Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sonny_Crockett
Jun 1, 2000
Another point about Arcanum I haven't seen come up; at various times in the game you'll earn 'fate points' that can be burned to make the next roll automatically succeed. I found these were most useful for opening otherwise impossible or difficult locks, such as the chests in shops (after dark).

Also, magic is way overpowered compared to tech, but tech can be more fun, even if you spend a lot of the game digging through other people's garbage. Throwing and Explosives are your friends; molotovs and grenades are easy to make and are probably the easiest way to get through the Black Hills or whatever with all the golems.

vvv Grenades are entirely worthwhile if you don't want your precious sword damaged in the mines. Firearms don't become particularly useful until way later in the game.

Sonny_Crockett fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Lockback posted:

On topic, anyone have any general tips for Borderlands. Didn't see it in the Wiki. Its not too hard, but a "how to get the most out of it" would be nice. Is one class more fun than any others?
I vaguely recall people mentioning that elemental enhancements to weapons/bullets do a lot more damage than a quick scan of the numbers involved seems to indicate, due to bad phrasing.

Arcanum: Almost every build needs a high dexterity, whether you're playing in real time or turn-based. Huge combat advantage, major effect on your skills.

I'll agree that thievery is good and that you need to get a certain follower from Ashbury as quickly as possible.

Otherwise: You don't really want to focus on upgrading your followers over yourself. The largest, best equipped and most combat ready band of NPCs will do less overall damage than a marginally combat-optimized PC.

A techie can use melee, firearms and thrown explosives. In grand Fallout tradition, grenades suck rear end. Melee is good for the beginning stages of the game, but once you go into a certain dwarven mine you'll start running into enemies that damage your weapon whenever you strike them, so you're better off with firearms at that point.

Pickpocket is only useful when maxed out / if you're willing to save load obsessively / if you're willing to spend the occasional fate point, but if you explore before engaging the main quest proper (the dwarven mine again) you'll find a few high level characters that have absolutely amazing weapons. A successful pickpocket there will make your life a LOT easier.
Edit - Hah, people think that mages are balanced with tech and that grenades are worthwhile.

I won't say that tech sucks, as such, but magic is easy mode. Harm + high dex (+dark magic helmet) allowed me to clean up the "tough" area of Tarant the moment I got there (level 5).

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 2, 2010

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

Sonny_Crockett posted:

Another point about Arcanum I haven't seen come up; at various times in the game you'll earn 'fate points' that can be burned to make the next roll automatically succeed. I found these were most useful for opening otherwise impossible or difficult locks, such as the chests in shops (after dark).

Fate points are better saved for the few times you need to pickpocket. Stealing from shopkeepers should be a routine thing, and I'm talking you should be stealing from the Tarant shopkeepers every time you arrive in town. Fate points are really not going to cut it here.

Sonny_Crockett posted:

Also, magic is way overpowered compared to tech, but tech can be more fun, even if you spend a lot of the game digging through other people's garbage. Throwing and Explosives are your friends; molotovs and grenades are easy to make and are probably the easiest way to get through the Black Hills or whatever with all the golems.

People who say this haven't played high-level tech characters, or at least they haven't played them properly. A high-level tech with Droch's Warbringer or the tesla gun or the blade launcher, and an automaton/arachnid, the vendigrothian war gauntlets, the goggled helmet, and machined platemail is going to be a million-times more self-sufficient than a high-level mage, regardless of what school of magic he specializes in.

I realize that there are a few spells that can break the game (mostly from the temporal and black necromantic colleges) by insta-killing most enemies. The problem with magic vs. tech is that tech is reliant on external things like ammo and found schematics, while magic is dependent on internal factors like your constitution/willpower, your fatique, etc. As a result, well-stocked tech characters can hold their own much longer and much more independently than mages, even mages with insanely high willpower/constitution/fatigue.

Sonny_Crockett posted:

Firearms don't become particularly useful until way later in the game.

Not true. Provided you invest in perception and intelligence right from the start (so that you can shoot things and make things to shoot with), Firearms is an effective combat skill. The problem most people have is hedging their bets by putting points into melee/dodge/dexterity in the early game so they can survive in combat. That leaves precious few points to invest in perception/intelligence/gunsmithy, making firearms seem comparatively worthless since your damage will be less than your melee attacks.

Xander77 posted:

I'll agree that thievery is good and that you need to get a certain follower from Ashbury as quickly as possible.

