Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default
Isn't the FWSM really running the PIX OS? From PIX 6.3:

code:
pix(config)# no access-list ?
Usage:  [no] access-list compiled
[no] access-list deny-flow-max <n>
[no] access-list alert-interval <secs>
[no] access-list <id> compiled
[no] access-list <id> [line <line-num>] remark <text>
[no] access-list <id> [line <line-num>] deny|permit
        <protocol>|object-group <protocol_obj_grp_id>
        <sip> <smask> | interface <if_name> | object-group <network_obj_grp_id>
        [<operator> <port> [<port>] | object-group <service_obj_grp_id>]
        <dip> <dmask> | interface <if_name> | object-group <network_obj_grp_id>
        [<operator> <port> [<port>] | object-group <service_obj_grp_id>]
        [log [disable|default] | [<level>] [interval <secs>]]
[no] access-list <id> [line <line-num>] deny|permit icmp
        <sip> <smask> | interface <if_name> | object-group <network_obj_grp_id>
        <dip> <dmask> | interface <if_name> | object-group <network_obj_grp_id>
        [<icmp_type> | object-group <icmp_type_obj_grp_id>]
        [log [disable|default] | [<level>] [interval <secs>]]
Restricted ACLs for route-map use:
[no] access-list <id> deny|permit {any | <prefix> <mask> | host <address>}

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Yet another Call Manager question from me...

Ok, I have a Unified Communications Manager version 6.1.3 and we got a local PRI installed on it's voice gateway not very long ago. (Actually, its two different PRIs at two separate locations in town, but they both have the same problem). Bellsouth (ATT) is the provider and the PRI works fine for everything except changing the Calling Party's caller ID for outbound calls. That is, I want to provide our main corporate number no matter where it came from.

Bellsouth made us go through a bunch of legal paper signing before they would remove the screening tables, but it finally got done. But I still can't seem to change the out going caller ID. Not even to numbers that are actually assigned to the PRI.

I CAN change it on some long distance PRIs that we got a couple months ago, but not for local. So I don't think its something that I did wrong... but I wouldn't be a very good trouble shooter if I didn't admit that I could have something hosed up.

Does anyone have any tips how to troubleshot this? Debug commands, or different settings to try? I have tried everything that I know to try (change the swith protocol in the router and the call manager, etc).

My gut is telling me that the phone company is at fault, but I know that as soon as I commit to that I will find out I had something wrong.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

Richard Noggin posted:

Isn't the FWSM really running the PIX OS? From PIX 6.3:

I believe the FWSM code I'm running,3.2(12), is analogous to ASA version 7 code. I don't have an ASA running version 7 at hand, but this is what I get on version 8:

code:

asa(config)# no access-list ?

configure mode commands/options:
  WORD < 241 char  Access list identifier
  alert-interval   Specify the alert interval for generating syslog message
                   106001 which alerts that the system has reached a deny flow
                   maximum. If not specified, the default value is 300 sec
  deny-flow-max    Specify the maximum number of concurrent deny flows that can
                   be created. If not specified, the default value is 4096
asa(config)# no access-list 
No idea why the FWSM doesn't show the same no access-list options in help.

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default

inignot posted:

I believe the FWSM code I'm running,3.2(12), is analogous to ASA version 7 code. I don't have an ASA running version 7 at hand, but this is what I get on version 8:

code:

asa(config)# no access-list ?

configure mode commands/options:
  WORD < 241 char  Access list identifier
  alert-interval   Specify the alert interval for generating syslog message
                   106001 which alerts that the system has reached a deny flow
                   maximum. If not specified, the default value is 300 sec
  deny-flow-max    Specify the maximum number of concurrent deny flows that can
                   be created. If not specified, the default value is 4096
asa(config)# no access-list 
No idea why the FWSM doesn't show the same no access-list options in help.

My ASA on 7.2 shows the same as yours.

Mensur
Aug 1, 2007

EnGAYge!

Mensur fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 14, 2013

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
So I know this is the Cisco thread and all, but I'm looking for something (Cisco or otherwise) that can handle ~1500 dual homed servers with layer 2 adjacency with low latency multicast being the most important aspect.

