Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pixi
Apr 16, 2001

I am loved.
Longpig! HURRAH!!!!

Ophelia's Ashes your job situation might prove to be tricky. Mine is already (I am the aforementioned other RN), and I'm only 23 weeks. I'm having symptoms of pretty severe SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction), and it's preventing me from working up to the usual physical standards. I'm lucky that I work L&D with a bunch of women who are all moms -- they pick up a lot of slack for me, and are mostly understanding when I just physically can't manage to lift a patient or wheel the epidural cart down the hall. My boss, on the other hand, can suck a big dick -- she's made it clear that as far as she is concerned, I get no special considerations. Good thing no one listens to her.

I would just see if you can get paired up with a partner that would be able to manage picking up a bit of "extra" for you. And don't be surprised if you just cannot work until the end. I was planning on working until I go in to labor, but it is looking increasingly unlikely as the weeks pass.

Good luck! I hope that when the time comes your employer is understanding and accommodating. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dishonesty
Sep 11, 2001

There's no place like home.
Holy cow, that IS a dark line, yayyyy Longpig!

Crabsurd
Dec 19, 2006
Yay Longpig! Sending you lots of good luck!

Grayscale Rainbow
Oct 17, 2009

Congrats Longpig!!!

Tatiana
Jan 29, 2001
Forum Veteran
Longpig, another internet stranger here completely happy for you! :)

Congrats!

Roxy Rouge
Oct 27, 2009
I'm crossing my fingers for you, longpig!!

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
Well we've stopped using contraceptives 13 months ago but so far no luck. The pill seriously messed up my wife's cycle and it might be time to have a doctor check whether something's wrong with either me or my wife. As it turns out a single OBGYN consultation reg. infertility is $400 and health insurance does not cover it. Good times :jerkbag:

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
There are other steps she can try first, like tracking her fertility, that don't cost anywhere near as much. Knowing how her ovulatory cycles work can only be beneficial...

dishonesty
Sep 11, 2001

So I got my period back, like 33 days after the surgery.

Only, it was only for about 2.5 days, then it stopped. So who knows what's going on in my body.

I just wanna get pregnant again dammit!

Roxy Rouge
Oct 27, 2009

Cross_ posted:

Well we've stopped using contraceptives 13 months ago but so far no luck. The pill seriously messed up my wife's cycle and it might be time to have a doctor check whether something's wrong with either me or my wife. As it turns out a single OBGYN consultation reg. infertility is $400 and health insurance does not cover it. Good times :jerkbag:

My insurance does not cover infertility issues either, but I made an appointment with my OBGYN with the stated reason of cycle irregularities after nearly a year of trying. I explained in the office that I was having difficulty conceiving and insurance covered the appt with only the copay. My doctor prescribed clomid which is not covered, but is really inexpensive and also gave me the option of some lab tests to confirm the diagnosis of anovulation. I chose that route because I am a bit older (35) so it added 2x$150 for lab tests over 2 months. If I had skipped the lab tests I would have been out only the copay and $10 for 2 months worth of prescriptions-- so maybe it is possible to do things less expensively.

FWIW, the diagnosis was confirmed by the tests--and I have been through round one of the medication with few side effects but was not successful this time. On the upside I did ovulate on the medication, so at least there is hope.

Good luck to you!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

dishonesty posted:

So I got my period back, like 33 days after the surgery.

Only, it was only for about 2.5 days, then it stopped. So who knows what's going on in my body.

I just wanna get pregnant again dammit!

My period changed after my (first) m/c... I only had like 2 days of bleeding, and then 6 more of spotting (VERY annoying), whereas before that I had 2 days of bleeding and one of really light bleeding tapering to spotting. And before I went off the pill it was more like 4+1. Most women I know who've had losses have had their period change in some way afterward - it's the hormones. It certainly doesn't mean you'll have trouble getting pregnant again, so I wouldn't worry about it too much!

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

We are the ones we've been waiting for.
Yeah my period's been different since the miscarriage & d&c too. The first time after it was much lighter than normal. It's still not quite the same either. I bleed heavier on my heavy days (there's usually a day where I go through a heavy tampon every 1.5 to 2 hours - sorry for the tmi). But I used to get like a warning day of spotting before it would start and now it just shows up out of nowhere full force.

