Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

A shrubbery! posted:

Can anybody add to the wiki? I'm trying to add a new game to the list and it wants a password.

The are two reasons for this:

1. Cuts down vandalism (Although to be honest that isn't likely. I just want to be careful).

2. Cuts down on people adding stuff only from the latest pages. Right now the thread is being added from the beginning onwards, and if people start adding tips from the latest page, for example, then it can confuse what needs to be added next.

So, if you want to add tips to the wiki (Page 30 was the last page added, so you'd have to do from page 31 onwards if you want to contribute.) then I can email you the password.

ahobday fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Jan 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer
For what it's worth, you have listings for both "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" and just "Symphony of the Night." Those two should probably be merged.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD

Centipeed posted:

So, if you want to add tips to the wiki (Page 30 was the last page added, so you'd have to do from page 31 onwards if you want to contribute.) then I can email you the password.

Thanks, I wouldn't mind doing some of this. email is futurist2017 at live.co.uk

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Sworder posted:

For what it's worth, you have listings for both "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" and just "Symphony of the Night." Those two should probably be merged.

I've merged them. Thanks for the heads up! If you or anyone else notices any more errors like that, just post it in the thread, and I'll be much obliged.

A shrubbery! posted:

Thanks, I wouldn't mind doing some of this. email is futurist2017 at live.co.uk

I've emailed Brimruk to ask him if he could skip a few pages, since as far as I know he's still going strong. I'll email you as soon as he's gotten back to me.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

McCoy Pauley posted:

Since the Modern Warfare 2 thread moves along at a pretty fast clip and mostly reads like Greek to me, I guess I'll ask this here. Having just picked it up (for the 360, to the extent it matters), and have not played any MP in Modern Warfare 1 (except back when the beta for that game was out), anything I should keep in mind as I'm starting out in the MP in Modern Warfare 2? What does this stuff about "prestige" mean?

Other people have explained, but I just want to add that you shouldn't worry too much about making custom classes until you've unlocked more/better weapons and perks. There are a few popular templates available, like the "Jack the Ripper" knifing build Captain Novolin mentioned. My favorite is a "Ghost" build - Silenced weapons and the Cold Blooded perk, which makes you invisible to enemy UAV's and kill streaks.

Best bet is to just pick a gun you like and stick with it to unlock the extra attachments for it. The K/D ratio is pretty much meaningless.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Where do I find secrets in Serious Sam HD? I am lucky just to find one secret in a map and then one desert area with the first four-armed giant boss had 25 secrets and I didn't find any of them. :mad:

Orfeo
Nov 27, 2007

Ectobiology sure does involve a lot of button pushing.
How do you start learning Street Fighter 4? This is pretty much the first fighting game I'm trying to play well and it's on the PC and should I finally cave in and buy a 360 controller and oh god what do the input commands mean :psypop:

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

no do not try to play a fighting game with a 360 controller

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SNOT CORN posted:

no do not try to play a fighting game with a 360 controller

It's better than playing it on a keyboard!

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

I just bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadows of Chernobyl for $2 on Steam. Anything I should know?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Happy Bear Suit posted:

I just bought S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadows of Chernobyl for $2 on Steam. Anything I should know?

Guns are not as bad as you think they are, and you can in fact hit the first enemies with your piston in iron sight mode. Also, grab the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete 2009 mod, it makes everything better, even for your first time as it doesn't completely change the game, just makes it better.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hey, any tips on how to start in X3: Terran Conflict?

The game seems pretty awesome, but slow-moving and.. a bit confounding.

Zushio
May 8, 2008

Orfeo posted:

How do you start learning Street Fighter 4? This is pretty much the first fighting game I'm trying to play well and it's on the PC and should I finally cave in and buy a 360 controller and oh god what do the input commands mean :psypop:

If you want to play well it helps to remember a few things.

