Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RhysD
Feb 7, 2009

Bust it!

QPZIL posted:

I've been trying to get into powerviolence more. So far I've checked out Bruce Banner, Charles Bronson, Crossed Out, Dropdead, Iron Lung, Man Is The Bastard, and Massgrav.

What else can you guys recommend? I hear Japan has (or had) an awesome powerviolence scene, but I don't know what's good and what's not.

check out Extortion from Australia - http://www.myspace.com/extortionextortion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

RhysD posted:

check out Extortion from Australia - http://www.myspace.com/extortionextortion

I was just about to post about how good their latest album is (and everything else they do). Loose Screws is out and RULESSSS hard.

EDIT: Also for the dude looking for powerviolence recs, if you like the spazz vocals in Infest, check out Weekend Nachos. Some folks in this thread will poo-poo them, but that's because they're BIG DUMB GAY BABYFACES.

secondhand dog fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jan 14, 2010

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

baberaham lincoln posted:

What's their best album / compilation. I like the Greatest Cockney Rip Off 7".

The Greatest Hit Vol 1. if they still put it out I haven't bought anything on Captain Oi! or Link or whatever in like, a decade.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies

ManifoldCuriosity posted:

I don't think anyone's posted this, yet.

Ultmate Warriors Discography

99 track discography of pretty sick wrestling-themed (what) hardcore (and it's free!). And for you Pissed Jeans fans, 3 of the guys in Ultimate Warriors are in Pissed Jeans.

I had no idea. I saw these guys a poo poo ton back when most of this thread where waiting for their nuts to drop and playing with Pokemon cards. I think one of my old bands played with them at one point, too. I also dig the hell out of Pissed Jeans and had no idea it was the same dudes. That's rad. I am glad they are still rad.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Does anyone like Final Fight?

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Not really. Heard they're breaking up though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I just heard their split with life long tragedy and thought they sounded okay was all.
That's a shame.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

A5H posted:

I just heard their split with life long tragedy and thought they sounded okay was all.
That's a shame.

Listen to under attack, sooooooo good. Newest one is super bad though so watch out.

Capitan Dad
May 16, 2007

shemaghs are so gay its like smegma hahaha
is life long tragedy cool or what. I like their music but they look like douchebags will I get made fun of irl for saying I like them?

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

man, it's a bummer he never compiled any of those singles into LP format. Twice. Three times if you consider the fact that half of Blood Visions was re-recorded, and 4 times if you count Great Messes...
Yeah yeah I have it

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Capitan Dad posted:

is life long tragedy cool or what. I like their music but they look like douchebags will I get made fun of irl for saying I like them?

I really like them so yeah.
Didn't they break up anyways?

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009
Who here is going to Rainfest or Chaos in Tejas?
Also tomorrow:
01/16: Berkeley, CA @ Gilman w/ The Hope Conspiracy, Nails, Touche Amore, Never Healed

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Ugh would go to that but can't get a ride.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Haha Nails. Oh, Todd Jones. Also, I thought Hope Con broke up?

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
Salvation, Brainkiller, Scapegoat, Vaccine, Confines, tonight in Amherst. Maybe I'll go. Maybe I'll get drunk. Who knows?

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

Salvation, Brainkiller, Scapegoat, Vaccine, Confines, tonight in Amherst. Maybe I'll go. Maybe I'll get drunk. Who knows?

Please tell Vaccine to go on tour and come through AZ!

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
I just realized I can't go, I have to pick up my friend from the Airport >:(

jbitt
Dec 22, 2009

sencerly,
http://www.myspace.com/doubledealerhc

New band from DE...
check em out.

OjaiYoda
Nov 13, 2009

jbitt posted:

http://www.myspace.com/doubledealerhc

New band from DE...
check em out.
Anyone who is into this should check out this band:
Take Offense from Chula Vista, CA
http://www.myspace.com/takeoffense

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Chaos In Tejas initial lineup announced. Fuckin' BASTARD is playing. Will mosh hard.

mind eraser
Dec 26, 2005
Monkey see, Monkey do, Monkey has low I.Q.
Holy hell Chaos In Tejas lineup is loving great this year. I will be there for sure. I was having a tough choice deciding between this and Maryland Deathfest, but Bastard clinched it for me.