Longpig, has your crampiness gone away? When do you see the ob?

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Yeah, the cramps went away, thank god. I still have no idea when I can see an actual OB. I need to get a referral from a GP before I can even make an appointment, and the soonest I can do that (short of waiting for hours at a walk-in surrounded by sick people) is Thursday. Ugh, Quebec. Why can't you be cool like the rest of the country?! :canada:

Well gently caress, I spoke too soon. Cramps again, and now I'm bleeding.

Longpig fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 8, 2010

Gumby Orgy
Mar 21, 2007

by T. Finn

Longpig posted:

Yeah, the cramps went away, thank god. I still have no idea when I can see an actual OB. I need to get a referral from a GP before I can even make an appointment, and the soonest I can do that (short of waiting for hours at a walk-in surrounded by sick people) is Thursday. Ugh, Quebec. Why can't you be cool like the rest of the country?! :canada:

Oh, gently caress. Would going to an emergency room help? :ohdear:

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

Longpig posted:

Oh jesus. :( Good vibes going your way.

Gumby Orgy
Mar 21, 2007

by T. Finn
Does anyone know if Longpig is alright? :(

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Hi guys... Not good news I'm afraid. I went to the ER where my cramps and bleeding got worse. HCG level was a measly 11 indicating that development probably stopped a couple of days ago. Bleah. I pretty much knew what was up before I went to the hospital but every time, I harbour this stupid little hope that things will somehow be OK. :(

I would have just stayed at home to bleed, but I'm Rh- and Mr. Longpig is + so I have to get a nasty painful shot on top of everything else every time this happens!

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
=

Ringo R fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 9, 2010

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

Oh, longpig. :sympathy: I was really hoping it would work out for you.

Is this when they'll start doing some tests to figure out if there's something hinky going on? My doc told me I'd have to have three miscarriages before they would assume it was anything other than a fluke. Seems ridiculous to have to go through so many losses to get some answers. I know you've got a whole different system up there in Canada, but I hope the docs can help you.

Grayscale Rainbow
Oct 17, 2009

I'm so sorry Longpig :(

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
I cannot change the gender of my unborn child and shouldn't waste my time or energy pretending he won't exist
Oh man, Longpig. :sympathy: I'm so sorry, this totally sucks. :(

I'm with Chickalicious; I hope this is the cue to the doctors that it's time to start looking more deeply into this.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

I have a GP appointment booked for Thursday - I was going to get a referral to the OB but now I guess they'll see what they can do for me about this.

Lannie
Nov 21, 2005

snookie snookeie snnnokeid

Longpig posted:

Hi guys... Not good news I'm afraid. I went to the ER where my cramps and bleeding got worse. HCG level was a measly 11 indicating that development probably stopped a couple of days ago. Bleah. I pretty much knew what was up before I went to the hospital but every time, I harbour this stupid little hope that things will somehow be OK. :(

I would have just stayed at home to bleed, but I'm Rh- and Mr. Longpig is + so I have to get a nasty painful shot on top of everything else every time this happens!

I'm so sorry Longpig. I really hope that you can get in to see an RE and get some answers. I'm so heartbroken for you. :( Hugs!

Damiana
Feb 15, 2008
Title Placeholder
I'm sorry longpig. I was really hoping that this one would stick. :sympathy:

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

One line means no and two lines means yes. I got no lines and now I'm out of pee for a second test to see if the initial one was a bum test. Argh! Today is day 31 of my normally 28-29 day cycle. I just want to know what's going on!

Edit: Ok, I was being impatient. Ding ding ding, ROUND TWO.

Chickalicious fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Feb 10, 2010

Lannie
Nov 21, 2005

snookie snookeie snnnokeid

Chickalicious posted:

One line means no and two lines means yes. I got no lines and now I'm out of pee for a second test to see if the initial one was a bum test. Argh! Today is day 31 of my normally 28-29 day cycle. I just want to know what's going on!

Edit: Ok, I was being impatient. Ding ding ding, ROUND TWO.

!!! YAY!!!!

Fire In The Disco
Oct 4, 2007
EEEEEEEEEEEE, Chickalicious!!!! :glomp: AWESOMENESS!!!