1. Just button mash until you figure out what each input actually means.

2. Play around till you find someone you like, then start memorizing the moves. This isn't as hard as it sounds, just pick one move, then find out what it does, then figure out how it will fit in to an overall attack strategy.

3. Know what you're doing. Once the moves are memorized, you no longer have to actually pay attention to what your character is doing, because you'll know what will happen based on what moves you put in.

4. Pay attention to the other characters. You know what you are going to do, you don't know what your enemy is, pay close attention and you can learn to predict stuff.

6. Block.

5. This is where I differ in my fighting game strategy. Most people seem to emphasize memorizing long combos of moves you can link together for optimal damage output. This, I feel, is bullshit. Never actually have a plan, just know what your character is capable of and do what seems to fit the situation.

CaptainEO
Sep 24, 2007

Found Something Great Here
Regarding S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SoC: As soon as you can, shoot up the three military guys who patrol the road south of the starting point and/or the checkpoint guards under the railroad bridge. They will drop rifles, a big upgrade from your starting handgun.

Ammo is scarce and your carry weight is limited, so only carry one or two (max 3) guns at a time, ideally ones that use the ammo that enemies in your current vicinity drop.

Always be on the lookout for better armor. The most important stat is "bulletproof cap." Radiation resistance also comes in handy. Some armors have built-in night vision.

Don't use radiation-producing artifacts unless you also equip one of the radiation-reducing ones, which will cancel its negative effect.

And ditto on "use the Stalker Complete 2009 mod for your first playthrough."

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Scalding Coffee posted:

Where do I find secrets in Serious Sam HD? I am lucky just to find one secret in a map and then one desert area with the first four-armed giant boss had 25 secrets and I didn't find any of them. :mad:
As you've found out, most are easily missable if you go with the "flow" of the game, shooting whatever the game throws at you and moving on to the obvious direction when it stops doing so. Going off the rails and treating everything with suspicion is the easiest way to find secrets. And traps.

iloveyouall
Oct 26, 2007
I just bought deus ex game of the year last night on steam, and was wondering what graphic mods are compatible with this version.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Waffle! posted:

Other people have explained, but I just want to add that you shouldn't worry too much about making custom classes until you've unlocked more/better weapons and perks. There are a few popular templates available, like the "Jack the Ripper" knifing build Captain Novolin mentioned. My favorite is a "Ghost" build - Silenced weapons and the Cold Blooded perk, which makes you invisible to enemy UAV's and kill streaks.

Best bet is to just pick a gun you like and stick with it to unlock the extra attachments for it. The K/D ratio is pretty much meaningless.

Thanks. I've just been sticking with my FAMAS and working on unlocking the attachments to it, and not messing around with custom classes now that they've unlocked.

What does "bling" mean in the game? Sometimes when I run across weapons that other players have dropped in MP, it will be some weapon name I'm familiar with and then it say "bling" (or maybe "with bling"). Is that just something cosmetic, like camo patterns?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

McCoy Pauley posted:

Thanks. I've just been sticking with my FAMAS and working on unlocking the attachments to it, and not messing around with custom classes now that they've unlocked.

What does "bling" mean in the game? Sometimes when I run across weapons that other players have dropped in MP, it will be some weapon name I'm familiar with and then it say "bling" (or maybe "with bling"). Is that just something cosmetic, like camo patterns?

One of the perks you can get allows you two attachments, called the Bling Perk. You can pick up those weapons and use both attachments.

I would actually reccomend start playing around with custom classes after you unlock the SCAR. The SCAR is one of the better all-around weapons, and I like combining it with the fast reload perk.

Another tip for the game:
Go into Free-For-All and use pistols. You'll unlock your secondary attachments which are often overlooked and can be valuable, plus FFA helps with keeping you on your toes. You'll also get points at a fairly decent clip.

