Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Dude's as tired of this time-wasting boat poo poo as the audience is, just wants to get to elfville already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
I love how Miura keeps having Isidiro complain about this having been a long time coming. Him being conscious of this stuff gives me some hope.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I too hate waiting but the astounding art makes up for it.

(Crossing my fingers for lots of berserk this year)

Aturaten
Mar 23, 2008

by elpintogrande
loving hell that took a while. Downloading now. I'm also probably going to be re-reading the entire series, because it's loving awesome.

unprofessional
Apr 26, 2007
All business.
the second page drawing of the sword is absolutely ridiculous

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Is this available anywhere for those of us that can't use bittorrent?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Lord_Pigeonbane posted:

Is this available anywhere for those of us that can't use bittorrent?

Here you go.

http://view.thespectrum.net/series/berserk-chapter-310.html

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Berserk is licensed in the US. That link has the entire series on it. We get away with the current scanlations since it's not going to be in the US for some time but I doubt that link should be posted here.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

YouTuber posted:

Berserk is licensed in the US. That link has the entire series on it. We get away with the current scanlations since it's not going to be in the US for some time but I doubt that link should be posted here.

What? Don't tease. Questionable or not, it only goes back to 277.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Andrigaar posted:

What? Don't tease. Questionable or not, it only goes back to 277.

It has the entire series on there. Click the dropdown menu in the viewer.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

YouTuber posted:

It has the entire series on there. Click the dropdown menu in the viewer.

Ah, I see now. Some dork alphabetized it and left 1-31 as "volume". Well, don't worry too much, it'll be C&D'd rather quickly I imagine.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I will never get tired of background crowds being amazed by Guts. Bonus points if they are brutally killed shortly after.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

YouTuber posted:

I can see your point, but for series like One Piece, Naruto and Bleach, people post links to One Manga all the time, and they host the complete series too. Is this really any different?

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dorito Jesus posted:

I can see your point, but for series like One Piece, Naruto and Bleach, people post links to One Manga all the time, and they host the complete series too. Is this really any different?

Well for one they're all terrible comics so who cares if anyone reads them at all.

:iceburn:

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Am I the only person who noticed elf ears on Guts?

Tapela
Dec 7, 2006

bhsman posted:

Am I the only person who noticed elf ears on Guts?

No but that is nothing out of the ordinary he's always had somewhat pointy ears. What is kind of out of character or new to him is apologizing for almost killing someone as he's always been pretty narcissistic and morally nihilistic. He had murdered children without care. I guess those kids are making him soft.

Tapela fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jan 23, 2010

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tapela posted:

No but that is nothing out of the ordinary he's always had somewhat pointy ears. What is kind of out of character or new to him is apologizing for almost killing someone as he's always been pretty narcissistic and morally nihilistic. He had murdered children without care. I guess those kids are making him soft.

Guts has been pretty melancholy for some time now. If Caska does return to sanity she probably will be quite surprised at how the fire in Guts has been thoroughly stamped out. If he had gotten that armor earlier in the story he'd look like The Skull Knight's twin.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

YouTuber posted:

Guts has been pretty melancholy for some time now. If Caska does return to sanity she probably will be quite surprised at how the fire in Guts has been thoroughly stamped out. If he had gotten that armor earlier in the story he'd look like The Skull Knight's twin.

Boy needs to get laid, but the girl of his dreams (she's also a sociopath) is mentally about 2 thanks to horrific rape and murder. Yay.

Only thing I can recall that ties up with the weird Elf Island parade of rape.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tapela posted:

I think it's fairly in-character. He seemed very stoic about his apologies.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I read Berserk to see a dude gently caress poo poo up with a giant sword. This latest chapter has left me fulfilled.

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Elentor posted:

I think it's fairly in-character. He seemed very stoic about his apologies.

As far as I can tell, Gats has kind of given up on the things that made him rage. There are really two aspects to him post everything loving up, the destruction side that is only there to kill Griffith and the creation side that wants to heal his chick (a basic Thanatos/Eros deal). I wouldn't be surprised to see him swing around again, but right now he is definitely in a relaxed non-killing everyone he sees mood.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

NovemberMike posted:

As far as I can tell, Gats has kind of given up on the things that made him rage. There are really two aspects to him post everything loving up, the destruction side that is only there to kill Griffith and the creation side that wants to heal his chick (a basic Thanatos/Eros deal). I wouldn't be surprised to see him swing around again, but right now he is definitely in a relaxed non-killing everyone he sees mood.

Does he still threaten to kill people for patting him on the back in a non-suggestive manner? I think that sort of faded away when he realized how awesome naked chicks are.

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
About the raging over being touched, just keep in mind Gambino sold his rear end to a giant black man when he was a boy. That sort of thing might make anyone rage over being touched.

