Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

-Atom- posted:

Adam sounded like such a retard in that exchange. It felt like an argument that i'd have with a 12 year old that couldn't admit they were wrong.

The problem was that you could see what Adam was trying to say, but he literally could not find a non offensive way of saying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

DrVenkman posted:

The problem was that you could see what Adam was trying to say, but he literally could not find a non offensive way of saying it.

You could see his point, but George strongly disagreed with it, and Adam just kept kinda trudging along hoping that George just didn't understand what his intentions were.

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war
I think that Adam was convinced that he was right and couldn't let it go in order to talk his way out of offending George.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
All he really needed to do was say something brief, along the lines of 'It's one of those situations where you think you're doing what's best but it's really just horrible', but he just had to crowbar one of his stupid comparisons into the story..and that comparison happened to be the holocaust.

The best is at the end though, where Adam finally realizes George is far too educated and intelligent to allow him to make his stupid point, so he sighs and says "Donnie, you know what I'm talking about, right?"

Donnie: yep! :downs:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just listened to 2004-01-04 and Anderson missed an s-bomb by Nate the caller at around 1hr05. Don't think I've heard many (if any) others sneak through, he was always pretty good at getting them. Neither Dru or Adam reacted either, so they all must've misheard him.

("not gonna let me go rob a liqueur store or some poo poo like that")

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Kathy Griffin is an excellent guest. I am really surprised by that fact. She is the perfect counterpart to Adam because they disagree often but she is not passive aggressive about it so Adam actually and her can actually joke about it. She does not piss him off and complains when he is about to launch into a rant.

She is tied with DAG for most comfortable guest.

dsh
Aug 2, 2003
So I'm a medical student at UCLA and I'm browsing through possible fourth year rotations. I'm thinking about signing up for the "Medical Media and Broadcasting" elective with the one and only Dr. Bruce!

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*
^^Be sure to write "good lenses, bad frames" on his professor evaluation!

I'm finally getting back into the podcast, but frankly I'm not impressed after listening to Adam smack into the microphone for 40 minutes with the superfood people. The transylmania one was even worse, I haven't seen the movie but I can see why it's sitting at a 0% on rotten tomatoes: the two directors were two of the most straight-laced and least funny guests I think Adam has ever had. I was actually getting mad that they were talking about how funny and clever their movie was without trying to be either themselves.

I guess that's not really Adam's fault, and the general consensus seems to be the podcast hit its stride, so what am I missing? Was there a norm or Joel mchale visit I didn't see?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

dsh posted:

So I'm a medical student at UCLA and I'm browsing through possible fourth year rotations. I'm thinking about signing up for the "Medical Media and Broadcasting" elective with the one and only Dr. Bruce!

Is there a picture of Dr. Bruce out there? I've only ever seen what I think is a thumbnail of him. It would be nice to put a face to the voice.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
I don't know about Dr. Bruce, but here's Dr. Alter talking about this guy's hidden penis.

:nws: http://www.eonline.com/videos/v35982_dr-bonus-private-parts.html

fake edit:

Here's Adam, Donny, and Dr. Spaz who looks not at all like I imagined. (but still a spaz)

dsh
Aug 2, 2003

Judakel posted:

Is there a picture of Dr. Bruce out there? I've only ever seen what I think is a thumbnail of him. It would be nice to put a face to the voice.

Oh no! drat, I've got the wrong Dr. Bruce. My one is Dr. Bruce Hensel, Loveline guest and NBC Los Angeles corespondent (http://www.nbclosangeles.com/station/about-us/Bruce_Hensel_MD.html), whereas the Dr. Bruce/Dr. Spaz/Loveline guest host we all love is Dr. Bruce Sigurd Heischober. Supposedly this is him http://wiki.lovelinefan.com/index.php?n=Main.DrBruce but I dunno.

Guess I'm not doing that rotation.

Capnbigboobies
Dec 2, 2004

dsh posted:

I don't think I could resist calling him Dr. Spaz.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Bruce looks exactly like I imagined. Absolutely love it.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Seriously, Donny, haircut and shave!