After that, play free for all and knife people. Lots of fun, and you get used to using melee, which is VERY powerful in this game.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Any tips for Indigo Prophecy on PC? These QTE's are a pain in the hole.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

hirvox posted:

As you've found out, most are easily missable if you go with the "flow" of the game, shooting whatever the game throws at you and moving on to the obvious direction when it stops doing so. Going off the rails and treating everything with suspicion is the easiest way to find secrets. And traps.
I did do that and that is why I posted. I had no trouble finding secrets in other games, but this one is a wall-humped bitch and I know about Rocket Jumping.

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Hey bros. I installed the STALKER complete mod as you guys recommended and so far I really like the game. It's pretty drat hard but it's a refreshing challenge. However I don't know if I'm "playing it right".
  • So far I just took some missions from some guys at the base camp and went around collecting magic rocks and assassinating mutant dogs
  • I actually got to that one point where I help other STALKERS fend off an attack by some Russian military dudes. The Stalker leader then showed me some kind of underground sewer tunnel place that I think I was supposed to go but I can't find it anymore since I wandered around so much
  • Is there a fast-travel mode or a car in this game or do I have to keep running back and fourth from place to place on foot?
  • I think I died because I didn't have a midnight snack before sleeping.
Any nudging into the right direction would be appreciated.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

Happy Bear Suit posted:

Hey bros. I installed the STALKER complete mod as you guys recommended and so far I really like the game. It's pretty drat hard but it's a refreshing challenge. However I don't know if I'm "playing it right".
  • So far I just took some missions from some guys at the base camp and went around collecting magic rocks and assassinating mutant dogs
  • I actually got to that one point where I help other STALKERS fend off an attack by some Russian military dudes. The Stalker leader then showed me some kind of underground sewer tunnel place that I think I was supposed to go but I can't find it anymore since I wandered around so much
  • Is there a fast-travel mode or a car in this game or do I have to keep running back and fourth from place to place on foot?

It probably doesn't answer any of these questions directly, but I just wanted to point out that the wiki page is pretty full of advice, in a more general sense.

http://wsik.centipeed.com/index.php/Site/STALKERShadowOfChernobyl

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

Happy Bear Suit posted:

At Agroprom Research Institute, on the West side of the area where you got into the firefight, by the broken wall, is the entrance to the Agroprom Underground. There's a map that shows exactly where to go here.

Sorry, there's no fast travel, so you've got to hoof it everywhere you want to go, and then back again. It's meant to keep you from playing the game like Fallout 3 and horde every item you find, then fast travel back and forth to pick everything up. You're supposed to scavenge only what you can carry comfortably, that you also feel is necessary. The game isn't about amassing a wealth of salvaged goods, but if you want to do that you're going to have to pay for it in massive tedium. Just like if you were going to do it in real life.

Craftics
Jan 31, 2006

fuckin yeah

Zushio posted:

If you want to play well it helps to remember a few things.

1. Just button mash until you figure out what each input actually means.

2. Play around till you find someone you like, then start memorizing the moves. This isn't as hard as it sounds, just pick one move, then find out what it does, then figure out how it will fit in to an overall attack strategy.

3. Know what you're doing. Once the moves are memorized, you no longer have to actually pay attention to what your character is doing, because you'll know what will happen based on what moves you put in.

4. Pay attention to the other characters. You know what you are going to do, you don't know what your enemy is, pay close attention and you can learn to predict stuff.

6. Block.

5. This is where I differ in my fighting game strategy. Most people seem to emphasize memorizing long combos of moves you can link together for optimal damage output. This, I feel, is bullshit. Never actually have a plan, just know what your character is capable of and do what seems to fit the situation.

Even before learning your characters specials/combos. Be sure to learn about zoning and controlling space, it's the most rudimentary essential to almost any 2D fighting game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFTvXXoDNRA

Watch the rest of the parts in the series as well.

zombieman
Aug 8, 2003

That's one happy fucking egg!
Any hints and tips for The Witcher?

Mr Bike
Dec 3, 2004

More tea Mr. Bike?

zombieman posted:

There were a bunch of tips for The Witcher on the previous two pages I believe. Check it out.

