Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

AncientTV posted:

It would be lovely if everyone got off my rear end about my goddamn pants. I didn't say I was flying down the highways in that kit; I went in a circle around my neighborhood a few times and parked it.

If the few of you would've looked at something other than my jeans, you would've noticed my bike isn't even street legal yet.

Also, that my overpants were then in transit, and have since arrived.

They're only giving you poo poo because you really, really shouldn't tuck jeans into your motorcycle boots. It just looks silly. :parrot: Rock whatever gear you want, it's your ride :) Everyone's got their squid moments, and I spent my first year of riding without any pants or real boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice

Z3n posted:

They're only giving you poo poo because you really, really shouldn't tuck jeans into your motorcycle boots. It just looks silly. :parrot: Rock whatever gear you want, it's your ride :) Everyone's got their squid moments, and I spent my first year of riding without any pants or real boots.

The first response was pretty spot on actually. My pants aren't skin tight, but they're tight enough that they'd never go over these boots :gay:

FuzzyWuzzyBear
Sep 8, 2003

AncientTV posted:

The first response was pretty spot on actually. My pants aren't skin tight, but they're tight enough that they'd never go over these boots :gay:

My Flathead FH310 jeans were actually worth more than the first bike I owned.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

My Flathead FH310 jeans were actually worth more than the first bike I owned.

Yeah, if I was going to crash, I wanted to wear jeans I didn't care much about. Thus, I donned my 'cheap' jeans: the pictured APC New Standards :downs:

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 5, 2010

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/sport/kevlar+motorcycle+jeans/tour+master_cortech+mod+leather-reinforced+denim+jeans

No other jeans matter. :love:

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice
edit: wrong thread, disregard

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 5, 2010

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Boy, you guys would hate it here in Connecticut if you saw the average gear a biker wore. You'd be downright LUCKY if they were wearing some kind of pants and a jacket. More often than not, it's flip flops, t-shirt, ridiculous non-motorcycle cold weather parka (if it's below 60 but nobody rides under 40), or optional fringe leather vest.

Forget about ANYBODY wearing armored motorcycle pants. It just doesn't happen. 1 out of every 100 motorcyclists, maybe.

It's like that for me too here in country Australia, this time of year it's nothing but helmet, shirt, shorts and shoes and 1 in 3 might have gloves on. It's pretty ordinary. I get funny looks dressed in full leathers (the chicks love it though :smug: ), yes it's hot when I'm waiting at the lights or something, but hosed if I'm risking gravel rash and broken knees/hands/elbows.

On the heat thing though I got an A*'s Dyno leather jacket, and it's loving awesome for it, a small breeze is enough to keep me comfortable, so glad I spent the extra dollars on gear rather than get some cheap textiles.

Rudager fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 5, 2010

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Whatever dude.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Click here for the full 1600x1200 image.

Ultimate smug here...the jeans I dragged knee for the first time in.

Yes, I was pretty much the ultimate squid. :haw:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Z3n posted:

Yes, I was pretty much the ultimate squid. :haw:

Do you now or have you ever worn a helmet mohawk or a skull visor?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

blugu64 posted:

No, not that sort of squid, the hanging off like a monkey as I wobbled at 20mph around a marked 45mph corner. I just was trying to go fast man...just gotta go fast.

It's amazing I survived my first 3 years of riding.

Here's the bike I did the honors on...

My 2nd bike...my first one was a bone stock red 01 Ninja 250.

When I was done with it it was much crashed and flat black. Poor 93 black and teal ZX6E...I'd love to find one again just for giggles, the color scheme is rare as hell now though. Getting on an E still feels like coming home, amusingly enough...50k on the bike and I think my body is permanently bent into that riding position.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Jan 5, 2010

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ultimate squid had me picturing you on a liter bike, not being sensible and starting on a 250.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Ultimate squid had me picturing you on a liter bike, not being sensible and starting on a 250.

When you only have 1800$ to buy your motorcycle and it has to get you to and from school and pass the parental loan approval process, it's hard to buy a literbike.

I traded it + 200$ for that ZX6E. That's the only reason I was able to upgrade.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I see. I actually rode around on my dad's Moto Guzzi monza as my first street bike, but learned on some old yamaha. I wasn't into riding fast yet, and that bike was really slow, and I always wore gear anyways. Granted my helmet was two sizes bigger than it should've been, and I was wearing thick leather roping gloves and redwing work boots with jeans and an oversize leather jacket, but it was on the right track. It's not until now that I ride like an rear end in a top hat.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

AncientTV posted:

I dunno, I don't think they look bad tucked into the boots. But yeah there's no loving way you're getting those jeans over the front of an SMX+. Even if they were baggy jeans it would be a struggle. Rock on I say :hfive:

Edit: I got your back buddy! (excuse the clutter)

-Inu- fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jan 5, 2010

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

blugu64 posted:

Whatever dude.

There is literally no reason for me not to own a pair of these. If I ever encounter a white and green bush, I will blend in perfectly.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

FuzzyWuzzyBear posted:

Boy, you guys would hate it here in Connecticut if you saw the average gear a biker wore. You'd be downright LUCKY if they were wearing some kind of pants and a jacket. More often than not, it's flip flops, t-shirt, ridiculous non-motorcycle cold weather parka (if it's below 60 but nobody rides under 40), or optional fringe leather vest.

Forget about ANYBODY wearing armored motorcycle pants. It just doesn't happen. 1 out of every 100 motorcyclists, maybe.

I thought that was a Florida thing, guess stupidity is universal.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Today is Tuesday.

*taps foot impatiently, waiting for Tsaven's first StrommyPics*

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009

-Inu- posted:

Call me crazy but I wear "boot cut" jeans with my boots and "straight cut" jeans with my sneakers.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

College Slice

-Inu- posted:

I dunno, I don't think they look bad tucked into the boots.
:hfive:

ohwandernearer posted:

Call me crazy but I wear "boot cut" jeans with my boots and "straight cut" jeans with my sneakers.

The size of the SMX+'s top plate doesn't really translate well over the internet. A pair of jeans that would fit over them would engulf any other footwear. Even my brothers largest pair of normal jeans was a tight squeeze, and at that point, they fit as well as a blanket taped to my waist.

Too bad we aren't in the 90's anymore, JNCO would've made a killing on non-protective motorcycling jeans, worn solely to cover your boots.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

NipplesTheCat posted:

There is literally no reason for me not to own a pair of these. If I ever encounter a white and green bush, I will blend in perfectly.

I saw some once that were almost neon purple camo. It was hard passing those up.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
When Draggin first hit the scene you couldn't leave the house without seeing camo jeans on a bike, usually red or pink.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Z3n posted:

Please stop making GBS threads up this awesome gear thread with your stupid bike pics.

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS

Met an old dude at the bike shop riding this thing around, an old Triumph murdered out. His helmet was painted with purple glitter. Ten times cooler than any chromed out overpriced newly made Chopper.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah it is, that bike is awesome. British hardtail bobbers are the best.(as far as choppers go anyways)

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Chill_Bebop posted:

Met an old dude at the bike shop riding this thing around, an old Triumph murdered out. His helmet was painted with purple glitter. Ten times cooler than any chromed out overpriced newly made Chopper.

That is a sweet rat bike. I'd love to build one at some point.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

ohwandernearer posted:

I do too, but with motorcycle racing boots that doesn't always work too well. Well, not with the SMX+ anyway.

Click here for the full 1452x1701 image.

And haha, AncientTV, some rave pants would be perfect for this application!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Bucephalus posted:

Please stop making GBS threads up this awesome gear thread with your stupid bike pics.

:ohdear:

-Inu- posted:

I do too, but with motorcycle racing boots that doesn't always work too well. Well, not with the SMX+ anyway.

Click here for the full 1452x1701 image.

And haha, AncientTV, some rave pants would be perfect for this application!

When you walk around they don't tend to fall into the tops like that. But yeah, they can look a little silly. This is why my daytonas are awesome though...I don't have any sneakers at the moment but they're comfortable enough to just walk around in, and they're low profile enough that they're really not noticible.

Edit:

VVVV HEY YOU: Please stop making GBS threads up this awesome gear thread with your stupid bike pics. VVVVV

Z3n fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jan 7, 2010

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
IT IS MINE MINE MINE ALL MINE

$3400 with the hard bags.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
^^ fuckin A man!

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
What is it? TDM?

laymil
Sep 13, 2005

so it goes...

2ndclasscitizen posted:

What is it? TDM?

Weestrom. As he's mentioned in every other thread in CA.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

laymil posted:

Weestrom. As he's mentioned in every other thread in CA.

Hey! Only like . . . five or six.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Tsaven Nava posted:

Hey! Only like . . . five or six.
And even then, it still took you **27 hours** to post pictures of your (black) motorcycle in your (dark) garage.

I demand more and better pics.

And this.

So, there ya have it. Impossibly demanding demands and fake indignation from a stranger on the internet. What more could you ask for on a fine day like this?

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Jabs posted:

And even then, it still took you **27 hours** to post pictures of your (black) motorcycle in your (dark) garage.

I demand more and better pics.

And this.

So, there ya have it. Impossibly demanding demands and fake indignation from a stranger on the internet. What more could you ask for on a fine day like this?

Ha, I'll get more pictures today :) And it wasn't 27 hours, it was only a few. I didn't pick the bike up until Wednesday, my bank had a stupid 2-day hold on funds transfers.

If it hadn't been ~10F in the garage at the time, the girlfriend would have been happy to . . . pose with it. I'll see about making that happen once it's a little warmer.

As for me, I'm going out to sit on the bike and make "Vroom-vroom!" noises.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Chill_Bebop posted:

I would punch my way through a nunnery to steal borrow that bike for a week. Awesome. Truly a work of evil genius.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Z3n posted:

:ohdear:

Edit:

VVVV HEY YOU: Please stop making GBS threads up this awesome gear thread with your stupid bike pics. VVVVV

I like you. You're fun.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

blugu64 posted:

HAY Helmet hawks are cool as poo poo

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
brb, gonna paint my kikker's frame purple and strip all the paint off the tank and fenders

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
two-up action shot!

Only registered members can see post attachments!