Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bit
Jan 2, 2010

A bit is the basic unit of information in computing and telecommunications; it is the amount of information that can be stored by a device or other physical system that ca

Krieger von Rosen posted:

It's actually the Cossack theme but yeah, that is odd.

You actually fight Toad Man and Wave Man in Cossack's castle before advancing to Wily's skull fortress, which is actually Quick Man's stage with Wily tacked on the end of it. They pretty much slapped a bunch of the NES games together in no particular order and made the bosses harder. It was still a lot of fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bloody Crowbar
May 9, 2009

bit posted:

You actually fight Toad Man and Wave Man in Cossack's castle before advancing to Wily's skull fortress, which is actually Quick Man's stage with Wily tacked on the end of it. They pretty much slapped a bunch of the NES games together in no particular order and made the bosses harder. It was still a lot of fun though.
It really doesn't look that bad for the only (?) Game Gear Mega Man game. I certainly would have liked to have known of its existence back in the days when I owned one. :colbert:

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
The one thing that bugged me about MM Gamegear when I played it was that you can only have two bullets on-screen at a time as opposed to the normal 3. That, and the sound is pretty drat terrible.

Orcasword
Jan 2, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

I might consider that fixed if I actually gave a poo poo about the Legends games. I'm still annoyed that Volnutt made it in Tatsunoko vs Capcom over X.
Yeah but Zero made it in so it's fine.

Czar Like Stick posted:

Also since we're bragging, when I was in high school I could beat MMX without taking a single hit outside the Vile fights where you're required to lose.
Psh, join the club.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I would take one Legends sequel over ten X sequels. The X series is pretty much done. Legends ends on a cliffhanger.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Dresh posted:

It's not the emulators but the rom itself. The only way to play the Wily Tower is to download a savestate.

No longer correct; there's a version of the rom that saves properly and allows for Wily Tower access.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

bit posted:

Does anyone remember Mega Man on the Game Gear? I used to play it all the time when I was a kid, but hardly any one seems to know about it. It was sort of a mix of a bunch of different NES Mega Man games (4, 5, and a bit of 2). It actually was a very tight and colorful game, its a shame not many people got to experience it. It's worth a play if you can find it, but original carts are hard to come by these days (and expensive to; around $50 last I checked).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2gHAP9gtss

That was my first Mega Man game :canada:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
GG Megaman was made by US Gold so it's a wonder the drat thing even works properly.

Vetinari
Mar 25, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Even though the Megaman storyline is a mishmash of anime cliches and terrible predictability, the ENTIRE overarching story is sort of neat.

Dr. Light creates humanoid robots.
This starts an arms race and various wars of humans, robots and cyborgs.
Dr. Light makes his ultimate creation (twice) to stop the wars.
It takes hundreds of years, but eventually the evolutions of his original creation stop the wars and become legends in their own right.
Far into the future, the descendants of his creations live on while humanity has virtually gone extinct.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

Gun Saliva
Well, I just picked up my copy of Megaman X Complete Works. The Megamissions are in, actually, in the design sketches part of the book around X3 there's some art for the Limited armor. Nice to see that it's at least somewhat acknowledged.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Smoke posted:

Well, I just picked up my copy of Megaman X Complete Works. The Megamissions are in, actually, in the design sketches part of the book around X3 there's some art for the Limited armor. Nice to see that it's at least somewhat acknowledged.

What is the limited armor?

Orcasword
Jan 2, 2009

Schwarzwald posted:

What is the limited armor?

SHHHHH....is secret.

Basically just this transparent armor X and Zero get in the MegaMissions cards. Looks like this:

The green version of X is an evil variation from the MegaMissions card called RX for those wondering.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think they made model kits of them or something.

mathaeis
Dec 16, 2007
severely pro

Smoke posted:

Ah, sorry for almost dashing your hopes then. I did remember seeing that and not being entirely familiar with it, but it's been a while since I played any of the X games aside from 1 anyways. Guess it worked out!

Orcasword
Jan 2, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yep.

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

Gun Saliva

Gammatron 64 posted:

The model kits of those were pretty awesome though. Originally the EX armor was released as an addon set(New shoulder armor and a buster for both X and Zero, and new feet and chest armor for X as well) to apply to the regular model kits of X and Zero, but the later boxed releases have fully transparent armor for both X and Zero. The All X armor was released separately and is also fully transparent. Return X also got a version released, which is also transparent.

The busters the models use are completely different from the ones used in the actual art though.

Have some images of 'em.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Gammatron 64 posted:

I would take one Legends sequel over ten X sequels. The X series is pretty much done. Legends ends on a cliffhanger.

If I find a copy of Legends 2 that isn't 80 bucks I'll actually go through it and do the extra stuff and maybe remember the storyline. First and only time I played through it I skipped all the mini dungeons and raced to the end and it bothers me to this day.

xezton
Jan 31, 2005

These videos just went up on youtube. Gameplay of the stadium stage.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdZ9QlUcqnA&feature=sub
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-lWZBaX0jc&feature=sub
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nf1C9y3ZZs&feature=sub (I believe this one is on "easy mode")

xezton fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jan 8, 2010

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

xezton posted:

These videos just went up on youtube. Gameplay of the stadium stage.

