Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
The camera setup and resulting images from this guy on ADV is orgasmic :circlefap:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536451

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

bung posted:

Aside from the one guy who thinks that the Yamaha TW 200 is the best bike ever produced, most people there are pretty cool.

That guy is right you know :colbert:

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

IAMKOREA posted:

Street riding has lost most of its fun to me. loving around doing illegal poo poo is still cool, but I'd honestly rather take my car than worry about someone making a left in front of me during my commute. Maybe I just can't hang, but I think where it's at for me are long days in the dirt. Not worrying about other motorists is really liberating. I'd probably feel differently if I didn't live in such a flat place but who knows. Maybe I'm just feeling like this because of the rear end in a top hat who almost killed me yesterday though.

I hate to sound flip, and I'm glad you didn't die, but you should still worry about other motorists even in a car. If there's nothing else I've gotten from riding, learning to be a safer car driver is well worth it, and possibly has already saved my life.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

I hate to sound flip, and I'm glad you didn't die, but you should still worry about other motorists even in a car. If there's nothing else I've gotten from riding, learning to be a safer car driver is well worth it, and possibly has already saved my life.

No doubt man no doubt.

Also TW200's rule. :colbert:

Anyway it's really easy for me to be like "gently caress street" because it's a 2 minute ride to all of the illegal wheeling I want but a few hours to get to any roads that are worth riding. I've been riding street again now that it's so warm though I just can't help it.

IAMKOREA fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jan 18, 2010

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Buell's liquidation sale is coming up. Someone grab that superduke for super cheap, i really wish I could.

http://www.liquidassetpartners.com/liquidation341photos1.html

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Looks like just factory parts and motorcycle parts to me, no complete bikes.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
I see two complete KTMs, one complete BMW, and one complete Triumph. These were probably used by Buell for competitive benchmarking. I wonder what they were planning that would go up against a KTM Dakar racer.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Maybe they rode the Super Duke around to get a feel for what a real V twin is supposed to feel like :banjo:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Stopped by the local BMW/KTM/Ducati/Aprillia shop today to look at heated gear. Saw the new BMW S1000RR, wow what a bike. Looks pretty drat compact and nice. Will be going to the "unveiling" Saturday and possibly doing a test ride on the 30th when they get the keys.

My friend is the parts guy and we are planning on taking it to the gap for a day with the killboy crew to get some promo shots. Should be a blast.

The NonBornKing
Jun 25, 2007
Early one mornin' while makin' the rounds, I took a shot o' cocaine and I shot my woman down.

dietcokefiend posted:

The camera setup and resulting images from this guy on ADV is orgasmic :circlefap:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536451

Those are seriously the best motorcycling shots I've ever seen. I wonder what his rig looks like.

This makes me miss California's roads waaay too much.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I got to test the wet weather emergency stopping ability of my Pilot Road 2ct's today. Visibility was bad, and suddenly my entire lane came to a standstill at the big roundabout outside work, even though all the other lanes were moving. I don't even think I skidded a tire! I didn't aquaplane either. Got the heart pumping a bit though. I've been impressed by these tires in the dry so far, now I can add cold and wet performance my being impressed by.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

The NonBornKing posted:

Those are seriously the best motorcycling shots I've ever seen. I wonder what his rig looks like.

This makes me miss California's roads waaay too much.

If you'd read either that thread or this thread, you would have noticed that his rig consists of his left hand holding a 5D

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
he's wearing a glove man... there could be anything under there...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

Pics of my exhaust pipe I am sending off to be welded:

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~drewg1/exhaust/

It's off a beautifully made tigcraft full ti system for a tuono.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
gently caress rain, man.

Seriously.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

sirbeefalot posted:

gently caress rain, man.

Seriously.

Haven't bought a rain suit yet? ;)

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

Haven't bought a rain suit yet? ;)

I've been sporting a rain jacket, but that's it. In fact, I came home earlier to find the rain suit I completely forgot about that I picked up in like... June of last year? :suicide:

Oh the things you find when you move.

bung
Dec 14, 2004

Infinotize posted:

Pics of my exhaust pipe I am sending off to be welded:

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~drewg1/exhaust/

It's off a beautifully made tigcraft full ti system for a tuono.

Titanium welds are the best welds. What happened to that pipe?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You know what? gently caress you guys in climates where it's warm but rainy. :mad:

:cry:

Infinotize
Sep 5, 2003

bung posted:

Titanium welds are the best welds. What happened to that pipe?

Drive chain slowly ate through it. Stock, the bike doesn't have a pipe going to that side, and there is an aftermarket shock with the rear raised up a bit, so there was very little clearance between the pipe and the chain.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

You know what? gently caress you guys in climates where it's warm but rainy. :mad:

:cry:

Hey, it was like... 55ºF this morning!

Brrr!

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
What the gently caress... air conditioning for your motorcycle now. Bonus cause its not on a loving GoldWing:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/22/entrosys-motorcycle-air-conditioning-and-heating-system-now-taki/

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
From the tell me what bike to buy thread...

redscare posted:

Thought so. That entire back part of it is flat and incredibly deserted. Gotta get out that way again...

