Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
Long live rolled-up couch doggies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

soap. posted:

I can't believe no one suggested Skye terrier yet.

You have a strong point. His hair is a little shorter and coarser than a Skye's, and he has drop ears, and he's splayfooted rather than the Skye standard straight-ahead. But this one looks totally like Angus would have as a puppy, in my imagination (original page).

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS
This is Dakota, a twelve-year-old Border Collie and GSD mix (the latter being undetermined but probably a safe bet) I brought home from the HSUS. :love: He's an absolute gentleman and means the world to my family to the extend that the only child hasn't been on family holiday cards since 1997.

He has moderate hip dysplasia that necessitated ramp constructions, but it doesn't stop him from tearing around the woods like mad from dawn to dusk.

OneOverZero fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 22, 2010

Dr Abobo
Mar 29, 2006

Sit down, son.

jackson1 posted:

She's part border collie, part beagle, and part kitty cat.

When I leave my dog in my car, she is always in that position in my rear window when I come back.

biscuitbandit
Oct 19, 2004
Our lab/boxer mix (boxador?) Misty. He's nearly a year old now. We rescued him 6 months ago from a family that thought it normal to feed a puppy weetabix for breakfast and spaghetti bolognese, or whatever they'd had, for tea. He was skinny as a rake when we got him, but now look at him!

Daaaaaw.

Sleeping near the heater when our central heating broke down over Christmas.

PET ME!

Wish I had something better than my phone to take pictures of him with.

tamriilin
Dec 29, 2008

House was on this page when he got that annoying "I'm such a genius" look.
This is my puppy. He just turned a year old; I adopted him shortly after he was born. A woman my mother works with was giving them away, so I decided to adopt him.

Click here for the full 829x906 image.

He's mostly Beagle/Dachshund, among other things.

blixa
Jan 9, 2006

Kein bestandteil sein
This is Buffy. She's a rat terrier mix, definitely some dachshund in there. I wonder what else...and where she came from, as she was a stray (that was picked up and taken to a shelter). :)

tamriilin
Dec 29, 2008

House was on this page when he got that annoying "I'm such a genius" look.

blixa posted:

This is Buffy. She's a rat terrier mix, definitely some dachshund in there. I wonder what else...and where she came from, as she was a stray (that was picked up and taken to a shelter). :)

I love terriers. I have a Jack Russel Terrier of my own; she's definitely my favorite because she's so affectionate.

EDIT: is it wrong to have favorite pets? Never thought about that before.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Nikita is feeling very camoflauged right now.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
She's so adorable :3:

fuck logic
Mar 20, 2005

Queen of Inappropriate

biscuitbandit posted:

Our lab/boxer mix (boxador?) Misty. He's nearly a year old now. We rescued him 6 months ago from a family that thought it normal to feed a puppy weetabix for breakfast and spaghetti bolognese, or whatever they'd had, for tea. He was skinny as a rake when we got him, but now look at him!

Daaaaaw.

Sleeping near the heater when our central heating broke down over Christmas.

PET ME!

Wish I had something better than my phone to take pictures of him with.

Holy cow, he looks a lot like my weird little mutt. They said at the rescue that his mom was a boxer. Most of his litter mates had at least one blue eye, so they guessed husky. He got a thick-rear end undercoat for my birthday and a pretty fuzzy butt, but otherwise I don't see a lot of husky.

He definitely acts a lot like a boxer. He's really handsy and he looks around, bounces, and generally moves a lot like the boxers I've known. However! He's the chillest puppy I've ever met in my life. He'll run like a madman (butt-down-crazies) for a few minutes at the dog park, and he'll wrestle the old man's poor doggies all night and day if you let him, but for the most part, he's perfectly content to sit in your lap or at your feet and chew something appropriate.

Anyway, here's what he looks like. Oh, he's right at 8 months old now, and a little bigger than knee-high and just under 30 pounds.

This one ^ was a couple of months ago.

Ohhh the wee baby!

This one reminds me of the last one you posted. Westley (The Dread Pirate Roberts) gets that look on his face all the time!

fuck logic fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 26, 2010

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

gently caress logic posted:

Ohhh the wee baby!

I have diabetes now from this. I hope you're happy.

I love that he looks like he stuck his muzzle in oil or something :3:

Terminally Ill
Sep 26, 2007

No! Stop touching yourself!
This is scraps (the wirey fat one) and his brother zero (the long silky one). The people we adopted them from told us that they are litter mates and their mother was a Yorkie, but we have no idea what the father could have been. Every time I think I've pegged down what else one of them is mixed with, it doesn't fit with how the other dog looks. (for instance, we think scraps has some norfolk or norwich terrier in there, but zero looks nothing like either of those breeds.)

Also, this one isn't mine, he belongs to my best friends. This is Sirius. We think he's chow and German or Dutch shepherd, maybe more Dutch to explain the brindle, but we don't know exactly. Either way he's a very friendly but very quirky/strange dog:

pumpie2
Nov 17, 2009
This is Loki my 1 and a half year old supposed jack russell.
We are sure there is something else in him, but his mother and father were classic wire haired jack russells.

