Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I think Zodd is just really old by Apostle standards. I forget if there's anything in the series to suggest this or if it's just an intuition, but I think they did at least say at one point that he had been appearing on battlefields for a hundred or two hundred years.

More then that, but it might be just how long known stories of him have been remembered by humans. Zodd knows too much about the Skull Knight. I would put both of them (and Flora) as coming from the same generation. The SK did say he wore the berserk armor in "ages past, when we where still in the Reason of Time" whatever that means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nondeviant
Mar 14, 2005

Life's not fair, but at least it has a sense of humor.

T. W. Forsthye posted:

I propose that Griffith is currently a superior creature in a body of flesh who reserves a higher, hawk-like physical form that is to be revealed later.

Personally I thought the rebirth of Griffith pretty clearly indicated that the Godhand as a whole had found the loophole around the restrictions that prevent them from entering the mortal world and having direct and open influence there, and simply used Griffith as their envoy to send back to take the actions that he did to merge the worlds. Obviously the reborn Griffith had a lot more freedom than he did trapped on the other side of reality, but I don't think he was any less dangerous (and definitely not a different person, except perhaps for a change in attitude) from the time he called himself Femto.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I think Zodd is just really old by Apostle standards. I forget if there's anything in the series to suggest this or if it's just an intuition, but I think they did at least say at one point that he had been appearing on battlefields for a hundred or two hundred years.

Zodd states the Skull Knights opposed him for thousands of years outside of the Eclipse before he breaks in and saves Guts and Caska.

hog wizard
Feb 16, 2005

by angerbeet
I'm actually very surprised that the Godhand let an apostle, the Kushan Emperor, become so powerful that it needed a tag team of Regriffith and Zodd to destory it.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

hog wizard posted:

I'm actually very surprised that the Godhand let an apostle, the Kushan Emperor, become so powerful that it needed a tag team of Regriffith and Zodd to destory it.

I figured that Griffith arranged for him to become that powerful.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Yeah, the Kushan Emperor is powerful on purpose.

T. W. Forsthye
Aug 27, 2009
I just want to say that the last few pages have been really invigorating and i've really enjoyed the discussions and the astute comments from people like Zorak and nondeviant and Tuxedo Catfish and all you clever people, now here are a bunch of pictures of random cutesy crap and cool dudes

I guess I can take requests too if you want, although if you read it online you can probably do it yourself pretty well. Just putting that out there.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pretty creepy, dude.

Son of Emhak
Sep 11, 2005

We say there's no parting for us, if our hearts are conveyed to each other.

Zorak posted:

Yeah, the Kushan Emperor is powerful on purpose.

Something I found interesting about the Kushan Emperor is the way his countenance was absolutely shaken by Griffiths immediate presence. The way he spoke reminded me exactly of the way Griffith was before using his Behelit to summon the Godhand. Both knew their fate the moment they were confronted with reality (Griffith using the Behelit as to the Emperor confronted by the Hawk), and yet despite their wishes, there is also anxiety of casting off what either of them has built, Griffiths friendship with Guts and the Hawks, and the Emperor's kingdom.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Cbouncerrun posted:

Pretty creepy, dude.

hey now, cutesy crap != creepy

just like how yotsuba isn't creepy gosh

nondeviant
Mar 14, 2005

Life's not fair, but at least it has a sense of humor.

Cbouncerrun posted:

Pretty creepy, dude.

Requesting demon horse rape plz.

PieThief
Apr 9, 2009
Yer mother'sh a whore, Trebek!
With all of this talk about femto/griffith i'm just curious as to how you guys would think about the kid that shows up for about 2 chapters (after gutts gets his berserker armor and they ar all on the beach). Seems to make you think its cascas and gutts kid. Just read that chapter and its kind of vexing that they never mention it again, would like to see someone elses take on it. >.<

T. W. Forsthye
Aug 27, 2009

nondeviant posted:

Requesting demon horse rape plz.

ugh

PieThief posted:

Seems to make you think its cascas and gutts kid.

That's the first thing I thought of. He has his mother's eyes.
The only other little kids we've encountered are the dock waifs, Rosine's little army, the random kids seen welcoming Pippin to Windham Castle, the kids in the church at the troll attack, and a smattering of other one-shots. Certainly no one of any lasting significance.

T. W. Forsthye fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 13, 2010

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So is the story back go Guts yet?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

So is the story back go Guts yet?

yes

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I dunno, I just don't see the final battle between Griffith and Gutts being decided based on who's got the biggest sway on Causality/Fate here.

Miura seems to be setting it up that Griffith is going to have his downfall thanks to his vessel on earth being the child of Gutts and Caska. He's already protected Caska out of instinct on the Hill of Swords no reason whatsoever, Gutts thought he might've just been messing with him but even Griffith seemed to be bothered by it after he said he had no feelings for him at all anymore.

