Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Taerkar posted:

I don't see any way to argue with proof like that. Being as there is none

I think he got this hard hitting investigation mixed up with the first time someone told him about Susan Boyle.

"Someone sent me a myspace message and then I looked up some videos on youtube (but I can't tell you which ones)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Thanks for the replies. I did find the link to snopes before any replies and sent it to hi, but I am looking for something more consistent that I can do when I get these mails. He sends 2-3 per week with the worst garbage in them and it drives me nuts.

I hope he doesn't get that snopes one yet... then I'd have to sit there and show him how the basic math doesn't work.

It's nuts. He takes everything he hears on foxnews, AM radio, and these emails at face value and believes them 100%. He doesn't check or use any other source because he's been told for years that all of the other media is bias and can't be trusted. (what the gently caress does that mean anyway, AM Radio and Fox News openly admit they are biased, but claim to be fair and balanced and arrrrrrrrrrghhh)

Sorry for this rant. It's just that this junk mail today has finally pushed me over the line, and I just can't let my dad sit around digesting this poo poo anymore.

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
:roboluv:
So what happens when you show him how complete bullshit the e-mails are? Does he just ignore it and keep sending new e-mails? If that's the case, I don't see what more you can do besides asking him to stop and ultimately blocking him.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Turing sex machine posted:

So what happens when you show him how complete bullshit the e-mails are? Does he just ignore it and keep sending new e-mails? If that's the case, I don't see what more you can do besides asking him to stop and ultimately blocking him.

Yeah, I think the best way to go about this is to just not get into the ever-spiraling evidence->liberal-media! loop and just refute and question the things that are obvious and shouldn't require a link to a news story like the 48 states thing, the extremely subjective and misleading language about the "tax paying land owners" and people living in tenement welfare megadomes that has next to nothing to do with actual voting or reality, no explanation of why it takes five years for illegals to destroy the country, etc.

Or you could link him directly to this professors Hamline University faculty page where he says it's bullshit:

http://law.hamline.edu/node/784

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 15, 2010

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

quote:

IMPORTANT! PLEASE FWD TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW! YOU'RE CHILDREN'S LIVE'S ARE ON THE LINE!

Diabetes is on the rise. Have You ever wondered why? My friend's daughter works for the CDC and she is terrified about what they are doing but afraid to say anything. The CDC is moving forward on a project to control the population of the USA for the federal government and make it impossible to revolt! How could they do that?

Easy.

They are infecting the citizen's of the United States with diabetes! Once everyone has diabetes we can not complain or try to run away or we will die without our government mandated insulin treatment!

My friend's daughter says that they are working closely with local and state government's to introduce chemicals into our food supply to speed up the process which has until now been carried out entirely through vaccination.

They want you to die if you do not obey! Don't let them control you!

*DON'T get the flu shot* The flu shot is their favorite vaccination because they can trick people into taking it every year and sometimes, if they are clever and can make up a new flu, twice a year!

*DON'T drink water from the faucet or bottled water that is bottled inside the United States!

*SEND THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!* They want you to believe it is you living your life that makes you sick. It is not you. American's have lived the same way for centuries. It isn't our body or our food or our GOD GIVEN way of life that is making us ill.

*DON'T let them win by taking control of America by making us all dependent on the treatment they give us for the illness they have given us!

It all makes perfect sense now. How could I have been so blinded.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I wish you well, but I fear your quest is ultimately futile. They're not interested in facts or reality. They take their stances for emotional reasons based on what they wish were true. They don't care about the world as it is. They live in a fantasy world based on how they wish the world actually were.

It's equivalent to arguing with creationists. You'll never change their mind about anything through factual refutation, unfortunately.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Yes gentlemen, they are on their way in, and no one can bring them back. For the sake of our country, and our way of life, I suggest you get the rest of SAC in after them. Otherwise, we will be totally destroyed by Red retaliation. My boys will give you the best kind of start, 1400 megatons worth, and you sure as hell won't stop them now. So let's get going, there's no other choice. God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural fluids. God bless you all

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
:roboluv:
Centuries ago, when many Americans regularly ate at the GOD GIVEN local McDonald's,

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
You'd think the CDC would control the populace with a more horrific and harder to treat disease, like AIDS, cancer, etc.

