Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Raven457 posted:

two-up action shot!

drat, that thing's so big it makes you guys look small. I'd look like a munchkin on it :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Tsaven Nava posted:

drat, that thing's so big it makes you guys look small. I'd look like a munchkin on it :D

Haha, what a backhanded way to say they're fat.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

KARMA! posted:

Yeah well, but his wife has some amazing knockers :D

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

KARMA! posted:

lol Well, my wife and I are not exactly scrawny, so tis ok... Tsaven is still our favorite malnourished half-gay elf boy.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Excuse me sir, but the proper equipment for a man of your stature is a Suzuki Hayabusa and a grey hoodie

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002

redscare posted:

Excuse me sir, but the proper equipment for a man of your stature is a Suzuki Hayabusa and a grey hoodie

It's funny you mention that. There's a guy that lives somewhere near me with a Hayabusa, and he makes me look almost skinny.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Raven457 posted:

It's funny you mention that. There's a guy that lives somewhere near me with a Hayabusa, and he makes me look almost skinny.

Honestly I think the Hayabusa is one of the ugliest sport bikes on the market. It just looks so bloated and oafish and swollen. I mean, yeah crazy-fast and all, but wow. Hideous.

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.

Tsaven Nava posted:

Honestly I think the Hayabusa is one of the ugliest sport bikes on the market. It just looks so bloated and oafish and swollen. I mean, yeah crazy-fast and all, but wow. Hideous.
I'm with you on that. I find both the Hyabusa and the Ninja ZX-14 to be supremely ugly, especially when compared to the current generation of 1000's.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Fantastipotamus posted:

I'm with you on that. I find both the Hyabusa and the Ninja ZX-14 to be supremely ugly, especially when compared to the current generation of 1000's.

The first word that comes to mind when I think of the Hayabusa isn't "fast" or "quick" or "powerful"... it's bulbous :v:

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

needknees posted:

The first word that comes to mind when I think of the Hayabusa isn't "fast" or "quick" or "powerful"... it's bulbous :v:

For me it's "No clue how to corner. Heavy wrist. Likes gangster rap music."

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

needknees posted:

For me it's "butt plug". That huge ... phallic bump behind the seat is all I can see.

EDIT: Oh god I found this trying to find a good picture of it. :psypop:

FlyinDoc
Dec 20, 2007

buildmyrigdotcom posted:

I made the mistake of buying Icon Field Armor boots and besides being quite uncomfortable, they are the squeakiest crap known to man. They felt like they offered a lot of protection, at least, and were pretty fine to wear when not walking.

They squeak a bit, mostly when new, but after they're worn in they're very comfortable and I have no problems walking around in mine. I once walked 3km and back again to go buy a new oil filter in order to pass the time while my bike was getting its tires changed.

They're pretty much all I've worn for more than 2 years worth of riding, and have held up incredibly well, though the buckles are ground down a bit from a couple of track crashes.

My only issue was the bulkiness of the toe section, which meant I had to raise the shifter on my 250 a bit to comfortably fit them under it. The 600 is fine though.

They even flex enough to let you get off the bike a bit, which I didn't really expect from such bulky street-oriented boots.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
I've worn mine a poo poo load, walking around campus with a squeak squeak squeak for probably a total of at least 10 miles, but they're still squeaky. You're right about holding up well to crashes, though. Back when I had a 250 I lowsided and the footpeg was crushing my inner ankle, probably would have punctured it if I wasn't wearing boots, or probably seriously injured if I wasn't wearing boots this stiff.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Jabs posted:

I demand more and better pics.

Picky bastard, aren't you? Next you're going to complain that I forgot to set the white balance in these! :)

Oh, how I hate living in the Midwest.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
My ride is still the same ol' bright yellow EX250, but we've added another to the stable. 2002 "Route 66" edition Virago 250. Very dirty and in need of many rubber bits and a chain, it sits for now until I have time/money to throw at it.

Oh how I love that my girlfriend can't back her car out of the driveway and so parks in front of the house instead of the garage! (not selfish)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

sirbeefalot posted:

My ride is still the same ol' bright yellow EX250, but we've added another to the stable. 2002 "Route 66" edition Virago 250. Very dirty and in need of many rubber bits and a chain, it sits for now until I have time/money to throw at it.

Oh how I love that my girlfriend can't back her car out of the driveway and so parks in front of the house instead of the garage! (not selfish)

I can pick up whatever length of chain you need when we do the maintenance day...50$ is the flat fee for chains, any (reasonable) length. :)

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002

Tsaven Nava posted:

Next you're going to complain that I forgot to set the white balance in these! :)

:eek:

what IS all that white poo poo...???

Is that .... is that... is that SNOW??!! :ohdear:

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

I can pick up whatever length of chain you need when we do the maintenance day...50$ is the flat fee for chains, any (reasonable) length. :)

Sweet! I'll break the old one off sometime this week hopefully, and measure it.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Tsaven Nava posted:

Picky bastard, aren't you? Next you're going to complain that I forgot to set the white balance in these! :)

Oh, how I hate living in the Midwest.
No, no. There's plenty of white in those.

If you ever get tired of Chicago, Denver might suit you. This winter has thus far been an exception to the rule, but a "typical" winter only has a handful of days when the roads are lovely so you couldn't ride if you were sufficiently hard core (and by 'hard core' I mean 'you bring your own heat with you').

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Jabs posted:

No, no. There's plenty of white in those.

If you ever get tired of Chicago, Denver might suit you. This winter has thus far been an exception to the rule, but a "typical" winter only has a handful of days when the roads are lovely so you couldn't ride if you were sufficiently hard core (and by 'hard core' I mean 'you bring your own heat with you').