Captain Controversy
Jan 25, 2007
eXCeSS bought me this account because I am a whiny BITCH!
Gotta love the Japanese portrayal of black dudes.

I'm very pleased with how Guts has evolved. I think this actually kind of reflects on Miura as a writer. At first, Guts was a DARK LONER WITH A MYSTEROUS PAST DON'T TOUCH ME BRO I GOT A BIGASS SWORD poo poo, and I think that totally fits as hikkikimori (sp?) wish fulfillment. As Miura's gotten older, more successful, hopefully wiser, I think he's realized that "hey, I'm just writing a violent rear end fantasy comic." Let's put some levity in here.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Captain Controversy posted:

I'm very pleased with how Guts has evolved. I think this actually kind of reflects on Miura as a writer. At first, Guts was a DARK LONER WITH A MYSTEROUS PAST DON'T TOUCH ME BRO I GOT A BIGASS SWORD poo poo, and I think that totally fits as hikkikimori (sp?) wish fulfillment. As Miura's gotten older, more successful, hopefully wiser, I think he's realized that "hey, I'm just writing a violent rear end fantasy comic." Let's put some levity in here.

Makes one wonder if he'll do some sort of Masterworks final edition when it ends in another 20 years where he'll retcon some minor changes in to "smooth out the edges" of the story.

He could probably swing the same excuse as many young writers about being too nihilistic in his younger years.

eL_sPaNKo
Jan 3, 2010
Not only the story is great but the illustrations are amazing, berserk is my favorite manga of all time.

mune
Sep 23, 2006

Captain Controversy posted:

I don't know anything about Japanese culture, and I generally hate anime, but I saw the anime from a friend's recommendation and I was hooked, and now I'm reading my first(and likely my last) manga ever.

Honestly, I don't know about the levity. I think Puck is fine and the characters are generally pretty strong, but I enjoyed the Golden Age arc the most, because I felt it was the most character-driven. I'm nearing the end of what's been done so far and I feel like the story was at its best when it was the original Band of the Hawk or just Guts and Puck, rolling through dudes.

I didn't think a story this mature and complex would come from an anime or manga. Color me pleasantly surprised.

liquidus696
Dec 25, 2007

"DO NOT PRAY! If you pray, your hands will close together, and you won't be able to fight!"

mune posted:

I don't know anything about Japanese culture, and I generally hate anime, but I saw the anime from a friend's recommendation and I was hooked, and now I'm reading my first(and likely my last) manga ever.

Honestly, I don't know about the levity. I think Puck is fine and the characters are generally pretty strong, but I enjoyed the Golden Age arc the most, because I felt it was the most character-driven. I'm nearing the end of what's been done so far and I feel like the story was at its best when it was the original Band of the Hawk or just Guts and Puck, rolling through dudes.

I didn't think a story this mature and complex would come from an anime or manga. Color me pleasantly surprised.

Yeah Berserk is so amazing that even anti-otaku love it!

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

liquidus696 posted:

Yeah Berserk is so amazing that even anti-otaku love it!

A fate only shared by Cowboy Bebop as far as I'm aware.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Andrigaar posted:

A fate only shared by Cowboy Bebop as far as I'm aware.

Dragon Ball Z

liquidus696
Dec 25, 2007

"DO NOT PRAY! If you pray, your hands will close together, and you won't be able to fight!"

Niddhogg posted:

Dragon Ball Z

That's not even funny!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've found quite a few people enjoy Black Lagoon that don't particularly like other manga.

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

liquidus696 posted:

That's not even funny!

Pretty much every non-anime fan who was a kid when it was on Toonami watched it and had fond memories of it.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Niddhogg posted:

Pretty much every non-anime fan who was a kid when it was on Toonami watched it and had fond memories of it.

Most animation haters (animation in general, and then anime even moreso) I know find this to be one of the worst shows ever.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It is my hope that one day Baccano! might be considered one of those type of universal shows.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
I've got non-otaku friends who I got interested in Death Note. And pretty much anything written by Naoki Urasawa is pretty popular too.

Oh, and, um, Berserk is good too, thoroughly approve of the direction of late, i.e. not being about Griffeth.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe

resurgam40 posted:

Oh, and, um, Berserk is good too, thoroughly approve of the direction of late, i.e. not being about Griffeth.

I completely agree, Griffeth is cool but I just have no love for him since he turned into Femto.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
there's a new chapter raw out

The ghost ship has to go back beneath the waves once the sun comes out
Guts' ward over his brand is acting up since the merger of the two realms
The ship is banged up so they dock on a weird island for repairs
Isidro looks down some weirdo chick's shirt

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
An island? Docking at an island before the eponymous Elf Island?!

No.
Not allowed; how will we ever finish this manga Miura?

Here's hoping the island is the back of a giant dinosaur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Hello One Piece.

I wish we had a map, because Midland is ridiculously big and I can't imagine if the ocean is that big or bigger.