One note about this: Dog is far and away the best combat NPC in the game, but he is so good that combat can become extremely boring with him in your party. In both turn-based and real-time combat, Dog will often run up to the enemy and tear him apart before you can even get close enough to score a single hit. This can also be a problem if you're trying to level up quickly, as you lose out on a lot of experience by not being the character doing all the attacking.

Astfgl fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 2, 2010

Sonny_Crockett
Jun 1, 2000
Well, I've played the first half of the game many more times than the later half, and considering this thread is aimed at people who haven't played the game before, I stand by my advice. By the time you've got all that stuff you list, -any- build is going to be self sufficient or dead. Tech characters have a hard time surviving to the point where they can start building any of that stuff... I guess I'm just not playing right, but I never had a character who started with firearms survive long enough for it to be good. A boomerang and molotovs worked way better, then switching over to firearms once I had some skills and schematics. Yes, high level tech stuff is great, but it's very late game and getting there can be a bitch.

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

Sonny_Crockett posted:

By the time you've got all that stuff you list, -any- build is going to be self sufficient or dead.

But that's not true. If you have, say, Chukka, Sogg and Dog in your party, your main character will literally never see combat and this can skewer which skills/attributes seem worth investing in. By the time you pass the midgame and reach the endgame (basically once you leave Arcanum and head into the Void), your character runs the risk of being extremely high-level and extremely unprepared for the enemies you're going to face.

Magic-oriented characters are far less self-sufficient at higher levels simply because they can exhaust their internal reserves very easily and this makes them an easy target for enemies. When techs run out of ammo, they can switch to a weapon that uses a different kind of ammo or switch to a melee weapon. When a mage runs out of ammo, he passes out on the battlefield.

All I'm saying is that tech characters get a bad rap because they require far more micro-management to be effective. If your playing style doesn't lend itself to rummaging through trashcans and obsessively robbing every junk merchant in every town every time you visit, then you should probably play as a mage. And like I've said, I think techs/mages are fairly evenly matched in terms of damage-output at higher levels. I just think that in the long-run, techs are more viable solo characters and way more self-sufficient at higher levels.

Sonny_Crockett
Jun 1, 2000
Agreed. If you're going to be playing Arcanum, you should be playing a tech character, because there are better swords and sorcery games. And blasting monkeys with an elephant gun never gets old.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

If only there was an easy one-step process for restoring mage "ammo" that was common as dirt from mid-game onwards.

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

Your best option is to go the mage/thief route, as you can steal as many fatigue restorers as you need. And you can take the good ones, too, not just the weak ones.

That's honestly one of my biggest complaints about Arcanum (much as I love the game): I don't understand how it's supposed to be playable without stealing from shopkeepers. Once you hit a certain point, you just need to start stealing gold and items from merchants in order to break even. I guess you could waste a bunch of points on haggle, but that's pretty wretched.

Astfgl fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Feb 6, 2010

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The game is rally pretty good about balance. If you don't invest in thievery you can invest in haggle. If you don't invest in either you can invest in combat skills that allow you to ransack dungeons.

If you have a solo character you don't need that much stuff. If you have a party, thing are easier but you need to outfit them all.

ShinsoBEAM!
Nov 6, 2008

"Even if this body of mine is turned to dust, I will defend my country."
Tekken 6: You can beat 90% of players just knowing your jab punish normally its 1,1 or 1,2, and blocking/sidestepping/backdashing. Before your learn any combos, practice how to backdash cancel, back back,(down/back), sidestep cancel, side step then press back, really fast, and accurately. Ohh and don't ever make the first attack in that game unless you know what your doing most moves are unsafe to jab punish on block, and every move is launcher punishable on whiff, even jabs...

SFIV: Neutral jump fireballs, jumping towards shotos, results in you getting hit.

NMH2: Forward roll learn it, use it, abuse it.

Halo 3/ODST: shots in the chest on shield do same as shots in the head on shield, 3 BRs to the chest then aim for the head is far easier than trying to do 3 head shots. The number of people who say 4 shots to the head is insane, BR does equal damage to shields everywhere.

Any tales game: Play it with friends, it really is alot more fun that way.

90% of RPGs ever: Get your charisma/communication/persuasion skill up really high, normally you can either abuse it in some way at shop keepers, or convince alot of people to join you for cheap instead of fighting you, and other times it gives you the ability to manipulate major plot events in hilarious manners.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

Any tales game: Play it with friends, it really is alot more fun that way.

Possible exception: Symphonia 2. That's part of why it sucks though.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Lockback posted:

On topic, anyone have any general tips for Borderlands. Didn't see it in the Wiki. Its not too hard, but a "how to get the most out of it" would be nice. Is one class more fun than any others?

