Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Bird-o-matic posted:

A repeat but worth it.

Post / avatar combo of the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitesnake_2!
Oct 6, 2008

by T. Finn

Ola posted:

I'm going to put the camera on my RAM mount and shoot in series or with remote control. Might get another RAM base mount as well for moving it around to cool angles.

I'm also seeing the older GoPros going for chump change on eBay as people are upgrading. Here's a dream setup on a realistic budget:

1x GoPro HD
2x older GoPros
1x stereo field recorder with a wind sock

GoPro HD points forward, one older GoPro on handlebars points towards rider for maxxx egos and the other goes somewhere really funky like on the swingarm pointing backwards or whatever.

Sound recorder becomes master sync device. Just switch on all the cameras, then the sound recorder. Then simply show the recorder's panel with time elapsed to all the cameras. This makes sound sync really easy. You load the audio in the editor software and then drag the video files so each frame with the recorder in lines up with the time stamp in the audio file. Just like Hollywood!

Sound recorder gets secured in a location sheltered from wind and riding commences. Edit, post to internets, collect many 5s.

That is a really good idea and I've been wondering about doing something similar. It'd be awesome to see an action video of your ride, switching to different shots all the time, watching the rear suspension work or whatever you shoot at.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Whitesnake_2! posted:

That is a really good idea and I've been wondering about doing something similar. It'd be awesome to see an action video of your ride, switching to different shots all the time, watching the rear suspension work or whatever you shoot at.

I just got a GoPro HD with all of the basic mounts. Where do you guys find the best place to mount in the rear for an SV650? Right now I set up the front facing mount right next to the ignition.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Silver posted:

content:

Is that...one a them Factory Sponsored Stunnas? :ssh:

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbVLF1HOuBg

Did these really fall so far off on sales that they had to be discontinued? I miss mine

There are like 3 or 4 250s left in North America. Not enough people live in sprawling, crowded cities :colbert:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ola posted:

You should get a Wu Tang inspired custom title like Phat Albert.

Up from the expansion chambers!
It's the oil - smoke - killa
TWO STROKE KILLA BEEZ - WE ON A SWARM

Someone do this and we can be title buddies.

Every regular poster in CA should be required to have a motorcycle themed Wu-Tang based title.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

Someone do this and we can be title buddies.

Every regular poster in CA should be required to have a motorcycle themed Wu-Tang based title.

Someone make a title for me and I'll do it. :3: to whomever bought me this title, though.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Z3n posted:

Someone make a title for me and I'll do it. :3: to whomever bought me this title, though.

I'm down for that as well.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Slide Hammer posted:

Did these really fall so far off on sales that they had to be discontinued? I miss mine

There are like 3 or 4 250s left in North America. Not enough people live in sprawling, crowded cities :colbert:

If you want some 150s I know of a few cargo containers in the summer which has about 30 of them in each.

If you ask the local MSF nicely they might sell you one. :v:

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Has this been posted before?

Danny MacAskill bike trials in Edinburgh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

Probably, given there's 146 pages.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
How many cc does that bike have?

Edit: probably only 50 less than this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCy9nrchqFI

niethan fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 18, 2010

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Slide Hammer posted:

Ninja 250.

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

Anjow posted:

Has this been posted before?

Danny MacAskill bike trials in Edinburgh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

Probably, given there's 146 pages.

Yeah it has been, back around page 80 or so if I remember correctly. He's got some talent there though. (I actually was watching it last weekend and then went straight to ebay to see if I could buy a trials bike).

Edit: Just double checked - it was page 83, by Z3n

Aargh fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 18, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
http://www.crash.net/tailenders/video/156065/1/rossi_gets_to_the_bottom_of_lorenzos_problem.html

Rossi sorts out lorenzo's problems.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'm liquidating everything I own and commuting on this for the rest of my life

O and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvKan5vnI_U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhY37aoC7Q0

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 19, 2010

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

This is pretty god drat funny.

eggyolk
Nov 8, 2007

Of all the formats for presenting humurous dialogue, what the gently caress were they thinking choosing that?

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
That it was the correct media?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

eggyolk posted:

Of all the formats for presenting humurous dialogue, what the gently caress were they thinking choosing that?

I think it was a free program or something. There's one like that of two guys arguing over ford and chevy.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You go SMF forums!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Fed up with traffic jams?

Get a trials bike!

It was a staged stunt for Red Bull, the ramp car was theirs, the rest of the cars were not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m-bueGyIVo

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
Goldwing molested by erector set and Coleman cooler.

I've seen this guy around a few times, IIRC he's from Minnesota. Who needs a set of Jesses, really?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
All I can think about is how bloody my fingers would have gotten cutting and bolting together all those sharp edges. Anyone else ever go grocery shopping like that?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Gnomad posted:

Goldwing molested by erector set and Coleman cooler.