But no. They chose DIABETES!!!!!

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
^ Well, when you consider that television and high fructose corn syrup both came to be within a few decades of each other, it begins to seem a little more feasible. This perfect storm of gluttony and sloth has produced the typical fat American of today. It seems almost...planned.

xrunner posted:

Are you sure the person who forwarded this didn't do it as a prank? Because this isn't even political, it's just funny. No tap or bottled water?

jackpot fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 15, 2010

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Toad on a Hat posted:

You'd think the CDC would control the populace with a more horrific and harder to treat disease, like AIDS, cancer, etc.

But no. They chose DIABETES!!!!!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47959/diabetus.jpg

It all makes sense.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

jackpot posted:

Are you sure the person who forwarded this didn't do it as a prank? Because this isn't even political, it's just funny. No tap or bottled water?

It came from my aunt who forwards all sorts of health threats and conspiracies. It's possible someone was pranking her I guess but she's pretty nutty so who knows. At least it was funny, most of the stuff she sends is really dry crap about vaccines causing autism and stuff.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

xrunner posted:

It came from my aunt who forwards all sorts of health threats and conspiracies. It's possible someone was pranking her I guess but she's pretty nutty so who knows. At least it was funny, most of the stuff she sends is really dry crap about vaccines causing autism and stuff.

If anyone ever sent me this poo poo I would take it completely at face value and give them hell every time I saw them eating or drinking anything.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
My parents forwarded that Blizzard/Katrina e-mail today. I immediately replied to all (including all the people he forwarded to) with "Don't forward this racist crap anymore."

My mother replied with "I don't see how it's racist! The people banded together to solve a problem."

:ughh:

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

tek79 posted:

For those suggesting Snopes as a good source of debunking (it is), your dumb relatives may not take it so seriously. I have at least 3 that refute anything researched by Snopes, because the founders of Snopes are in fact totally "in the tank" for Obama (i.e. commie sympathizers). Just a heads up. I've received this twice now.

But that's the beauty of that particular "Hamline professor" email - it contains simple data that is very easy to debunk without being difficult to understand, such as the number of states won by Obama and McCain, it becomes clear with the slightest inspection that it's recycled crap from 2000 or 2004 with a false attribution to boot.

If wingnuts want to hold firm to their precious email, ask if they are willing to bet a hundred bucks on whether you or the email is correct on the number of states won by Obama and McCain, agreeing upon a source like the Fox News website's election results to settle the bet.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

quote:

A TRUE STORY FROM...

THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER
IN HOUSTON, TEXAS
March 5th, 2009

Last Thursday night round midnight, a woman in Houston, Texas was arrested, jailed, and charged with manslaughter for shooting a man 6 times in the back as he was running away with her purse.

The following Monday morning, the woman was called in front of the arraignment judge, sworn in, and asked to explain her actions.

The woman replied, "I was standing at the corner bus stop for about 15 minutes, waiting for the bus to take me home after work. I am a waitress at a local cafe. I was there alone, so I had my right hand on my pistol, that was in my purse, that was hung over my left shoulder.

"All of a sudden I was being spun around hard to my left. As I caught my balance, I saw a man running away from me with my purse.

I looked down at my right hand and I saw that my fingers were wrapped tightly around my pistol. The next thing I remember is saying out loud, 'No way punk! Your not stealing my pay check and tips.' I raised my right hand, pointed my pistol at the man running away from me with my purse, and squeezed the trigger of my pistol six times!"

When asked by the arraignment judge, "Why did You shoot the man six times?" the woman replied under oath, "Because, when I pulled the trigger of my pistol the seventh time, it only went click."

The woman was acquitted of all charges. And she was back at work, at the cafe, the next day!
I'm sure the original author wrote it as pro gun "humor" but how dumb do you have to be to believe it.

