Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Just saw posters for the Onstad + Gurewitch talk at RIT. I'll be there!

I've never been to RIT, what should I expect in terms of parking and/or finding "Webb Auditorium (James E. Booth Memorial Building 7A)"?

Also how's weather in those parts right now. I'm coming from Pittsburgh area so I'm thinking it will be an improvement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Jack Bandit posted:

I've never been to RIT, what should I expect in terms of parking and/or finding "Webb Auditorium (James E. Booth Memorial Building 7A)"?

Also how's weather in those parts right now. I'm coming from Pittsburgh area so I'm thinking it will be an improvement.

Well its not snowing right now, which is good. Your best bet for parking is either E, F, G or H. 7A is directly south of them.

Inbetween 7A and 7B is a brick walk, take that (if you're approaching from the north) there will be some double doors on your right after you cross through the tunnel, take those and then take the stairs down immediately to your right. Webb is right there.

If you are heading here, be warned that it is snowing and will be snowing all day.

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 10, 2010

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
Chris Onstad and Nick Gurewitch are currently being interviewed on AM 1370 at WXXI in Rochester, you can listen here:

http://interactive.wxxi.org/listen

Its on local news right now, but they should be on soon.

EDIT: They're on now.

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 10, 2010

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
I went to RIT and was about this close from recruiting at a job fair there today.

gently caress.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

Well its not snowing right now, which is good. Your best bet for parking is either E, F, G or H. 7A is directly south of them.

Inbetween 7A and 7B is a brick walk, take that (if you're approaching from the north) there will be some double doors on your right after you cross through the tunnel, take those and then take the stairs down immediately to your right. Webb is right there.

If you are heading here, be warned that it is snowing and will be snowing all day.

Thanks for the map! I still wandered around like an idiot for a few minutes but it helped a lot. This was a really good time. I can't believe I couldn't think of "Quentin" when some sweet sketches were on the line.

Adhesion
Sep 10, 2001

Next you gonna mention lifting up a nacho and seein' a big old terrified eye starin' at you

Jack Bandit posted:

Thanks for the map! I still wandered around like an idiot for a few minutes but it helped a lot. This was a really good time. I can't believe I couldn't think of "Quentin" when some sweet sketches were on the line.

As the proud owner of these aforementioned sketches, I offer my sincere condolences yet also express extreme disappointment at the quality of competition I was up against. Come on, y'all.

I might like to scan & post them though (with Onstad's permission of course).

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

I know you knew every answer and I can't believe you didn't raise your hand.

I know I told you this after we left.

EDIT: And the sketches are insane. I didn't get a chance to look at them really today but the stuff that Adhesion was telling me over lunch was incredible (he did not want to get pasta sauce on the sketches).

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Adhesion posted:

As the proud owner of these aforementioned sketches, I offer my sincere condolences yet also express extreme disappointment at the quality of competition I was up against. Come on, y'all.

I might like to scan & post them though (with Onstad's permission of course).

That would be cool! Thanks for coming out, all y'all goons. I had a great time with Nick and was treated kindly by all.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005

Chris Onstad posted:

That would be cool! Thanks for coming out, all y'all goons. I had a great time with Nick and was treated kindly by all.

As I was driving away it hit me what question I wanted to ask last night. In the past you've talked about an animated version of Achewood. Any progress on that or is it a back burner kind of thing?

I remember awhile back Shmorky did that flash animation and it looked exactly what I would want animated Achewood to look like.

Chris Onstad
Mar 31, 2007

Yeah, there's no animation stuff going on at present. We do have a really awesome project that basically everyone on here is going to love...in about a month. I've been working with a game developer. That's all I'll say.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Chris Onstad posted:

I've been working with a game developer. That's all I'll say.

For shame, Onstad! You know it's illegal to print your own money.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
I knew it! A fighting game based on the Great Outdoor Tournament!

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

The Missing Link posted:

I knew it! A fighting game based on the Great Outdoor Tournament!

Its a Zelda style RPG where you play as Molly

nmg
Jul 27, 2002

A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
Todd drunk driving simulator, I hope.

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
We will "experience" the Ray gets sort of stoned strip in a Yoshi's Island Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy style level or we will be Beef as he tries to get to the grocery store....while suffering from DEPRESSION.

Jack Bandit fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 12, 2010

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All of these sound great. Seems like we need an Achewood version of Warioware.

I'd still be happy with an iPod compatible Achewood eCookbook.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jack Bandit posted:

We will "experience" the Ray gets sort of stoned strip in a Yoshi's Island Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy style level or we will be Beef as he tries to get to the grocery store....while suffering from DEPRESSION.

I imagine everything looks a little like Yoshi Story 64 when you're wearing Ray's medallion.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

God give me a sandbox where you're Lyle just throwing various alcohol bottles in public.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

5er posted:

God give me a sandbox where you're Lyle just throwing various alcohol bottles in public.