I'm hoping for an epic gently caress yeah moment like Zodd and Gutts riding the lightning but I feel we'll get a deus ex machina moment instead.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Diabetic posted:

I dunno, I just don't see the final battle between Griffith and Gutts being decided based on who's got the biggest sway on Causality/Fate here.

Miura seems to be setting it up that Griffith is going to have his downfall thanks to his vessel on earth being the child of Gutts and Caska. He's already protected Caska out of instinct on the Hill of Swords no reason whatsoever, Gutts thought he might've just been messing with him but even Griffith seemed to be bothered by it after he said he had no feelings for him at all anymore.

I'm hoping for an epic gently caress yeah moment like Zodd and Gutts riding the lightning but I feel we'll get a deus ex machina moment instead.

I always saw the end of Griffith coming financially as he tries to open a series of ill conceived theme restaurants through out his kingdom.

Zodd: "Sir, people don't want to eat at a restaurant called 'Apostle-lutely Delicious'.
Griffith: "This will be the downfall of me! :gonk:"

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

The way I always imagine the final battle is like the Hill of Swords, just Griffith & Guts 1 on 1 on a pretty setting.

Cronus
Mar 9, 2003

Hello beautiful.
This...is gonna get gross.
SK.net has a few select bits of 310 up now. Full versions should be up within the week I'm pretty sure.

Next episode is out on 2/12!

Guts looks a little bored owning these pirates, hahah

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Raw's out~

http://uploading.com/files/53cb5cbb/Berserk310.zip/

That pirate Captain was giving me some pretty serious Adon vibes there

The King of Bavaria
Jul 23, 2007

Kaiser Wilhelm is my homeboy.
Seriously, we play chess every Thursday.
Back from Idolmaster is he, thank god.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

The King of Bavaria posted:

Back from Idolmaster is he, thank god.

Seriously need to have an intervention with this guy, that is if anyone in Japan knows what he looks like thanks to his hermit attitude.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Diabetic posted:

Seriously need to have an intervention with this guy, that is if anyone in Japan knows what he looks like thanks to his hermit attitude.

He needs a wife.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Elentor posted:

He needs a wife.

They take up too much time and attention. I say we point him to a good hooker and send some Idolmaster outfits his way so he can burn his sexual tension anytime he wants and get back to what's important afterwards.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

tsob posted:

They take up too much time and attention. I say we point him to a good hooker and send some Idolmaster outfits his way so he can burn his sexual tension anytime he wants and get back to what's important afterwards.

Plus we'd all be lucky for him to not get a woman that would just say: "What is this smut? Throw this poo poo out it's disgusting."

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
What you're all saying is that we need a non-judgmental geisha who will release him from his addiction every so often. She'll offer neutral to positive conversation and get him to chill out without the need of some barely dressed video game character.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2
Can someone please enlighten me on this whole Idolmaster thing, I just want to know why you all are placing the man himself beside utter dross?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Toadsniff posted:

Can someone please enlighten me on this whole Idolmaster thing, I just want to know why you all are placing the man himself beside utter dross?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idolmaster

Really, the first paragraph at the top is pretty much all you need to read.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Wow that is a creepy cover, I stopped reading at the "touch screen" part :gonk:

Are you saying this is why we haven't had some Berserk lately?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Toadsniff posted:

Wow that is a creepy cover, I stopped reading at the "touch screen" part :gonk:

Are you saying this is why we haven't had some Berserk lately?

This is why we've had slow and erratic releases of Berserk for some years.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

This is why we've had slow and erratic releases of Berserk for some years.

Not really. He only started playing it recently, and was delayed before it.

The long story short is that Miura is both a hikkikimori AND an extraordinarily overly-detail-focused artist. Both combine.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Zorak posted:

Not really. He only started playing it recently, and was delayed before it.

The long story short is that Miura is both a hikkikimori AND an extraordinarily overly-detail-focused artist. Both combine.

Really? I remember hearing about it ages ago, but I guess my perception of how long it's been could be at fault here.

Coolio
Nov 5, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Nate RFB posted:

But then you miss the funny stuff!

quote:

The Idolm@ster has been credited with making Japan's ratio of Xbox Live sign-ups to the number consoles sold the highest in the world.[1] Over four times as many Microsoft points were sold on the date of The Idolm@ster 360 release as on the date before it.[1]

Murkyhumor
Jul 24, 2006

This is Not a Pipe.
Fun Shoe
EG have released 310.

click Here

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Now those are some two-page spreads I can get behind :hellyeah:

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Reading that was like eating food I've been craving. We're back to some good old fashioned Gutts versus monsters.

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

HAHA Spinning Cannon Slice!, so loving rad.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
Wow that was great. I love these type of chapters. And another one on Feb 12, can't wait!

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
I think the first page's text pretty much sums up the entire release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

liquidus696
Dec 25, 2007

"DO NOT PRAY! If you pray, your hands will close together, and you won't be able to fight!"
I'm surprised Gutts even wakes up anymore, considering nothing seems to be a challenge unless its Grifto of a giant lightning monster...