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

quote:

> Do You Remember 1987......
> I had forgotten all of this. Do you
> remember when the senators were giving Ollie North such a bad time? This brings it all into perspective doesn't it? Have a great day.
> Do you remember 1987......
>
>
> Thought you
>
> might be interested in this forgotten bit of
>
> information.........
> It
> was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news
> video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra
> hearings during the Reagan Administration.
>
> There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third
> degree, but what he said was stunning!
>
> He was being drilled by a
> senator, 'Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home
> security system?'
>
> Ollie replied, 'Yes, I did, Sir.'
>
> The senator
> continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, 'Isn't that
> just a little excessive?'
>
> 'No, sir,' continued Ollie.
>
> 'No? And why not?' the
> senator asked.
>
> 'Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir.'
>
> 'Threatened? By whom?' the senator
> questioned.
>
> 'By a
> terrorist, sir' Ollie answered.
>
> 'Terrorist? What terrorist could
> possibly scare you that much?'
>
> 'His name is Osama bin Laden, sir' Ollie replied.
>
> At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't
> pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A
> couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator
> continued. Why are you so afraid of this man?' the senator asked.
>
> 'Because, sir, he is the most
> evil person alive that I know of', Ollie answered.
>
>
>
>
>
> 'And
> what do you recommend we do about him?' asked the senator.
>
> 'Well, sir,
> if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be
> formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth.'
>
> The senator
> disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the
> clip.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> By
> the way, that senator was Al Gore!
>
>
>
> Also:
>
>
> Terrorist
> pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis
> captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement
> with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release
> so-called 'political prisoners.'
>
> However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their
> hands. The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his
> Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, 'insisted' that all prisoners
> be released.
>
> Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked us by flying
> an airplane into Tower One of the
> World Trade
> Center. This was reported
> by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists
> were first identified.
>
> It
> was censored in the US from all
> later
> reports.
>
>
> If
> you agree that the American public should be made
> aware of this fact, pass this on.
>
> Do Not Break - it is 8 years strong..
>
>
> This
>
> is why I always say I love YOU....
>
>
>
>
>
> This has not been broken since 9/11/01,
> please
> keep it going...
>
> This has been kept alive and moving since 9/11. In memory
> of
> all those who perished this morning; the
> passengers and the pilots on the
> United Air and AA flights, the workers in the World
> Trade Center and the
> Pentagon, and all the innocent bystanders. Our
> prayers go out to the friends and
> families of the deceased.
>

The construction industry is pretty bad with these emails. I get 10+ a day. This one made me laugh the most. My boss believes it entirely even though I tried to expose him to Snopes. He's still muttering about Obama and Clinton.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
eight year olds dude

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<
In a sane world,

RagnarokAngel posted:

Because, when I pulled the trigger of my pistol the seventh time, it only went click
true or not, this is the perfect pro-gun-control argument, and

Roneth posted:

Ollie North
true or not, this is the perfect 'gently caress you' to anyone who thought Bush saved us from the terrists.

Republicans are loving brilliant at this poo poo, I'm constantly in awe.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Okay fellas, someone I know who is just a teeny bit nuts just threw this 'article' up on his FB.

so this guy posted:

George Washington was a terrorist!

According to the definition of terrorism adopted by the FBI, George Washington was a terrorist. Indeed, so were Jefferson, Franklin, Adams and all the signatories to the Declaration of Independence. Moreover, all Confederate soldiers, statesmen, and sympathizers were terrorists. Not only that, but the Nazis in occupied Europe during WWII were not terrorists, but the members of the various resistance movements were terrorists. Similarly, the many communist governments that followed WWII were never terrorists, but any anti-communist groups that advocated violence were terrorists. Lastly, all of the Jews who fought the British prior to the formation of the State of Israel were terrorists. All of this is true by FBI standards.

In keeping with federal regulations, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has issued a set of criteria that defines who is and who is not a terrorist. These criteria are:

1) Terrorists commit or support illegal acts involving the use of violence.

2) These acts are intended to intimidate or coerce.

3) These acts are committed in support of political or social objectives.