This is a little out of the norm for the thread but can someone enlighten me about what to expect from Flower from the PSN? I've read lots of stuff about this game and how it's completely relaxing and how it's like a dream and all this other crazy poo poo. I want to buy it but it just looks like you're controlling some flower petals with the Sixaxis. Is it as good as people make it out to be?

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

zombieman posted:

(From the wiki)

quote:

- Get the intelligence talent that lets you gather herbs first, then you can shift click every plant you pass when moving about to grab potion ingredients instantly.

- Prioritize strength and stamina talents above all others, intelligence too if you use signs a lot.

- From there the simplest way to go is to just upgrade sword styles, try to have a few points in fast silver before the end of chapter 1 even though you don't have a silver sword yet, trust me on this. If you want to be more sign heavy Aard and Igni are great, but the others shouldn't be ignored.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Morrowind

- Alchemy. love it, live it, and level it whenever possible. Since magic sucks balls in this game, potions are going to be your primary healing source. Once you've got a good amount of gold from stealing poo poo max out alchemy. You can also break alchemy by making tons of int potions, drinking them, then making more int potions, drinking those, rinse and repeat till you have 3000000000000int or whatever and you can make ridiculous potions that last for hours and give huge stat bonuses.

-Grandmaster alchemy equipment. There are only two sets in the game iirc, one in the disease tower near the east side of the island, and I forgot the other. DO NOT SELL. You will want them.

- Get the boots of blinding speed by either doing the quest or straight up killing the stupid lizard that has them. Running around without them makes the game take forever. When you can, enchant a piece of equipment to give a ton of magic resist so that you can wear the boots and not get blinded.

- Have a stash house, I prefer the one in the city, balmora I think, where the owner was murdered.

- Stealth is important as you want to steal poo poo without getting caught; using light weight shoes makes you harder to hear, therefore less likely to get caught.

- Steal the key on the desk at the beginning of the game, it will give you access to gear in the early game for sale/use. Also in one of the guard towers in the starting city there is a magic sword that you will use for a long time, make sure to steal it, but don't get caught; it's not hard you just have to cram yourself into the corner next to it.

- Never sell soul stones imo. Especially not the grandmaster ones. Use the lower level ones to capture souls and enchant crappy stuff to help get your enchanting up so you don't have to dump tons and tons of money into the trainers.

- Enchanting is also hugely important if you want to be godly. With the alchemy int potion trick and 100 enchanting you can make some AWESOME items.

X-Com: UFO Defense

- This game rocks, if you haven't played it, you should.

- You will have to restart multiple times before you get the hang of the game, it's ok, everyone else did as well.

- Laser pistols ---> laser rifles in the early game, other people argue this point, but I think these should be your first techs.

Online FPS's

- If you ate paste as a child, you will probably suck at online play.

- Most people are as dumb, if not dumber, than you, use this to your advantage.

- If you are getting your rear end kicked by someone, don't quit, watch how they play and learn from them, rather than crying like a baby.

- Remember, your enemy is most likely retarded and ate paste as a child, stay a step ahead of them and you'll always win.

- Don't sit in one spot too long, especially as a sniper, you will eventually get rushed and killed.

- Complete objectives ffs stop camping your spawn.

- Be familiar with common strategies; use them, and know how to counter them.

- Your first objective when playing should be to memorize the maps. Once you do that, you will know (most) hiding spots, and also where you can shoot through walls/objects to kill people.

- Walling is hugely important in FPS's, if you know a guy is on the other side of a wall waiting for you, why pop around the corner when you can just shoot him through the wall?

CoD MW1/2

- Stop charging into fortified enemy positions like a moron feeding kills. If you go on a path and run into 3 guys and die, don't run down that path to die 5 more times, it's not hard.

- Flank the enemy when possible, and use stun/flash grenades to your advantage.