Here's the lineup if anyone else is wondering:

CHAOS IN TEJAS
MAY 27 - 30, 2010
EMO's, MOHAWK, RED 7, and BEERLAND
AUSTIN, TX
initial lineup:
Acephalix
A-Frames
Arctic Flowers
Axeman
Bastard (Japan..one time reunion)
Bastard Noise (Wood, Connell and Nelson)
Bone Awl
Brilliant Colors
Crow (Japan)
Dead to Me
Deskonocidos
Fungi Girls
Gehenna
Grass Widow
the Hex Dispensers
Inquisition (columbia)
Iron Age
Iron Lung
Jeff the Brotherhood
Kim Phuc
Kyklooppein Sukupuutto (Finland)
La Urss (Spain)
Leatherface (England)
Mammoth Grinder
Masshysteri
The Marked Men (only show of 2010)
Mind Eraser
Morne
Mother of Mercy
Nerveskade
Ninja Gun
The Pist
Poison Idea
the Ponys
Psychedelic Horseshit
Rival Mob
Rorschach
Quintron and Miss Pussycat
Ratas Del Vaticano (Mexico)
Shanghai River
the Spits
Slang (Japan)
Subhumans (England)
Tim Kerr and Friends
Toxic Holocaust
Ty Segall
Underground Railroad to Candyland
Vaaska
Volahn
Walls
Wasted Time
Waste Management
Wild Thing
World Burns to Death
Woven Bones
X (Australia)
Yellow Tears
Young Offenders

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
Lol what are JEFF and The Fungi Girls doing on that bill? No matter what the answer is, that line-up is awesome. If only I could go...

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

If anyone's interested in acoustic Shows, Anthony Raneri (bayside) is playing one in Hartford, CT Wednesday night. This will be like, the 5th time I've seen him solo and his shows are usually a lot of fun. He has JT Woodruff from Hawthorne Heights and Vinnie Caruana from I am the Avalanche/The Movielife playing acoustic as well. Not sure what to expect out of JT and Vinnie seems to play some covers and IATA songs.

EvilRobot
Sep 27, 2001

Punks Is Hippies
I had no idea The Pist where even still together.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Godddddamn Marked Men reunion. Yesssssss.

Angiepants
May 8, 2008
Well, Jesus loving Christ, Alkaline Trio, I don't know why I bothered. :sigh:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Angiepants posted:

Well, Jesus loving Christ, Alkaline Trio, I don't know why I bothered. :sigh:

what

Swarthy Libations
Oct 21, 2008

It'll make a whisper out of you.
Sorry if they've been mentioned before, but I Spy kicks rear end if you're into melodic hardcore ala Propaghandi. I just happened to stumble across their discog someone so nicely posted on youtube.

These guys are so messy and earnest, fucken love it.

I Spy discog part I
I Spy discog part II
I Spy discog part III

On another note, if you guys are into rock and roll style punk rock. Check out Inazuma, a Japanese punk rock band. Really good stuff and they play out in Los Angeles a lot. Saw them play with the Angry Samoans about a month ago. Kickass show.

Inazuma - myspace

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Dickeye posted:

what

New album leaked. It's horrible. Like, insanely horrible. Even by Alkaline Trio standards.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Angiepants posted:

New album leaked. It's horrible. Like, insanely horrible. Even by Alkaline Trio standards.

Really? I've only heard the title track, and I kinda dig it.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
Dine, Dine My Darling is a KILLER track. The album itself is thoroughly mediocre. The trumpet solo in lead poisoning is so hilariously awkward and out-of-place.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Angiepants posted:

I don't believe you

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
He's pretty right. There's a really jarring, superfluous trumpet solo on one of the songs that sounds like Matt heard Neutral Milk Hotel for the first time the week prior to recording and thought "WOAH AWESOME!" Also, one song has these dumb synthesized chimes that sound what I imagine two gay unicorns loving would sound like.

The problem is that you can't call something a return to your roots and then have most of the songs (aside of the deceptively infectious title track) be plodding, mid-tempo filler.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
All Alkaline Trio albums before and including Good Mourning are good as poo poo.

DRD
Aug 8, 2008

Swarthy Libations posted:

I Spy
This is awesome. I didn't know that I Spy was Todd Kowalski's old band. Every song sounds like they are playing just a little too fast and are just barely getting by. Its just sloppy enough to be exciting.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sugar Blaster posted:

He's pretty right. There's a really jarring, superfluous trumpet solo on one of the songs that sounds like Matt heard Neutral Milk Hotel for the first time the week prior to recording and thought "WOAH AWESOME!" Also, one song has these dumb synthesized chimes that sound what I imagine two gay unicorns loving would sound like.