1) Since the legitimate government of the American colonies at the time of the American Revolution was Great Britain, the independence movement was highly illegal. Indeed, it was legally treason, and was a capital offense. As Benjamin Franklin said to his colleagues, “We must all hang together, gentlemen; or—most assuredly—we shall all hang separately!” In meeting the last part of this first criterion, I don’t think many people would fail to characterize the Revolutionary Was as involving force and violence.

2) The stated purpose of the Revolution was to intimidate and coerce the government of Great Britain into granting the American colonies their independence.

3) The Declaration of Independence clearly states that the movement had political and social objectives.

Quod erat demonstratum: George Washington and the rest of the Founding Fathers were all terrorists!

The same process of reasoning may be applied to show that all of the groups mentioned in the lead paragraph may be considered terrorists under the FBI’s definition. Curiously, “terrorists” was the exact term that the Nazi occupiers of Europe used in their “wanted posters” to describe the members of the various resistance groups. It is more than a little disquieting to find our own FBI following so blithely in the Nazi’s goose-steps.

It should be noted, that no government or government agency may be considered as terrorists under the above definition. Obviously, everything that a government does is legal (either before or after the act), therefore it can’t be terrorism—no matter how heinous the act may be.

But, George Washington as a terrorist??? I think that the FBI needs a new definition.

By the way, being a terrorist or supporting a terrorist is a federal offense, but terrorism itself is not! That’s right: There is no federal or state law against terrorism!

Patrick J. Tyson

<picture of Georgie>

According to the FBI this man is of the same caliber as Osama bin Laden!!!

I don't see this badboy up on Snopes or discussed here as far as I remember. Can y'all help me fire back at this? "Obviously, everything that a government does is legal" just makes me wince.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ixjuvin posted:

Okay fellas, someone I know who is just a teeny bit nuts just threw this 'article' up on his FB.

I don't see this badboy up on Snopes or discussed here as far as I remember. Can y'all help me fire back at this? "Obviously, everything that a government does is legal" just makes me wince.
The definition of "terrorist" has been deliberately fudged in order to make it fit Washington.

Washington didn't deliberately target civilian populations. He fought as the head of a uniformed army, supported by an organized political entity (the Continental Congress).

Nonetheless, the British would have hanged him as a traitor if the revolution had failed. All the founders would have. Whether he was a hero or not depended entirely on who won.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Well it's taking literalism the extreme by saying George Washington is Osama Bin Laden but technically both facts are true. The Founding Fathers did rebel against the mother country, and a government could technically make anything LEGAL but it doesnt neccesarily make it morally correct.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
I don't see how this is at all a surprise, or what point the email is making. The only reason we glorify one group of people and demonize another is because of what "side" they were on.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm thinking of a religious zealot who is known today mostly for his distribution of a potent drug that is so dangerous that it's the only one ever explicitly banned by the constitution. He was also well known for his involvement with a group of traitors and helped them create their manifesto.

One of his most famous acts is an attack on a civilian target. He and his fellow conspirators destroyed millions of dollars worth of luxury goods, none were in uniform and many were disguised as native civilians.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

RagnarokAngel posted:

I'm sure the original author wrote it as pro gun "humor" but how dumb do you have to be to believe it.

Yeah - I'd like to see a cop nail a receding target 6 out of 6 times with a pistol after having been spun around, let alone a cocktail waitress.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm thinking of a religious zealot who is known today mostly for his distribution of a potent drug that is so dangerous that it's the only one ever explicitly banned by the constitution. He was also well known for his involvement with a group of traitors and helped them create their manifesto.

One of his most famous acts is an attack on a civilian target. He and his fellow conspirators destroyed millions of dollars worth of luxury goods, none were in uniform and many were disguised as native civilians.

Was that man Albert Einstein?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

quote:

A TRUE STORY FROM...

THE HOUSTON HERALD NEWSPAPER
IN HOUSTON, TEXAS
March 5th, 2009

Last Thursday night round midnight, a woman in Houston, Texas was arrested, jailed, and charged with murder for shooting and killing a woman and her unborn child and faces additional charges for injuring three other people. She claims she was shooting at a man as he was running away with her purse. Witnesses claim that the incident was precipitated by a bicycle messenger accidentally striking her.

