Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003
This is the closest I can find to a Stormtrooper helmet. Simpson Diamondback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jabs posted:

You and me both, brotha!
This is the closest I've been able to find:

A* SM-X boots
Icon Merc Jacket
A* SP1 Gloves
Haven't found any decent pants, but now I'm looking for that (apparently out of production) white A* stuff. They do have a current production one-piece leather suit, but it's $2500.

Puma 1000 boots would be better.

When the calf adjuster is tightened it's almost entirely white.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
Hahaha, you guys are such nerds. Next your gonna
make your bikes look like tie fighters and your trailers star destroyers.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Jack the Smack posted:

Hahaha, you guys are such nerds. Next your gonna
make your bikes look like tie fighters and your trailers star destroyers.

A Star Destroyer-shaped trailer would be badass

Bike-turned-tie-fighter would have to be a trike to really work though and well, gently caress that.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

redscare posted:

A Star Destroyer-shaped trailer would be badass

Bike-turned-tie-fighter would have to be a trike to really work though and well, gently caress that.

Just mount tie fighter wings to the side of your helmet. Bonus points for additional impact protection, and awesome stability (while looking forward only).

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern
And you'll have X-Wing decals on your Goldwing hard bags to indicate how many "kills" you have racked up.

I saw that irl once.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
anyone else think it's weird how a tauntaun's guts look like octopus eggs?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
nevermind

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

Jabs posted:

You and me both, brotha!
This is the closest I've been able to find:

A* SM-X boots
Icon Merc Jacket
A* SP1 Gloves
Haven't found any decent pants, but now I'm looking for that (apparently out of production) white A* stuff. They do have a current production one-piece leather suit, but it's $2500.

I was looking at the Vemar CKQI helmet, but it's a little bit 'power ranger', I think. (Also, not a proper full face). This might do, however...

I sorta figure that, seeing how Bad Yeti says he gets guff about it all the time, A Stormtrooper On A Motorcycle is (at least somewhat) more visible to your average joe than Just Another Guy On A Bike, y'know?

Yeah but most of the guff I get is good guff.

I wonder how practical the visor would be? Any idea where you could get this done?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

bad-yeti posted:

Yeah but most of the guff I get is good guff.

I wonder how practical the visor would be? Any idea where you could get this done?

I think that's just one of those skins. From inside the helmet they don't obstruct the view*

*as much? Semi-transparent? Not sure...

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
You may like the style, but Snell rates those very poorly vs blasters.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

bad-yeti posted:

I am a sign maker and do vehicle graphics and wraps. Find a good vehicle graphics guy in your area. One that knows how to do both printed and hand lettering (pinstriping and air brush). Use either a spare visor or have a clear laminate applied over your existing and then have them go to town with the air brush. The visibility would be cut down on the visor if painted unless you then carefully removed the visor or laminate. Scanned it. Then had it printed out and applied as a window or tint graphic instead of the paint.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS
My 2010 Triumph Daytona 675se, which was an upgrade from my GS500. This thing is the most ridiculously fun way to get anywhere.

sectoidman
Aug 21, 2006
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.

Hibajubwa posted:

My 2010 Triumph Daytona 675se, which was an upgrade from my GS500. This thing is the most ridiculously fun way to get anywhere.

That is an amazing-looking bike.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Hibajubwa posted:

It just looks like it wants to go forward really, really fast.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
great color scheme.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Hibajubwa posted:

Really nice work on the frame and swingarm, that bike is hot!

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS
Here are some pics of it with the tail and flush mounts done. I'm still not sure about the flush mounts as they aren't very visible from the front of the bike.

Hibajubwa fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 28, 2010

cmorrow001
Feb 22, 2003
apparently I shouldn't ask about pirating Windows
Looks really nice. I think taking the orange deflector off the front fender would really clean the look up even more.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
That single exhaust under the seat looks incredible.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
That bike is a visual orgasm. I usually prefer their naked ones but that one has just enough plastics done right that I like it. God I love triumphs, too bad I'm too poor to ever own one.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Christobevii3 posted:

That bike is a visual orgasm. I usually prefer their naked ones but that one has just enough plastics done right that I like it. God I love triumphs, too bad I'm too poor to ever own one.
You're kidding right?

A) I've found a couple 675's for $5000 just with a quick look.
B) 'ever' is a drat long time.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A new 675 is about the same price as a new Jap 600, so they're not out of reach for the average person.

Oakey
Dec 29, 2000

I'm a stupid fucking cunt
I guess it's just me but I think the single undertail exhaust looks kind of silly. Other than that though that's a really nice-looking bike.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Oakey posted:

I guess it's just me but I think the single undertail exhaust looks kind of silly. Other than that though that's a really nice-looking bike.