I've seen this guy around a few times, IIRC he's from Minnesota. Who needs a set of Jesses, really?

He's got all that poo poo all over the bike and he's holding the bags on his handlebars? :raise:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
If I had to guess the setup is for delivering pizzas. No need to have such a strangely shaped box otherwise. You can also order beverages with pizzas, which is my guess for the cooler.

Valfar
Nov 12, 2004

Born to lose, live to win.
What do you get if you cross a KTM 525 EXC with a Yamaha BW 200?

This:

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
I cant find a better picture but this is how you carry food on a bike. For the first few weeks I saw these in glorious nippon, I thought they were some sort of electric contraption. The spring at the top looked like a ceramic insulator to me. They are pretty rad, seeing guys hoon around on them with a big bowl of ramen on the back, the tray staying perfectly level and safe.

Click here for the full 565x850 image.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Tentacle Party posted:

I cant find a better picture but this is how you carry food on a bike. For the first few weeks I saw these in glorious nippon, I thought they were some sort of electric contraption. The spring at the top looked like a ceramic insulator to me. They are pretty rad, seeing guys hoon around on them with a big bowl of ramen on the back, the tray staying perfectly level and safe.

That's brilliant.

For those that can't 'see' it, the two arms that are raised at 45* pivot down, and serve as guides for the metal 'cage', which is attached to the green plasti-cloth on top, which comes down around the tray like a tent, trapping heat. The whole contraption is on a pivot, and the black thing is a shock absorber - the whole thing also rides up and down on the small vertical rods next to the shock - soaking up both swaying and bumps.

Brilliant, I say.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Tentacle Party posted:

Invent this except design it around coffee mugs with double-expresso mocha lattes in them and make it to fit GS1200's.

You know what I mean.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

abigserve posted:

Invent this except design it around coffee mugs with double-expresso mocha lattes in them and make it to fit GS1200's.

You know what I mean.

Need to design something to keep the dirt...oh wait

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

Valfar posted:

What do you get if you cross a KTM 525 EXC with a Yamaha BW 200?

This:

That is fuckin 205% brilliant. I need one. And I know exactly where I would take it, on a ride on the Iditarod trail to Skwentna.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Tentacle Party posted:

Only in Japan. :patriot:

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.
I laughed so hard.

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
They have a point, but gently caress, they are terrible at properly expressing it...

It's quite sad really, because I don't see the erosion of Australian civil liberties to be a good thing in any way.

"Hay guyz, let's filter the internet with a secret blacklist where it's illegal for the public to even know what's being blocked, and while we're at it, let's make laws that can be used to outlaw any group of people that the government of the time decides is a nuisance or threat to them in some way. I know, let's use those big mean scary bikies to get the public to turn a blind eye while we introduce this crap."

To take a bit of a tinfoil hat type of viewpoint, that image almost comes across to me as an example of black propaganda. Unfortunately though, I'm sure it isn't :(

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
what's a bikie? am i a bikie?

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007
Australian for a 1%er, usually referring to patched members or associates of such clubs

Sometimes gets used by less informed people (i.e. journalists) to refer to the harley crowd in general though, or even sometimes motorcyclists in general.

To provide some background, many states in Australia are introducing, or have introduced, "anti-bikie" laws. Basically, a set of laws by which the government of that state can label any particular organisation or group of people a "declared organisation", which makes it illegal for said persons to even contact each other more than 6 times a year or something like that, along with a big list of other restrictions of freedom. The initial labelling decision is supposed to have to be approved by a judge, but as far as I know the process is entirely non-transparent, and the reasons for declaring an organisation can be kept secret from the public (yes, rights and the legal system in Australia are incredibly hosed, even without this kind of thing. To keep with the bikie example, one particular West Australian club fought a legal battle for years against a police order to remove security measures (gates, cameras, etc.) from their clubhouse. The police didn't even have to disclose their reasons for wanting this done, and were able to keep everything secret even after multiple legal requests at increasingly higher levels).

It's been introduced under the guise of being targeted against outlaw motorcycle clubs, but the laws are perfectly open to future use against any other groups of people that the government doesn't like for whatever reason. It might not be the original intent, but sooner or later someone in power is going to use the laws for their own gain.

vvv 2ndclasscitizen offers a clear and concise explanation

FlyinDoc fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 22, 2010

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The really horrible thing is, for an organisation to be proscribed as illegal, the police commissioner goes to the judge and applies for it. The organisation isn't allowed to defended itself, or even see the evidence being used against them.

It.

Is.

hosed.

But luckily the UMC (the council that all the MCs belong to) has some big legal firepower behind it, and the police are starting to be fuckheads about it and are borderline about to shoot themselves in the foot.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
Man, what the gently caress is up with Australia?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Tsaven Nava posted:

Seriously, that is beyond loving absurd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Tsaven Nava posted:

We have been living under the hole in the ozone layer for decades now. :sun: