Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

"[working title posted:

"]
Nice bieks, what the hell do you do for a living and where do you keep all those bikes on an estate?

News Flash: People make and/or have more money than you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chill_Bebop posted:

You forgot your helmet

This plus the white leathers is what you should wear while riding an electric bike.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

This plus the white leathers is what you should wear while riding an electric bike.
Close, but not quite:

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS

Endless Mike posted:

Close, but not quite:

Seems like a scout trooper helmet would catch a ton of wind.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Also completely kills your peripheral vision.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
[img]http://img.waffleimages.com/e0da5a2fa31932a503de68e086562b8f4ab22fa4/2010-01-23_15.14.02[1].jpg[/img]

New to the stable, 1100 mile KTM 690SMC. It's actually slower than a stocker, I guess the Leo Vince pipe with no piggyback ecu doesn't work too well.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Congrats! You should post the other picture, the one with the 2 on the loading dock. That one is way more poser awesome.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 24, 2010

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Just bought a 4000 mileage CBR1000RR 2008 from a friend for a decent discount, completely untouched except for D&D Exhaust, integrated turn signals, and a completely gutted fender.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Old bike on left (SV1000K3 2005) and new bike on ride (CBR1000RR 2008)

Hmmm what does this button do? I was too scared to go outside in rain for my first real ride, so I sat on it and learned the ergo.

So giddy to try it!

My butt.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
way sick how good does it wheelie bro

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Pretty sure those awful blue HIDs aren't stock dude

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Dubs posted:

I'm not gonna find out till I take it to the track late February.

redscare posted:

Pretty sure those awful blue HIDs aren't stock dude

Oh yea, I'm so used to them on every single sport bike and luxury car in San Francisco, I feel as though they are stock.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity > Cycle Asylum > The death pool 2010 thread

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
Congrats on the 690 Zool. I'm thinking that's going to be my next motard, when I sell the DRZ.

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

Chill_Bebop posted:

Seems like a scout trooper helmet would catch a ton of wind.

Hehe yeah I get stick about it all the time, but hey, i'm happy with the look.

Must buy a Stormtrooper helmet and take it with me for all those wonderful double take moments.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

VTNewb posted:

New sportster design. Same old bike, but keeps looking better.

I actually sat on an XR1200 when I was at the HD dealer yesterday, and was really surprised. It felt like it would be a ton of fun and a great bike to ride, gave the feeling of being really light and nimble (Although as I check their site, holy gently caress 562lbs dry)

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back

Dubs posted:

It wheelies okay, but it jumps real nice :haw:. Oh you mean JtS... That thing is going to be a handfull. Don't kill yourself Jack.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Tsaven Nava posted:

I actually sat on an XR1200 when I was at the HD dealer yesterday, and was really surprised. It felt like it would be a ton of fun and a great bike to ride, gave the feeling of being really light and nimble (Although as I check their site, holy gently caress 562lbs dry)

I rode one about a year ago and it didn't feel nearly that heavy, actually I found it pretty fun although I hate how Harley does turn signals.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Tsaven Nava posted:

If they were like $2k cheaper, I'd actually be looking really closely at one.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That extra two grand goes toward supporting America, son. You just keep that in mind next time you go a'shoppin' for motorcycles.

edit: actually, riding a sporty around with an akrapovic exhaust system and upgraded suspension would be pretty rad, like the anti-thesis to bikers.

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 25, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Slim Pickens posted:

That extra two grand goes toward supporting America, son. You just keep that in mind next time you go a'shoppin' for motorcycles.

edit: actually, riding a sporty around with an akrapovic exhaust system and upgraded suspension would be pretty rad, like the anti-thesis to bikers.

They do some sick XR1200 spec racing. Of course, the bikes have new wheels, new shocks, new forks, and are stripped, exhausts, etc.

So it's like a 12000$ motorcycle. And it's not really an XR1200 at all. But...it's still pretty cool.

Now if harley had released that XR as the street model...then we would have actually had something worth riding. :sigh:

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible
Oh man, I thought my KLR was fun, but then a friend switched me bikes on a dirt ride and a week later I found myself dragging one home! Of course the one I found was like the souped up Baja race bike version of his bike, maybe it's biting off more than I can chew...but I got a slammin' deal!

Here's all the specs so you can nerd out and drool!