The guy I'm working with came up with a non-elegant monstrosity of daisy chained 4200 juniper switches, but surely there is something better than that? Any ideas? Vendor/Price isn't particularly important, as long as they can keep up.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Powercrazy posted:

So I know this is the Cisco thread and all, but I'm looking for something (Cisco or otherwise) that can handle ~1500 dual homed servers with layer 2 adjacency with low latency multicast being the most important aspect.

The guy I'm working with came up with a non-elegant monstrosity of daisy chained 4200 juniper switches, but surely there is something better than that? Any ideas? Vendor/Price isn't particularly important, as long as they can keep up.

Force 10 (http://www.force10networks.com/products/ethernetsr.asp) is supposed to be quite good in the low latency department. I've never used them though. Edit: or why not just 6500s loaded with WS-X6748-GE-TX?

falz fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jan 26, 2010

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

falz posted:

Edit: or why not just 6500s loaded with WS-X6748-GE-TX?

Blocking :(

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Powercrazy posted:

Blocking :(

N7k?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Tremblay posted:

N7k?

Yea, that is honestly looking like the answer, but I was hopeing there was something to compete with it. Oh well.

(we are mad at our Cisco Rep)

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Powercrazy posted:

Yea, that is honestly looking like the answer, but I was hopeing there was something to compete with it. Oh well.

Trading app platform?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Powercrazy posted:

Do you have a Cisco SE or do you work through a partner?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

jbusbysack posted:

Trading app platform?

Ding ding ding.

Tremblay posted:

Do you have a Cisco SE or do you work through a partner?

Both. We have an actual Cisco rep right now, but I'm using some of my contacts to hopefully get him off our account, but we have also gone through 3 partners, in addition to CDW and Ebay.

I looked at a few comprehensive tests of the Force10 stuff and frankly its pretty terrible.
http://www.eantc.com/fileadmin/eantc/downloads/test_reports/2006-2008/Cisco-Force10/EANTC-Exec-Summary-F10_Cisco.pdf

Foundry/Brocade also suffer from the common issue of just making poo poo up for their numbers/speeds/feeds. (3.2 Tbps throughput :downs: ) I can't find independent testing for Multicast/layer 2 switching that aren't just marketing BS.

Its too bad that Cisco was the defacto standard for so long, because now they are growing complacent and no one is willing/able to compete fairly with them. Bleh. This means we may be forced to go with the "proven" solution of the Nexus, even though its not really what we want and it has lots of positioning limitations on it as well as unproven/unrealized potential. The Nexus 7Ks are also like 3 times the price of the 5Ks as well, for very minimal performance difference for us, as well as no support for FECs, at least right now. But we want a solution right now, not 9months or a year from now.

Blah.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 27, 2010

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Powercrazy posted:

Ding ding ding.

Both. We have an actual Cisco rep right now, but I'm using some of my contacts to hopefully get him off our account, but we have also gone through 3 partners, in addition to CDW and Ebay.

I looked at a few comprehensive tests of the Force10 stuff and frankly its pretty terrible.
http://www.eantc.com/fileadmin/eantc/downloads/test_reports/2006-2008/Cisco-Force10/EANTC-Exec-Summary-F10_Cisco.pdf

Foundry/Brocade also suffer from the common issue of just making poo poo up for their numbers/speeds/feeds. (3.2 Tbps throughput :downs: ) I can't find independent testing for Multicast/layer 2 switching that aren't just marketing BS.

Its too bad that Cisco was the defacto standard for so long, because now they are growing complacent and no one is willing/able to compete fairly with them. Bleh. This means we may be forced to go with the "proven" solution of the Nexus, even though its not really what we want and it has lots of positioning limitations on it as well as unproven/unrealized potential. The Nexus 7Ks are also like 3 times the price of the 5Ks as well, for very minimal performance difference for us, as well as no support for FECs, at least right now. But we want a solution right now, not 9months or a year from now.

Blah.

Look at Juniper EX again, 2500/4200 (if you want MEC) at TOR, 8200 at distribution. Apparently that's what NYSE Euronext is deploying this year for their trading fabric.

-edit-
Also, ping your Cisco SE again on the Sup2T, it's a major fabric upgrade and it's going to EARL8 (same EARL that runs the N7K), so latencies may be getting better on the 6500 platform depending on what they did with the fabric.
-/edit-

ragzilla fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jan 27, 2010

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Oh the Sup2T? Is that orderable now? I haven't seen anything external about it except rumors. I'll have to ask around, it might actually meet our needs.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

Powercrazy posted:

Oh the Sup2T? Is that orderable now? I haven't seen anything external about it except rumors. I'll have to ask around, it might actually meet our needs.

No it's still rumors/pre-release, but the SEs may have more info now, since it's supposed to be a 1H10 release.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ragzilla posted:

No it's still rumors/pre-release, but the SEs may have more info now, since it's supposed to be a 1H10 release.

Ok that's what I thought, definitely a possibility though maybe combined with the 6509-VE.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
What's your taste/requirements for Infiniband? Several HFT firms we work with are fans of Voltaire.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

jbusbysack posted:

What's your taste/requirements for Infiniband? Several HFT firms we work with are fans of Voltaire.

Since I'm fairly new I don't have intimate knowledge of the datacenter tech we may or may not use, but as far as I know we don't touch infiniband, iSCSI, FCoE, etc. Only GigE. We do have a SAN setup somewhere, but I don't know where yet.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Powercrazy posted:

Since I'm fairly new I don't have intimate knowledge of the datacenter tech we may or may not use, but as far as I know we don't touch infiniband, iSCSI, FCoE, etc. Only GigE. We do have a SAN setup somewhere, but I don't know where yet.

You're muddling up technologies, you can use InfiniBand as a faster Ethernet or simply a very fast fabric. One use is for storage. Voltaire is currently pushing their systems in finance for messaging, i.e. use TIBCO or LBM on top with Ethernet shims or native IB verbs.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

I have no expertise with Force10 gear, I just know that we have a customer that ditched some other switches (3750s? I don't remember) for some Force 10 gear. Customer claims that the F10's helped tremendously with latency issues in their database infrastructure which consists of a few racks of servers and SSD disk arrays/trays.

Having said that, those [hilarious] results were commissioned by Cisco and clearly it's worded as such. Hell there's a link to a video in it that allegedly shows the Force 10 gear overheating (I say allegedly because it doesn't play on my non-windows laptop). I'm not at all surprised that Cisco "won" that battle.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

MrMoo posted:

You're muddling up technologies, you can use InfiniBand as a faster Ethernet or simply a very fast fabric. One use is for storage. Voltaire is currently pushing their systems in finance for messaging, i.e. use TIBCO or LBM on top with Ethernet shims or native IB verbs.

Dead on. Throw in some native FIX/FAST and 29West and we have ourselves a little HFT messaging party. We've seen some DMA in action too, and it's pretty interesting stuff.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

ragzilla posted:

Look at Juniper EX again, 2500/4200 (if you want MEC) at TOR, 8200 at distribution. Apparently that's what NYSE Euronext is deploying this year for their trading fabric.

-edit-
Also, ping your Cisco SE again on the Sup2T, it's a major fabric upgrade and it's going to EARL8 (same EARL that runs the N7K), so latencies may be getting better on the 6500 platform depending on what they did with the fabric.
-/edit-

Sidenote, NYSE did make a huge stink about how they selected Juniper for their core platform in their new ridiculous datacenter in Mahwah, NJ. I have not seen many conversions away from the tried and true 6500-series implements for most firms though.

Ultimately it's the great network-guy answer though: 'it depends what you want to do'.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

For reference, some overly conservative latency figures on different fabrics by Apache Qpid:

• 1G TCP ~ .3ms -.5ms
  • 10G TCP - .18ms - .22ms
  • RDMA transport - 40μs - 80μs

ZeroMQ reached 13.4μs on IB, STAC Research report 10G at 38μs (19μs one-way) for LBM on Cisco 4900Ms using OpenOnload, I can manage 300μs on 1G UDP multicast at 32kpps.

