Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

ibroxmassive posted:

Email, lie, say you're Muslim. If it's a Premier league team and it's one of the main kits then they tend too, although I tried getting a Rangers 3rd without the Carling badge and they didn't stock them. Worth a shot though, it's only an email
Emailing United and saying it's against my religion to bail out failed insurance corporations please provide me sponsor less AIG shirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

calcio posted:

Emailing United and saying it's against my religion to bail out failed insurance corporations please provide me sponsor less AIG shirt.

Doubt it'd sell more shirts in the Middle and Far East to be honest.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

One cool thing our new loudmouth owners have done.

West Ham 09/10 replica kits now £9.99 (£19.99 online)

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

MoPZiG posted:

One cool thing our new loudmouth owners have done.

West Ham 09/10 replica kits now £9.99 (£19.99 online)

That's very cool. Tempted to get one with Relegated 18 on the back.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I can't seem to find a website that will sell me this year's shirt for League 2 side Bury :(

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Mandalay posted:

I can't seem to find a website that will sell me this year's shirt for League 2 side Bury :(

It might be worth calling their club shop ad see if they know. It's 0161 762 0528, but they're not open Sunday or Monday.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Last year's cellar dwellers of the K-League, Daegu, also get new kits.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
What was the name of that website that sells footie shirts, I think they came from the far east somewhere?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

monkeytennis posted:

What was the name of that website that sells footie shirts, I think they came from the far east somewhere?

soccer triads?

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Possible 10/11 Spurs home

My response mirrors the current attitude of our club on the pitch: "Eh."

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

Directorman posted:

when does our Puma contract end? had enough of their templates post-125th.

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.
Looks like something a tennisplayer at wimbledon would wear.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

when does our Puma contract end? had enough of their templates post-125th.

I think it's one more season if this article from last feb is to be believed.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Directorman posted:

I think that's beautiful if it's real. Looks like the type of shirt I'd expect to see Ardiles wearing for Tottenham.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Seongnam's new kits don't thrill me either.

fun facts about Seongnam: they are the most successful team in K-League history but have the fewest fans.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

oldman posted:

Seongnam's new kits don't thrill me either.

fun facts about Seongnam: they are the most successful team in K-League history but have the fewest fans.

Poor white guy on the right side looks like an outcast :(

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Mickolution posted:

I think that's beautiful if it's real. Looks like the type of shirt I'd expect to see Ardiles wearing for Tottenham.

Yeah I actually love that shirt (if it's real).

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Same here but are these '10/'11 strips really going to leak in February?

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

ICA posted:

Same here but are these '10/'11 strips really going to leak in February?

maybe Puma leaked it on purpose to gague an initial reaction before they make the design official...

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...15875-22053427/

The Mirror posted:

Armed raiders steal 50,000 new-design England away shirts worth £2million from lorry

Armed raiders have stolen 50,000 new-design England away shirts worth £2million from a lorry.

The terrified driver was kidnapped at gunpoint in the early morning hold-up on an industrial estate.

Four men in balaclavas smashed the cab windows, bundled the trucker into a people carrier and took the whole container-load. The shirts – designed for the World Cup and red like the 1966 kit – were due to go on sale on March 3.

An hour after the robbery, at an Umbro factory in Deeside, North Wales, the driver, 37, was dumped unharmed 50 miles away in Wigan.

He was badly shaken and had to find a police station to tell of his ordeal.

The black Volvo FH12 Sleeper cab he had been in was later found burnt out around 10 miles away. An Umbro spokesman said: “We encourage anyone who is offered suspicious England away shirts to report it to the police. We thank the driver and wish him all the best.”

Gtr Manchester police said: “He told us he’d been kidnapped by four men in balaclavas. He was bundled into a car and abandoned in Lowton near Wigan. He’d no idea where he was. A passer-by helped him to a police station.”

Sgt Craig Turner of North Wales Police, leading the inquiry into Wednesday’s raid, said: “The driver was uninjured but very shocked.

“Deeside Industrial Estate, where the lorry was hijacked, is busy, especially in the morning. We are keen to speak to anyone who saw anything ­suspicious.”

The owner of the truck, Warrington-based firm Ray Stewart Haulage, whose name was on the vehicle in gold and black, said: “We just want anyone with information to come forward. Our thoughts are with the driver now.”

I think the away kits are cool, but not that cool.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

TyChan posted:

I think the away kits are cool, but not that cool.

Where the hell are they planning on selling 50k away kits without raising suspicion.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

calcio posted:

Where the hell are they planning on selling 50k away kits without raising suspicion.

Probably sneak them out and unload them to sellers abroad? Some organized criminal scheme should be able to find a way to make some money off of stolen, but authentic, merchandise from a popular international team.

Or maybe they just wanted to steal a lorry and didn't count on the truck being full of away kits.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

TyChan posted:

Probably sneak them out and unload them to sellers abroad? Some organized criminal scheme should be able to find a way to make some money off of stolen, but authentic, merchandise from a popular international team.

Or maybe they just wanted to steal a lorry and didn't count on the truck being full of away kits.
Watch, it was a bunch of Irish criminals and upon discovering their heist was a truck full of England kits are super pissed.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Selling them should be easy enough, but how big would 50k shirts be? Would that much really fit on one lorry?

I remember a few years ago there was a bank robbery in Northern Ireland. The IRA or some group of dissident republicans were suspected, but nobody's ever been done for it I don't think. Anyway, they stole so much money that it's reckoned a lot of it had to be burnt because they had nowhere to keep it without arising suspicion. It's still believed to be being laundered to this day.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Packed flat? Not as big as you'd think I imagine, we got 250 delivered today at work in a surprisingly tiny box. 200 of them would have fit on a big lorry easily.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Dudley posted:

Packed flat? Not as big as you'd think I imagine, we got 250 delivered today at work in a surprisingly tiny box. 200 of them would have fit on a big lorry easily.

Fair enough.

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Selling them should be easy enough, but how big would 50k shirts be? Would that much really fit on one lorry?

I remember a few years ago there was a bank robbery in Northern Ireland. The IRA or some group of dissident republicans were suspected, but nobody's ever been done for it I don't think. Anyway, they stole so much money that it's reckoned a lot of it had to be burnt because they had nowhere to keep it without arising suspicion. It's still believed to be being laundered to this day.

They recovered some of it. It got split into smaller amounts among different people and spread around the place. Some got stung.

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Now with action photos...

I like our jackets.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Was Taters posted:

I like our jackets.

I came.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

calcio posted:

soccertriads.com

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Directorman posted:

I came.

Buying the gently caress out of that.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Was Taters posted:

I like our jackets.

One of my favourite kits ever

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
I like that but I hate the logo, surely they can come up with a better one

Craiglen
Sep 2, 2006
Maybe a straight up flag, or the USA 94 logo

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Shrapnac posted:

Buying the gently caress out of that.

Jersey and jacket for me.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Is that supposed to be England in the background?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hardflip posted:

Is that supposed to be England in the background?

It's not supposed to be anyone.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
It's U-raguay

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Shrapnac posted:

It's not supposed to be anyone.

Well it's obviously vague enough that it could be anyone but it wouldn't surprise me if whoever mocked it up chose to have the other team in all-white on purpose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

Well it's obviously vague enough that it could be anyone but it wouldn't surprise me if whoever mocked it up chose to have the other team in all-white on purpose

The purpose being another color would possibly detract from the foreground?