Can there be a bonus level where you vomit at a football?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Chris Onstad posted:

Yeah, there's no animation stuff going on at present. We do have a really awesome project that basically everyone on here is going to love...in about a month. I've been working with a game developer. That's all I'll say.

If this game developer is Telltale, I will weep.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Like Wii Sports Resort only it's Ray's Backyard. Hold the Wiimote up to your mouth to smoke a blunt. Press A to grill the steak. Hold B to enjoy a good time with friends.

Or perhaps the long-rumored Achewood Text Adventure? I am terrible at those, but I would still play.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I would play the hell out of a retro sprite-based XBLA arcade game called "Here Comes a Special Boy." Freezepop soundtrack, naturally.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

We had BEST be able to use the Wiimote and Nunchuck to beat hick cats into cowboy sauce.

Or at least let us punch Pat in the face.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
How soon we all forget Nice Pete's Wii game ideas.

I want the special edition of the one where you feed the pigs to the monsters!

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Like Wii Sports Resort only it's Ray's Backyard. Hold the Wiimote up to your mouth to smoke a blunt. Press A to grill the steak. Hold B to enjoy a good time with friends.

Or perhaps the long-rumored Achewood Text Adventure? I am terrible at those, but I would still play.

Hold Down to P-P-P-P-PEEL OUT!

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

iphone app where you sing about rear end in pants then use the accelerometer to make Ray do backflips to the piano

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

Chris Onstad posted:

Please confirm:

RIT is the ugliest school on the face of the earth.

(RIT grad here)

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.

Deathlove posted:

If this game developer is Telltale, I will weep.

That is too much awesome to even comprehend.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Zeitgueist posted:

Please confirm:

RIT is the ugliest school on the face of the earth.

(RIT grad here)

What, no Br(D)ick City Pride?

RIT is a pretty ugly campus. But they have a ton of awesome resources there and some pretty cool professors.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
Is Cookbook #2 shipping yet? I want to order one, but the description in the Achewood shop still says "might not arrive before Christmas."

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Excite bike but instead of playing as a guy on a motorcycle you play as a picture of a motorcycle shrunk down real tiny and you jump over mountains

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Li'l Nephew slowly creeping into a lake in a real time simulation.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.
Speaking of real time simulations, maybe it'll be some kind of Achewood-themed Desert Bus?

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a personal training program in which you enter your daily dietary choices and have them analyzed by Pat.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

EDIT: Ah poo poo.

An adventure game where you play as Phillipe looking for his speaker shoes.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
It's a game where the next level comes out intermittently and significantly less so since the game started advertising the DLC which has over 700 levels which is apparently where the real effort goes.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Sigma-X posted:

It's a game where the next level comes out intermittently and significantly less so since the game started advertising the DLC which has over 700 levels which is apparently where the real effort goes.

hahahahahaha. The DLC doesn't get any effort either, UNTIL you run out of points. Then a single new thing comes out and you pay for more points, thinking it'll be worth it this time, but it was just that one single thing.

ZorbaTHut
May 5, 2005

wake me when the world is saved

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Li'l Nephew slowly creeping into a lake in a real time simulation.

This would be amazing and I kind of want to make it.

The car starts out 8 feet from the lake. It drives forward at one inch per hour, in realtime. If you quit the app, it is paused - you must have the app open for time to pass.

At some point, between 24 and 48 hours in, Ray shows up, disassembles the car, and takes Nephew away. A "restart" button is added, which resets the app to the beginning.

If you tap the screen while Ray is dragging Nephew away, you get a point. You may only get one point per attempt. There is an online high score list.

Onstad, I'm serious, you want this thing made, I'll make it (in a month or two, I don't have my iPhone build system set up yet.) Although I suspect it wouldn't get past the app store submission process :(

(someone would rig up a Lego Mindstorms system with a camera to farm points, I already know it)

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

Zefiel posted:

hahahahahaha. The DLC doesn't get any effort either, UNTIL you run out of points. Then a single new thing comes out and you pay for more points, thinking it'll be worth it this time, but it was just that one single thing.

OOHHHH KABOOM!!!

Has the fan subscription thing not been delivering either? I'm getting hungry for some quality poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008

Jago posted:

OOHHHH KABOOM!!!

Has the fan subscription thing not been delivering either? I'm getting hungry for some quality poo poo.

It feels like output on the fanflow has been reduced a bit. I actually let my subscription lapse at the end of last month when I realized there'd only been one substantial update in the last two weeks. I'm sure I'll renew as soon as there's a new Nice Pete story or other long-form update. What I'd really like to see on the fanflow is for the blogs to start updating again on a semi-regular basis.