- Racetech gold valves - forks.
- Racetech front springs - .46mm/kg (180lbs)
- Ohlins rear shock - fully adjustable
- 2 ohlins rear springs (installed on for 180lbs & one for 215lbs)

- 4.2 Gallon Acerbis tank
- Corbin seat
- Kytech aluminum rear rack
- Electric start
- Suzuki kick start kit installed

- Twin Air air filter
- manual cam chain adjuster
- JD Jet kit
- remove coast enrichner
- AP mods
- extended adjustable fuel screw
- White brothers exhaust
- protective case covers

- Fat Bars
- handlebar risers - up 1", forward 1"
- cycra handguard
- Scotts steering stabilizer post and mount

- Pirelli XCMH front
- Bridgestone Griddy ED
- Bridgestone ultra heavy duty tubes

- Street Legal title
- Brake light via banjo pressure switch

Bike is actually a Kawasaki klx400r - identical to the drz400e

We are going to have fun times together. :D

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
Well, how much was it?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

drat, with the fuel tank and the suspension that is pretty trick already. Looks like a great purchase unless it cost ... ? :haw:

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Sounds great to me!

SeamusMcPhisticuffs
Aug 2, 2006

republicans.bmp
fuuuuuuuuuuuck. I am so jealous, that thing looks like a blast.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Becktastic posted:

*kickass bike*
We are going to have fun times together. :D

That is a loving :swoon: setup for 2600$. Dual start, ohlins, desert tank, scotts, and a loving street plate. Goddamn.

Buy supermoto rims for it and discover the joys of loving with sportbikers on tight roads. :haw:

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Becktastic posted:

Oh man, I thought my KLR was fun, but then a friend switched me bikes on a dirt ride and a week later I found myself dragging one home! Of course the one I found was like the souped up Baja race bike version of his bike, maybe it's biting off more than I can chew...but I got a slammin' deal!

I am going to steal your bike.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Endless Mike posted:

If they were like $2k cheaper, I'd actually be looking really closely at one.

You know what, given what dire straights H-D is in right now financially, and how much their dealers are hurting (sales are down 85% from last year, I wouldn't be surprised if you could get them to knock at least that much or more off the price.

The real issue is if you'll be able to afford the Genuine Harley-Davidson™ Brand Parts & Accessories.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Becktastic posted:

Tricked-out Kawasaki klx400r

I hate you so very, very much. And by hate, I mean am envious of your bike. That thing has almost every real farkle someone could want.

You going to get a bash plate/crash bars for it?

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

Tsaven Nava posted:

I hate you so very, very much. And by hate, I mean am envious of your bike. That thing has almost every real farkle someone could want.

You going to get a bash plate/crash bars for it?

Yeah and a better headlight...I like doing stuff to my bikes, but this ones pretty much done up, so it's all I can think of to improve right now.

The guy selling it was super nice and threw in all sorts of extra stuff for it that I can ebay away. Two sets of plastics too, so I can keep one nice for if/when I sell it and the other set I can scratch the crap out of paint up fun. I'm going to paint it black and white striped so it will be a DR-Zebra!

I know. I'm a dork.

But it may keep dudes from stealing my bike!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Becktastic posted:

drat and I thought I got a good deal on my dirt bike. You stole that thing, very nice. Should be a lot of fun.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Becktastic posted:

I'm going to paint it black and white striped so it will be a DR-Zebra!

I wholeheartedly endorse this idea. Much better then the yellow, as well :)

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Becktastic posted:

But it may keep dudes from stealing my bike!

If you paint it zebra, I'll be that much more inclined to roll up in front of your house with an unmarked panel van :ninja:

Seriously though, that is a great deal on what's going to be a stupidly fun bike.

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

redscare posted:

Seriously though, that is a great deal on what's going to be a stupidly fun bike.

I snuck out for a little dual sport ride today and got a taste of its capability. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME! Learning to ride on the KLR was a struggle, but the advantage is that the DRZ is soooooo insanely easy to me now! I feel like I'm cheating.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
yeah i woulda said that's much more the type of bike you should have gotten rather than the klr. nice find. yes, do zebra.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I'm selling this EX500 this spring. Awesome bike so far, but I'm ready for 650 cc. I'm located in upstate NY in the case that anyone's interested in a great beginner bike.

Picked up beer and bread tonight for a Monday crunkage.

Motorcycling is a religion, I swear. Riding in New York in January?

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 26, 2010

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I inherited this '71 cb350 from a good friend. This was taken before I ever started riding it. So, I had yet to clean it up. Also, the background isn't all that flattering, but it's still a sexy little bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Tsaven Nava posted:

I would buy the poo poo out of a Stormtrooper suit that offered real riding protection.
You and me both, brotha!
This is the closest I've been able to find:

A* SM-X boots
Icon Merc Jacket
A* SP1 Gloves
Haven't found any decent pants, but now I'm looking for that (apparently out of production) white A* stuff. They do have a current production one-piece leather suit, but it's $2500.

I was looking at the Vemar CKQI helmet, but it's a little bit 'power ranger', I think. (Also, not a proper full face). This might do, however...

I sorta figure that, seeing how Bad Yeti says he gets guff about it all the time, A Stormtrooper On A Motorcycle is (at least somewhat) more visible to your average joe than Just Another Guy On A Bike, y'know?