Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Ghost Car posted:

I would say Sumire causes him to fear for his self-esteem, but I don't think he has any anymore.

Probably his family. Nobody else except Maria seems like the kind that would bother to track down people outside the theater when Ogami's right there and Maria is now in "character derailment of loooovvvveeeee" mode. Khoran might send robots to threaten them, but they'd blow up before they got halfway there. Maria could hire goons and/or pay to have Ogami's family evicted constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ktarthan
Apr 7, 2005

wormy wormy wo-QI'yaH
Just going to throw in yet another "I just read through over 100 pages of this and it's not done yet?!"

Aside from that, this has been an extremely entertaining LP.

High fives to the Maria voters. You made the right choice!

Also, needs more HOT BLOOD :supaburn:. Always always more.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.

Zemyla posted:

I had a thought. I know that Kanna causes Ogami to fear solely for his body, and Iris causes him to fear for his soul. I wonder where the other girls fall on that continuum?

Sakura makes Ogami fear 1) getting cut up in a shower of blood, gore, and cherry blossoms, and 2) for his privacy. And by "privacy," I mean "his right to wake up WITHOUT having to worry about the possibility that the door to his room will be torn out of its hinges, which would explain why Sakura's smiling face and soulless eyes are the first and last things he'll ever see." "Good morning... my lord."

Sumire originally made Ogami fear for his freedom from being the communal whipping boy. Now that THAT fear has more or less come true, Sumire now makes Ogami fear for his time management skills.

Iris makes Ogami fear for his immortal soul, or what parts of it haven't already been absorbed by Jean-Paul or melted away by the sheer fact that he's essentially some sort of bizarro soul catalyst with the combined spiritual power of every dead alternate-universe Ogami.

Kanna makes Ogami fear for his bodily structure. Organs, bones, squishy bits, and everything that's weak against getting pounded into mush whenever Kanna so much as breathes on him.

Kohran makes Ogami fear for his INTERNAL bodily structure, his genetic structure, and just about everything that's susceptible to getting pounded into mush whenever Kohran so much as does SCIENCE! in his general direction.

Maria makes Ogami fear for what's left of his slowly-recovering manliness, his self-confidence, and his ability to lead. Maria also makes Ogami fear for his future in the event that he messes up so badly that the Flower Division gets wiped out, but that's mostly because Ogami rather likes his future unperforated by bullets.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

----------
:siren:VIDEO ALERT!:siren:

The first part of the battle!

Youtube Link!
-----------
Alright, just to refresh your memories of the last update:

gently caress YES JINBU.

Okay, so we have a slew of new robots, a slew of new enemies, and a lot of other new things that we haven't actually discovered yet.

Here, the fighting's basically confined to a city block with a large building in the middle.

We've got a few run-of-the-mill Kouma, a few cars...

... and, uh, a few multi-directional stationary cannons. You know, the sort of thing that Ginza keeps installed on its streets on a semi-regular basis.

Still, even with our new super-cool mecha, our house-keeping duties remain essentially the same- protect the flimsy melee attacker (and leave the strategy setting as-is- Wood will suit our purposes just fine)...

... listen to the utterly useless Mission Goals transmission...

And start jogging around a bit.

All upgrades aside, it's still the same game that we've all come to know and poke fun at love. :v:

----
[Kohran]

What're ya walkin' around for, Ogami-han? Ain't'cha gonna keep flyin' on yer newfound wings?

[Ogami]

Look, knowing you, it's BOUND to drain a bit of my soul every time it flies, or the engine runs on fuel made with real babies, or the soul of my dead mother is entombed within the machine and it's going to go berserk and-

[Kohran]

Actually, th' flight modules're mostly fueled by electricity- you pump out so much excess lightnin' while attackin' that I figgered it t' be a shame to let it all go to waste.

[Ogami]

-- wait, you--

[Ogami]

Holy poo poo, that actually makes SENSE and isn't at all horrifying. So I'm the one powering my own machine when I fly, huh...?

[Iris]

Yup! Just like a hamster running on an exercise wheel attached to a lightbulb, Oniichan!

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

I... think I'm going to stick to walking. You know, for dignity's sake.