Soldier is easy mode. Put some points into turret skills, and get an elemental artifact, and the game becomes 'drop turret and drink coffee while enemies die.' His other skills are good too, in single and coop.

The Hunter is ok, the bloodwing is nice albeit a bit glitchy. However, the skill that lets the bloodwing attack multiple targets is at the end of a skill tree. His others skills are a mixed bag. Trespasser shreds guardians but isn't great otherwise.

The Siren is fun. Phase Shift can be used as a panic button or as crowd control. Mind Games is awesome, although it's at the end of a tree. Other skills are good, although Phase Strike is disappointing. (yes, I have the patched version.)

Brick is kind of blah. Berserk is godmode at the start, but it looses effectiveness later. His skills tend towards rockets, grenades and melee, none of which I really liked. His saving grace are Hardened (+12% health per level) and Safeguard (+8% shield per level), both of which are available at the start. Add a Titan classmod, which boosts health and shield further, and you're very hard to kill.

Other random tidbits:
  • Your most important item is your SHIELD. Regardless of class, the shield spells the difference between Dead and Not Dead. (hint: Not Dead is better).
  • Rarity is no guarantee of quality, nor is price.
  • Rocket launchers are fun, but they aren't as omgawesome as they are in most other shooters.
  • Ammo and health kits are dirt cheap. Always max them out.
  • Never buy an item that you can't use, but can after a few levels. You will invariably find a better item before then. This rule applies to almost any Diablo-type.
  • Using a vending machine does NOT pause the game! Make sure no baddies followed you there!
  • You can have more than $999999, it just won't show it.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Borderlands
The item color-coded rarity is not absolute. It's possible to pick up an item that's so beyond "orange" that it goes back to "white." It doesn't happen often, but pay attention to the stats.

The Zombie Island of Dr. Zed is fun, adds a few more hours of fighting, new enemies, and only one real grind quest. The Mad Moxxi DLC is almost the complete opposite. Don't bother with it unless you have friends to grind with in co-op. I've never had to use the bank, and the two extra skill points aren't worth the huge amount of time it costs to earn them.

Play a Scavenger hunter, boost Out for Blood, Swipe, and Ransack with a class-mod, and never have to worry about health and ammo again.

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

Scalding Coffee posted:

Is there a point to incendiary grenades in RE4? I would rather have a large explosion or instant kill flash, than having a spark last one second.

Insta-kills dogs too.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Yeah, that's the best place for them! The Carpenter Dogs will run right into the flames.

thetrin
May 4, 2009

I pull down the curtain, wantin to do me some dirtin aint nuthin better then jerkin my gerkin so I start with some flirtin

But my magic find aint working so I can't do no spurtin its got Wirt's feelins all hurtin, and his wooden leg stops all perking

Civil posted:

Final Fantasy X
Neglect Khimari. He has no redeeming traits.

Kimahri is the 5th wheel in the party, but he's also the only Blue Magic user. He's also the only party member you can use in the Mount Gagazet boss battle. This basically means that if you're not leveling him, you're in a world of trouble.

The good news, though, is that the two bosses are weak to Doom. Make sure you're pulling Kimahri out to get all the blue magic in the game (this includes the omega weapon). You will get Doom before the Mount Gagazet fight, and if you cast it on both bosses and then block for the next ten turns, you will be able to win the battle via attrition.

Kimahri is often ignored because he doesn't fill a unique roll like the rest of the cast, but he's not worth ignoring if you don't want to hate that boss battle.

ShinsoBEAM! posted:

90% of RPGs ever: Get your charisma/communication/persuasion skill up really high, normally you can either abuse it in some way at shop keepers, or convince alot of people to join you for cheap instead of fighting you, and other times it gives you the ability to manipulate major plot events in hilarious manners.

This is especially applicable in RPGs where you're able to talk a boss into killing himself.

thetrin fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 4, 2010

Slio
Jan 17, 2009

thetrin posted:

Kimahri is often ignored because he doesn't fill a unique roll like the rest of the cast, but he's not worth ignoring if you don't want to hate that boss battle.

Don't those bosses scale with you? I could have swore they scaled.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
What page were the Way of the Samurai tips on? They're not on the wiki yet.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

thetrin posted:

Kimahri is the 5th wheel in the party, but he's also the only Blue Magic user. He's also the only party member you can use in the Mount Gagazet boss battle. This basically means that if you're not leveling him, you're in a world of trouble.