One witnesses recalled the incident "She was dazed for a few seconds after the guy on the bike hit her, she dropped her purse but that's when everyone noticed the Dirty Harry gun she was holding. She started screaming about her pay check and tips and pointed the gun at [Jamal Williams]. I don't blame him for freaking out but as he ran away she started shooting at him. I couldn't really see where she was shooting because I was crouching trying to protect my daughter but I do remember her screaming and the sound of 'click click click click' as she kept pulling the trigger even after she ran out of bullets."

Jamal Williams, the woman's target has expressed grief over the outcome. "I sometimes think that if I had just let her shoot me it would have saved two lives. I guess I'm lucky, as a surgeon I can let this incident motivate me to work even harder. I have trouble sleeping but I've been using those late nights to catch up on some new procedures, I... I just don't want that woman and her baby to have died in vain."

Police refuse to comment but an unnamed source confirmed that the woman's purse was found at the bus stop, only a foot away from where the shots were fired.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
What the gently caress did I just read? That's the worst excuse for a fake article I've ever seen

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

"Dirty Harry gun" is way overdoing it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

RagnarokAngel posted:

"Dirty Harry gun" is way overdoing it.

The actual weapon was a small revolver but you know how people are. It's similar to the whole 'machine gun' thing.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

E: I'm a giant retard

crime fighting hog fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 16, 2010

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Wait are you being serious? He's doing a thing related to an email I posted earlier where he posts the "real" version but botched it.

Edit: I think?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

RagnarokAngel posted:

Wait are you being serious? He's doing a thing related to an email I posted earlier where he posts the "real" version but botched it.

Edit: I think?

See I thought about that too but I just can't be certain of anything anymore. Now I end up looking like a gullible douche

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Honestly, I'd just directly reply with the "Dirty Harry gun" version in two to three months, when they'd have forgotten about it, and see if that one gets blindly forwarded around without reading it first.

MrPhaethon
Aug 22, 2005

wyrd oft nereð unfægne eorl þonne his ellen deah

crime fighting hog posted:

gullible douche
Yeah. It was mocking the similar article preceding it.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

MrPhaethon posted:

Yeah. It was mocking the similar article preceding it.

Yup, I'm a moron

Murkyhumor
Jul 24, 2006

This is Not a Pipe.
Fun Shoe
I don't think i've seen this one posted.

quote:

It's better to be paralyzed from the neck down, than to be paralyzed from the neck up...

Dr. Charles Krauthammer

Dr. Krauthammer is on Fox News. He is an M.D. and a lawyer and is paralyzed from the neck down. A friend went to hear Charles Krauthammer. He listened with 25 others in a closed room. What he says here, is NOT 2nd-hand but 1st. The ramifications are staggering for us, our children and their children.

Last Monday was a profound evening, Dr. Charles Krauthammer spoke to the Center for the American Experiment. He is a brilliant intellectual, seasoned & articulate. He is forthright and careful in his analysis, and never resorts to emotions or personal insults. He is NOT a fear monger nor an extremist in his comments and views. He is a fiscal conservative, and has received a Pulitzer Prize for writing. He is a frequent contributor to Fox News and writes weekly for the Washington Post.

The entire room was held spellbound during his talk. I have summarized his comments, as we are living in uncharted waters economically and internationally.

Even 2 Dems at my table agreed with everything he said! If you feel like forwarding this to those who are open minded and have not drunk the Kool-Aid, feel free.

Summary of his comments:

1. Mr. Obama is a very intellectual, charming individual. He is not to be underestimated. He is a cool customer who doesn't show his emotions. It's very hard to know what's behind the mask. The taking down of the Clinton dynasty was an amazing accomplishment. The Clintons still do not understand what hit them. Obama was in the perfect place at the perfect time.

2. Obama has political skills comparable to Reagan and Clinton. He has a way of making you think he's on your side, agreeing with your position, while doing the opposite. Pay no attention to what he SAYS; rather, watch what he DOES!