- Don't waste your grenades. I see so many people needlessly throw away frags/semtex and flash/stun grenades. You can easily get 3-4 kills thanks to your grenades, and then you've got a killstreak reward going and the kills keep coming.

- Unless you're playing hardcore, you should be using stopping power pretty much no matter what, as well as bandolier and deep impact. Obviously there are exceptions, but these are pretty much a surefire way to do drat well in every game you play.

- You can shoot through a lot of stuff, figure out what you can and can't shoot through so you can take cover and kill enemies through cover.

- If your team is stuck in a bad position getting raped, try to move your spawn. Get out of the corner house you're stuck in and get around behind the enemy so you can spawn on the other side. Downpour is a good example, when you're spawning on the low side of the map, 9 times out of 10, you're going to lose, sneak around and get the high side for the win.

- Above all, use your brain, you have one for a reason. Learn from mistakes and for the love of god stop eating paste.

MMORPGs

- If you ate paste as a child, you're probably going to suck, but don't worry, 95% of the community did as well, so you're on the same level.

- If you picked a healer, you heal, you don't dps ffs.

- If you're a caster and mobs agro you, stop running away from the melee trying to save you, stand and let your tanks get the agro back and let your healers heal you.

- Even in high level guilds there will be a good amount of people that eat paste, believe me, I've been in the top raiding guilds on my servers in EQ and WoW. Learn to live with it. AT LEAST 20% of your raiding party will not do what they are supposed to most of the time, you WILL have to pick up the slack.

- These games are really loving simple, stop eating paste and you will be able to do well.

- These games are more of a waste of time than any other game I've ever played. I quit, and you can too.

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Faerie Fortune posted:

Any tips for Indigo Prophecy on PC? These QTE's are a pain in the hole.

I haven't played the game in years, but if I recall correctly, setting the game to "Easy" will make the QTEs a lot easier but wont change the rest of the game.
Also I recall lowering the game resolution to the lowest possible also makes them easier.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD

MF_James posted:

- These games are more of a waste of time than any other game I've ever played. I quit, and you can too.

And money.

Subscription-MMO tip #1: Quit playing, and see how much money you save.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

A shrubbery! posted:

And money.

Subscription-MMO tip #1: Quit playing, and see how much money you save.

It doesn't always work like that. If you're paying $15 a month for a game and that's the only game you're playing, you're going to come out ahead of the guy that buys a new $50-60 game every month (or even every other month).

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ornamented Death posted:

It doesn't always work like that. If you're paying $15 a month for a game and that's the only game you're playing, you're going to come out ahead of the guy that buys a new $50-60 game every month (or even every other month).

Agreed, honestly the money saving/spending aspect has NOTHING to do with it. I actually saved hundreds if not thousands of dollars by playing EQ and WoW. Rather than go out, party, drink, and do drugs, I would sit at home and play eq/wow and maybe smoke a little pot.

The problem with these games is that, despite the social interaction you have, it's not necessarily GOOD social interaction. You aren't making friends (for the most part) that you can hang out with outside the game, and you're actually hurting your overall social skills because you're not actually interacting with someone on a personal level, but rather a very impersonal level through the computer.

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

MF_James posted:

- Never sell soul stones imo. Especially not the grandmaster ones. Use the lower level ones to capture souls and enchant crappy stuff to help get your enchanting up so you don't have to dump tons and tons of money into the trainers.

The economy in Morrowind sucks such balls that selling most items (anything worth 1000drakes or more) is, practically speaking, pointless. Most merchants have a cap of only so much money (typically ~1000) and there are only two real merchants in the game (Creeper and the Mudcrab, the latter being a huge bitch to track down on short notice) with enough funds to make them worth selling high-level items to. I mean, when you've got a soulgem worth 80000 and no one will give you more than 10000 for it, there's no point in selling it.

Obviously bartering is essential, and trading items can help increase the value a merchant has, but most of the time I found myself hanging on to expensive items and just stashing them in a trophy room in my house.