The good news, though, is that the two bosses are weak to Doom. Make sure you're pulling Kimahri out to get all the blue magic in the game (this includes the omega weapon). You will get Doom before the Mount Gagazet fight, and if you cast it on both bosses and then block for the next ten turns, you will be able to win the battle via attrition.

Those bosses do have keys that would open up your grid. At least teach him to get them.

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer
You can use Kimahri to get into Rikku's area before she joins, but I don't think you can steal anything too interesting that early.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Playing through Super Mario RPG and the Wiki is a little sparse. Anyone remember what pages there might be some more information on?

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?

Nate RFB posted:

Gonna be playing Front Mission 3 pretty soon; anything I should know? The only other FM games I've played were the DS remake of the first one a tiny bit of 4. The biggest thing I got out of the DS remake was that machine guns were by far the best weapons.

Unlike earlier Front Mission games, the way to get better stuff isn't always by buying it, you can quite often get really cool mech parts from enemies by capturing them.

A good strategy for the mid-to-late game is as soon as the right parts become available get Salvo (which fires all your remaining missile ammo at once) and then have your team act as ammo carriers for one Salvo-equipped unit armed with two of the best missiles available. A good Salvo will instant-kill most enemies.

Also, this isn't Front Mission 1, you can't always get all four weapon slots filled unless you want to use crummy low-tier weapons. Items are nearly always a better bet than Power backpacks too.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Olaf The Stout posted:

Playing through Super Mario RPG and the Wiki is a little sparse. Anyone remember what pages there might be some more information on?

I can't but here are some tips in absolutely no logical order.

Every level-up you have the choice of improving HP, attack/defense, or magic attack/defense. Every level there will be a "best" option, i.e. one that gives an increase above the baseline. Take the best option at each level for the overall most powerful characters. Focus your bonuses for characters who are less-powerful overall but who are better at something specific.

Toadstool's group hug is the best ability in the game and she's worth keeping in your party at all times once you get her.

Mario's "super" abilities are better than his "ultra" abilities because they're easier to target and time for extra damage. They only hit one enemy though.

If you chain together enough hits on a super jump you'll win prizes in Monstro Town. The maximum is 100 jumps.

Using flower tabs, jars, or boxes fully refills your FP in addition to increasing your maximum FP. I like to use them in place of buyable FP restoratives.

Composing songs at tadpole pond allows you to buy high-level restorative items from the shop there.

Learn attack and defense timing for large bonuses to damage and damage resistance.

There is a casino hidden in the game but you're unlikely to find it without a guide. If you do find it and win a minigame enough times you'll get an infinitely reusable attack item.

If you want to get all of the game's hidden chests you'll need to start right away, because one of them is a lost-forever. It comes in mushroom kingdom castle. At the beginning of the game, when you are following Toad into the king's chamber, you need to jump on his head and then jump onto the ledge over the door.

The game is actually really easy except for the Final Fantasy-inspired optional boss. Lots of attacks do only one damage even when you've got 100+ hp.

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."

Gynovore posted:

* Rarity is no guarantee of quality, nor is price.
Sometimes the raw stats of an item don't really show its true worth. Case in point, the Cracked Sash--a shield that has a crappy capacity by the time you find it, but the delay before recharging is much faster than with other shields. Pay attention to the flavor text if there is any, it may reveal these kinds of features.

quote:

* You can have more than $999999, it just won't show it.
This is kind of cool. Actually if you get over $999999, the game just assumes you have infinite money and it will never charge you for anything. Mind you by the time you get there nothing will be worth buying, but resurrection becomes free.

Don't worry about messing up your character build. Respecs might start out expensive, but they don't go up in price much (they cap out at $10000 at the max level, 50) so you can always reallocate your points whenever the going gets tough or you want to try something new.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I couldn't find any tips for Way of the Samurai. The copy I got from Goozex didn't come with a manual so I have no idea what I'm getting into.

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

GoodShipNostalgia posted:

This is kind of cool. Actually if you get over $999999, the game just assumes you have infinite money and it will never charge you for anything. Mind you by the time you get there nothing will be worth buying, but resurrection becomes free.

That is not true.

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

Dr Snofeld posted:

I couldn't find any tips for Way of the Samurai. The copy I got from Goozex didn't come with a manual so I have no idea what I'm getting into.

There's a character in the very beginning that you can't miss who will explain the basics of the game to you. You can also find a dojo where each teacher will explain the specifics of sword combat. The game world is not very large and you'll become familiar with it in short time, the only problem is by the time this happens you'll probably have decided you've seen all the game has to offer.

If you don't mind being totally evil you can purchase items and then just kill the merchant to get your money back, although it will have an affect on how NPC's interact with you.