[Kohran]

Aww, aren't ya at least gonna take a drink from the hamster drinking bottle or snack on your food pellets?

[Ogami]

NO.

[Kohran]

Tsk. Spoilsport.

----

... incidentally, in the Sakura Wars series? A new set of robots always means a new set of final attacks, so...

Let's see what this baby can do.

[Ogami]

Uwwwwaaaaaaargh!

[Ogami]

Roukou Mekkyaku...

----

----

[Ogami]

Musou... TENKE!

Bam! Wolf-Tiger Destroyer, Unparalleled Divine Punishment.

----

----
[Maria]

That's a lot of wolf imagery, Captain.

[Ogami]

Hey, they ARE really cool animals. Wolves symbolize fierce independence and the untameable nature of the wilds, which is totally like my final attack, see, because-

[Maria]

No.

[Ogami]

But-

[Maria]

Just... no, Captain. I'm not letting you walk down this particular path.

[Ogami]

Y-Yes'm.

[Kanna]

... wow, Captain, I'd say that you've been WHIPPED, but I really can't tell how this's supposed to be any different from normal.

[Ogami]

I'm more worried that this is going to be indicative of the rest of my life.

[Kanna]

If it helps, I think you're kind of like a... y'know, a tamed, incontinent midget wolf-thing that we keep around the house to laugh at when you piddle yourself!

[Ogami]

I-I'm only incontinent SOME of the time!

----

And in this corner, we have our kill-beast AND HER ROBOT OF ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION.

... not that there' s a lot that she can DO this turn, sadly, so she's chiling with Ogami for a while.

And here, we have our cherry blossom samurai girl thing.

As usual, the difference between Sakura and Kanna is that when Sakura's spirit gauge is full, range is very rarely an issue.

[Sakura]

Not one cloud...

[Sakura]

... taints my blade!

[Sakura]

Haja Kensei!

----

[Sakura]

HYAKKA RYOURAN!!

----

----

BAM! Destroyer of Evil, Hundred Flowers Profusely Blooming.

... yes, I know, it's an attack name that reads more like a statement of fact than anything else.

[Sakura]

I did it! And it's all thanks to the results of the special training and the Jinbu!

----
[Sumire]

... Sakura-san, are you quite certain that your success might not have more to do with the eviscerating blade of spirit energy that scythes out of the ground at your beck and call?

[Sakura]

Of course, but the difference is that this one doesn't messily slice up friend and foe alike.

[Sumire]

I see. That certainly must have taken some training to-

[Sumire]

... w-wait. Sakura-san, how did you determine that your final attack would no longer cut through your own allies?

[Sakura]

My Ogami-san volunteered to help test it out, of course!

[Sumire]

... translation, Ensign?

[Ogami]

She knocked me over the head with a club and dragged me by my hair back to her cave where she proceeded to tie me up and hit me with a couple Hundred Flowers Profusely Blooming.

[Sumire]

If you don't mind me asking... how are you still alive?

[Sakura]

The power of love!

[Sumire]

... translation, Ensign?

[Ogami]

The power of Kohran's love of science applied to my most important organs with the usual blunt hammering force.

[Sumire]

Look on the bright side, Ensign- whatever does not manage to kill you will serve to make you stronger, right?

[Ogami]

... but I've already died multiple times.

[Sumire]

Well then, the answer is simple: in the long run, a few more deaths couldn't possibly make any difference!

[Ogami]

Y-Yeah, that's... that's super, Sumire-kun.

----

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Apr 13, 2013

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Kohran is up to bat!

Since there's not much to do down below, she's better off hopping onto the roof so that she can actually do things.

So let's use these stairs.

BY DEFYING THE LAWS OF PHYSICS BY USING SCIENCE BECAUSE SHE'S THE GODDAMN KOHRAN. :science:

----
[Maria]

[Ogami]

Wh... why do you keep looking at me like that? What have I done NOW?

[Maria]

Nothing, Captain. I'm merely waiting for you to ask her how the hell she's doing that so that I don't have to ask.

[Ogami]

Are you kidding? You KNOW she'll just spout something vaguely pseudo-science-ish that'll make no sense AND add to my ever-growing collection of mental scars!

[Maria]

But you've been asking her questions on a fairly regular basis, Captain. Why not this one?

[Ogami]

... doctor's orders. My psychiatrist's prohibited me from asking more than a few questions to Kohran per battle, and I'm saving them up for subjects that could reasonably and directly endanger the fate of the world as we know it. Why don't YOU ask her?

[Maria]

Because 1) it's not like you will have an epileptic seizure from asking one more question, and 2) you are the Captain.

[Ogami]

Fine, fine... hey, Kohran, how'd you-

[Kohran]

Invisible trained weasels wit' genetically enhanced super strength!

[Ogami]

[Ogami]

B-But that... that doesn't even make ANY sense at GURK.

[Maria]

... I see you've been busier than we'd thought during our weeks of training, Kohran.

[Kohran]

Hey now, since Ogami-han's trainin' probably strengthened his mental fortitude, Ah gotta sharpen my wits t' match, right?

----

And a final attack directed not at the poor unfortunate car, but-

- toward the actual enemy in question.

[Kohran]

The Four Symbols descend!

[Kohran]

It's th' science o' victory!

----

----

[Kohran]

Rage! Sacred Beasts Robo!!

----

----

The Azure Dragon of the East spews lasers, as dragons are wont to do...

The Vermilion Bird of the South runs right through the enemy...

The White Tiger of the West drives like a motorcycle and stings like a truck...

And the Black Tortoise of the North?

BLOWS ITSELF THE gently caress UP.

----
[Ogami]

Ahaha, right then, I'll just, uh, be going now...

[Kohran]

Ah was talkin' to th' Kouma, Ogami-han! YOU ain't going nowhere.

[Sakura]

Still, that attack was amazing! Couldn't you keep those Four Symbols by your side for the whole battle, Kohran?

[Kohran]

Nope! Can't summon 'em unless my spiritual energy peaks. Can't control 'em, either, so they'd jes' level th' town.

[Sakura]

Level the-

[Ogami]

Y-You made them as powerful as the real things, didn't you.

[Kohran]

Hey, didn't you get th' memo? TH' GODS HAVE DESCENDED, OGAMI-HAN! HYAHAHAHAHA!!

[Ogami]

(If the Kouma knew what was good for them, they'd run like hell.)

----

Sadly, the Kouma DON'T run. They DO have an unpleasant surprise for us, though:

... ranged attacks, in the form of what APPEARS to be poo poo-spitting.

----

Once again, the steam-powered Minis appear to be the OTHER sole focus of the Koumas' ire.

... though instead of using the rest of its turn to destroy the car, the Kouma defends itself, clearly cringing in fear from the vengeful wrath of the vehicle and its possible counterattacks.

HOLY loving poo poo YEAH, MARIA

Seeing how Maria can't actually REACH anything... well, that's pretty much her turn. And that's TWO of our most powerful, deadliest, and ridiculously violent brigade members who haven't actually had their turn yet. The next couple of turns will be brutal.

... meh, Iris.

----
[Ogami]

... now that Iris's Jinbu doesn't actually have any LEGS, what fuel does it actually-

[Kohran]

Nightmare fuel! It's potent, limitless, an' environmentally friendly.

[Ogami]

... how you harvest this nightmare fuel wouldn't happen to have anything to do with the orphanages that were established in memory of all the casualties the Imperial Assault Force has directly or indirectly caused, would it?

[Kohran]

Hey, that's right! How'd ya guess?

[Ogami]

I... I'm getting better at recognizing these sorts of patterns, though it's costing me my peace of mind. I-

[Ogami]

... wait, nightmare fuel is "environmentally friendly"?

[Kohran]

'Course it is! Look, fresh water an' trees an' dead dinosaurs an' all that other fuel are technically finite, right?

[Kohran]

... but since we'll never run out of blood, crud, tears an' fear, why not harness THEM as viable sources o' energy?

[Ogami]

But what about the cost in terms of mentally scarring untold numbers of people!?

[Kohran]

Hey, humans're also a renewable resource, an' sanity is overrated.

[Ogami]

W-Well, I can't deny that we're careening towards overpopulation, and an absence of sanity makes the heart grow fonder, but...

[Kohran]

Q.E.D.!

----

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Apr 13, 2013

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Well, since Kohran's gotten herself injured...

