Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Brekelefuw posted:

I didn't make it through this podcast either. It started off bad for me because I have the trumpet play-a-long book that his dad was using, and about halfway through the opening song his time got turned around and he was playing the song one beat ahead of where it should have been.

I think the podcast would have been better if Adam were there to guide and discuss, instead of having a lecture.

I was really excited about hearing him have his dad as a guest. Then it just took a nose dive. His dad really does not have the gift of gab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Adam was on the B.S Report (Bill Simmons' podcast) which came out yesterday. I really enjoy when they're on together, I definitely recommend checking it out.

Yeah it was hilarious, especially the Navageddon pitch.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

I must be getting old because for some reason I enjoyed the Jim Carolla podcast.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I don't think anyone's mentioned it here but the other day I downloaded and listened to all of the Sports podcast and it was surprisingly entertaining. I don't know poo poo about sports so it's interesting from that angle, but between the two hosts there's enough personality and humor to carry a show regardless of the guest, in my opinion.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Solarin posted:

I don't think anyone's mentioned it here but the other day I downloaded and listened to all of the Sports podcast and it was surprisingly entertaining. I don't know poo poo about sports so it's interesting from that angle, but between the two hosts there's enough personality and humor to carry a show regardless of the guest, in my opinion.

Salley does a poor job in my opinion but he seems to get by when Hench and Adam are around. I might just dislike his because I generally dislike basketball players and vegetarians. The ACE Broadcasting group of shows is growing a little too quickly to have all top shelf content. Carcast once a week works, daily Carolla podcast work, but The Parent Experiment will not have enough new material to remain entertaining, and the SportsCast is rarely even about sports. They just seem to talk about all news in general and only cover a few sports anyway.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Well I can die happy.

Anderson just tweeted this:

quote:

If Drew cant afford a dry home, we're all in trouble.RT @drdrew My ark is ready, OMG too much rain, leaks everywhere'

well I am a loudmouth on the internet so I replied with

quote:

@AndersonCowan @drdrew CAN afford it, he just doesn't want to pay for the whole thing, just the sides.

Not a minute later I got a direct message from the man himself, David Andrew Pinsky.

quote:

How DARE you!

I will save that message forever, and all the Tila Tequilas and Perez Hilton tweets in the world are made OK by it.

EvilLemon
Sep 15, 2004
Squeeze me. I squirt.

whatsabattle posted:

Well I can die happy.

Not a minute later I got a direct message from the man himself, David Andrew Pinsky.

I will save that message forever, and all the Tila Tequilas and Perez Hilton tweets in the world are made OK by it.

That is absolutely unreal. I am in your shadow forever.

Dude, I am seriously jealous.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Dr Drew responds all the time, you should try it. He responded to me when I asked something, its pretty cool.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009
When Drew posted QIK videos often about a year ago he would come in and chat with a few of us during the shows on the QIK chat. He seems to like talking to listeners, he went over how two medications I was on could cause seizures rather easily and said I should try to get my Dr to switch. I switched and it is kinda weird thinking Drew had something to do with it. Anderson and I talk often about hockey (both Penguins fans) but he responds much more often than Drew, numbers game I guess.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Dr Drew responds all the time, you should try it. He responded to me when I asked something, its pretty cool.

I got in a DM argument with him about the validity of his reality shows last week. He seemed to think they weren't stupid pieces of poo poo.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*
If you're serious then I'd really like to see exactly how that went.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I've enjoyed all of the rehab shows so far. I have my criticisms, but I'd never go so far as to call them pieces of poo poo or to berate their host personally over the internet.

Hormones
May 9, 2009
Seth MacFarlane on tonight. Hilarious!

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Hormones posted:

Seth MacFarlane on tonight. Hilarious!

He owns on LL, it was a hilarious show. Sunny cast on tomorrow!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

whatsabattle posted:

Well I can die happy.

Lucky son of a bitch. Although I did get to shake his hand when he spoke at my college, so there.:smug:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Anyone actually buy the Hollywood Improv show? I'm not against the idea of paying for the second show, but 2.99 is about a dollar more than I'd want to spend on something I'll listen to once, unless it's a great one.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Solarin posted:

Anyone actually buy the Hollywood Improv show? I'm not against the idea of paying for the second show, but 2.99 is about a dollar more than I'd want to spend on something I'll listen to once, unless it's a great one.

I have not and will not. The free shows are good, but only one or two in the past year have been worth $2.99 for a one time use item. If he charged a monthly fee or something similar I would pay though. All of the Improv shows are so similar in content I prefer the old style one on one interviews, or the "Adam and You" shows where he takes calls from listeners.

Sir Liquid Jerk
Aug 10, 2002
I have Ham Armor +5!
I did and I was underwhelemed, the only reason I bought it was for Drew and his appearance was short with Adam rehashing a story that had nothing to do with Drew that we've already heard before. $2.99 is too expensive on top of it.

Everyone has told Adam that pay podcasting has never worked but he went ahead with it anyways, I hope this experiment fails quickly.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

Adam recycles a lot of content for his improv shows from poo poo he talked about recently on the guest podcasts. I hope he gets over this scheduling slump soon.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Solarin posted:

Yeah, it's way too expensive for what you get. But if it keeps him on the model of daily free podcasts with an occasional bonus one for sale, fine by me.

