Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

racecardriver
Apr 27, 2009
My girlfriend got me the NECA Black and White Ninja Turtles for Christmas. They got in yesterday. Man, I love these things. Hulk says hi from the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Bushifox posted:

Found a manbat today. Now I only need a joker to complete the ones I want from that wave. Also, walmart has the rest of their ares wave at half price. Lots of iron men, war machines, and scarlet spiders if anyone wants one.

It's probably leftovers from the Nemesis wave, the cases included those figures for some stupid reason.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Satsuki posted:

It's probably leftovers from the Nemesis wave, the cases included those figures for some stupid reason.

Mine had both sets in randomly this week too.

Found Man-bat and Powergirl in Spokane this weekend. Still haven't seen the batman from this wave though.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
As a heads up, I have a spare Beast Boy if anyone needs him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've seen everything but the Question which is course the only one I want.

JohnThermos
Dec 8, 2005

I CAN HAS USB NOW?

funtax posted:

As a heads up, I have a spare Beast Boy if anyone needs him.

How much do you want for him?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

JohnThermos posted:

How much do you want for him?

$17 shipped in-box, $15 shipped loose. He was $12.99 retail, so I just want to cover shipping costs.

JohnThermos
Dec 8, 2005

I CAN HAS USB NOW?

funtax posted:

$17 shipped in-box, $15 shipped loose. He was $12.99 retail, so I just want to cover shipping costs.

Sounds like a deal, you can keep the BAF part in case anyone else needs it. Having it around will only serve to tempt to build another BAF. PM or email me at johnthermos at gmail.

racecardriver
Apr 27, 2009
Anyone know if a Shade: The Changing Man action figure was ever released? Been looking but can't find it. I really want the Morpheus figure that was released years ago, the one that comes with Matthew the Raven.

Also, on a side note, my friend found a Jessue Custer and a Saint of Killers for $4.99 each. I am very jealous.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

JohnThermos posted:

Sounds like a deal, you can keep the BAF part in case anyone else needs it. Having it around will only serve to tempt to build another BAF. PM or email me at johnthermos at gmail.

PM sent.

In unrelated DCUC news, I got my MattyCollector case today and it came with the invisible leg Deadman, which I thought was a retail only variant. Not sure if it was a fluke or random chance or what, but figured I'd mention it to the chase-figure obsessives.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I found almost all of wave 9 today at retail. Fred Meyer stores seem to be getting them in now. Best thing is they only charge 9.99 for them.

Anyone finds an extra Wildcat and Black Adam, let me know. Those are the only 2 I didn't find.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have a bunch of DC figures

Shazam w/base
Guardian
Big Barda
Blue Beetle
Firestorm (Ronnie) w/base
Kid Flash
Deadshot
Booster Gold
Booster Gold (Classic) x2

All new in package, $13 each shipped to the continental United States.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 6, 2010

BertramTS
Nov 27, 2002
Bit of an outsider here, but my almost 6 year old son has been getting into superheroes and I discovered that Walmarts in Canada just got a whack of the DC Infinte? collection (the 3.75 ones) with Supes, Batman in grey or blue, Jay Garrick, Green Arrow and many others all on for $3. I grabbed anything he might like. Not sure how people feel about these, it seems most are focused on the larger DCU figures.

Actually paid full price for a Blue Beetle at TRU, I'd like him and Booster for myself. I loved the Bwa-Ha League.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

BertramTS posted:

Bit of an outsider here, but my almost 6 year old son has been getting into superheroes and I discovered that Walmarts in Canada just got a whack of the DC Infinte? collection (the 3.75 ones) with Supes, Batman in grey or blue, Jay Garrick, Green Arrow and many others all on for $3. I grabbed anything he might like. Not sure how people feel about these, it seems most are focused on the larger DCU figures.

Actually paid full price for a Blue Beetle at TRU, I'd like him and Booster for myself. I loved the Bwa-Ha League.
It doesn't matter what we prefer, it matters what your son prefers.

As an adult, I can't stand 3.75" figures because the detail is poo poo and I own them for display purposes. As a kid, I loved the gently caress out of them because they all came with accessories and were small enough to fit in my pocket if i was going somewhere.