MrMoo fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 28, 2010

chutwig
May 28, 2001

BURLAP SATCHEL OF CRACKERJACKS

Anyone have experience dealing with SNMP agent weirdness, specifically relating to the CISCO-POP-MGMT MIB? I work in a Very Large Organization, dealing with network management and monitoring stuff, and we have several 2821s and a 3845 dedicated to handling VoIP junk. The 3845 (IOS version 12.4(20)T) was recently upgraded to add 2 more T1s, bringing it to a total of 4. Much to my irritation, the router is refusing to index the new T1s in the aforementioned MIB, so I cannot poll them individually for how many DS0s are in use on each circuit at any given time.

What I am able to see is that the router is aware of and is correctly routing calls through the new circuits, since the ifDescr table shows all 4 T1s as being present, and the cpmActiveDS0s variable is usually sitting at around 70-80 during the day, with a high water mark of 92, which is what I'd expect to see in a fully utilized voice gateway. However, the NOC is interested in monitoring the number of active DS0s on a per-T1 basis as well via the cpmDS1ActiveDS0s table, which is indexed for each T1. cpmDS1ActiveDS0s.0.0 and cpmDS1ActiveDS0s.0.1 represent the old T1s and are both correct, and I would expect to see cpmDS1ActiveDS0s.1.0 and cpmDS1ActiveDS0s.1.1 for the new T1s (being that they are 0/1/0 and 0/1/1), but these indexes don't actually exist. There are no entries for either new T1 anywhere in the tree; as far as this particular MIB is concerned, the new T1s don't exist.

The router has been rebooted multiple times since the installation with no change. Unfortunately, since it is a Very Large Organization and there are lots of people and lots of heavily segregated access controls, I don't have access to look at the router's configuration myself to see if something unusual stands out. I know SNMP-specific questions are probably not the purview of this thread, and this thread mainly seems to be about rolling your own Cisco lab for CCNA-type stuff, but maybe somebody in here has happened to encounter this weirdness in the past?

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Powercrazy posted:

Ding ding ding.

Blah.

Upgradable fabric and rather insane port density are what the 7k is all about. 5ks don't scale like a 7k can (obviously). Also not sure about the in-service upgrade/non stop switching/routing on the 7k/5k (not sure 5k does that).

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default
Is there any way to change the command prompt in IOS? RANCID doesn't like prompts that end with # instead of >

e.g.

switch# == bad
switch> == good

I've tried prompt, but it's not valid for 12.2(53)SE.

Richard Noggin fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jan 28, 2010

ior
Nov 21, 2003

What's a fuckass?

Richard Noggin posted:

Is there any way to change the command prompt in IOS? RANCID doesn't like prompts that end with # instead of >

e.g.

switch# == bad
switch> == good

I hope you are aware that the # means you are in privileged mode and the > means you are not. Kinda doubt you can change it.

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default

ior posted:

I hope you are aware that the # means you are in privileged mode and the > means you are not. Kinda doubt you can change it.

Yup, I'm aware. Let me rephrase the question: does anyone experienced with RANCID know how to make the parser correctly interpret the 3560's priv mode prompt of # correctly? From the RANCID FAQ:

Q. I have a Cisco Catalyst switch. clogin connects, but after receiving the
prompt, it stalls until it times out. Why?
A. This may be due to your prompt. CatOS does not include an implicit '>' in
it's prompt, like IOS does. clogin looks for '>' during login, so specify
your prompt with a trailing '>'. Also see cat5rancid(1). For example:
cat5k>
cat5k> enable
Password:
cat5k> (enable)

Not very helpful, as obviously I have IOS that's spitting out #.

ior
Nov 21, 2003

What's a fuckass?

Richard Noggin posted:

Yup, I'm aware. Let me rephrase the question: does anyone experienced with RANCID know how to make the parser correctly interpret the 3560's priv mode prompt of # correctly? From the RANCID FAQ:

Q. I have a Cisco Catalyst switch. clogin connects, but after receiving the
prompt, it stalls until it times out. Why?
A. This may be due to your prompt. CatOS does not include an implicit '>' in
it's prompt, like IOS does. clogin looks for '>' during login, so specify
your prompt with a trailing '>'. Also see cat5rancid(1). For example:
cat5k>
cat5k> enable
Password:
cat5k> (enable)

Not very helpful, as obviously I have IOS that's spitting out #.

Give your rancid user a privilege of 1 instead of 15 (in ios) and it will be placed in unprivileged mode at login hence giving you a > prompt.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

Richard Noggin posted:

e.g.

switch# == bad
switch> == good

Is this using RADIUS, or IOS users for auto-enable? If so, you'll need to tell RANCID that it's being autoenabled using something similar to:

code:
add user * rancid
add password * [redacted]
add autoenable * 1
add method * ssh telnet
In your .cloginrc for the rancid user.

Weissbier
Apr 8, 2007
good for the soul
Anyone know a thing about multicasting?

Our core 6509 has the following global config:
code:
ip multicast-routing
ip pim rp-address 10.100.250.2
And the VLANS that we want to multicast across have this in their config:
code:
ip pim sparse-dense-mode
Multicasting works from one distribution point to a client on the same VLAN, however, it will not cross layer 3. Anyone?

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
Do you guys have acls allowing it to pass?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Do you have ip multicast routing setup on both distribution switches, check your ACLs everywhere as often times people will filter the common multicast addresses.
Check your IGMP joins to see if the distribution switch is trying to join the core router, it might not know about the RP.

Also read this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk828/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094b55.shtml

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Weissbier posted:

Anyone know a thing about multicasting?

Our core 6509 has the following global config:
code:
ip multicast-routing
And the VLANS that we want to multicast across have this in their config:
code:
ip pim sparse-dense-mode
Multicasting works from one distribution point to a client on the same VLAN, however, it will not cross layer 3. Anyone?

Well with what I have at the moment this is what I can add to what has been said:

ip multicast-routing (this is the command to enable mrouting globally, sounds good)

ip pim rp-address 10.100.250.2 (this is the hard coded rendezvous point of 10.100.250.2) This means that the local router thinks 10.100.250.2 is the root of the multicast tree.

ip pim sparse-dense-mode
This just states that the internal router will build both types of multicast trees, Sparse and Dense.

Dense mode, assumes that a multicast group's recipients are located on every subnet.
Sparse mode, the multicast tree is not extended to a router unless a host there already has joined the group.

Here's the show commands, what are they giving?

show ip mroute
sh ip pim interface (should help see what routing interfaces are seeing what)
sh ip pim neighbor
show ip pim rp

e: You should also make sure IGMP is enabled on all layer 3 interfaces in between point a and b. Should be version 2. Not sure if when you turn on pim this is taken care of.
show ip igmp interface
show ip igmp groups
code:
show ip igmp groups
IGMP Connected Group Membership
Group Address    Interface            Uptime    Expires   Last Reporter
239.255.255.250  Ethernet0            00:33:05  00:02:59  192.168.0.102
235.80.68.83     Ethernet0            00:33:08  00:02:44  192.168.0.1
224.0.1.40       Ethernet0            00:33:14  never     172.16.24.1
You should show PC's registering with the router in their multicast group (e.g. 224.0.0.1), and also all involved router interfaces showing up in PIM.

show ip igmp snooping <vlan>

show multicast router igmp
show multicast group igmp

Hope this helps, I have to get better with multicasting as well.

Herv fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 29, 2010

Weissbier
Apr 8, 2007
good for the soul
sh ip mroute:
code:
6509#sh ip mroute
IP Multicast Routing Table
Flags: D - Dense, S - Sparse, B - Bidir Group, s - SSM Group, C - Connected,
       L - Local, P - Pruned, R - RP-bit set, F - Register flag,
       T - SPT-bit set, J - Join SPT, M - MSDP created entry,
       X - Proxy Join Timer Running, A - Candidate for MSDP Advertisement,
       U - URD, I - Received Source Specific Host Report,
       Z - Multicast Tunnel, z - MDT-data group sender,
       Y - Joined MDT-data group, y - Sending to MDT-data group
       V - RD & Vector, v - Vector
Outgoing interface flags: H - Hardware switched, A - Assert winner
 Timers: Uptime/Expires
 Interface state: Interface, Next-Hop or VCD, State/Mode

(*, 239.192.152.143), 2w0d/00:02:04, RP 10.100.250.2, flags: SP
  Incoming interface: Null, RPF nbr 0.0.0.0
  Outgoing interface list: Null