Grayscale Rainbow
Oct 17, 2009

YAY!!! Congratulations Chickalicious! :dance:

dishonesty
Sep 11, 2001

Omgosh omgosh omgosh Yyayayayyayyy!

It's funny, even after my own loss, every time I see someone's pee stick posted with two lines, my tummy does a flip and I get a huge grin and I personally FEEL the excitement and happiness.

Oh that's so wonderful for you... yayy!

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Congrats Chick! :)

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004
Oh Longpig :( So sorry this happened to you again. Hopefully now your doctor will take this seriously and will do some testing to figure out what needs to be done in order for you to have a healthy pregnancy. That sucks so bad :(

Pixi
Apr 16, 2001

I am loved.
Argh, longpig, so so sorry. I really hope you can get some answers. :glomp:

AND HOLY poo poo CHICKALICIOUS! YEAH!

tishthedish
Jan 21, 2007

I'm standing at her shores
I have a question for you guys.

I'm 23. I had an ultrasound on Monday because I was having severe pelvic pain. On the results, the doctor noted that my ovaries are small (2cm x 1.2cm x 2cm or 2.54mL in volume). I'm not currently looking to get pregnant, but when I do, what affect will this have on the baby making process? Are they small enough to be a hindrance?

qentiox
Nov 8, 2005

I like dragons.

Longpig posted:

Sorry I'm so late, I'm so sorry Longpig. :( Like everyone else said, hopefully you'll get some answers now.

Azulita
Dec 9, 2006

by Lowtax
Longpig, I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. If you are interested, I can provide a link listing the most common tests they do to find a cause for losses.

Chickalicious- Wooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

Woooooooooooo!!! Indeed. Thanks for all the congrats everyone. My husband made fun of me because I posted here before emailing my family.

I still can't help but have what I feel like is a dark cloud hanging over me. Will it pass when I get past the week I had my miscarriage? Am I ever going to be as excited as I was last time? I don't want to spend the whole pregnancy focused on all the things that can possibly go wrong. I'm already checking for spotting everytime I pee.

I've got my initial OB appointment on the 22nd. They're just going to do labs and go over insurance things. I'll see the doctor on the next appointment.

Longpig, let us know what the doc says today. Hope you're feeling reasonably ok.

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

I went to a doctor today... basically all she did was give me a referral to a recurrent loss clinic, nothing else. I spent over an hour (1:30-2:45) trying to get ahold of the goddamn clinic, getting the same message over and over again saying that the hours to call for gynecologist appointments are 9:30-11:30 and 1:30-3:30, with no option to leave a message. NICE!! I eventually called the associated antenatal clinic to see if it was even the right number, and a sympathetic receptionist forwarded me to a line she wasn't supposed to, where a cranky sounding lady told me I had to fax my referral and they would call me for an appointment. Then she hung up before I could even finish saying thanks.

I've mostly spent the afternoon finding out that my insurance does not cover fertility treatments, so I'm probably screwed anyway unless it turns out to be something like a clotting disorder I can treat with baby aspirin.

loving RIGHT ON! :suicide:

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Longpig posted:

I've mostly spent the afternoon finding out that my insurance does not cover fertility treatments, so I'm probably screwed anyway unless it turns out to be something like a clotting disorder I can treat with baby aspirin.

loving RIGHT ON! :suicide:

...and people say misogyny isn't a big deal anymore.

Have you looked into a gluten intolerance? Not necessarily celiac disease, but something called non celiac gluten intolerance. Its a bit controversial, but one of the symptoms is problems getting pregnant/miscarriage. I honestly think this is my issue (I have other health issues as well) and I've stopped eating anything with gluten in it and its cleared up a lot of other health issues I was having.

Alterian fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 11, 2010

Longpig
Nov 23, 2004

Every doctor I've seen basically told me that up until #3 they just consider you unlucky, so I haven't really looked into much yet. Hopefully it won't take too long to get an appointment at this clinic and I can add that to the list of things to ask, along with the clotting/baby aspirin thing, which is apparently also pretty common...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azulita
Dec 9, 2006

by Lowtax
Chickalicious, I know I definitely felt better when I passed the date of my previous loss.

• Locked thread