Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Fish Of Doom posted:

I was inspired by this and attempted to make an Animated Series Batman.

That's funny, I was thinking of doing the same thing. I've been wanting to make a custom Animated Series Batman for a long time, and the "fake 2D" effect definitely lends itself well to that concept. Nice job with it.

Personally, I wouldn't be able to do that without geeking out and resculpting the figure head to toe, so it'll be a while before I try it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
So at what point do I give up at stores at get gouged online for a DC Universe Question figure. :sigh:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Dre2Dee2 posted:

So at what point do I give up at stores at get gouged online for a DC Universe Question figure. :sigh:
I'm with you. Question is the only DCUC figure I want right now, and I've never seen that wave at a Target store.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I'm with you. Question is the only DCUC figure I want right now, and I've never seen that wave at a Target store.

I've seen the entire wave except for the Question.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Dre2Dee2 posted:

http://coastcitystyles.com/dcunclquacfi.html
http://www.scifigenre.com/itemDetail.aspx?nItemID=81863&sid=1YY1JYO0N1MSU0H

Neither of those are much more than the $16 with tax DCUC retails for now. The latter has free shipping if you order over $75, so maybe couple it with other stuff.

Edit: I guess the second one is sold out. Sorry.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Saw one the other day, will keep my eyes out!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Question bois check the trading thread.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
My walmart finally cracked open a case of the new wave and I can tell already Forager is going to be pegwarmer material for a long long time. I did manage to find a Beast Boy hidden way in the back so my Teen Titans squad is coming together. Just need a Raven and Wonder Girl.

What the heck am I supposed to do with this green eagle Beast Boy came with? Dangle it from something with some fishing line? I dunno.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
So...

Anyone know when the Superman 2 Christopher Reeve figure is coming out, and if it will exclusive to anyone?

I can't find much online other than some prototype pics and a TBA release date.

Any news on the armored GI Joe with the bikes? I thought those were supposed to be out in Jan but I haven't seen a peep about em.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Chris Reeve Superman is exclusive to mattycollector.com ... I don't know if they announced it yet, but Zod never sold out, so thats not a good sign for future figs.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I haven't heard about this... I always wanted a Christopher Reeve Superman figure. Matty Collector sucks, though.

I don't much like the head sculpt on my 13" Superman doll, so I have been considering replacing it with a Reeve likeness.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
You can find Zod at a few diff websites, but for about 20$ more than matty.

Still, dammit, I want my Superman to look like the one I grew up with.

The only other one I am impatiently waiting on is the KC Superman from DC.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

mods rename me posted:

Question bois check the trading thread.

Wait... where? :raise:

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Wait... where? :raise:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2947000

Sa Mart's best kept secret?

Edit: DCUC wave 14 right here, kids.

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/supergoblin18/photo2.jpg
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/supergoblin18/photo3.jpg
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/supergoblin18/photo5.jpg
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww192/supergoblin18/photo.jpg

gently caress yea, Zatanna. And another BAF I can skip. Looks like he reuses Gorilla Grodd arms, too.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 7, 2010

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Obsidian, Gold and Zatanna are loving pimp, and Ultra-Humanite looks crazy awesome. Alan Scott's :haw: face is an...interesting choice.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Wow. Kamandi looks really great. Still no Martian Manhunter, though.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Oh man wave 14 looks great! It doesn't look like UltraHumanite uses too many Grodd parts. Awesome!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

funtax posted:

Wow. Kamandi looks really great. Still no Martian Manhunter, though.

Mattel is racist against Martians.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Seriously, who the gently caress is this line made for? I can't sell ANY of those guys because I sell toys to children who don't know who loving Tyr is. That's an entire wave of shelfwarmers with a king-Hell shelfwarmer of a build-a-figure.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
DCUC is heavily-focused on (as the name suggests) "classic" characters, costumes, teams, etc. from the DC universe. The line has been regularly releasing figures that are modern updates of the classic Superpowers line from the 1980s. Tyr is a character from that line.

As for "who" the line is for, it's for collectors and kids. Mattel has made no secret of the fact that each wave introduces new figures (mostly targeted at collectors) that are then supported by re-releases of previous "big name" figures like Batman, Superman, etc. aimed at kids and general consumers.