It's actually pretty similar around here. Usually for 2-3 days after a heavy snow there will be some slick stuff, but once there's been a couple days of sun and the salt has had a chance to work it's magic, the roads are almost completely clear.

I just worry about the occasional lumps of solid ice that often form in random locations.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Raven457 posted:

:eek:

what IS all that white poo poo...???

Is that .... is that... is that SNOW??!! :ohdear:

I just spent 20 minutes shoveling so I could (extremely gingerly, since under the snow was about 1/3" of ice :( ) pull the bike out and take these pictures.

It's supposed to be warm next week, with highs in the upper 20s to mid 30s so hopefully I'll be able to get out and at least ride to work or putt around.

Tsaven Nava posted:

It's actually pretty similar around here. Usually for 2-3 days after a heavy snow there will be some slick stuff, but once there's been a couple days of sun and the salt has had a chance to work it's magic, the roads are almost completely clear.

What a difference just 5.5hrs to the east makes. We got a shitload of snow at the beginning of december and the stuff hasn't hardly had a chance to melt at all, save for around Christmas when we got sleet and freezing rain for a day and a half. Stuff just doesn't melt around here. The roads clear off pretty well due to the huge amount of salt/deicer they put down but my driveway, being gravel, won't melt until we get some "serious" heat. I'm thinking with all of next week being nice and sunny it' break up enough I'd feel comfortable trying to get in and out of the drive.

Is it April yet? :ohdear:

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

needknees posted:

What a difference just 5.5hrs to the east makes. We got a shitload of snow at the beginning of december and the stuff hasn't hardly had a chance to melt at all, save for around Christmas when we got sleet and freezing rain for a day and a half. Stuff just doesn't melt around here. The roads clear off pretty well due to the huge amount of salt/deicer they put down but my driveway, being gravel, won't melt until we get some "serious" heat. I'm thinking with all of next week being nice and sunny it' break up enough I'd feel comfortable trying to get in and out of the drive.

Oh no, we haven't been above freezing since early December at least, right now we've got about a foot and a half of snow on the ground. But they put down tons of deicer and salt, and usually within 3-4 days of clear sun, the roads themselves will be pretty clear. I'm still not sure I want to risk taking either of the bikes out, though.

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

I'm a stupid fucking cunt

Tsaven Nava posted:

Oh no, we haven't been above freezing since early December at least, right now we've got about a foot and a half of snow on the ground. But they put down tons of deicer and salt, and usually within 3-4 days of clear sun, the roads themselves will be pretty clear. I'm still not sure I want to risk taking either of the bikes out, though.

This is true unless your garage is off an alley which doesn't get salted or plowed. Riding on a solid sheet of ice out to the road is not my idea of a good way to make sure my bike stays upright at all times, ugh.

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

I am Dizzunk, Certified German Lubrication Technician.
Took the bike out of the garage for some sun today because the visiting family wanted to see it.

I put the disc lock on it to discourage joy rides from my uncles.

I love how the paint looks in the sun.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You know you really shouldn't leave a bike to sit like that. I'll come round and take iot for a spin for you.

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

2ndclasscitizen posted:

You know you really shouldn't leave a bike to sit like that. I'll come round and take iot for a spin for you.

10 more days.... 10 more days :sigh:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Those mirrors are ugly.

DiZ
Jan 3, 2005

Yeah but the bar ends that were on it were worse.

Some black mirrors would be nicer.

npn
Mar 7, 2006
My 1979 Honda SS50.

It's got racing stripes, it must be fast right?

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
Okay I posted this in GBS, my gods why but:

Here's my 848:

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

My Babies, they so cute ;-)

Click here for the full 1383x922 image.

The Senna, she's so erm...er....pully if that's a word:

Click here for the full 830x554 image.

Stock photo of the NC30 that I bought:

Click here for the full 640x480 image.

Will post more tomorrow of the Testrastrada (sp due to drunk lol) and the 750SS (what a mission that was).

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Before I clicked on the bigger image, I thought you were wearing an actual Stormtrooper suit instead of a riding suit that looks like one.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

redscare posted:

Before I clicked on the bigger image, I thought you were wearing an actual Stormtrooper suit instead of a riding suit that looks like one.

I would buy the poo poo out of a Stormtrooper suit that offered real riding protection.

[working title]
Dec 7, 2004
Aaargh!

bad-yeti posted:

Ducati

Nice bieks, what the hell do you do for a living and where do you keep all those bikes on an estate?

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

redscare posted:

Ahhh would that be so bad?

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

bad-yeti posted:

Ahhh would that be so bad?

It would be dorky as hell but:

Tsaven Nava posted:

I would buy the poo poo out of a Stormtrooper suit that offered real riding protection.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

"[working title posted:

"]
Nice bieks, what the hell do you do for a living and where do you keep all those bikes on an estate?

:ughh:

Why does someone always ask this anytime someone posts a bunch of nice poo poo. Like it matters.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

redscare posted:

:ughh:

Why does someone always ask this anytime someone posts a bunch of nice poo poo. Like it matters.

Because goons

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

New sportster design. Same old bike, but keeps looking better.

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
Because I don't have room at home because of the loving horses.

Die you four legged bastards......there I said it.

At least bikes don't cost money while sitting there(okay yes they do but that's not the poit I like bikes lol)

So I have to have a garage in town, which suits me :-)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS

bad-yeti posted:

Okay I posted this in GBS, my gods why but:

Here's my 848:

Click here for the full 604x453 image.

You forgot your helmet