... it's time for some good ol' fashioned adorably endearing MINDFUCKING healing finals!

[Iris]

Doctor! It's an emergency!!

----

----

[Jean-Paul]

MWOFUU.

Thwap.

[Iris]

Iris...

[Iris]

Jardin!!

----

And Jean-Paul does his happy healing work by sticking a syringe directly into the Jinbu's cockpit and releasing an unknown quantity of some unnamed substance that is again capable of healing machines through some unidentifiable means.

... the less time spent pondering the logic of anything remotely related to Iris, the better.

SO LET'S MOVE ON TO SUMIRE!

... and again, there's not much for her to attack, so that's the end of her turn.

Ogami's turn comes and goes, mostly 'cause it's better left for someone else.

----

Like Kanna, who immediately burns her spirit gauge destroying an inanimate object that hasn't actually managed to harm any of us yet. :v:

----

[Kanna]

The final secret technique of the Kirishima style!

[Kanna]

(Translation withheld because I could not make out what she was saying here.)

----

[Kanna]

Shihou! Kouzouken!!

(Translation ALSO withheld because I-I don't think that last word- a string of three kanji- were meant to be combined like that. MULTI-DIRECTIONAL ATTACK PHASE FIST, gently caress YES

----

----

----

----
[Ogami]

... Kanna, what the hell do giant exploding beams of exploding tiger-shaped fire have to do with martial arts?

[Kanna]

... ah?

[Ogami]

... giant exploding beams of exploding tiger-shaped fire that also explode.

[Kanna]

Better! And that has EVERYTHING to do with martial arts! Look, how did you think the term "hot blood" was coined?

[Ogami]

Um-

[Kanna]

It was coined when martial artists discovered how to punch people so quickly that their opponents' blood started boiling from the impact! Same with the phrases "burning rivalry" and "flames of passionately violent tendencies"!

[Ogami]

But that doesn't seem-

[Kanna]

And when you add huge amounts of spiritual energy to all of that...

[Kanna]

Then it all stops being a bunch of metaphornalogies and becomes metaphoreality! Bam, instant fire, just add water!!

[Ogami]

O-Okay, okay, I agree! Just... just stop butchering reason and language like that!!

----

SAKURA'S Jinbu climbs stairs like an actual humanoid.

----

... and barfs up a LOT of pink.

And Kohran? She's no longer limited to firing mundane shells. Instead...

----

----

----

Her Jinbu has gained the ability to fire shells that essentially fire explosions.

The long-ranged Kouma have a new ability as well:

Spitting out eggs.

That hatch into baby Kouma.

WHO IMMEDIATELY FLY INTO OGAMI AND EXPLODE MESSILY.

NEXT TIME: The end of the battle.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 13, 2013

Inneedofspellcheck
May 1, 2009
I'm speechless. how much more hot blooded can this get?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

... and, uh, a few multi-directional stationary cannons. You know, the sort of thing that Ginza keeps installed on its streets on a semi-regular basis.

And the traffic has never been better!

GetWellGamers
Apr 11, 2006

The Get-Well Gamers Foundation: Touching Kids Everywhere!
Woo, update! :toot:

Though you might wanna douple-check your links/hosting, since some of the images are red-x-ing.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Woohoo, update! (Now for another 2 months of waiting :cry:)

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
Hooray! And I didn't even have to dig up mind-scarring- okay, that joke's getting overplayed.

Eh, I've been busy with the Reserves lately anyway. :canada:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos
Awesome it's back! Perfect start to the new year!

Kohran:

She uses a gear shaped targeting radius?

I see our resident mad scientist has started dabbling into sorcery and building machinegods.

And she has perfected guns that shoot bullets that shoot lazers...:science:

Kanna:

Steam powered tiger claws, just what the doctor ordered.

Flaming Exploding Tigers!

Iris:

:wtc: I'm not sure if they'd prefer staying injured...

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Spirit Armor posted:

WHAT THE gently caress? (Also, great update.)

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Jan 4, 2010

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, I don't even know if crazy nightmare doctor bear Jean-Paul was the weirdest poo poo that went down there.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Canuck-Errant posted:

Hooray! And I didn't even have to dig up mind-scarring- okay, that joke's getting overplayed.

Eh, I've been busy with the Reserves lately anyway. :canada:

If she's indicative of the :canada:ian military, sign me up...

Rincebrain
Dec 10, 2004

YOU KISS THAT GIRL THIS INSTANT

GetWellGamers posted:

Woo, update! :toot:

Though you might wanna douple-check your links/hosting, since some of the images are red-x-ing.

All working consistently for me.

Hm. Reporting exactly what URL you're getting for these could be helpful for tracking down the hosts failing at life.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Rincebrain posted:

All working consistently for me.

Hm. Reporting exactly what URL you're getting for these could be helpful for tracking down the hosts failing at life.

After: Bam! Wolf-Tiger Destroyer, Unparalleled Divine Punishment
https://wi.somethingawful.com/95/95c486a879930b81d84ae696ba1d328d0451fc42.jpg

After: ... taints my blade!
https://wi.somethingawful.com/48/4819eae46c4922909a1784165221f9fd9668b5df.jpg

After: SO LET'S MOVE ON TO SUMIRE!
https://wi.somethingawful.com/d6/d689bf65de1066ce657e44d3a0750c842b031555.jpg

3rd image after: Like Kanna, who immediately burns her spirit gauge destroying an inanimate object that hasn't actually managed to harm any of us yet.
https://wi.somethingawful.com/78/783dc3430e51c52a1fec24e4077010c50b768931.jpg

Waffleimages seems to have decided to eat them.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Fixed. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that I'd uploaded the images about two months prior to the actual update, when I thought I'd actually have time. :v: Thanks for pointing out the broken image links, though!

... though to be honest, I'm also more worried about the fact that Waffleimages has eaten a number of pictures in a lot of the OLDER updates.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

Fixed. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that I'd uploaded the images about two months prior to the actual update, when I thought I'd actually have time. :v: Thanks for pointing out the broken image links, though!

Well, you're making me feel better about my update rate at least :v:

Spirit Armor posted:

... though to be honest, I'm also more worried about the fact that Waffleimages has eaten a number of pictures in a lot of the OLDER updates.

You do have copies of the older images, right? :ohdear:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

wdarkk posted:

In my experience they tend to come back... eventually.

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Spirit Armor posted:

... though instead of using the rest of its turn to destroy the car, the Kouma defends itself, clearly cringing in fear from the vengeful wrath of the vehicle and its possible counterattacks.

Well of course it's afraid, didn't you hear? Iris has added trapping poor souls into cars now on the side to her agenda.

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

little_firebird posted:

Well of course it's afraid, didn't you hear? Iris has added trapping poor souls into cars now on the side to her agenda.

Well, a young girl needs a hobby...besides tormenting Ogami, which she has to share,,,

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.

Xander77 posted:

Maybe it might be a little early, but I think it might be a good idea to start preparing to put this on the LParchive to preserve those pictures.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
By God, this update couldn't get any more awesome, and it just adds to the pain that an English translation was never released. And Kohran... wow, Kohran; SCIENCE has never looked so good :hawaaaafap:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

wdarkk posted:

I'm a pack rat by nature: I have backups of all the images, videos (raw and upload-ready), and I'm pretty sure I have the actual update post text and stuff stashed away somewhere.

... come to think of it, I should probably go and replace all those busted GameVee video links sometime. Back in MY day when I first started this LP? Everyone poo-pooed YouTube because there were a bunch of niftier video hosts around. Now? I'm pretty sure YouTube is the only one that's still standing, and it seems to have fixed most of the things that gave people problems in the first place. :v:

little_firebird posted:

It's probably more the fact that the cars explode when it's most dramatically appropriate (i.e. at the slightest provocation).

... which means that the Kouma might be genre-savvier than we think. :tinfoil:

Inneedofaspellcheck posted:

I'm speechless. how much more hot blooded can this get?

If there's one thing this series teaches us all, it's that you can't ever put a cap on hot-bloodedness OR sheer lunacy.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

I'm pretty sure YouTube is the only one that's still standing, and it seems to have fixed most of the things that gave people problems in the first place.

If it wasn't for the 10-minute limit I'd be absolutely perfect.