3. Obama has a ruthless quest for power. He did not come to Washington to make something out of himself, but rather to change everything, including dismantling capitalism. He can't be straightforward on his ambitions, as the public would not go along.

He has a heavy hand, and wants to level the playing field with income redistribution and punishment to the achievers of society. He would like to model the USA to Great Britain or Canada .

4. His three main goals are to control ENERGY, PUBLIC EDUCATION, and NATIONAL HEALTHCARE by the Federal government. He doesn't care about the auto or financial services industries, but got them as an early bonus. The cap and trade will add costs to everything and stifle growth. Paying for FREE college education is his goal. Most scary is his healthcare program, because if you make it FREE and add 46,000,000 people to a Medicare-type single-payer system, the costs will go through the roof. The only way to control costs is with massive RATIONING of services, like in Canada . God forbid!

5. He has surrounded himself with mostly far-left academic types. No one around him has ever even run a candy store. But they are going to try and run the auto, financial, banking and other industries. This obviously can't work in the long run. Obama is not a socialist; rather he's a far-left secular progressive bent on nothing short of revolution. He ran as a moderate, but will govern from the hard left. Again, watch what he does, not what he says.

6. Obama doesn't really see himself as President of the United States , but more as a ruler over the world. He sees himself above it all, trying to orchestrate & coordinate various countries and their agendas. He sees moral equivalency in all cultures. His apology tour in Germany and England was a prime example of how he sees America , as an imperialist nation that has been arrogant, rather than a great noble nation that has at times made errors. This is the first President ever who has chastised our allies and appeased our enemies!

7. He is now handing out goodies. He hopes that the bill (and pain) will not come due until after he is reelected in 2012. He would like to blame all problems on Bush from the past, and hopefully his successor in the future. He has a huge ego, and Dr. Krauthammer believes he is a narcissist.

8. Republicans are in the wilderness for a while, but will emerge strong. Republicans are pining for another Reagan, but there will never be another like him. Krauthammer believes Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty & Bobby Jindahl (except for his terrible speech in February) are the future of the party. Newt Gingrich is brilliant, but has baggage. Sarah Palin is sincere and intelligent, but needs to really be seriously boning up on facts and info if she is to be a serious candidate in the future.. We need to return to the party of lower taxes, smaller government, personal responsibility, strong national defense, and state's rights.

9. The current level of spending is irresponsible and outrageous. We are spending trillions that we don't have. This could lead to hyperinflation, depression or worse. No country has ever spent themselves into prosperity. The media is giving Obama, Reid and Pelosi a pass because they love their agenda. But eventually the bill will come due and people will realize the huge bailouts didn't work, nor will the stimulus package. These were trillion-dollar payoffs to Obama's allies, unions and the Congress to placate the left, so he can get support for #4 above.

10. The election was over in mid-September when Lehman brothers failed, fear and panic swept in, we had an unpopular President, and the war was grinding on indefinitely without a clear outcome. The people are in pain, and the mantra of change caused people to act emotionally. Any Dem would have won this election; it was surprising it was as close as it was.

11. In 2012, if the unemployment rate is over 10%, Republicans will be swept back into power. If it's under 8%, the Dems continue to roll. If it's between 8-10%, it will be a dogfight. It will all be about the economy. I hope this gets you really thinking about what's happening in Washington and Congress. There is a left-wing revolution going on, according to Krauthammer, and he encourages us to keep the faith and join the loyal resistance. The work will be hard, but we're right on most issues and can reclaim our country, before it's far too late.

Do yourself a long term favor, send this to all who will listen to an intelligent assessment of the big picture. All our futures and children's futures depend on our good understanding of what is really going on in DC, and our action pursuant to that understanding!! It really IS up to each of us to take individual action!! Start with educating your friends and neighbors!!!

Let me Snopes that for you.

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

xrunner posted:

If you aren't careful, diabetes can cause blindness!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I lost it at "Sarah Palin is sincere and intelligent."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

I received this link in an email from a friend. I hope it counts, because some of the content is pretty good.

http://www.skinnymojo.com/sodahate/sodahate.php

Religious Right Wingers/Racists.