(*, 239.255.255.254), 7w0d/00:05:58, RP 10.100.250.2, flags: SP

(*, 239.255.255.250), 7w0d/00:02:56, RP 10.100.250.2, flags: SP

(*, 239.255.130.109), 3w1d/00:02:15, RP 10.100.250.2, flags: SP

(*, 224.0.1.24), 7w0d/00:05:51, RP 10.100.250.2, flags: SP

(*, 224.0.1.40), 7w0d/00:02:54, RP 10.100.250.2, flags: SPL
sh ip pim interface
code:
6509#sh ip pim interface

Address          Interface                Ver/   Nbr    Query  DR     DR
                                          Mode   Count  Intvl  Prior
10.100.2.2       Vlan2                    v2/SD  1      30     1      10.100.2.3
10.100.17.2      Vlan17                   v2/SD  1      30     1      10.100.17.3
10.100.15.2      Vlan15                   v2/SD  1      30     1      10.100.15.3
10.100.100.2     Vlan100                  v2/SD  1      30     1      10.100.100.3

sh ip pim neighbor
code:
6509#sh ip pim neighbor
PIM Neighbor Table
Mode: B - Bidir Capable, DR - Designated Router, N - Default DR Priority,
      P - Proxy Capable, S - State Refresh Capable
Neighbor          Interface                Uptime/Expires    Ver   DR
Address                                                            Prio/Mode
10.100.2.3        Vlan2                    17w1d/00:01:21    v2    1 / DR S P
10.100.17.3       Vlan17                   17w1d/00:01:30    v2    1 / DR S P
10.100.15.3       Vlan15                   17w1d/00:01:15    v2    1 / DR S P
10.100.100.3      Vlan100                  13w3d/00:01:27    v2    1 / DR S P
sh ip pim rp
code:
6509#sh ip pim rp
Group: 239.192.152.143, RP: 10.100.250.2, next RP-reachable in 00:00:34
Group: 239.255.255.254, RP: 10.100.250.2, next RP-reachable in 00:00:31
Group: 239.255.255.250, RP: 10.100.250.2, next RP-reachable in 00:00:50
Group: 239.255.130.109, RP: 10.100.250.2, next RP-reachable in 00:00:39
Group: 224.0.1.24, RP: 10.100.250.2, next RP-reachable in 00:00:13
Group: 224.0.1.40, RP: 10.100.250.2, next RP-reachable in 00:00:18
And from the previous posts, I don't see any ACL applied on the VLAN ints.

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Ok cool, for the last one (show ip pim rp) it looks like it wants to dump traffic to the 10.100.250.2 for all those multicast groups listed. Is that another router that the pc's are behind or what? Strange it's not showing up as a neighbor.

theres a

sh ip pim rp mappings

that will show you where it thinks groups should go as well.

Herv fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 29, 2010

Weissbier
Apr 8, 2007
good for the soul
10.100.250.2 is the ip of the 6509 itself - should that be 224.1.1.1?

code:
6509#sh ip pim rp ?
  Hostname or A.B.C.D  IP name or group address
  mapping              Show group-to-RP mappings
  metric               Show RP RPF metric
  |                    Output modifiers
  <cr>

65091#sh ip pim rp mapping
PIM Group-to-RP Mappings

Group(s): 224.0.0.0/4, Static
    RP: 10.100.250.2 (?)

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Ok I would just yank out that line:

for now and set the rp to auto discovery with this:

ip pim send-rp-discovery (says I am an RP mapping agent)
ip pim send-rp-announce (says I can be an RP)

only if just pulling the first doesn't fix things.

Not sure if you have to have some type of RP configured or not, sorry.

e: nevermind

Herv fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 29, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weissbier
Apr 8, 2007
good for the soul

Herv posted:

Ok I would just yank out that line:

for now and set the rp to auto discovery with this:

ip pim send-rp-discovery (says I am an RP mapping agent)
ip pim send-rp-announce (says I can be an RP)

only if just pulling the first doesn't fix things.

Not sure if you have to have some type of RP configured or not, sorry.

e: nevermind

No, THANK YOU for all the help last night. Going to review this information in detail today at work.