On the way home from the farm we got him from.

At 8 months

Enjoying a bath

Drying off

Showing off his mutton chops

Trying on his new bandanna
I think there may some other terrier in him.

BOrangeFury
Feb 18, 2005

by T. Fine

pumpie2 posted:

This is Loki my 1 and a half year old supposed jack russell.
We are sure there is something else in him, but his mother and father were classic wire haired jack russells.

Looks like mom was messing around with a Yorkie.

pumpie2
Nov 17, 2009
We thought there might be a bit of border terrier to him, because of his coat and the stocky-ness of his build and what not.

Terminally Pretty
Nov 8, 2008

Scary Ned posted:

Can't blame you, she's a doll! She might have something terrier-y in her with the wirey hair, but I have no idea what is permissible in the chihuahua breed.

i see Terrier too.. also...that mohawk she has reminds me of Chinese Crested (not the hairless kind hehe) she is VERY CUTE!! <333

Sarlacc
Jan 2, 2009
DEXTER!!!
Named after the best showtime series ever. :3:
We think he is a Jack-a-bee (jack russell/beagle mix). He's not very brave, or very smart but he's got some cute quirks. He loves my boyfriend more than anyone else in my family for some reason.

Click here for the full 800x601 image.

He loves straddling the couch and watching the activity in the kitchen. Dexter can be very strange sometimes.

Click here for the full 604x454 image.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Sarlacc posted:

DEXTER!!!
Named after the best showtime series ever. :3:
We think he is a Jack-a-bee (jack russell/beagle mix). He's not very brave, or very smart but he's got some cute quirks. He loves my boyfriend more than anyone else in my family for some reason.

Interesting - I have Jack Russel Terrier/Mini Australian Shepard mixed mutts and they look pretty similar:

Hellwuzzat
Nov 28, 2008
I miss both my mutts, now. It's been all cat for the past ten years. I love my purr-beasts, but they aren't interactive.

I think the coolest mutt I ever saw was a Rottweiler and Irish Wolfhound mix. Had the Rotty bulk and colouring, but the height and shagginess of the Irish. It's teeth were friggin' terrifying. I never asked, but it had to be in the ~180-200 lb. range. It emanated pure :black101:

I want a beastly canine. :(

solbaid
Jun 14, 2003
HA! HA! I'm using the internet!
Cool dogs!

solbaid fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 15, 2013

Psimitry
Jun 3, 2003

Hostile negotiations since 1978

Dr Abobo posted:

Because nobody has mentioned this yet, I'll go ahead and say that I want a pair of dogs this close to each other I can barely stand it.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

Anybody wanna try and figure out what breed(s) my dog is?

He's from Taiwan and I think he looks a little bit like a Taiwanese Dog, but not completely. Also he's very small.

His mom and his sibling and him a long time ago.
Wish I knew what his dad looked like!

Better look at him and his siblings' faces when they were puppies.

Him now about a year old:

The rescue I got him from has no idea what he is, they guessed basenji or manchester terrier mix but I don't really see either.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

I don't know a whole lot about Thailand, but from what I do know, isn't it most likely that your dog is 100% mutt with no trace of anything purebred?

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

adventure in the sandbox posted:

I don't know a whole lot about Thailand, but from what I do know, isn't it most likely that your dog is 100% mutt with no trace of anything purebred?

Taiwan...
Anyway um mutts are mixes. Of breeds.

Anyway this is a Bunan Taiwanese Dog

Looks pretty similar to Sammy actually but different ear and tail shape.

Taiwanese Mountain Dogs/Formosan Dog is a breed native to Taiwan.

pizzadog fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 3, 2010

Tad Naff
Jul 8, 2004

I told you you'd be sorry buying an emoticon, but no, you were hung over. Well look at you now. It's not catching on at all!
:backtowork:

Marshmallow Mayhem posted:

The rescue I got him from has no idea what he is, they guessed basenji or manchester terrier mix but I don't really see either.

There's an outfit called Ocean Dog Rescue in my area that deals exclusively with Taiwanese dogs, and almost all of them are described as Manchester Terrier or Basenji or both, no matter what they look like. I imagine your place probably gets their dogs from the same source. I wonder why they picked on those two breeds in particular.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I like a Hot Dog.

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration
One of my friends has the craziest dog. It's a jet-black Great Dane/Boxer cross.

If you just saw the dog from the neck back you would swear it was a full blood great dane. Super tall, smooth coat, long thin tail. But the head is all boxer. It honestly looks like someone took a boxer's head and slapped it on a great dane's body. It is hilarious. Wish I had a picture.

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

FeloniousDrunk posted:

There's an outfit called Ocean Dog Rescue in my area that deals exclusively with Taiwanese dogs, and almost all of them are described as Manchester Terrier or Basenji or both, no matter what they look like. I imagine your place probably gets their dogs from the same source. I wonder why they picked on those two breeds in particular.