Most people are focused on the larger figures because the waves are smaller and there's a more limited supply so you're chasing a lot of figures. A lot of the talk is about when are they released, where are they released and does anyone want to trade. That doesn't mean people don't like the smaller ones, they're just more easily accessible.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I think 3.75 inch stuff works for certain lines where vehicles are mandatory, like Star Wars. 6" scale vehicles would be enormous and expensive. A 6" full scale Millenium Falcon would be like 7" feet long. I also agree with RevKrule, they're way better if you're a kid. Smaller to hold, and where ever you're playing with them becomes that much bigger, whether it's the bathtub or backyard. The original Infinite Heroes stuff didn't do it for me since the articulation was pretty bad and its sister line, DCUC, was (no pun intended) infinitely better. It was also strange that a line that should have been marketed towards kids, had the first series be a bunch of obscure characters like Reverse Flash, Black Hand, Man Hunter Robot, etc. Kids don't know who those are, but if there had been Batman or Superman off the bat instead of several waves later, I don't think it would have tanked to bad.

But I guess a bunch of new releases have ball jointed hips and arms, which means they're willing to improve it.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm making a diorama and using gi joe sized figures. Can anyone suggest any Aliens (as in Alien, Aliens, Aliens 3, Aliens vs Predator) figures that would fit that scale/don't look like poo poo.

Mapocho
Dec 14, 2006

No pares de creer.
Unfortunately I cant think of any aliens of that size that would look good, unless they were custom made. I do recommend the alien egg from kubrick though, it's the right size and looks proper.

Click here for the full 798x605 image.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

AxeManiac posted:

I'm making a diorama and using gi joe sized figures. Can anyone suggest any Aliens (as in Alien, Aliens, Aliens 3, Aliens vs Predator) figures that would fit that scale/don't look like poo poo.

Wait a little bit. Revoltech are putting out an Alien figure soon.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

AxeManiac posted:

I'm a huge fan of the Hot Toys 'Aliens' Snap Kits. It's my favorite Alien figure by any company, in fact.

They come in 3 colors (to reflect the colors that the costumes were in the movie at different points). I've got a blue one with a closed mouth sitting next to my PC monitor right now and he's really awesome.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Zeitgueist posted:

Alright I'll check at work after the break but I did specifically confirm that he is not any rarer than any other figure.

Maybe there's a ton of him chilling in a warehouse somewhere.

Okay so I checked and did confirm that some figures in older waves may have been produced in noticeably smaller quantities than other figures.

Newer waves have this difference reduced substantially, but it is definitely possible that Gentleman Ghost will always be significantly less common percentage wise than the other figures. I can't say that what's out there is all there ever will be, though.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So is there any chance hes going to show up as one of the Worlds Greatest figures in another case?

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.

Mapocho posted:

Unfortunately I cant think of any aliens of that size that would look good, unless they were custom made. I do recommend the alien egg from kubrick though, it's the right size and looks proper.

Click here for the full 798x605 image.

On first glance that kind of looks like a cock and balls. You know you all thought it, too.

Those black and white ninja turtles are kinda awesome.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Fish Of Doom posted:

I think 3.75 inch stuff works for certain lines where vehicles are mandatory, like Star Wars. 6" scale vehicles would be enormous and expensive. A 6" full scale Millenium Falcon would be like 7" feet long. I also agree with RevKrule, they're way better if you're a kid. Smaller to hold, and where ever you're playing with them becomes that much bigger, whether it's the bathtub or backyard. The original Infinite Heroes stuff didn't do it for me since the articulation was pretty bad and its sister line, DCUC, was (no pun intended) infinitely better. It was also strange that a line that should have been marketed towards kids, had the first series be a bunch of obscure characters like Reverse Flash, Black Hand, Man Hunter Robot, etc. Kids don't know who those are, but if there had been Batman or Superman off the bat instead of several waves later, I don't think it would have tanked to bad.

But I guess a bunch of new releases have ball jointed hips and arms, which means they're willing to improve it.

I would have loved those figures when I was little. Eminem came into my local shop and cleared the store out of all those figures, even though they were ridiculously priced. Ten bucks for such a small figure? The gently caress?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

The_Doctor posted:

Wait a little bit. Revoltech are putting out an Alien figure soon.

holy crap, those are awesome.

The snap ones could work too, they look pretty affordable too.

poo poo, they are insanely expensive from eBay, guess I will wait for the Revoltech ones.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

I would have loved those figures when I was little. Eminem came into my local shop and cleared the store out of all those figures, even though they were ridiculously priced. Ten bucks for such a small figure? The gently caress?

Wait, what?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Slim Shady.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Satsuki posted:

Slim Shady.

brain dead like Jim Brady

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Don't start this now.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

mods rename me posted:

Wait, what?

Showed up with his posse and bought a couple hundred bucks in toys. Seriously.

And I know that you all love ICP. Their buddies Twiztid shop at the same store. Buys all the horror and Batman toys, mostly Mego type stuff.

Has anyone been collecting the Blackest Night figures? I'd love to see how they look on display. I've been tempted to get a few.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

The Rage posted:

So is there any chance hes going to show up as one of the Worlds Greatest figures in another case?

Gentleman Ghost? No. Those are All-Star sets of A-list characters only. I wouldn't expect him to show up again soon unless he had a completely different character design floating around somewhere.

Not that I make those decisions, so who knows.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Die Laughing posted:

Showed up with his posse and bought a couple hundred bucks in toys. Seriously.

And I know that you all love ICP. Their buddies Twiztid shop at the same store. Buys all the horror and Batman toys, mostly Mego type stuff.

Has anyone been collecting the Blackest Night figures? I'd love to see how they look on display. I've been tempted to get a few.

Hah what store? I'm in Central Michigan but I'm south a fair amount.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

mods rename me posted:

Hah what store? I'm in Central Michigan but I'm south a fair amount.

Liberty Comics, just North of 696 on Gratiot. Stop on in sometime. I haven't been to many comic stores, but from my experience, it's a good one. Even got commercials showing on cable in the Macomb area.

I don't think Eminem comes in there with any regularity. He just came in after releasing his latest album, and having a shopping spree across the street at the record store.

End plug.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know when that GI Joe figure will be released with the motorcycle armor?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Die Laughing posted:

I have Kryb, and I think she looks great with my other Yellow Lanterns. I can take a picture when I get home. Atrocitus and Saint Walker look cool as well, and Larfleeze is coming in series 3. The aliens can be fudged to be in scale with DCUC, but the humans are way too tall.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Stumbled across this pic on the Spawn.com toy boards:

It's a Superman figure repainted to look like 2D comic book art. I think it's a pretty cool effect. Apparently it was done by "frogDNA" over at Procustomizers.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Stumbled across this pic on the Spawn.com toy boards:

It's a Superman figure repainted to look like 2D comic book art. I think it's a pretty cool effect. Apparently it was done by "frogDNA" over at Procustomizers.
Holy crap, that is hilarious and awesome! I have that same figure and I'm so tempted to try that now.

Whorehey
Jun 3, 2006
You saw it here first folks...

Die Laughing posted:

Liberty Comics, just North of 696 on Gratiot. Stop on in sometime. I haven't been to many comic stores, but from my experience, it's a good one. Even got commercials showing on cable in the Macomb area.

I don't think Eminem comes in there with any regularity. He just came in after releasing his latest album, and having a shopping spree across the street at the record store.

End plug.

I'll take a picture of the first series of the Blackest Night figures this weekend when I go home. I leave most of my toys at home while I'm at school. They look really nice with really great attention to detail. Some of the lanterns are flimsy but the bases with the corresponding color and logo on them is a nice touch, I feel.

Also you should at least check out the Vault of Midnight in the Ann Arbor area if you get down that far. It's by far the best comic shop I've been to.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I've been there I think and may or may not have purchased a doll there.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

\"Rhyno\" posted:

Ive seen everything but the Question which is course the only one I want.

Sup disappointed buddy. :smith::hf::smith:

Is Question short packed or a chase? His prices online seem a smidge too high. Im gonna try and hit up my local Target and Wal-Mart, hoping hes unpopular enough there that they might have him. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm trying to get like 3 Questions for customs also :(
I just don't think they've hit hard yet.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jan 12, 2010