Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
WORRRRRD!

Anyhow, back on topic. :)

Going to actually start working on the BSA in the new year. It's a BSA 441 shooting star named Charity, because I haven't actually paid for her yet.

Not near enough POWA for the streets I guess, but hoping to get her street worthy by summertime. Key is I need to start working on her now in wintertime, because summer/spring I'll be "Well do I want to work on the bike, or go ride, fukkit imma go ride".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
My ST1300, taken at the Lake LBJ scenic overlook on 1431 near Kingsland, Tx.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Silver posted:

"Well do I want to work on the bike, or go ride, fukkit imma go ride".

Be glad you aren't in Florida then. My lil ninja is ride-able as of today, but it's still ugly as sin. My choice came down to repaint and mend plastics or to ride my first drat bike.

Yeah, I rode it.
Also, NewEnough shipping is slow as balls. I ordered my overpants nearly a week and a half ago.

edit: my head looks HUUUUGEE :psyduck:

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I don't think it looks ugly. I think it looks awesome. Have fun.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I don't think it looks ugly. I think it looks awesome. Have fun.

It's mostly just the paint job. You can't really tell in that picture, but the plastics have a really terrible rattlecan layer on them from the PO, and the tank has a bunch of tank sealer stuff on the outside from when I POR-15'd the inside.

Small gripes though, it's fun as poo poo :D

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

AncientTV posted:

Also, NewEnough shipping is slow as balls. I ordered my overpants nearly a week and a half ago.

I've never waited more than 3-5 days for my stuff to show up. :confused:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
I've ordered, late in the afternoon mind you, from New Enough (with their slowest shipping), and received the item the next day.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!
Yeah, but they're in Texas, and you're in Texas. Also, it's x-mas slow shipping is even slower than normal. Do you have a tracking #? If not I'd give them a ring and see if they have it.

Heh, I'm pretty glad I don't live in Florida either, you guys got 1 turn in the entire state.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Hell ya I'm in Texas.

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!

AncientTV posted:

Be glad you aren't in Florida then. My lil ninja is ride-able as of today, but it's still ugly as sin. My choice came down to repaint and mend plastics or to ride my first drat bike.

Yeah, I rode it.

Are those the alpha touring boots? How are they?

dead_slade
Oct 12, 2006
I'll see you all on the leftside of the sun.
I have two now:

2009 Yamaha TTR230

Click here for the full 1690x1268 image.

And just bought a 2008 Suzuki DR-650

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Methusulah posted:

Are those the alpha touring boots? How are they?
They look like SMX Pluses or SMX-R's. A* touring boots don't have toe sliders on 'em.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

-Inu- posted:

They look like SMX Pluses or SMX-R's. A* touring boots don't have toe sliders on 'em.

They are indeed the SMX+. I wouldn't normally have bought such a robust boot for the street, but I picked em up basically new from a guy that realized he was too cool for boots. They're a bit clunky to get in and out of, but they're comfortable enough for daily use and my feet are pretty much invincible in them.

Silver posted:

Yeah, but they're in Texas, and you're in Texas. Also, it's x-mas slow shipping is even slower than normal. Do you have a tracking #? If not I'd give them a ring and see if they have it.

Heh, I'm pretty glad I don't live in Florida either, you guys got 1 turn in the entire state.

Further inspection into my email from them shows that Christmas put my pants on backorder for a bit. I have a tracking number, but that alone took 5 days for them to email me.

And yes, Florida is the worst state for motorcycling. No one try and convince me otherwise.

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 2, 2010

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

AncientTV posted:

Give them a call. I ordered a helmet shied from them and it didn't arrive after a week or so. I called them up and they were all "Ooooohhhh that's back ordered for four months." Thanks for telling me assholes. I use motorcycle-superstore.com now. Always easy, great service and quick shipping.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I don't know if it's a common trend among lots of smaller online retailers, but I'm constantly trying to buy motorcycle things and not being told they don't actually have them (and won't for months) until after they've already taken my money.

Methusulah
Aug 2, 2007

Son of a Bitch!

AncientTV posted:

They are indeed the SMX+. I wouldn't normally have bought such a robust boot for the street, but I picked em up basically new from a guy that realized he was too cool for boots. They're a bit clunky to get in and out of, but they're comfortable enough for daily use and my feet are pretty much invincible in them.

God drat I wish I could afford those. I realized the touring boots also didn't have the big rear end A* logo on them right after I posted. Wish they did, :love: A*

How much you pay for 'em?

E: For content
Bought this last week. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow. '83 XJ550 Seca. yay!

Methusulah fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 2, 2010

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.
Just bought it today, picking it up in a few days, I am totally in love with it!

2006 Kawasaki Z750 with 3500 miles on it. Fender eliminator, Scorpion exhaust, MX bars with end mirrors and in the best colour of all time.

More pictures after I collect it!

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!
Dude, that looks nice. Good one! :)

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

DiZ posted:

Just bought it today, picking it up in a few days, I am totally in love with it!

2006 Kawasaki Z750 with 3500 miles on it. Fender eliminator, Scorpion exhaust, MX bars with end mirrors and in the best colour of all time.

More pictures after I collect it!

Sweet bike broseph. I only wish they made power more similar to their super sport cousins. That orange is p tight, too. Go get an orange CB750 like that photo everyone jacks off over and an orange elise to complete the set :cool:

Men Toes
Dec 18, 2002

pig friar
I just got my bike license this summer, and thus my first motorcycle; a 1985 Honda Nighthawk CB450.

Holy poo poo am I glad I've joined the motorcycle ranks.

Mechanically the bike is really drat good for being 25 years old w/ 56,000 km on it. The only things that need to be done before it goes too far from home, is a new chain and sprocket on the back wheel. Runs great, shifts easy, brakes quick enough - the previous owner put new brakes and tires on it fall '08.

For bombing around the countryside and commuting in the city, it's been a great first bike.

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

I only wish they made power more similar to their super sport cousins.

Considering I have just come of a bike that would be lucky to have 50hp weighing 180kgs, going to a bike that weighs almost the same and has 100-110hp I am sure I won't be terribly disappointed for a while.

Also the trade off between this and a supersport has its advantages for me, I am 6"7 and most of the super sports are a little uncomfortable.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

AncientTV posted:

The only thing I don't like about my SMX Pluses is the loving squeak they make every time you take a step. I'd wear them to class over my SMX 2's if it weren't for that squeak.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

-Inu- posted:

The only thing I don't like about my SMX Pluses is the loving squeak they make every time you take a step. I'd wear them to class over my SMX 2's if it weren't for that squeak.

Holy poo poo, this. A thousand times this. The only way to stop it is to walk like you just got kicked in the balls.

Got 'em for a hundred bucks though.

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

I'm a stupid fucking cunt

AncientTV posted:

Yeah, I rode it.

Huh. Interesting, if you wear hipster jeans you can actually tuck them inside your boots.

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

AncientTV posted:

Holy poo poo, this. A thousand times this. The only way to stop it is to walk like you just got kicked in the balls.

Got 'em for a hundred bucks though.

Who cares? My Gaerne's squeak all to hell but meh, eekoo eekoo eekoo anywhere I walk is awesome.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I made the mistake of buying Icon Field Armor boots and besides being quite uncomfortable, they are the squeakiest crap known to man. They felt like they offered a lot of protection, at least, and were pretty fine to wear when not walking.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

I made the mistake of buying Icon Field Armor boots and besides being quite uncomfortable, they are the squeakiest crap known to man. They felt like they offered a lot of protection, at least, and were pretty fine to wear when not walking.

Your first mistake was even thinking of buying Icon gear of any type

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

redscare posted:

just wanted to rep mah hood

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Armacham posted:

just wanted to rep mah hood

Please, nobody wears helmets in Philly. Gotta be a 'shop.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

redscare posted:

It's overpriced for what it is, but it's really not all that bad in terms of quality. I've definitely seen some lower quality stuff out there. Plus they send me super quality catalogs for free, which is cool.

FrothyDawg
May 24, 2002

please immediately set
about creating my robot whores, tia Science
:roboluv:

Raven457 posted:

My ST1300, taken at the Lake LBJ scenic overlook on 1431 near Kingsland, Tx.

Just chiming in to say I'm intensely jealous. That's a beautiful 1300. Enjoy it!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

redscare posted:

I think the variant looks pretty cool.

Click here for the full 1280x700 image.

It's nothing but teaser shots for now, but you'll get to look like loving master chief on your bike.

Edit: as long as they make it in solid colors, or something without skulls and crap, I'd get one.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
The BMW enduro murder-helmet is still cooler.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Dubs posted:

The BMW enduro murder-helmet is still cooler.
Why, yes...yes it is...

MacGregor
Nov 22, 2003

This is my 07 Ducati Sport1000 L.E. #31 of 100 I love this bike it was a huge improvement over my 1975 xs650 that i cafed out. but losing my job back in September made me sell the 1975 and Has halted my plans to modify the sport1000.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

FrothyDawg posted:

Just chiming in to say I'm intensely jealous. That's a beautiful 1300. Enjoy it!

Thanks man :xd: I absolutely love the bike, and am looking forward to putting as many miles as possible on it this year.

Taken today while playing photo tag with the other South Texas ST-Owners at St Peters Roman Catholic Church in Boerne, Texas

http://ravensys.net/sa/IMG_0696.JPG

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

AncientTV posted:

The lesson today children, is jeans - over the boots, leathers - inside the boots.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

2ndclasscitizen posted:

The lesson today children, is jeans - over the boots, leathers - inside the boots.

"Pshh, whatever bro."
___\

Stumbled on this while looking for that picture.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
It would be lovely if everyone got off my rear end about my goddamn pants. I didn't say I was flying down the highways in that kit; I went in a circle around my neighborhood a few times and parked it.

If the few of you would've looked at something other than my jeans, you would've noticed my bike isn't even street legal yet.

Also, that my overpants were then in transit, and have since arrived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

Boy, you guys would hate it here in Connecticut if you saw the average gear a biker wore. You'd be downright LUCKY if they were wearing some kind of pants and a jacket. More often than not, it's flip flops, t-shirt, ridiculous non-motorcycle cold weather parka (if it's below 60 but nobody rides under 40), or optional fringe leather vest.

Forget about ANYBODY wearing armored motorcycle pants. It just doesn't happen. 1 out of every 100 motorcyclists, maybe.