Yes, you will need a trophy room.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Does Morrowind on the PC have that annoying "feature" where if you drop too many items in an area eventually they all get put in a bag that never goes away and prevents you from displaying stuff?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Ornamented Death posted:

Does Morrowind on the PC have that annoying "feature" where if you drop too many items in an area eventually they all get put in a bag that never goes away and prevents you from displaying stuff?

I never ran into such a feature playing it on the PC, and have had a whole lot of crap dropped at once.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Palleon posted:

I never ran into such a feature playing it on the PC, and have had a whole lot of crap dropped at once.

Yeah it does make the bag iirc, you have to drop A LOT of stuff in one spot and I mean a lot. I could be wrong though, but I'm pretty sure if you drop something like 100 items in one spot it creates the bag and puts all the items in there.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
I've played Morrowind on and off since release and I honestly don't remember bags appearing when you put down too much stuff. Every time I put down a bunch of items in one spot (pillow forts, duh) they just stack up into infinity :angel:

Can I get some Arx Fatalis tips? I bought the game a year ago and I'm just now starting it up. I was killed by a goblin on level 2.

The Blue Pyramid
Mar 1, 2009

:poland: :poland: :poland:
Kiepski to nie
kaktus;
Pić musi!

:poland: :poland: :poland:

MF_James posted:

Morrowind
- Steal the key on the desk at the beginning of the game, it will give you access to gear in the early game for sale/use. Also in one of the guard towers in the starting city there is a magic sword that you will use for a long time, make sure to steal it, but don't get caught; it's not hard you just have to cram yourself into the corner next to it.

Expouding on this; it's in Balmora, in the North East guard tower (I think), but also in the South East guard tower in Suran. It's the Sword of White Woe, and it's sitting on top of a cabinet that can be reached by jumping on nearby barrels. If a guard is staring at you, supposedly you can grab the sword while on top of the barrels and he won't notice, but I never got this to work right.

Also, if you can beat him, fight Umbra and get his eponymous sword. It's a hard fight, but if you do some weird poo poo (think levitation), you can kill him easily. He's in the hills near either Suran or Molag Amur (the tiny little mini-Vivec on the southern coast)

God quests are invaluable, try to go after Azura's Star first (southeast coast of the island is her gigantic statue). You'll get Azura's Star, which is, just like in Oblivion, a re-usable, max-sized soulgem. There's also a god-quest which I believe you can start in the sewers of Vivec, where you have to kill a crazy lizard with a fork. You can either keep the Fork of Horipilation (which isn't that good, but who the gently caress wouldn't want to stab someone to death with a fork), or complete the quest and get a decent spear.

(It's been about 2, 3 years since I've played this game and I remember everything from my hundreds of hours of the game, in which I beat everything but Bloodmoon)

Question time, for Shadow Complex, is there a way to cook grenades? I ask because I'm still fairly new into the game, but there's a patch of breakable rocks in the very first room up on a ceiling. Is there a way to break this besides a rocket launcher?

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy
(Regarding the Witcher)

quote:

From there the simplest way to go is to just upgrade sword styles, try to have a few points in fast silver before the end of chapter 1 even though you don't have a silver sword yet, trust me on this.
I guess this is from awhile ago, but why would you need to do this? I've never put any points into silver sword until I actually have one, and I've never had any issues. The only thing you have to worry about fighting right away when you get one is drowners and a cockatrice, which you should be able to steamroll through pretty easily.

There is a fight at the end of Act 1 right before you get your silver sword that's probably the most difficult in the game, so it's probably not a good idea to waste any points before you get through that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Blue Pyramid posted:

Question time, for Shadow Complex, is there a way to cook grenades? I ask because I'm still fairly new into the game, but there's a patch of breakable rocks in the very first room up on a ceiling. Is there a way to break this besides a rocket launcher?

I don't think there is, but you can blow up grenade blocks that are in ceilings and other out of the way places by shooting foam it it first, then using a grenade. It will stick to the foam and break the blocks.