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdZ9QlUcqnA&feature=sub
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-lWZBaX0jc&feature=sub
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nf1C9y3ZZs&feature=sub (I believe this one is on "easy mode")

What robot master is that for? Sports Man?
Looks like they had the sense to put in hotkey buttons to switch powers this time, thank Christ for that.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

raditts posted:

What robot master is that for? Sports Man?
Looks like they had the sense to put in hotkey buttons to switch powers this time, thank Christ for that.

Probably that or Athlete Man. As was seen earlier he looks to at least have a baseball mit as one hand and probably football gear

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Umpires also wear shoulder pads, and American football is nonexistent outside of the US, so chances are this is a baseball-theme exclusive boss.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

If there's a football-player boss in MM10 then I will be convinced that Capcom is stealing ideas from my brain :tinfoil:. Just like they did with Pirate Man in MM&B, and Ride Boarski in MMX7 (the latter of whom they nailed right down to the color scheme - only thing missing was a pair of sharpened ramming tusks).

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jan 8, 2010

mathaeis
Dec 16, 2007
severely pro
That second goalie can eff off. :(

Lasse Lillebakken
Jul 23, 2007

请大家闭嘴
Awesome voice acting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulbotKa5LnM#t=5m8s

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Lasse Lillebakken posted:

Awesome voice acting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulbotKa5LnM#t=5m8s

"We'll find Doctor Wowly."

I'm gonna have that voice stuck in my head now anytime I play an X game and find a Dr. Light capsule.

Tucked In The Cut
Nov 15, 2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd rather brush my teeth
with a rusty razor
than front and bullshit
with all you fakers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shadow225 posted:

Umpires also wear shoulder pads, and American football is nonexistent outside of the US, so chances are this is a baseball-theme exclusive boss.

They did a football themed boss for Battle Network, in all versions:
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/FootMan

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm gonna have that voice stuck in my head now anytime I play an X game and find a Dr. Light capsule.

Dr. Elmer Fudd Light is another reason I never made it all the way through Megaman 8.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

TaurusOxford posted:

I've been playing through 8 and I just don't know how half the game's lines haven't become memes yet.

"I'm Aqua Man! But you can call me HANDSOME GUY!"

Orcasword
Jan 2, 2009
We already know who these two are:

SheepMan

and Commando Man

Here're my predictions for the rest:

SportsMan
AthleteMan
BaseMan

SewerMan(or Sewage)
ToxicMan

RoadMan
SpeedMan
WheelMan

LavaMan
ScorchMan

ArcticMan
PolarMan
SnowMan

BladeMan
SharpMan

Orcasword fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 8, 2010

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Those all sound possible, but for some reason I feel like there was already a Blade Man...

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Electromax posted:

Those all sound possible, but for some reason I feel like there was already a Blade Man...

You might be thinking of Sword Man from 8.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

There's a Blade Man in the terrible Mega Man 3 for PC.

LordRanedor
Sep 19, 2004
Lord of Lords. Ranedor of Ranedors.
Didn't see this here yet, unless I've overlooked something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgoVZqCsXCo#t=0m07s

Officially:

Blade Man, Solar Man, Sheep Man

Chill Man, Commando Man

Nitro Man, Strike Man, Pump Man

Edit:

xezton posted:

The above video of the stage select went bye-bye, but this one just popped up and, although it's just pretty much a screen shot of the other one, it also includes some different music, sounds like the title theme if anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoNCh_aB_1I

LordRanedor fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jan 9, 2010

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Orcasword posted:

predictions

LordRanedor posted:

Officially:

Chill Man, Commando Man

Ooh, one for six. Better luck with Mega Man 11 if there is one, eh?

Orcasword
Jan 2, 2009

BiggerJ posted:

Ooh, one for six. Better luck with Mega Man 11 if there is one, eh?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Orcasword posted:

I don't know what this means but I didn't mean anything by what I said. I just couldn't help myself.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

LordRanedor posted:

Officially:

Chill Man, Commando Man

It was supposed to be Chill Woman

:tinfoil:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

That reminds me of the Mega Man 7 review in the old Australian official Nintendo magazine Nintendo Magazine System. It had the wrong names for at least some of the Robot Masters (or perhaps they were early names during translation); if I remember correctly, Spring Man was Coil Man, Shade Man was Vampire Man, and Freeze Man was... Chill Man.

Orcasword
Jan 2, 2009

BiggerJ posted:

I don't know what this means but I didn't mean anything by what I said. I just couldn't help myself.

Foghorn sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Shadow225 posted:

American football is nonexistent outside of the US

The Japanese are bigger on Football than you'd think, and Soccer is called Soccer there, as God intended it.