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Donny looks like a Muppet.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

AndNowMax posted:

I'm finally getting back into the podcast, but frankly I'm not impressed after listening to Adam smack into the microphone for 40 minutes with the superfood people. The transylmania one was even worse, I haven't seen the movie but I can see why it's sitting at a 0% on rotten tomatoes: the two directors were two of the most straight-laced and least funny guests I think Adam has ever had.

I was playing catchup, got behind by around 110 podcasts and the superfood one was the one that made me stop listening. Transylmania was boring, Suzanne Somers was saying all sorts of crazy stuff that he could've called her on but since she was a guest promoting her crazy book, he didn't do anything. Then I listened to superfood. That killed it for me.

Doing a marathon was nice because if I got a bad one, I'd have another one to play right away that would usually be better but catching up and having a couple bad ones in a row and having to wait for the next one killed it for me. I also realized there hadn't been many good rants lately and that's what I missed. I really liked the show in the beginning.

Then I switched the The Harland Highway. First few started out slow but it got better. The one with Adam as a guest was pretty crappy though.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Weird coincidence, but I just saw Sherlock Holmes the other day and today in the car the episode where Robert Downey Jr calls in came on. He is a odd dude.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

chemosh6969 posted:

I was playing catchup, got behind by around 110 podcasts and the superfood one was the one that made me stop listening. Transylmania was boring, Suzanne Somers was saying all sorts of crazy stuff that he could've called her on but since she was a guest promoting her crazy book, he didn't do anything. Then I listened to superfood. That killed it for me.

Doing a marathon was nice because if I got a bad one, I'd have another one to play right away that would usually be better but catching up and having a couple bad ones in a row and having to wait for the next one killed it for me. I also realized there hadn't been many good rants lately and that's what I missed. I really liked the show in the beginning.

Then I switched the The Harland Highway. First few started out slow but it got better. The one with Adam as a guest was pretty crappy though.

The Superfoods episode was pretty bad, the Transylmania one was unlistenable. I definitely no longer listen to every single podcast, but I'm subscribed and listen to the ones I have a pretty good feeling will be good, then if I've got nothing else to listen to when I feel like some talk stuff, I'll go back to the ones with guests I don't care about.

Highly Unnecessary
Dec 24, 2009

Malachi Constant posted:

http://wiki.lovelinefan.com/index.php?n=Main.KennethTheHeadTwister

You can use that site to look up other famous loveline moments too.

They say 23 April 2003 was his first call and he calls again at 4 May 2003.

Checking my audio the call starts at 17:17 in the 2003-04-23 episode. Adam rants for a while, the story resumes at 18:40.

Also whats missing from the wiki is that Kenneth calls again on 1 June 2003 around halfway through the show. Drew recognised his voice instantly.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Listened to the last episode of This Week in Tech for 2009... Kevin Rose... smoke detector. :rock:

(it drove me insane)

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

GreenNight posted:

Weird coincidence, but I just saw Sherlock Holmes the other day and today in the car the episode where Robert Downey Jr calls in came on. He is a odd dude.

That's funny, I just listened to the same episode last night too.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Which episode is this? Need some suggestions for work tonight.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.
2003-06-02 with Deborah Falconer as guest (Downey Jr's ex-wife)

Also the next days episode is hilarious, an LAPD officer comes in to promote sober prom and Adam just rants at him about traffic annoyances the whole time, and then goes on and says how he should be allowed to drive drunk cause he is a heavyweight.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I actually have the one with Officer Luis Herandez. It's loving great because the entire time, he's just bitching at the cop about how much the LAPD sucks. and don't drink kiddies

Hormones
May 9, 2009

Phone posted:

I actually have the one with Officer Luis Herandez. It's loving great because the entire time, he's just bitching at the cop about how much the LAPD sucks. and don't drink kiddies
Love this one.

