Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Ozz81 posted:

Fourth (post-DX) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwjUf_rAhxU

There was also a version of this without the words but I don't know for sure when he used it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Ozz81 posted:

Well, he had his Motorhead "Game" theme when he came back on 2002 from his first quad tear, and it's 2010 now...so yeah. And he had that theme well before '02, I think his themes went in order like so:

First: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RjVU3eEyKw
Second: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52qjx2gnaA
Third (DX) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl6nx2d5q9o
Fourth (post-DX) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwjUf_rAhxU
Fifth (The Game) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mMj0qUcZbc
Sixth (King of Kings) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5glgn8rmELE

But he's been using the Motorhead "The Game" theme forever, I know since maybe late '90s or early '00s, so it's stayed for over 10 years for sure.

You're mising two thmes between his third and fourth.

Corporate Player (used while in The Corporation)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OutH2e8sEAI

Higher Brain Pattern (My Time without vocals, basically)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBUSH2oeTW8

There's also another version of My Time he used after The Game for a short time, then went back to The Game.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Has anyone other than HHH ever used Ode To Joy as an entrance theme? Its pretty cool.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ozz81 posted:

But he's been using the Motorhead "The Game" theme forever, I know since maybe late '90s or early '00s, so it's stayed for over 10 years for sure.
I'm not sure why you quoted me here. I was talking about Eric Bischoff, not HHH.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
What's the GIF showing Maria making this really awkward grimace about (usually accompanied by some jab about how bad an actress she is)? I've seen it around here a lot, but I've tried to search around to figure it out myself but I haven't come up with anything. Also can someone post a link to the original video if possible?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

crankdatbatman posted:

What's the GIF showing Maria making this really awkward grimace about (usually accompanied by some jab about how bad an actress she is)? I've seen it around here a lot, but I've tried to search around to figure it out myself but I haven't come up with anything. Also can someone post a link to the original video if possible?

Dolph Ziggler just dumped her.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

RKOMG! posted:

Dolph Ziggler just dumped her.

That storyline really went nowhere, didn't it?

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

crankdatbatman posted:

Eh? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f5ozU7efXE

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

That storyline really went nowhere, didn't it?

Dolph Ziggler is just a go-nowhere kind of guy.

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

MassRayPer posted:

I disagree, Dolph is a go-to-bathroom kind of guy

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Now it makes sense, she's trying to cry. I thought she forgot her lines or something.

No wonder typing in "Maria bad actress" into youtube didn't work.

CrankyProf
Apr 22, 2008

by angerbotSD

MassRayPer posted:

They need to repackage him as Jack Burton, and make his finisher the pork-chop express.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

MassRayPer posted:

No, he's a get-your-career-hosed-by-Rey kind of guy.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

CrankyProf posted:

They need to repackage him as Jack Burton, and make his finisher the pork-chop express.

Or Dolph Bauer and give him some kind of lame mission every week.

Vince: My burrito is set to come out of the microwave in twenty four minutes and I want it back HOT.

Dolph: Damnit, I am running out of time!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Do you think we'll get MacGruber as a guest host?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

When did the Brisco/Patterson vs. New Age Outlaws hardcore match happen? A description I read made it sound pretty interesting (the old guys busting out the loaded gloves and powder to the eyes) but failed to mention a date.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

projecthalaxy posted:

When did the Brisco/Patterson vs. New Age Outlaws hardcore match happen? A description I read made it sound pretty interesting (the old guys busting out the loaded gloves and powder to the eyes) but failed to mention a date.

First thing google brought up was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9vADBKkg0A

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

WeaselWeaz posted:

No, he's a get-your-career-hosed-by-Rey kind of guy.
If Rey hates him then he's clearly not very good.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Why did Jericho change the Walls to a generic crab?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DannoMack posted:

Because the really big guys couldn't be put into it properly/stretch properly and because apparently it REALLY loving HURT to be in it. I believe he said that it was really necessary to change it, and I seem to recall him appearing on Tough Enough and putting a guy into it by request and the guy said it was incredibly painful.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

DannoMack posted:

The Walls was really, really hard to get out of because of the angle you're held at. In addition to Jerusalem's reasons, a crab allows more options during a match since the opponent has different ways to break or reverse it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

WeaselWeaz posted:

The Walls was really, really hard to get out of because of the angle you're held at. In addition to Jerusalem's reasons, a crab allows more options during a match since the opponent has different ways to break or reverse it.

Well this just makes no sense. Why would Jericho switch to a move that is easier to counter? Doesn't he want to win?!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I do still mark out when Jericho breaks out the Lion Tamer on the small and flippy (give me your Kofis, you're Bornes, you're huddled Mysterios yearning to break in three).

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

oldpainless posted:

Well this just makes no sense. Why would Jericho switch to a move that is easier to counter? Doesn't he want to win?!

Mark :chord:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TL posted:

I do still mark out when Jericho breaks out the Lion Tamer on the small and flippy (give me your Kofis, you're Bornes, you're huddled Mysterios yearning to break in three).

he busted it out on the big and the bulky cena last year

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

dusty udder smoker posted:

he busted it out on the big and the bulky cena last year

Which, considering Cena's neck, is frightening.

Also, watching SmackDown I just saw him bust it out on JTG, who is neither small nor flippy.

battlemonk
Dec 10, 2008

TL posted:

Which, considering Cena's neck, is frightening.

Also, watching SmackDown I just saw him bust it out on JTG, who is neither small nor flippy.

So the answer is more of a "He busts it out utilizes it under specific circumstances with specific guys, who he's probably practiced it with and agreed to it beforehand."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

oldpainless posted:

He's so good, he can win with the worst submission hold ever. :smug:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
JTG is small AND flippy. Shad is large and also in charge. That's why they work so well together!

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Because you get bored of using the same move over and over when you're the man of 1004 holds!

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

battlemonk posted:

So the answer is more of a "He busts it out utilizes it under specific circumstances with specific guys, who he's probably practiced it with and agreed to it beforehand."

Wrestling is scripted.:eng101:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Jericho oughta use the Walls ---> Liontamer when someone tries to reach the ropes, much like Angle's grapevined ankle lock.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

All it would take is for one announcer to differentiate between the walls and the liontamer in one match, then say "The liontamer is virtually inescapable, but Jericho can only use it on wrestlers smaller than himself."

Kayfabe problem solved, finisher put over, match more interesting.

Wrestling is not rocket-science.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Pneub posted:

Wrestling is scripted.:eng101:

:aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

CM Junk posted:

Mark :chord:

Until the day i die. When you stop being a mark for things, wrestling ceases to be fun. Sometimes i wish I had never discovered the dirt sheets and shoot interviews and whatnot. Ah, to be young and innocent again.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

LividLiquid posted:

All it would take is for one announcer to differentiate between the walls and the liontamer in one match, then say "The liontamer is virtually inescapable, but Jericho can only use it on wrestlers smaller than himself."

Kayfabe problem solved, finisher put over, match more interesting.

Wrestling is not rocket-science.

I've definitely heard the explanation during a match that the Walls are more effective on bigger guys, so you could extrapolate from that that the more basic move on the big guys is as effective as the full Liontamer on the smaller ones.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

the finish at Sould Out 98 has an awesome example of how great the liontamer can be used on small dudes

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Golden Bee posted:

JTG is small AND flippy. Shad is large and also in charge. That's why they work so well together!
I was wikitrawling the other day and found out Shad Gaspard is the wrestler's real, full name. That really surprised me, since I assumed it was WWE SOP to give a name that can be trademarked (and more importantly, that the wrestler can't take with them when they leave - qv "Chris Chen" on TNA)

Are there any other nobodys/internally developed talents that WWE has allowed to use their real names for?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tendrilsfor20 posted:

I was wikitrawling the other day and found out Shad Gaspard is the wrestler's real, full name. That really surprised me, since I assumed it was WWE SOP to give a name that can be trademarked (and more importantly, that the wrestler can't take with them when they leave - qv "Chris Chen" on TNA)

Are there any other nobodys/internally developed talents that WWE has allowed to use their real names for?

shelton benjamin comes to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

tendrilsfor20 posted:

There's these two schmoes called John Cena and Randy Orton that use their own names, but they probably don't have any big plans for those guys anyway. :v: