Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skulljoke
Sep 24, 2009

Brannock posted:

Why can't they windwalk out of the desert?

When they were buying supplies at the last city they were in, Durkon mentioned that the desert winds were too strong to use Wind Walk safely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Skulljoke posted:

When they were buying supplies at the last city they were in, Durkon mentioned that the desert winds were too strong to use Wind Walk safely

AKA "The GM rolled up these combat encounters and you're not taking any shortcuts around them dammit!"

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Ashenai posted:

The point is the Mr. Scruffy noticed the sensor, which definitely implies high intelligence and/or Arcana knowledge. (Scrying sensors aren't normally visible.)

I thought it was more a reference to the notion that animals can see things that aren't there, like dogs barking at ghosts and what not.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
I just noticed that V finally made it to level 15.

Anomalous
Jun 27, 2004

by R. Guyovich
New Strip. Oh my.

And in case of the inevitable crash of the server as the dogpile commences:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Who's his friend? The Paladin?

I have the best taste in this whole damn place
Yes.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

crime fighting hog posted:

Who's his friend? The Paladin?

This comment literally proves to me that goons don't actually retain anything they read.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

HKR posted:

This comment literally proves to me that goons don't actually retain anything they read.

I was fairly certain but didn't want to go through 200 strips to find out. So it wasn't out of lack of retaining, just laziness :v:

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

I notice that we didn't see Redcloak's face in that comic.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

You could see the strap from his new eyepatch though.

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

HKR posted:

I feel like I should reply to this post, but everytime I start typing I forget what you said.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
New Strip:

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Too many words shouldn't this story be over by now I can't believe he's just making filler strips I don't get what's happening who is that girl?

There, I just covered all goon responses.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Huh, so that ghoul still exists. The one that was in Haley's resistance.

Anyone have any guesses as to what this ritual is? Some sort of phylactery summons?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

So, looks like a pretty major clue right there. The MitD recognized the ritual as being incomplete with just a glance. He seems to inherently understand magic, even if he doesn't realize it.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

tazman posted:

Huh, so that ghoul still exists. The one that was in Haley's resistance.

Anyone have any guesses as to what this ritual is? Some sort of phylactery summons?

Presumably the ritual to control a Gate/unleash the Snarl where you want; that needs a divine caster and an arcane caster if I'm remembering correctly. So either Xykon has both halves and gave her the divine half so he doesn't need Redcloak anymore or Xykon just has the arcane half and wants to see if she can figure out the divine half so he won't need Redcloak anymore.

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

I think he's definitely laying the ground works for a Redcloak face turn, most likely in some part due to Redcloak's memory of Right Eye.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

HKR posted:

Too many words shouldn't this story be over by now I can't believe he's just making filler strips I don't get what's happening who is that girl?

There, I just covered all goon responses.

You missed "Still better than Erfworld."

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved
Breaking news: the Monster in the Darkness is no longer the most naive member of the cast.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

ZorbaTHut posted:

Breaking news: the Monster in the Darkness is no longer the most naive member of the cast.

Especially since Xykon's not one of those disgusting biophiliacs.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
New Strip

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
drat, I guess (Start of darkness spoiler) killing your brother never leaves you...suprisingly.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Heh. A handjob joke from the roach. Classy. :)

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

When did Redcloak lose an eye? Or is he just losing his mind?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

terminal mehmet posted:

O-Chul's escape. Xykon forbade him to use Regenerate to get it back.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Oh right, I forgot about that.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

terminal mehmet posted:

O-Chul's prison break. And Xykon forbade Redcloak from using magic to regenerate his lost eye calling the loss of Redcloak's eye his personal "idiot tax.".
e;fb

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
A lot more orange in than crowd than green (which I suppose you could express as "more hob than gob"). I thought they lost more hobgoblins during the siege than goblins due to Redcloak's late-realized racism.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Yeah, but they didn't have that many goblins to begin with. They only had an army because they took over the hobgoblins.

Nosy_G
May 6, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

(which I suppose you could express as "more hob than gob")

This should be the only way to express it as. :colbert:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Hooray! And now goblinkind has a place it can call its own!

I am absolutely sure no enormously powerful undead monsters will decide this is a distraction from absolute subjugation and kill one in ten of the residents as an example to the rest.

I hope we get yakfolk in the comic.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

Mystic Mongol posted:

I am absolutely sure no enormously powerful undead monsters will decide this is a distraction from absolute subjugation and kill one in ten of the residents as an example to the rest.

I hope we get yakfolk in the comic.

One in ten seems too little for Xykon's preferences.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mystic Mongol posted:

Nah, it'll probably actually go the other way. Occupations require a substantial military presence and micromanagement to operate-- sovereign nations can elect and appoint their own leaders to run poo poo whilst the military go off on hair-brained crusades into foreign territory.

tazman
Jan 23, 2005
hammer time
Oh god I just figured out the flag. I read this way too much.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

tazman posted:

Oh god I just figured out the flag. I read this way too much.

I get the green and orange stars, but what do the other two stand for?

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Ashenai posted:

I get the green and orange stars, but what do the other two stand for?
Brown for bugbears I presume, and purple for Xykon.

Ratzinkaiser
Feb 14, 2008

Books transportalize us to a realm of imagination and adventure
Since it's high above the rest, I would say the purple is meant to represent the Dark One he's purple skinned in Start of Darkness, the goblinoids' god. All while on a field of crimson to match the mantle, classy.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!

Ratzinkaiser posted:

Since it's high above the rest, I would say the purple is meant to represent the Dark One he's purple skinned in Start of Darkness, the goblinoids' god. All while on a field of crimson to match the mantle, classy.
That's a much better explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
drat it, the little hobgoblin kid is too cute.

It's nice to see Redcloak being evil not for the sake of being evil, but evil for the sake of his people. It's still evil, but it's not cliche evil.