Rincebrain
Dec 10, 2004

Xander77 posted:

Most of the problems are because a single host that's in rotation fails to load the image, but the main server hasn't noticed yet, so one of the many hosts who has the images is failing to display it, but waffleimages hasn't lost it.

I'd be quite curious to research more sanity for this, but part of the problem is that if a server goes down, then until the time when waffleimages notices that the host is down, the images have a chance to do the wrong thing when you hit them, and because your browser caches the redirected image URL for update checks unless you force it to flush that, so a page reload doesn't help unless the host comes back.

And nothing short of more obsessive checking on the master side for this can help, because even if the client code for waffleimages hosts lets the master server know it needs a copy of anything that 404s or fails hash, if the host is down or misbehaving, you're still screwed. :psyduck:

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

If you'd like you can post about it in the WaffleImages thread.

R1CH posted:

A lot of the servers we had are gone (again), there's a possibility some went down before the master could find suitable new servers to redistribute to. A number of mirrors have also moved servers / IPs, it's possible the owners didn't copy all the images. If you can find any mirror that is active that is 404ing after a redirect (actual HTTP 404 error code), let me know which one.

Seems to be something that is has been happening recently.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

But what about the cost in terms of mentally scarring untold numbers of people!?

[Kohran]

Hey, humans're also a renewable resource, an' sanity is overrated.
----

Kohran is my kind of gal.

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15
Nightmare fuel... I'm surprised it hasn't been used as a concept more often.

spirit armor posted:

That's the lamest wolf I've ever seen. It seems to have lost most of its teeth and its eyes have sunken into its head somehow. I guess this is all Ogami can muster nowadays :(

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Dectilon posted:

It seems to have lost most of its teeth and its eyes have sunken into its head somehow.

That's our Ogami's state alright.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Thanks for making this LP, I'm another guy register to say thanks for your hard work. Sorry I still having a hard time catching up from the minus 50 pages where I am, please don't slow down for me though. :xd:

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Nice update SA, how much is left in the first game anyway?

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Dectilon posted:

That's the lamest wolf I've ever seen. It seems to have lost most of its teeth and its eyes have sunken into its head somehow. I guess this is all Ogami can muster nowadays

Personally, I'm just surprised that he actually managed to summon a wolf (or, for that matter, a canine-like animal of ANY sort, rather than roadkill and/or something without a spine).

Nyaa posted:

Thanks for making this LP, I'm another guy register to say thanks for your hard work. Sorry I still having a hard time catching up from the minus 50 pages where I am, please don't slow down for me though.

... I-I'm not sure if I can bring myself to burst your bubble regarding the pace of this thing, but, uh, glad you like the LP!

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Nice update SA, how much is left in the first game anyway?

Not as much as I thought, actually. After this, we have... what, a chapter and a half left?

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Spirit Armor posted:

Not as much as I thought, actually. After this, we have... what, a chapter and a half left?

So, we might actually see the end of the first game this year? :v:

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Magni posted:

So, we might actually see the end of the first game this year? :v:

WHOA now, let's not get hasty here. :colbert: That's just crazy talk I'm planning to, yes.

I'd rather not think about how long the second game will take. Though I REALLY want to get to the third game.

Rincebrain
Dec 10, 2004

I think we need to find the equivalent of viagra for LPers. Think of all the threads that could benefit from a 24-hour post-every-hour marathon! :iamafag:

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Spirit Armor posted:

WHOA now, let's not get hasty here. :colbert: That's just crazy talk I'm planning to, yes.

I'd rather not think about how long the second game will take. Though I REALLY want to get to the third game.

Honestly, I'm kinda amazed you're still planning on doing any other games. This LP has been going on for a long time, and I think I'd kinda expected it to end after this game was done.

That said, I'm happy to keep following along so long as you're willing to keep up the craziness.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
This is the thread that caused me to part with my :10bux:, so I will be following the Sakura Wars LPs to the bitter end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Honestly, I'm kinda amazed you're still planning on doing any other games. This LP has been going on for a long time, and I think I'd kinda expected it to end after this game was done.
I wager in 20 years time we'll be prasing him for doing a bang-up jo with the Sakura Wars V LP and look forward to how he will handle Sakura Wars VI - XVII

• Locked thread