Yeah that's gotta be the same rescue. I think it's a large rescue in Taiwan and they have overseas rescues which have no shelters/fosters/etc who communicate with the Taiwanese people to get them sent over to Socal, BC, etc. Mine was called Sweet Home Rescue based out of Irvine, CA. Some of those dogs look just like Sammy :P At this point I'm just thinking Sammy is some kinda Formosan Mountain Dog mix which has become it's own breed almost in Taiwan. There's a ton of dogs that look just like him, but not like the 100% pure Taiwanese Dog.

spixxor
Feb 4, 2009

Warbadger posted:

Nikita is feeling very camoflauged right now.

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

Please tell me this is some miraculous dog with no wolf or coyote in her so that I may hope to have one of my very own someday. :3:

Terrestrial Octopus
Nov 5, 2008
I got a dog! :neckbeard:

We were told he's a Wirehair Daschund X Yorkshire Terrier. Seems likely enough, but neither of those really seem to account for his giant mis-matched ears or his extra-long tail, which he carries in a big curl over his back when he walks (loose curl like an Akita, not a tight curl like a Pug).

PI pacification list ;)
-was adopted from the local shelter
-is already neutered
-is in the process of transitioning from lovely shelter food to Wellness Small Breed
-will be enrolled in the shelter’s next basic obedience class, which starts in ~2 months
-has a 3b/2bath house to roam, and a ¼ acre fenced in yard to play in
-will be visiting the local dog park frequently once he finishes his shots (shelter estimated him at ~10-12 months old, but he’s only just had his first round of vaccines)

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Taiwan...
Whoops :D

Anyway um mutts are mixes. Of breeds.
Yeah thanks, pretty sure I was aware of that and hopefully you knew what I was getting at and not just being snarky. Not that there isn't a purebred *somewhere* in the dog's pedigree but that its physical characteristics are a mix without anything to help decide if its great-great-great-grandpa was a basenji.

Do you really think a street dog from Taiwan is part Manchester terrier? Its cute that the rescue is trying to label them as such but its ok to have an exotic Taiwanese mutt :3:

I don't think mutts are always mixes of breeds. I don't think all pariah dogs in Afrida are a mix of basenji etc.

Terrapinata
Sep 12, 2008
My old man and Spike, a bullterrior X wolfhound. He was an oops litter when his mother was 5 months old. He gets a beard in winter and is the biggest sook on earth.

The new pup Gromet, no one knows what her dad was but the mother is a jack russel X.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

Terrapinata posted:

My old man and Spike, a bullterrior X wolfhound. He was an oops litter when his mother was 5 months old. He gets a beard in winter and is the biggest sook on earth.

That is a cool-looking dog.

Shebrew
Jul 12, 2006

Is it a party?

Terrapinata posted:

What an awesomely weird mix

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.
We need more pictures of Spike for science :science:

Terrapinata
Sep 12, 2008
Ok, I warn you some of these are...different.
My parents are building at the moment and it's often easier to crash out on an old, mouse infested, piss-stained (not human) mattress than it is to make the three hour trip back to the main house.
These are all photos of photos, drat scanner died on me.

How Gromet grew up

Spike sits formally

And every night he puts the Chickens to bed, the comand is "Spike Chickens!" and he herds them up into their coup, all we have to do is latch the gate.

edit:

Found another one of him on my Dads lap

Next time I go home I'll scratch up some pics of their old bullterrior x Jack russel, Molly. My Dad likes Bullies.

Terrapinata fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Mar 12, 2010

Little_Dead_Pets
Jul 3, 2006

Yeah that's gotta be the same rescue. I think it's a large rescue in Taiwan and they have overseas rescues which have no shelters/fosters/etc who communicate with the Taiwanese people to get them sent over to Socal, BC, etc. Mine was called Sweet Home Rescue based out of Irvine, CA. Some of those dogs look just like Sammy :P At this point I'm just thinking Sammy is some kinda Formosan Mountain Dog mix which has become it's own breed almost in Taiwan. There's a ton of dogs that look just like him, but not like the 100% pure Taiwanese Dog.

Oh man, they have some great looking Taiwanese mutts. This guy :3: ... I would adopt him simply based on cuteness-of-ears:

Corley
Feb 2, 2010

My dog that I inherited from my mom, Nanook. Was sold to her as a shih-tzu/minature poodle mix but that seems off. In certain lighting you can see some "apricot" tha I'm guessing is from the poodle in him. He only weighs about ten pounds.

If any one wants to tell what they think he is, I'd be happy to hear it.

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

67 and still making love
Oct 7, 2005

Peek
a
BLARGH

Phisty posted:

My dog that I inherited from my mom, Nanook. Was sold to her as a shih-tzu/minature poodle mix but that seems off. In certain lighting you can see some "apricot" tha I'm guessing is from the poodle in him. He only weighs about ten pounds.

If any one wants to tell what they think he is, I'd be happy to hear it.

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

I'm getting a strong shih-tzu vibe off his expression in both pictures - the eye/brow configuration seems very typical, plus the air of long-suffering sadness. Shih-tzus grieve like no-one else...