Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Does "Summerboy" remind anyone else of Gwen Stefani?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

It does to me a bit, which may be part of the reason it's one of my favorites from The Fame.

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008
^^Yeah, it has a certain Gwen vibe. Today I was thinking about this song and Eh Eh... and I would've prefered the former as a single. I think the latter is one of the weakest tracks on The Fame.

I'm just going to say that I'm so jelous of all of you who've gone or are going to a GaGa concert :saddowns: Beyoncé is coming here next Valentine's Day, so I hope GaGa will follow her steps and tour South America in the future.

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004

Desert Bus posted:

It sounds like a mix of Gwen Stefani and Debbie Harry to me.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Ma_NiC posted:

It sounds like a mix of Gwen Stefani and Debbie Harry to me.

Yes, it definitely reminds me of Blondie's "Heart of Glass," perhaps as Gwen might cover it.

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift
This has probably been done to death in the thread already, I dunno, but I only just got hold of a copy of Fame Monster. What the hell's the deal with the censorship?! *sigh* I might return it and wait for an uncensored version to come out. It's the stupidest kind of censorship too, you can say whatever you like, be as suggestive as you like but say "bitch" and it's all over.

AstroLabia
Dec 6, 2008
I feel like my gaga-fan stripes cannot be earned until I at least own her album for chrissakes, but I just can't bring myself to buy anything censored.

At least I snagged some tickets to the Mohegan Sun concert (would be fun to meet up with any gagagoons there when it gets rescheduled).

Also... dunno why, but hearing Leann Rimes belting out karaoke Poker Face is pretty fun/amusing.

http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=f4466656-8574-4b2e-97eb-72494e672c29

Atargatis
Mar 23, 2007

run, run
her kiss is a vampire grin

Hakarne posted:

Thank you, you rock! I just went and booked two tickets directly from the arena for the standing area. Now I don't have to worry about an internet scalper falling through on me, wooohoo! :dance:

Yay! I feel helpful! :D

So, I have a confession, Gaga thread... I've never actually been to a concert before :shobon: This seems like a perfect first though, for some reason.

lljunglefever
Apr 10, 2006

PSP ROX AND DS SUX AND IF YOU DISAGREE YOU'RE A "RAGING HOMOPHOBIC DS FANBOY"
I went to the Detroit show and was in nosebleed seats - the box office came up to me and my friends and upgraded us to front row in the 100 section for FREE. I love this bitch.

Mattism
May 22, 2007

Probably old news, but I noticed an explicit copy of The Fame Monster on iTunes. I'm pumped to hear the one f-bomb on Monster.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Mattism posted:

Probably old news, but I noticed an explicit copy of The Fame Monster on iTunes. I'm pumped to hear the one f-bomb on Monster.

welp, time to re-buy the album if this is true.

e: It is, but they don't have the deluxe version. Where there any tracks of The Fame that were edited on the deluxe version of Fame Monster? I need to make sure I re-buy all the edited songs :ohdear:

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 28, 2010

Mattism
May 22, 2007

Crowbear posted:

welp, time to re-buy the album if this is true.

e: It is, but they don't have the deluxe version. Where there any tracks of The Fame that were edited on the deluxe version of Fame Monster? I need to make sure I re-buy all the edited songs :ohdear:
Off the top of my head I can't think of a song from The Fame that needs censoring. That said, I haven't listened to it that much.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Mattism posted:

Off the top of my head I can't think of a song from The Fame that needs censoring. That said, I haven't listened to it that much.

I know Paparazzi had an uncensored "poo poo" and I know there was more profanity but I can't think of any on the top of my head.

edit: Beautiful, Dirty, Rich also had a "poo poo" in it too.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Cool, looks like I'll just re-buy both albums. I don't mind, I love supporting Gaga :3:

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Crowbear posted:

Cool, looks like I'll just re-buy both albums. I don't mind, I love supporting Gaga :3:

Buy the UK version because it has two songs not on the US version!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Happy Lady Gaga day, as per the unofficial Facebook event.

Finally bit the bullet and purchased Monster censored. Boooooooo.

It's still fantastic.

Atargatis
Mar 23, 2007

run, run
her kiss is a vampire grin
I was listening to Bad Romance last night, and my husband did the monster claws at me. :3:

He's already nearly a fan, seeing as he's happy to go with me to see her in March. It is almost complete...