Capnbigboobies
Dec 2, 2004
Yeah there is no way I am going to pay 2.99 to hear Adam talk about the same stuff we have heard him say a thousand times.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Sir Liquid Jerk posted:

Everyone has told Adam that pay podcasting has never worked but he went ahead with it anyways, I hope this experiment fails quickly.

I can't see him stopping it. Ace has a lot of crazy fans who will do anything he says. Plus he sells tickets to the shows so I bet he's turning a profit on the podcast now.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The interview with Piper today was a pretty good podcast (haven't finished it yet, though). I like the revolving guest list. Some are hits, some are misses, just as long as he didn't

The improve show is getting kinda old, but mostly because there's only so much Ralph I can take. Yes, he's funny, but it just shows you why the show is called Kevin and Bean and not Kevin and Bean and Ralph.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

jyrka posted:

I can't see him stopping it. Ace has a lot of crazy fans who will do anything he says.

No kidding, you look at how creepily obsessive someone like Giovanni is and chances are there are a few thousand just like him.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

raditts posted:

No kidding, you look at how creepily obsessive someone like Giovanni is and chances are there are a few thousand just like him.

Whoa, let's show some respect where it's due. Giovanni, as I recall, is classified as a SUPERfan. Not some mere "fan." :smug:

Let us pray they never let him near the podcast again.

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

AndNowMax posted:

If you're serious then I'd really like to see exactly how that went.

I wasn't a dick about it. I don't think I was, at least, but here's how it went.

I had read the AVClub's tolerability index a few weeks back. They had Dr. Drew on the far side of the intolerable scale. I tweeted him asking what he thought and he answered. I told him I had trouble reconciling the Dr. Drew I recognized from Loveline with the one who exploited addicts for trashy reality TV shows.
He said

@drdrew posted:

Most of them feel like this was a very important experience for them.They were paid,they consented & they don't feel exploited. Hmmmm..
I then said that I'm sure they feel they're being helped, but that it doesn't come across that way for the average viewer. He then proceeded to blame the editing

@drdrew posted:

I think what you are referring to is the editing and I wish I had at least some control over tha,t but I don't.

That was the last message I got from him. I get the idea that he's so far down the rabbit hole as far as the shows are concerned that he only cares about the people ON the show without any perspective as to how the average channel-surfer sees it. As a doctor that's probably appropriate, but it doesn't mean the show isn't exploitative of people with real problems.

Kro-Bar fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Feb 10, 2010

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I like Dr. Drew on Loveline more than on Celeb. Rehab because on Loveline I don't have to see the pouty face he makes when people tell him about their troubles.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Brekelefuw posted:

I like Dr. Drew on Loveline more than on Celeb. Rehab because on Loveline I don't have to see the pouty face he makes when people tell him about their troubles.

This.

Jaguarp
Jan 19, 2009

Brekelefuw posted:

I prefer his "dog just caught you jerking off" head-tilt.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Brekelefuw posted:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

EnsGDT posted:

awesome

Holland Oats
Oct 20, 2003

Only the dead have seen the end of war

UltraRed posted:

The interview with Piper today was a pretty good podcast (haven't finished it yet, though). I like the revolving guest list. Some are hits, some are misses, just as long as he didn't

The improve show is getting kinda old, but mostly because there's only so much Ralph I can take. Yes, he's funny, but it just shows you why the show is called Kevin and Bean and not Kevin and Bean and Ralph.

Yeah, I really loved the Piper interview. Adam was great in it too in knowing when to jump in and when to sit back and let Piper tell his incredible stories. I hope he's back soon.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
In the Ask/Tell Thread: Tell me how to stop elder abuse and neglect

What Fun posted:

Get one of those bumper stickers.

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009
Was anyone else feeling mildly uncomfortable during to Loveline last night?

They had a pastor on as a guest that advised a 20 year old to get married, and told a 17 year old whose low sex drive was caused by "god telling you to not have sex".

Would have been a nice episode for Adam to be on.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

quote:

adamcarolla

Taking calls for Superfan @GiovanniGiorgio at 1:30PM PST - call in at 877.564.23256

Hahaha

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

-Atom- posted:

Hahaha

came here to post that. dear god.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

Welp, I'm skipping that episode.

WouldDesk
Dec 26, 2009

Instrumedley posted:

Was anyone else feeling mildly uncomfortable during to Loveline last night?

They had a pastor on as a guest that advised a 20 year old to get married, and told a 17 year old whose low sex drive was caused by "god telling you to not have sex".

Would have been a nice episode for Adam to be on.

Yep, awkward for sure. LL had nothing to gain from having on this guest. Having psychics and mediums it odd enough, hell, they have had vampires on. Loveline is not the place for a preacher, it throws the whole show off because Drew does not want to offend someone on his own drat show! Anderson did not give a drat though, that is good.

Hormones
May 9, 2009
Does anyone know which episode the "Where's Dr. Drew?" drop comes from?

What about "more Jello please!"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ultimos
May 20, 2005

Desert Dwelling Scumbag

Hormones posted:

Does anyone know which episode the "Where's Dr. Drew?" drop comes from?

What about "more Jello please!"?

"Where's Dr. Drew?" definitely was on a show that Drew wasn't on. I think it was Dr. Bruce on that night, but it could have been one of the others.

• Locked thread