On the long, straight back section with the rolling hills, me and a friend were having some fun over the crests, me on a borrowed 02 GSXR 1000, and him on his 08 CBR1000RR, and we look down the road to see an SUV coming up on the single road that crosses it halfway across...so of course we slow down to more sane speeds, and...it's a loving CHP SUV. The one car that's out there. :sigh:

We were suited up and I guess he didn't see or didn't care that we were pulling wheelies and getting air off of the crests at 100+mph. :911:

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Z3n posted:

From the tell me what bike to buy thread...

On the long, straight back section with the rolling hills, me and a friend were having some fun over the crests, me on a borrowed 02 GSXR 1000, and him on his 08 CBR1000RR, and we look down the road to see an SUV coming up on the single road that crosses it halfway across...so of course we slow down to more sane speeds, and...it's a loving CHP SUV. The one car that's out there. :sigh:

We were suited up and I guess he didn't see or didn't care that we were pulling wheelies and getting air off of the crests at 100+mph. :911:

More like he figured you'd be long by the time he got around to going after you and didn't want to waste his time, but yeah, what are the odds

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

redscare posted:

More like he figured you'd be long by the time he got around to going after you and didn't want to waste his time, but yeah, what are the odds

Well, it's a long straight road that leads to some podunk city outside of fraiser park, and I'd imagine that they could just radio ahead and have us stopped at the end...

But in another note, once I finally get all of the lovely sportbikes out of the garage and buy some decent dirt/sumos, we should go out and ride that way. There's some great roads out there.

Barf, sigh.

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322293

quote:

she did not purchase a motorcycle to learn on. she purchased one to ride.

Why do I keep browsing this forum. It just makes me want to shoot people. :sigh:

Z3n fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 22, 2010

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Z3n posted:

Why do I keep browsing this forum. It just makes me want to shoot people. :sigh:

Why DO you keep browsing that forum

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

redscare posted:

Why DO you keep browsing that forum

5 years of posting there? I think it's kind of like reading lovely webcomics, you know you should stop but the habit is just too strong. Plus what else would I be able to rage about then? And cheap bikes.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Z3n posted:

And cheap bikes.

http://www.mdmshelters.com/

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

http://www.mdmshelters.com/

I've got a 2 car garage almost entirely filled with bieks at the moment. It's pretty bad. The last thing I need is to park a storage unit thing filled with bikes in our driveway.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
what other option do you have? I mean, you're not going to stop reading that forum...

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

what other option do you have? I mean, you're not going to stop reading that forum...

Haha, well, it's helped by the fact that I'm ~300 miles away from the bay area. Which makes it even more :psyduck: that I read the forum, considering that I have no chance of seeing most of the friends I have on the site. It's a good place to keep up with the latest AFM stuff, and there's some cool pics and stuff, but besides that...shrug.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
http://www.motorcycletrailer.com/

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

http://www.motorcycletrailer.com/

That rampage thing is pretty neat. But I've already got a truck, it's more a matter of getting rid of what I have to have the funding to buy more bikes.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0977649709?ie=UTF8&tag=stormthecastl-20&link_code=as3&camp=211189&creative=373489&creativeASIN=0977649709

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

If only I could find a medieval castle to siege with my existing motorcycles, to be followed by pillaging their store house, treasury, and women to fund my addiction to motorcycles.

Chairon
Aug 13, 2007
I once was a man. Well,I suppose I still am.
A beautiful Saturday after a week or two of storms here in Cali, so I figured it's a great day to get the old paint off my frame. I don't want to sand though, so I grab some stripper and throw it on. Comes time, I start scraping it off. Oh hey whats that little grey speck flying towards my eye ohgoditburns. Luckily I was right next to a sink so I could get it all washed out. It's funny, you gear up when you get on the bike always, but no I don't need safety glasses to deal with horrible chemicals. I had a pair right there!

Thank god I wasn't wearing my contacts.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Chairon posted:

A beautiful Saturday after a week or two of storms here in Cali, so I figured it's a great day to get the old paint off my frame. I don't want to sand though, so I grab some stripper and throw it on. Comes time, I start scraping it off. Oh hey whats that little grey speck flying towards my eye ohgoditburns. Luckily I was right next to a sink so I could get it all washed out. It's funny, you gear up when you get on the bike always, but no I don't need safety glasses to deal with horrible chemicals. I had a pair right there!

Thank god I wasn't wearing my contacts.

I did the same recently, although I was even dumber because I was grinding a broken bolt off with the dremel. Sigh. Cue 30 minutes of swearing and tearing up until the piece of metal works it's way loose. Thankfully I didn't have to go to the hospital, now I wear safety glasses all the drat time.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
Safety glasses and gloves too. Man that poo poo burns

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/25BH...=item3359266328

I want a 197 BHP 690 engine with a top speed of 10%!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
They don't even have a picture of a real computer chip? They figure a 3D model should sell itself.