If you want to sell DC figs to kids, knock yourself out with the Brave and the Bold, which is a great, kid-focused line.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I grew up on Super Powers and in most cases my introduction to the characters was the little comics they came with. I didn't actually start reading DC Comics until I was in about sixth grade and Super Powers was long dead. As a little kid, all it really took was a dude in a cool costume to get me to buy a toy. Tell me roughly what his powers were, is he a good guy or a bad guy, and he was welcomed to the group with open arms. If a kid likes superheroes, selling him a new one isn't really that hard, and you're also underestimating the draw of a giant, superintelligent monkey. Sometimes it doesn't matter if you know who it is beforehand.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Not to mention, the Metal Men have been on Batman: The Brave and the Bold cartoon. So has Kamandi and Hourman.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

RKOMG! posted:

Seriously, who the gently caress is this line made for? I can't sell ANY of those guys because I sell toys to children who don't know who loving Tyr is. That's an entire wave of shelfwarmers with a king-Hell shelfwarmer of a build-a-figure.

Well I guess you would be glad its a Walmart exclusive and you don't have to sell it to anyone!

Doc Faustus
Sep 6, 2005

Philippe is such an angry eater
Odd question, but has anyone out there applied the decals for the BSG minimates miniflyers? They include a sheet of stickers with each one, and no guide as to where to apply them.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Satsuki posted:

Well I guess you would be glad its a Walmart exclusive and you don't have to sell it to anyone!

poo poo. It is? Why does Mattel hate freedom?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

funtax posted:

poo poo. It is? Why does Mattel hate freedom?

Because it hates america. :911:

Although that Zatanna figure does look pretty rocking.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Dunno if this was mentioned already or if anyone care, but TRU has the Iron Man 2 figures out.

demolition rickshaw
Mar 10, 2007

I NEED AVATARS. AVATARS OF HARDHAT SPIDER-MAN!
Recently finished my first custom, Mockingbird:

Click here for the full 450x662 image.

Click here for the full 450x609 image.

It was fun! Also frustrating as all gently caress.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

^^^That's really nicely painted.

There's been some interesting stuff so far at Toyfair.

Remember that vote for the next Marvel 2-packs thing? Well they finally revealed the other 3 figures that will accompany the winners.

Deadpool / Warpath
Black Widow / Winter Soldier
Valkyrie / Hulk

The Hulk figure is a repaint of the red hulk BAF with a new head.

And there will be 6" figures for Iron Man 2, like those Crimson Dynamo and Titanium man prototypes from a few pages back, but because god is a bastard, they're exclusive to Wal-mart.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Guess Mattel isn't putting up any info on Ghostbusters till tomorrow. Still nice to know that Peter got bumped to 4/15 for release.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Fish Of Doom posted:

^^^That's really nicely painted.

There's been some interesting stuff so far at Toyfair.

Remember that vote for the next Marvel 2-packs thing? Well they finally revealed the other 3 figures that will accompany the winners.

Deadpool / Warpath
Black Widow / Winter Soldier
Valkyrie / Hulk

The Hulk figure is a repaint of the red hulk BAF with a new head.

And there will be 6" figures for Iron Man 2, like those Crimson Dynamo and Titanium man prototypes from a few pages back, but because god is a bastard, they're exclusive to Wal-mart.
I hate Wal-Mart exclusivity so much; at least other chains have somewhat reasonable distribution; I've actually gotten some Toys'R'Us and Target exclusives before.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It's getting better. The non-superhero WM exclusive clog the shelves.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Also, Iron Man 2 might be considered mainstream enough to warrant larger orders than DCUC.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Spotted: Iron Man Movie (yes it looks like the SDCC Version) and War Machine Movie Mighty Muggs. TRU Exclusives.

Also if anyone is interested in Transformers Resissue Insecticons and Perceptor I have them on sale MISB.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2947000&pagenumber=33#lastpost

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/Mattel/default.asp

Has a bunch of pictures from the Mattel booth at Toy Fair.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/Mattel/default.asp

Has a bunch of pictures from the Mattel booth at Toy Fair.

http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TF2010/Mattel/image41.asp

GUY loving GARDNER AT LAST.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Rhyno posted:

GUY loving GARDNER AT LAST.

Worst 2-Pack ever! :/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jet Ready Go posted:

whatEVER. The awesomeness of Guy far outweighs any suckage from Tomar.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Jet Ready Go posted:

If a repainted Romat Ru head on a base GL body means a wholly new sculpt for Guy, it's totally worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
It's not a 2-pack. It's a 5-pack with Hal (repaint with gray temples), Sinestro (his head on Hal's GL body), John (repaint in his Mosaic costume), Tomar, and Guy.