The problem is that you can't call something a return to your roots and then have most of the songs (aside of the deceptively infectious title track) be plodding, mid-tempo filler.

I gotta hear gay unicorns loving

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007
I'm listening to the new Alkaline Trio now.

It's still better than Agony and Irony, dudes.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007
That having been said, Dan is leaps and bounds better as a songwriter than Matt. And he only gets three songs.

FiveStoriesFall
Feb 26, 2004

All this Alkaline Trio talk makes me laugh. I kinda dig the new album. It's way better than Agony and Irony. Way better. That album was a train wreck.

EDIT: Why won't Dan realize he is a better song writer and just continue on with the Emergency Room.... or restart Tuesday. It seems like all those old bands are getting back together these days...

FiveStoriesFall fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
Now it's time for a little shameless promotion. My band, Southside Stranglers, just released our first record. It's a split release by Grave Mistake Records and Vicious Circle Records. If you like rock and roll and '77 punk you will probably dig our record. Check us out on myspace at http://www.myspace.com/southsidestranglersrva. You can buy the record there, you can buy it from Alex at Grave Mistake Records (and he has a lot of other great stuff) http://www.gravemistakerecords.com or from Brandon and Lauren at Vinyl Conflict (they have a good distro going as well) http://www.vinylconflict.com. Here is the little promotional blurb for a better description:

SOUTHSIDE STRANGLERS - "TOO MUCH TV" 7" - OUT NOW!!!!

Happy New year! First update for 2010, kicking things off with a brand new release ... GRAVE MISTAKE RECORDS and VICIOUS CIRCLE RECORDS are extremely excited to bring you the debut 7" from Richmond's SOUTHSIDE STRANGLERS! SOUTHSIDE STRANGLERS have been kicking around town for about a year or so now ... causing a spectacle and turning heads at every show they play. While they've managed to keep themselves under the radar by staying inside the Richmond city limits until recently, with no proper release until now (aside from the limited tape of this EP at last years No Way Fest), we are pretty sure this 7" will make them a household name before long.

Featuring Kenny from GOVERNMENT WARNING on vocals, Brandon from, uh, every band in Richmond (GW, Direct Control, you know the list ...), on guitar, and some other bad dudes holding the rhythm down, "TOO MUCH TV" is their first (of hopefully many more) vinyl offering, and it is definitely one infectious slab of wax. This six song EP serves up some ferocious rock and roll, drawing heavy influences from 70's punk and the rock and roll swagger of 60's garage bands; it's raw enough to keep you on your toes and catchy enough to hook you after one listen.

As always, we've got some nice colored vinyl (BLUE VINYL to be exact) for mailorder in the GRAVE MISTAKE WEBSTORE ... only about 100 though so get on that!

You can order the record from the GRAVE MISTAKE WEBSTORE: http://www.gravemistakerecords.com/catalog

And of course there are a ton of other awesome records in the webstore so check it out! Alex just did a huge update with a bunch of great stuff, and he's expecting even more over the next few weeks!

Stores, distros, labels, anyone who would like copies for distro (wholesale, trade, etc) please email Alex at: gravemistakerecords@gmail.com. He deals direct and is always down to trade, so hit him up and work something out ...

Thanks for reading ... here's to a good start to what is hopefully a great year!

SOUTHSIDE STRANGLERS - "TOO MUCH TV" 7"
The debut 7" from Richmond, VA's SOUTHSIDE STRANGLERS slashes your face with six cuts of raw, bare bones rock and roll! Featuring Kenny and Brandon from GOVERNMENT WARNING on vocals and guitar, respectively, but don't expect any high speed 80's hc rippers ... mix equal parts of '60s garage rock (SONICS) and '70s punk rock (PAGANS, DMZ) and you'll get an idea of what the SOUTHSIDE STRANGLERS are serving up. Abrupt and to the point; driving guitars, tasteful leads, powerful rhythm, and vocals that are as vicious as they are soulful. Not to be written off as an experiment or side project ... SOUTHSIDE STRANGLERS are the real deal.

http://www.myspace.com/southsidestranglersrva

Thanks for checking us out!