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

I just realized all you UK goons going to see her are getting an entirely new show from what we got in the US and we won't get it until new second US leg. Hopefully they leave in the moments that made it awesome for me, or they just make it better.

Porcupine Hunted
Sep 7, 2008

Noone saw this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd4x-_iL85s

Very Warhol-ish...

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008
What about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZTCCHW699M
Lady GaGa - Teeth

It's... uhm, interesting. I'd pictured something similar in my mind for this video, but with more GaGa and less hunky stripping males (okay, maybe a bit of hunky stripping males :colbert:).
She hasn't said a word about it yet, so I don't think she's aware of it.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy
Is this an official video? Cos if so it's kind of a letdown considering the potential that a song like Teeth had for the video treatment.

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

Programmable Soda posted:

What about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZTCCHW699M
Lady GaGa - Teeth

It's... uhm, interesting. I'd pictured something similar in my mind for this video, but with more GaGa and less hunky stripping males (okay, maybe a bit of hunky stripping males :colbert:).
She hasn't said a word about it yet, so I don't think she's aware of it.

Oh my. That's really...uh... :swoon:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
A little surprised that I'm the first to post this satire/remake video. Indie band tries to remake Bad Romance for as little money as possible. The results are either hilarious or stupid depending on where you fall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mOQDccLNRI

I'm not sure which part I liked better, the .5 second cameo of an NES (the original has a brief cameo of a Wii remote) or the cheap-rear end version of the gyroscope costume.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Surfer Rosa Parks posted:

Is this an official video? Cos if so it's kind of a letdown considering the potential that a song like Teeth had for the video treatment.

It's not the official video.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
And now it's gone!

Dan Hollis
Jun 16, 2006

Surprise!!!
Reading only the first page and then the last page of this thread reveals some sort of social phenomenon where pop culture mimics the effects of parasites on an ant colony. It is actually quite fascinating.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

According to Gaga Dailys Twitter, the surprise duet is Speechless with Elton John

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

So what does everyone think about the Grammy Awards? Everyone's favorite pop star is nominated for no less than 5 awards. Including: record of the year, album of the year, song of the year, best dance recording, and best electronic/dance album. I have a feeling she's going to win most of those except maybe best dance recording. There's a few other really popular songs in that category :ohdear:
Anyway, it should be a pretty exciting show.

Fake edit:

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

According to Gaga Dailys Twitter, the surprise duet is Speechless with Elton John

Holy poo poo really?

Humanist Manifesto
Feb 18, 2009

Death To No One.
Peace Be Unto All.

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

That's going to sound loving amazing and all yall know it (or whoever looks at the spoiler that is). That person matches the song perfectly. CAN'T WAIT!

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Action Man posted:

So what does everyone think about the Grammy Awards? Everyone's favorite pop star is nominated for no less than 5 awards. Including: record of the year, album of the year, song of the year, best dance recording, and best electronic/dance album. I have a feeling she's going to win most of those except maybe best dance recording. There's a few other really popular songs in that category :ohdear:
Anyway, it should be a pretty exciting show.

Fake edit:

Holy poo poo really?

Nothing is guaranteed when it comes to the Grammy Awards. I haven't put much stock in the winners they've picked for years, since they've been making some really dumb choices for a while now, but I always tune it to see the performances :3:

e: also if that spoiler is real Jesus that would be perfect.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

JESUS CHRIST THAT WAS AMAZING

CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001
That was one helluva performance with Sir Elton.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
That was a duet that was suppose to happen and it did and the world is better for it.

Now get together and write some songs.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Is the duet online anywhere? I missed it.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Zophar posted:

Is the duet online anywhere? I missed it.

Ditto to this. I forgot the Grammys were even on tonight.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Here ya go little monsters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBuGcEFnxY8

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Holy poo poo that was such an incredible duet.

"How wonderful life is, while Gaga's in the world"

Truer words have never been spoken sir Elton :unsmith:

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 1, 2010

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Here ya go little monsters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBuGcEFnxY8

That was hosed up beyond belief, and I loved every second of it.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
Once again Beyonce's boring rear end video steals an award from Poker Face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Nova Bizzare posted:

Once again Beyonce's boring rear end video steals an award from Poker Face.

The Grammys are entirely worthless and say nothing about the past year of music except "here's some lists of people who got played on the radio alot and a list of new artists that art not at all new."

• Locked thread