I don't know if anyone knows of this site (I'm sure you do), but I download all my Loveline from it:
http://loveline.phil21.net/useraccess/all/

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
If anyone out there has a Droid you can listen to the random loveline stream if you download StreamFurious from the marketplace

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Hormones posted:

Love this one.

I don't know if anyone knows of this site (I'm sure you do), but I download all my Loveline from it:
http://loveline.phil21.net/useraccess/all/

Loveline Archives posted:

For the archive. Please try to play by the following rules, if there is excessive abuse I will be forced to shut it down.

* NO HOTLINKING TO FILES PERIOD
* Do not link directly to the archive from any webpage, link here first

And it's linked in the OP...which I need to update soon with more sites.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Adams plans for 2010: EXPAND EVERYTHING. DONNY IS AN ADVISER! SPEEDBUMPS!

God knows what is going to happen with this show. Adam is at his best with a solid partner, and without Dr. Drew, he's very untamed as far as radio goes.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

GobiasIndustries posted:

God knows what is going to happen with this show. Adam is at his best with a solid partner, and without Dr. Drew, he's very untamed as far as radio goes.

I think Adam is trying to do too much too quickly. Expanding and making an 'empire' worked for Stern because Stern is huge, but Adam doesn't have the name behind him to be able to be as successful.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Adam is trying to do what he preaches. If it bears fruit, we'll have to deal with it in self-congratulatory podcasts. If it doesn't, we can vainly hope to rub it in his face one day.

That being said, today's podcast was a cop out, but Adam said it was because nobody would be their guest, so not a big deal. It'll be back to normal tomorrow.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

GobiasIndustries posted:

They mentioned at the Improv Show that Bald Bryan would be on the show as a sound engineer with drops, which makes me think that they're guiding the show towards a more structured cast which is how Adam works best. My fantasy would be that the show becomes an online version of his radio show, but that we'll have to wait and see.

HumanCropcircle
Sep 26, 2005

Adam on the Leno show tonight.

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Brekelefuw posted:

I think Adam is trying to do too much too quickly. Expanding and making an 'empire' worked for Stern because Stern is huge, but Adam doesn't have the name behind him to be able to be as successful.

He was number 1 in nearly every single market and has the #1 downloaded podcast every other week.

He isnt actually doing that much. His 'empire' is a small studio that he hangs out with his friends in.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I think I found my favorite week of Loveline ever. Starting 2003-10-19 and for the rest of the week they are having some kind of heat wave and Adam is losing his mind because of it. I don't know why, but Adam ranting about the heat is the funniest thing to me. The pencil holding the asscrack open so the fan can hit it is hilarious.

Dr. Jack Griffin
Apr 6, 2006

I listen to loveline all the time, nearly 70% of my concious day. I've always joked that the day I'm listening and both random streams play the same episode is the day I have to stop.

Right now both streams are playing the Dave Navarro episode. :sigh:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
My favorite part of reading this thread is getting reccomendations for cool loveline episodes, so thanks Solarin, I now have something to listen to for at least three nights. Getting the heads up on kenneth's first appearance was pro as well. It's hard to sift through all million years of eps, so its good to have others do it for me.

Hormones
May 9, 2009

Solarin posted:

I think I found my favorite week of Loveline ever. Starting 2003-10-19 and for the rest of the week they are having some kind of heat wave and Adam is losing his mind because of it. I don't know why, but Adam ranting about the heat is the funniest thing to me. The pencil holding the asscrack open so the fan can hit it is hilarious.

I just finished that week awhile ago and I agree. It was absolutely my favourite.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Dr. Drew called into this morning's podcast with Andy Dick. Pretty early in part 1.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

UltraRed posted:

Dr. Drew called into this morning's podcast with Andy Dick. Pretty early in part 1.

Today's episode was pretty good. Andy Dick is really weird, but his therapy session with Drew today was really interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
Listening to the 9/11 episode. Nothing brings me back to that time/feeling like this episode of loveline.

• Locked thread