our trekkies.

You're cool.

Z3n posted:

but most 600 supersports are poo poo for the street.

And Eff you.

lancemantis posted:

Does anybody know how well those Cortech bags get along with under seat exhausts?

Mine does just fine.

Also all you jerks saying that 600's suck for the street, eh go get a scooter if you don't like shifting. Which is the only real valid argument I have heard for the 1000's are better than 600's for the street "I don't have to shift as much". Other than that they are awesome. And comfort doesn't come into it because the 600RR's vs. the 1000RR's the 600RR is more geared towards the street rider with their seating position.

This message brought to you by your resident CBR600RR spokesperson.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
^ this but for 250s.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Silver posted:

Also all you jerks saying that 600's suck for the street, eh go get a scooter if you don't like shifting. Which is the only real valid argument I have heard for the 1000's are better than 600's for the street "I don't have to shift as much". Other than that they are awesome. And comfort doesn't come into it because the 600RR's vs. the 1000RR's the 600RR is more geared towards the street rider with their seating position.

This message brought to you by your resident CBR600RR spokesperson.

Actually my ZX636R isn't so bad on the street. Compared to the bigger bikes it falls flat through the midrange, but it sure is fun to make it scream.

They still belong on the track though :colbert:

The problem with a 600 is that you get it really rolling and you're doing totally illegal poo poo...by the time you hit the powerband in any gear but first you're probably already breaking a shitload of laws. Usable power is what I want for a street ride, and 600s aren't so great at that.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

It's not all 600's, just Honda 600's that are stupid.

:dance:

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

Z3n posted:

The problem with a 600 is that you get it really rolling and you're doing totally illegal poo poo...by the time you hit the powerband in any gear but first you're probably already breaking a shitload of laws. Usable power is what I want for a street ride, and 600s aren't so great at that.

Spiffness posted:

It's not all 600's, just Honda 600's that are stupid.

:dance:

no u.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Silver posted:

no u.

If you put a 600 engine in a scooter with a CVT i would ride the baby jesus out of it. Maybe even if you put a honda 600 in it.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
noway man, 600 still not enough power for dat thing, I'd only ride it if you put a busa engine in it cuz rawr more powra

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Silver posted:

noway man, 600 still not enough power for dat thing, I'd only ride it if you put a busa engine in it cuz rawr more powra

Nah dawg, the SS1000RR is the new powra masta. Put a ZX10 in it if you want wheelies.