I'm with you here. The stock 3 pipe look is much better suited to it. There are aftermarkets that keep that. I'm normally a fan of the two bros system but it makes it look like any ole CBR exhaust.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!
It kinda reminds me of a jet-engine nozzle as is.

Don't get me wrong, though, I still wish that was my bike. It IS really sweet Hibajubwa :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Spiffness posted:

I'm with you here. The stock 3 pipe look is much better suited to it. There are aftermarkets that keep that. I'm normally a fan of the two bros system but it makes it look like any ole CBR exhaust.

The stock 3 pipe look? Are you thinking of the bigger daytonas/sprints? Stock it definitely just has one pipe:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Need to check dat' azz out more to see what I'm on about.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Spiffness posted:

Need to check dat' azz out more to see what I'm on about.

I always just thought those were oversized bolts for securing the end of the can to the can itself. :haw:

Bike's still loving gorgeous, drat. Triumph's designers know what's up.

And it sounds good too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1r5hJAR-Oc

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

And it sounds good too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1r5hJAR-Oc

Is it just me or does the "no exhaust" section sound a helluva lot like a heavily ported rotary? :raise:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Boat posted:

Is it just me or does the "no exhaust" section sound a helluva lot like a heavily ported rotary? :raise:

Now that you mention it...I'd imagine that reving to 15kish has something to do with it though.

Hibajubwa
Oct 30, 2003

KILL ALL HUMANS
I like the triple-tip look too, but all of the aftermarket ones look completely ridiculous. The 2bros sounds incredible though, its really deep and throaty. It also took about 10 pounds off the tail of the bike.

Cmorrow: I don't know why but I never even noticed that front reflector, and now it's kinda bugging me. It'll be gone soon.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I love that whistle (valvetrain?) the triples have, sounds almost like a supercharger.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Ola posted:

I love that whistle (valvetrain?) the triples have, sounds almost like a supercharger.

I loved my time on a 675. The engine sounds so mechanical, like it's a living beast. It's also a absolutely fantastic bike to ride. I'd love to have one.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Hibajubwa posted:

I like the triple-tip look too, but all of the aftermarket ones look completely ridiculous. The 2bros sounds incredible though, its really deep and throaty. It also took about 10 pounds off the tail of the bike.

Cmorrow: I don't know why but I never even noticed that front reflector, and now it's kinda bugging me. It'll be gone soon.

That's the major, huge downside to undertail exhausts...putting a lot of weight in a place you really don't want it. If you can build it out of titanium and pixie dreams, it's not so bad, but for normal consumer bikes, the underslung exhausts are where it's at.

On the bright side, it means an exhaust pays more dividends than it would normally, and it looks badass...

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Boat posted:

The Triumph Triples sound very much like the 20B rotary engine IMO.

EDIT: But the no exhaust part of the clip you mention not so much - definitely sounds like a loud rotor though.

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

Jabs posted:

You're kidding right?

A) I've found a couple 675's for $5000 just with a quick look.
B) 'ever' is a drat long time.

I got my 2008 kawasaki versys with 50 miles for $4800. The problem isn't the initial cost it is there is no dealer near me and the parts seem exponentially more expensive than my versys.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Z3n posted:

That's the major, huge downside to undertail exhausts...putting a lot of weight in a place you really don't want it. If you can build it out of titanium and pixie dreams, it's not so bad, but for normal consumer bikes, the underslung exhausts are where it's at.

On the bright side, it means an exhaust pays more dividends than it would normally, and it looks badass...

It doesn't always pay :(

Putting a slip-on on my 08 600RR would save me 2.6 (stainless link pipe, Ti muffler) - 3.2 (all Ti) lbs (according to Akra; around 8 lbs for the stock muffler/mid I guess) A full system would save around 3 1/2 (SS link, collector, header, Ti muffler) to almost 7 lbs (full Ti), with the stock full system coming in at 16 1/2 lbs :(

I remember the canister alone on my 650R was 25 lbs, swapping it out for the like ~5lb arrow was awesome (and much much cheaper than anything for the CBR)

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Christobevii3 posted:

I got my 2008 kawasaki versys with 50 miles for $4800. The problem isn't the initial cost it is there is no dealer near me and the parts seem exponentially more expensive than my versys.
I see.

Well, I guess I should admit to owning a BMW, so the "OMG, parts are expensive" angle never even crossed my mind. I took that as a given. =)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006
Yeah, the other issue is the insurance. I speced some in this area and it seems to they see triumph and assume you are racing it so instant doubling of insurance rate unless you ride a bonneville (thruxton costs similar to a 600cc sport bike wtf?). The bmw f650 you can get away with on that aspect.