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."

Anonononomous posted:

That is not true.
Really? I died a couple of times after hitting $999999, but I was never charged anything.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

GoodShipNostalgia posted:

Really? I died a couple of times after hitting $999999, but I was never charged anything.
It keeps track of your money, but it doesn't display it if it's still over $9999999. If you die a bunch of times or open up the savegame with an editor you'll see it.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Dr Snofeld posted:

The game is designed around multiple playthroughs. It's pretty small and short, but it also actively prohibits save scumming if I recall correctly. It's less about its mediocre combat and more about the choices you make that affect the unfolding scenario, picking a side, and trying to see the events from all the possible perspectives. Things like swords and such are persistent between playthroughs as long as you don't die. I haven't really played it enough to give any real in-depth advice.

Some people can beat it a dozen times and get all the best equipment and such but to me the payoff isn't worth it. It's a novel idea for a game but doesn't turn out all that well. I heard part 3 was a lot better, and I have no idea about 2.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Breath of Fire 4, anyone?

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

Capsaicin posted:

Breath of Fire 4, anyone?
· Do not open any chests as Fou Lu.
· Almost every monster in the game has an ability that you can get by Defending and waiting for it to hit. Unlike III, Defense and Examine are rolled into one command, so if you want an ability, Defend your rear end off and wait to get hit by it.
· The combo system is worth learning. You won't regularly bust out anything near the 70-hit monster combo without a guide and completing several Masters (Celerity + Vitality + Vitality, if you're curious), but it gives you an extra little nudge of damage.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

CloseFriend posted:

· Do not open any chests as Fou Lu.
· Almost every monster in the game has an ability that you can get by Defending and waiting for it to hit. Unlike III, Defense and Examine are rolled into one command, so if you want an ability, Defend your rear end off and wait to get hit by it.
· The combo system is worth learning. You won't regularly bust out anything near the 70-hit monster combo without a guide and completing several Masters (Celerity + Vitality + Vitality, if you're curious), but it gives you an extra little nudge of damage.

I've only gotten to the first city, and I think I may have opened one chest as Fou-Lu. Is it worth it to go back and restart the game?

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.

Capsaicin posted:

I've only gotten to the first city, and I think I may have opened one chest as Fou-Lu. Is it worth it to go back and restart the game?
It's not that extreme. It's just that you'll be going there again as Ryu and the chest won't be available. It's more of an inconvenience, really.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

CloseFriend posted:

It's not that extreme. It's just that you'll be going there again as Ryu and the chest won't be available. It's more of an inconvenience, really.

Okay, I was expecting a Chrono Trigger (or in a more extreme case, Final Fantasy 12) style thing where I wouldn't be able to get the ultimate weapons or something.

Lets Fuck Bro
Apr 14, 2009
Anyone knowledgeable about Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer? Or just plain NWN2 for more general tips. I haven't played the OC, I don't really know how the NWN2 D&D system works, and honestly the game is so clunky I don't really want to challenge myself with the combat. I finished the first dungeon and the engine (the camera system especially) is just awkward as gently caress. I found an overpowered cheese build on the internet so I can just point my PC at monsters and watch them die but other than that what else is good for this game.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Titan Quest?. An old one (might gave been addressed previously but the thread is pretty drat long) but it was cheap on Steam this week so I though I'd check it out.

Just wondering if there are any build/classes that I should avoid or if there's anything particularly good. Or if there's anyway to screw myself from the get go.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 7, 2010

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'
Anyone care to have a shot at explaining the skill plate system from Growlanser: Heritage of War?

I get the whole 'things in a row highlighted get points during battle' thing but I don't know how to use it effectively

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Hello Pity posted:

Titan Quest?. An old one (might gave been addressed previously but the thread is pretty drat long) but it was cheap on Steam this week so I though I'd check it out.

Just wondering if there are any build/classes that I should avoid or if there's anything particularly good. Or if there's anyway to screw myself from the get go.

While picking your mastery or skills, there's an UNDO button as long as you don't close the window. Once you've taken a mastery and closed the window, you're stuck with it. However, you can buy back skill points later for gold and it's not very expensive. So don't worry about taking skills just to try them out.

You can't really screw yourself too bad, but you'll have an easier time if you pick two masteries that obviously go well together (ie two physicals or two magicals). Some easy examples are Defense+Warfare, Nature+Spirit, Rogue+Hunter, yadda yadda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vander
Aug 16, 2004

I am my own hero.
What should I know about the Dawn of War II Campaign before I start?